Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:28:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1969930 times)
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3430 on: January 01, 2009, 12:33:12 AM

Spent a relaxing evening saving a tower and then leisurely flying around Southern Cross and EXE space while they mostly hid in stations or got raped.

Happy New Year from the front!
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3431 on: January 01, 2009, 10:19:53 AM

From a grunt's perspective I'm not aware of any spying taking place -- two towers did not generate loss/killmails, chances are the system registered them as still being present and changed sov accordingly. If that's the case question is how long it's going to take GMs to restore Sov3.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #3432 on: January 01, 2009, 10:30:02 AM

From a grunt's perspective I'm not aware of any spying taking place -- two towers did not generate loss/killmails, chances are the system registered them as still being present and changed sov accordingly. If that's the case question is how long it's going to take GMs to restore Sov3.

Given CCP's historical response rate?  Probably longer than it takes to naturally return.

Witty banter not included.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3433 on: January 01, 2009, 10:55:37 AM

It was Goonswarm sov 1 the DT afterwards so it was caused by a bug not spying, and everyone is reasonably confident of this.

Sucks eggs but what you gonna do?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 10:58:51 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #3434 on: January 03, 2009, 12:00:57 AM

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3435 on: January 03, 2009, 05:34:51 AM

Shouldn't that be in the awful fittings thread?

Hic sunt dracones.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #3436 on: January 03, 2009, 02:46:56 PM

I was in a corp with Mr. Cardking for a while... He is like 15 years old, and a giant douche.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #3437 on: January 03, 2009, 03:00:12 PM

I was in a corp with Mr. Cardking for a while... He is like 15 years old, and a giant douche.

Cardking was pretty much the only competent FC I ever flew with in IAC.  That said, he did let Samson die to a Goon slosh op before we were Goons because he didn't want to cause a diplomatic incident.  For all the good it did them.  Goons reset them fairly soon thereafter for being tremendous asshats.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3438 on: January 03, 2009, 03:17:25 PM

He wasn't the only competent FC at the time, just one of the three most prevalent.  I actually bumped into him in a random channel the other night and got to reminisce about that Goon incident, too.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #3439 on: January 03, 2009, 08:34:44 PM

Being a douche is one of the pre-reqs for being a good FC, would be worse if he was a douche and a bad FC. Also that lossmail is one of the reasons it's not a good idea to rat sansha's with expensive ships.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #3440 on: January 03, 2009, 08:49:08 PM

The vaga coulda soloed em easy anyway. As a general rule of mine, you pimp out your ratter just enough to be effective. Bad shit happens.

Not sure why that would be in bad fiting thread, standard ratting shit. Anyway, back to WARRRRRR

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3441 on: January 03, 2009, 09:04:16 PM

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #3442 on: January 03, 2009, 09:23:06 PM

nice, f13 represent :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #3443 on: January 03, 2009, 09:29:57 PM

alas, I didn't make the killmail. (but I was there tackling)

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3444 on: January 03, 2009, 09:48:42 PM

Mollie is crying his eyes out on a CAOD thread right now

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=963644

Zues is his alt.

I'll post a battle report tomorrow...

Hic sunt dracones.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3445 on: January 03, 2009, 10:34:53 PM

Proud to be a part of killing a titan with subcaps.  In my first t2 megathron.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3446 on: January 03, 2009, 11:26:01 PM

How many titans have Goons killed now? They have to hold the record.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3447 on: January 04, 2009, 12:13:17 AM

Fewer than Pandemic Legion, for sure.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #3448 on: January 04, 2009, 04:18:43 AM

His alt posting are truly terrible. And he thinks he's witty. He's really a faggot.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #3449 on: January 04, 2009, 04:45:08 AM

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=963644&page=3#84

Molle throws his titan pilot under the bus itt

Congratulations on the kill you beautiful bastards.

Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #3450 on: January 04, 2009, 05:45:32 AM

Wait, doesn't that mean that Molle has now personally lost 4 or 5 titans? Isn't that some sort of EVE record for titan-piloting incompetence?
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #3451 on: January 04, 2009, 06:07:26 AM

It was some other guy this time.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3452 on: January 04, 2009, 06:29:27 AM

Not to change the subject, but what's up with Triumvirate only having 271 pilots?  Did they fall apart again?  It's also kid of amusing that RED.OverLord have 284 members but hold 13 systems and 2 stations.  They're half the size of the next alliance with more than 10 systems.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3453 on: January 04, 2009, 06:45:05 AM

Vid from the goon's perspective: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ymdSjCYK_PI&fmt=22

You can feel the excitement over comms.

Also even at that shitty resolution you can clearly see him repping.  Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 06:50:53 AM by Sparky »
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3454 on: January 04, 2009, 09:23:42 AM

Ok, as promised, Battle report.

Night started off with no hint of drama. We Went up to save a medium moon mining tower in Detroid that had been reinforced my atlas. While there we got word that BOB was coming to help Atlas take out the Moon. So we suited up and prepared for a serious fight with us outnumbered. Enemy cyno went up and 30 add Atlas came through it. We sat there waiting for the BOB gang to appear (Messiah Killson was in local) No dice. then one of out coverts got a probe on the enemy fleet, which warped then he got them again. so our support was ordered to fly to them and engage. Lots of rape sounds on Teamspeak, then the FC ordered in Amarr Battleships and finally once we finally confirmed it was not a trap all our fleet went in. Sadly there was not much left by then and all I got to fire was one volley.   Heartbreak

We heard than that BOB had been coming, but 34 Pandemic legion had decided to have some fun and had bubbled a BOB Nyx and Bob were trying to save it. So 150 BOB were held up by 34 PL and BOB therefore left Altas with their tails in the air.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Moving along to the subject people actually care about, our FC ordered us to move to a system 2 jumps away from the H-DAOC and camp there for a while. A BOB scout jumped in on us about three quarters of an hour before things happened, but the Pilgrim was melted, so BOB must have known a large Goon fleet was about. We got the feeling some kind of trap was in the offing but we had no idea what, and all our FC told us was that we might have a chance to shoot blues.

Then he started screaming for us to jump and burn to the H-DAOC and he started yelling he needed bubbles on the Titan. Everyone as one thought "What? TITAN?!?!?!?" As we were entering warp to H-DAOC he told us the Titan had fired his Doomsday and at that point I evil grinned. We found out later that he had been baited out, had warped to a station, Doomsdayed and a TCF guy got the bubble on him.

We jumped into system, ignored the 3 or 4 BOB sitting on the gate and flew to the Titan. Then from my point of view it was simply a case of sit at close range, point and shoot. The Interdictors did a fantastic job as ever. BOB got their fleet in when he was at 50% armour but they warped in at long range and sniped at us rather than engage at close range, which was probably the right decision for their own survival if not his. He went down in around 5 minutes. Once he was down everyone went a little nuts, then we blew up a Dread, Command ship and some other crap.

So yeah we saved the tower  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

http://killboard.goonfleet.com/battles/948

Summary
Type                  K   L
Battlecruiser   1   1
Capsule          2   6
Command Ship   1   0
Destroyer          0   1
Dreadnought   1   0
Frigate          0   7
Interceptor   1   1
Interdictor     0   2
Titan           1   0
Total           5   12
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 09:27:25 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3455 on: January 04, 2009, 10:02:42 AM

Tut-tut: Bob know better than to let Goons kill their titans at potential turning points in southern campaigns.  They should know better than even to use them, given how frequently they lose them these days.  And the stuff about "at least Bob uses them" is nonsense: KIAEddz (lol nanotitan) and at least one of the (ex?) Tri titan pilots throw theirs around like they have Evoke's sploitcash mountain to replace them with.

Great to see F13 get a bunch of people on the kill, especially as a lot of those on it have been putting in tons of work in the last few weeks, and really deserved the resulting permanent 90%+ K/D ratio :D

Speaking of whicvh: there goes the usefulness of our killboard statistics!  F13's stats for the war so far, which were already phenomenal, are now:

Damage done (ISK): 236.68B
Damage received (ISK): 5.71B

Also, the North are filtering into Curse, into which they've been importing assets for a few days, now.  Nice welcoming message for them to boost their participation, about picking up where they left off on the titan-killing front.

Also, PL are great allies (at least when they aren't red awesome, for real).

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3456 on: January 04, 2009, 11:45:28 AM

Speaking of the North, there appears to have been a battle today between BOB AAA SE and other pets and the northern alliances in 5H-SM2 in Wicked Creek. NC seems to have taken a mild hammering, looking at various killboards. Tau Ceti lost a couple of carriers.

Hic sunt dracones.
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #3457 on: January 04, 2009, 11:56:10 AM

Zeus is some dude from Evol, not Molle's alt.

But yeah, that titan pilot was fucking horrible. We're still too shocked to fully grasp the scale of that titan's pilot(and his FC) idiocy.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3458 on: January 04, 2009, 12:14:26 PM

Speaking of the North, there appears to have been a battle today between BOB AAA SE and other pets and the northern alliances in 5H-SM2 in Wicked Creek. NC seems to have taken a mild hammering, looking at various killboards. Tau Ceti lost a couple of carriers.

Wouldn't say hammering; we broke into system coordinating with an Atlas and BOB fleet already in place. At some stage TCF and Razor (for the most part) retreated and we simply mopped up those who got caught in bubbles before racing off to shoo away a UNL fleet trying to siege an Atlas POS.

No matter how all of this turns out, constant fighting on all scales going on in several regions. As I was heading out for dinner 80+ KIA pilots were moving towards HED. I am getting too old for this.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3459 on: January 04, 2009, 12:25:39 PM

(and his FC)

Was it Yaay by any chance?
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #3460 on: January 04, 2009, 01:36:43 PM

Summary
Type                  K   L
Battlecruiser   1   1
Capsule          2   6
Command Ship   1   0
Destroyer          0   1
Dreadnought   1   0
Frigate          0   7
Interceptor   1   1
Interdictor     0   2
Titan           1   0
Total           5   12
The irony of that is their claim that they killed so much more. If you take away us frigs that popped at close range, it was even. Once again, the financial loss to them was much greater. I think my ship cost me a whole 600K with war mark up.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #3461 on: January 04, 2009, 01:58:48 PM

A small CVA crew made a trip to Catch.  About 14 bounced around like mad dog killers for a few hours.

Victims were AAA/Citizens, BDCI, KIA, UK, Gay4life(elliot manchild), Rebellion Alliance and a host of others.  The boys did a little reshipping, but the tally was nice.

71 ships killed
8 ships lost

The amount of serial crushing makes me sorry I missed out =(
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #3462 on: January 04, 2009, 06:05:05 PM

(and his FC)

Was it Yaay by any chance?

Nope, some totally unknown goon BNC dude. He knew there was 150 man goon gang 2 jumps out, he knew there were cloaked heavy interdictors at the station (he was told about it repeatedly), he knew what he had (only one titan and less 30 support fleet), oh and he should have known that the POS titan was at was being watched (well, everyone who fought PL before or fought NC in north knew that you always keep a look at the titans in system when you're camping with sniping/cloaking gang) and yet he still decided to warp the titan in, at the range of... 20km from PL fleet (cause, you know, it's not like DD can kill to 250km). Oh well, at least "it was private titan, so there was no loss for BoB corporations" to quote it's owner. He probably isn't even going to get kicked, because there are dumb, really dumb, (...) , and far at the end of the line, there is this guy.

On the other note of fail, there was doomsday that killed 20% of our gang and of that 20%, like 99% were FinFleet battleships. Only mildly amusing by itself, but when you connect it with fact that FINFN directorship pushed for new dd-proof setups. They went to hell and back to convince everyone and when they finally succeeded and new fits became mandatory, the only corp not using and dieing terribly due to it is FinFeet itself. Someone didn't tll them that you can refit your ships at the stationn, there is no need to trash and get a new one every time ammo runs out or want new paintjob.
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #3463 on: January 04, 2009, 06:10:07 PM

Good thing it was a private Titan.
sanctuary
Terracotta Army

Reply #3464 on: January 04, 2009, 11:12:13 PM

You can't complain about his fit, that's some nice gear. Who was the lucky goon to pick it all up?
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: