Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:41:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1969869 times)
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #7560 on: January 18, 2011, 10:51:29 AM

Our supercapitals were doing something at POS while subcaps were nearby doing other things.  Guess the Titan got him before a supercarrier managed to toss a flight of warriors at him.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #7561 on: January 18, 2011, 07:27:05 PM

Apparently this hasn't been mentioned already, but init is withdrawing from catch, and AAA+MC+stain are supposedly going to invade sys-k/period basis (aww poor sys-k, whose skirt will they hide behind this time).

We repped pnqy-y and 4-ep12, and killed HUN's TCU in h-s80w. I didn't see any indication that IT had done anything in fountain other than ~wulfpax~ all day.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #7562 on: January 18, 2011, 07:45:21 PM

I still can't figure out how the hell they're going to invade Period Basis without taking Querious first.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7563 on: January 18, 2011, 11:27:21 PM

Theoretically they could come in through Stain.

Hic sunt dracones.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #7564 on: January 19, 2011, 12:24:47 AM

Someone wanna thumbnail the current state of affairs for me? I haven't been paying attention since goons lost Delve for not paying space rent.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #7565 on: January 19, 2011, 12:31:36 AM

Theoretically they could come in through Stain.
Practically, everyone who has ever tried that (including alliances primarily based in Stain) has wound up wishing they hadn't, and that was *before* jump bridges.  Coming through Stain means your supply lines are about 15 jumps longer than the defender.

Jump freighters might change that, *if* you had enough to be certain there'd always be enough bulk cargo capacity to sustain the load.  You've still got the problem that until you take a station you're staging from NPC space.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7566 on: January 19, 2011, 12:38:15 AM

Someone wanna thumbnail the current state of affairs for me? I haven't been paying attention since goons lost Delve for not paying space rent.

Goons go emo and move north, have everything they have stolen, eventually getting their act back together and after letting F13ers back in they take over space.

Atlas and IT (old BOB) invade the north. Fail. They Invade again. Fail. The Russians invade Atlas. Atlas ceases to exist. So does AAA

IT Invade the North, the west, the south and the middle and fail every time.

Goons and NC boot out Evoke. Fighting between Russians and NC carries on. Pandemic Legion attacks NC repeatedly.

AAA and Friends attack IT Pets in Catch. Goons and Test attack fountain to distract IT from helping Pets against AAA. This turns onto a full scale land grab as IT initially refuses to engage goons, but after constantly ceding space to AAA decided to attack Goons instead. They get similar results. TEST goes "Nice space here. Think we will take it after all!" Pandemic goes "Hey look moons! Hey, we're attacking moons! PAY ATTENTION TO US!!!"

That's my impression anyway but then I wasn't paying much attention till recently either.

Hic sunt dracones.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7567 on: January 19, 2011, 07:02:23 AM

I debated back and forth whether I should repaste this here, but I figure it can't hurt. I found this on kugutsumen, leaked by Securitas:

The move forward

To: Ethereal Dawn [ED]
ALLIANCE
Remove Label

We are now deploying to Delve. There are a series of NPC stations
located around 1DH-SX

You are to move essential ships and equipment to one of these stations
in preparation of gorilla type warfare. We will be deploying in
Stealth Bomber fleets supported by Black OPs Battleships. We will be
attacking Reds across three regions using IT jump bridges where
necessary to make the attack quickly.

We will be on the offensive this time. Anchoring SBUs, destroying TCUs
and completely destroying supply lines. We have been authorized such
tactics as war dec'ing specific enemies in order to attack them in
their high sec connector.

It is time ED start a new motion forward. For the most part we will be
performing our own CTAs and will be sub cap support for our Allies
only when needed. We will be offered a list of available targets and
intel to assist us in being as efficient as possible.

PIRATES.....yes you guys with the low sec status.... we need your
particular talents for some truly crucial low sec ops we will have
coming up.

Logistic pilots..... we are going to form up an actual Logie
Division.... we will have those person that are dedicated to logistics
in a recognized position...

We will be performing some crazy ops, hit and runs, stealth....out
right slams....

Now listen up........

The NPC stations in Delve have some Goons and Hydra Reloaded pirates.
They are there to attack the mission runners and miners.

http://i56.tinypic.com/3444e2r.jpg

http://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/508172

We will need some combat pilots in there to drive them away...this
will be our first mission.... I am formerly offering my vote for
Alliance SubCap fleet commander as AmorphousSGM of BAA. With the
recent loss of Let Jee, we are in need of FCs. I have lown with
Amorphous personally and he is as aggressive as it gets. CEOs you will
need to push your FCs forwards based on some of the fleet types I have
mentioned above.

A secondary mission, no less important is to clear out the Chamemi
system in Khanid region..... We want this system free to allow
logistics to ship from Bashyam a high sec connector.

This is the immediate order of things......

1. Secure our new home station systems of non alliance members. If
they are not blue they must be removed....I think our sheer numbers
will make this a simple thing.

2. Secure our High Sec connectors. We wil be installing a star in
Chamemi if the new cyno rule of 15k from station is accurate. It will
be too dangerous to move freight through this.

3. Start production of SBU's, Bubbles and Ships for the up coming pvp
action. We need to get bombers on the burner. Anyone with a SB blue
print please speak up......

4. Affect a battle plan to be submitted to our new allies. This war
room is going to be set up immediately

CEOs. Emeos will be contacting you for specific corporation
information... PLease help him out when he reaches you

We will be having alot of new bodies joining is in a couple days...
People will be on a trial basis to assure they are good fits for us.
Fly with them, report any issues, problems..whatever to me so it can
be rectified immediately...

Get ready guys and girls...its about to get exciting.....No more grind
for ED....we have just become the edge of the blade

I guess the goons harassing IT's querious pets etc are taking their toll. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #7568 on: January 19, 2011, 08:06:09 AM

There is a corporation called erectile dysfunction?

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7569 on: January 19, 2011, 04:44:26 PM

I guess people just don't want to talk about it.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7570 on: January 21, 2011, 12:27:06 AM

There hasn't been much to report the last few days, really, but it looks like we're ramping up for a weekend push. We started it off by incapping the z30 ihub, and the most exciting thing that happened during the entire fleet was that someone from test/b0rt actually got pretty emo on TS about how we were using so many racial slurs. Well, that and the usual "lol look at this guy's killboard guys" and "we'll be throwing you out of fountain soon enough, just you wait" crap from the IT camp in j5a.

I can't wait to taunt them after we kill their ihub this weekend.

tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7571 on: January 22, 2011, 09:59:46 AM

We formed up alphafleet right after DT and titanbridged all the way to z30 next to the staging POS and waited for IT to enter the grid. About 2-3 short scraps later, we warped 250km off the ihub and watched as our caps entered the field. IT dropped their supercaps on us, we counter-dropped with the help of a few NC caps/supercaps as well. The end result was (this is preliminary numbers, but should be mostly accurate at the time of writing)2 titans, 2 supercarriers, 14 dreads, 29 carriers and 119 BS down for IT, for 1 supercarrier, 12 dreads, 12 carriers and 100 BS for us. We held the field and reinforced the IHUB.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&adjacent&kll_id=8598958

After that was over and done with, everyone who weren't satiated were asked to reship into drakes and get to some system I forget offhand and help rep a WIDOT tower. We were expecting PL resistance, but reports say they overestimated our numbers and did not engage. Oh well.

Edit: Apparently I'm a tard or I didn't listen closely enough. IT hadn't repaired the IHUB after the previous fight, so apparently we killed the IHUB. Z30S-A is now without SOV, and IT's JB network through fountain is now broken in half.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/Z30S-A

Edit 2:

Whee propaganda:

« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 12:26:43 PM by tgr »

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7572 on: January 22, 2011, 12:39:23 PM

2 titans, 2 supercarriers, 14 dreads, 29 carriers and 119 BS down for IT, for 1 supercarrier, 12 dreads, 12 carriers and 100 BS for us

And I *missed* that battle!?!? Goddammit. The loot field by itself could pay for 2 new Titans!

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #7573 on: January 22, 2011, 02:43:52 PM

Honestly, I saw the IT capfleet pop in and I thought we were fucked. I got sent to my pod and then the heavens erupted.

It really was a thing of beauty.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #7574 on: January 22, 2011, 09:13:32 PM

The CEO of Finfleet posts and ultimatum to IT.

The last few paragraphs are the good parts:

We have five points that we require to be actioned upon that will get this alliance back on track. They are as follows:

1. The full restoration of the FC leadership structure. Furthermore, every CEO will be stripped of their power to lead the alliance. All decisions regarding ingame alliance matters are given to the fleet commanders who will sort out a leader for campaigns amongst themselves if Molle is unavailable. This leader can then decide their own FC team for the campaign.

You can send your representatives who are alliance FC level, but nobody who is not active in leading fleets will have a say in anything regarding the operations of this alliance. This includes politics, combat or policies. The role of the CEO should simply be to care about your own corporation and ensure that your corporation participates in alliance operations and in ensuring the wellbeing of this alliance via your own FCs. If you wish to alter alliance politics, you can do so through your FCs in the leadership channel. The CEO title is just an internal corporation title from now on.

2. The bloat within this alliance absolutely must go. No more situations where it is tolerated that a corporation has absolutely ridiculous numbers of characters that never show up on the field. All special rights for there to be an “empire side” section of a corporation and such are ridiculous. Only people who are active and in fleets can have their alts in your corps. We don’t care how important some oldschool figures are for you or whatever other excuse you might have for bloated numbers, cut it down. We are perhaps an alliance of 3,000, not an alliance of 6,000.

3. Every corporation will think of the alliance first, corporation second when achieving goals. If you cannot provide alliance level FCs who are capable and willing to lead, you will be without a say until you get such people in your corp.

4. The alliance culture needs to change. We are currently acting like this is a family-values alliance, where every joke, every word, every act is taken extremely seriously and must be politically correct. You can't curse in fleets, you can't laugh or have fun. This is how ASCN was, this is how every failed alliance in EVE has been. Politically correct, self-righteous assholes. This has to change, fun and laughter has to return.

BOB was not like this. BOB was about being good in this game, being arrogant about it and laughing about that arrogance when we meet. It was fun to be the badasses of EVE, it was a reason to play. What is the reason to play for IT? IT, Parental advisory required, someone might say a bad word or *gasp* make an inappropriate joke! There is nothing fun, cool or interesting in these values. We do not play a PVP game to be a "family friendly, casuals supported" act. We should play it for the killing, winning and laughs.

Despite the seriousness of posts such as these, it is important to remember that this is just a game, and we are leading people who when they play EVE have the primary goal of having fun.

5. X13 and FinFleet are unable to continue any sort of relationship with the current CEO of RKK. They can internally vote if they wish to support Argentina and in such a case we will be resigning from this alliance.

We will give 48 hours for these terms to be agreed upon. If these points cannot be agreed upon, it is unfortunate that both FinFleet and x13 will be forced to part ways with this alliance.

Signed
Klezz
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #7575 on: January 22, 2011, 09:36:47 PM

So: Holding 0.0 space requires a critical mass of supercaps, RKK had it for IT and therefore called the shots in the power vacuum left by Molle's move to another country.  X13 and FinFleet have quietly built up their own "line of battle" supercap fleet and are throwing down the gauntlet: Either the alliance is re-organized around a military junta and the carebears kicked out, or they take their toys and leave.  Left unstated is what they do after they leave the alliance, somehow I doubt it's just "pull back to Empire".

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #7576 on: January 22, 2011, 11:33:11 PM

Sounds to me like they want IT to become more goon-like  awesome, for real

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7577 on: January 23, 2011, 02:27:15 AM

I'd suspect the're going to join Pandemic Legion - the NC probably won't take them, and the rest of the map is Russian. Only other option would be to carve out some space south of the Drone Regions.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7578 on: January 23, 2011, 03:49:42 AM

It would be funny if they joined goons. awesome, for real

Additionally, I just saw rumors about DICE and BNC pulling out of fountain, but I'm not sure how much credibility that has.

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #7579 on: January 23, 2011, 12:07:52 PM

...and RKK, SUITS, ANZAC. Maybe they went searching for FinFleet and X13?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7580 on: January 23, 2011, 12:34:53 PM

Reading the whole thing, its less an ultimatum than a "Preserve internet honour before running away screaming like a little girl" post. With obligatory Mollie ass kissing for whatever godforsaken reason.

Hic sunt dracones.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #7581 on: January 23, 2011, 02:53:04 PM

Kind of them to do it in January to keep the streak going.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7582 on: January 23, 2011, 05:42:10 PM

# 00:34 Alliance IT Alliance transfered ownership of the system 31X-RE (Delve) from FinFleet to Tin Foil.
# 00:34 Alliance IT Alliance transfered ownership of the system 5-6QW7 (Delve) from FinFleet to ePeen Construction.
# 00:34 Alliance IT Alliance transfered ownership of the system F-9PXR (Delve) from FinFleet to Tin Foil.
# 00:34 Alliance IT Alliance transfered ownership of the system Q-02UL (Delve) from FinFleet to ePeen Construction.
# 00:34 Alliance IT Alliance transfered ownership of the system Y5C-YD (Delve) from FinFleet to ePeen Construction.
# 00:34 IT Alliance transfered control of the station 56 Brokeback Delve refinery in 5-6QW7 (Delve) from FinFleet to ePeen Construction
# 00:34 IT Alliance transfered control of the station Q OHGOD DISBANDED in Q-02UL (Delve) from FinFleet to ePeen Construction
# 00:34 IT Alliance transfered control of the station Y5C YMCA HANG OUT WITH THE BOYS in Y5C-YD (Delve) from FinFleet to ePeen Construction
Heh.

Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #7583 on: January 23, 2011, 06:56:06 PM

Translation?

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7584 on: January 23, 2011, 07:29:26 PM

One of the corps rumored to be leaving transferring alliance assets, which is a suggestion we might see IT fragment.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #7585 on: January 24, 2011, 03:21:34 AM

I do not understand.  If a corporation is going to leave, why would they transfer assets out rather than holding on to them when they jet?

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #7586 on: January 24, 2011, 03:28:55 AM

Because there's no point in holding a random station or sovereignty if you're not living there any more and also they don't want to piss Molle off for some reason. All the leaked forum posts about them leaving have had the leadership of those corps very carefully sidestepping around Molle while throwing blame around at every single other person in the alliance.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #7587 on: January 24, 2011, 03:32:56 AM

So everyone fears this Molle guy because he is ex-GRU?

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #7588 on: January 24, 2011, 04:07:22 AM

Oban, at what page did you start reading this thread?
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7589 on: January 24, 2011, 04:19:39 AM

I think he should go back to page 1 and keep reading until the end.

Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #7590 on: January 24, 2011, 05:27:53 AM

tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7591 on: January 24, 2011, 06:00:16 AM

Yeah, definitely go to the first page and read on, as it's a much better thread then than it is now the last few pages. We're missing people on the other side of the conflict. Ohhhhh, I see.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #7592 on: January 24, 2011, 09:17:48 AM

Finfleet and X13 just left IT

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #7593 on: January 24, 2011, 09:24:11 AM

Don't kill them all yet, I have five more days of training till I can participate!

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7594 on: January 24, 2011, 10:45:42 AM

Que the "No-one could have killed IT! We voluntarily disbanded!" posts.

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: