Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:00:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1970064 times)
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2660 on: July 13, 2008, 08:14:09 AM

MAX update, take two: http://myeve.eve-online.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=2259&tid=7
Deklein - In the early hours of the 10th, Band of Brothers attempted to use its new 'Maximum Damage' warfare philosophy. The current residents of the region, Imperial Republic Of the North, stopped the juggernaut in three decisive battles.

Unable to bring the full force of its MAX assault into Deklein due to cynosural jammers, BoB was forced to use conventional ships in the opening moves. The initial attack occurred in VFK-IV where BoB attempted to neutralize the system's cynosural jammer. Although evenly matched in numbers, IRON took the day when they deployed a locally available Avatar class Titan and fired the Doomsday weapon, destroying a good part of BoB's fleet.

Several hours later, BoB once again attempted to take out the cynosural jammer in VFK-IV. In addition to the Avatar, an IRON Nyx class Mothership joined the front line battle providing support and fighter cover. The combined force of those two ships aided in destroying a majority of BoB ships with minimal losses to IRON.

BoB regrouped and launched another attack less than two hours later on the cynosural jammer in neighboring 2R-CRW. Although IRON was unable to deploy their Avatar, they defeated the BoB fleet in conventional combat with the help of allies Red Alliance and Pure.

One anonymous IRON pilot had this to say about the 'Maximum Damage' operation, "It doesn't seem to have been very successful for BoB..."

Krok elite of Red Alliance shared a similar view: "Operation 'MAXimum Damage' changed to 'MAXimum PODS going home'"

SpaceSavage, a member of Executive Outcomes (a member of the Greater BoB Coalition) had a different opinion: "If IRON believes they've stopped MAX, they are mistaken. The thing is with this sort of campaign is that you can't really stop it. With logistics being so easy, with the industrial strength, the only thing that will stop MAX is if BoB/GBC say stop. The most dangerous thing in [space] is a roaming entity, a fleet that has no specific goals other than to level part of the map, so far we've taken out fleets, taken high value moons, killed defenders and then killed attackers. MAX is designed to inflict maximum damage, thus far, it's happening. I think time will tell how efficient the campaign will be. I'm looking forward to many fights ahead; I was part of the group of 400 capitals that moved up here, a sight to behold, now all that's left is for someone to challenge that fleet."

awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2661 on: July 13, 2008, 09:55:43 PM

Isn't the grand flaw (well, one of...) that if logistics are so easy for the GBC, they would in turn be easy for who ever they intend to attack?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2662 on: July 14, 2008, 03:51:53 AM

Sssh.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2663 on: July 14, 2008, 03:54:24 AM

It actually is a small advantage to have 20 Titans setting up a mobile jump bridge chain.  If only it weren't for those damn cynojammers!
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #2664 on: July 14, 2008, 07:01:16 AM

BoB and extents delusional as ever...

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #2665 on: July 14, 2008, 03:19:40 PM

I would have made the acronym DICK instead of MAX.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2666 on: July 16, 2008, 01:22:56 AM

Why is nobody mentioning TCF and Goonfleet in the context of losing capitals at a rate of 3:1 against Stain yesterday?  Don't we even have any Stain members here to crow?!?

As foreseen by all and sundry, Stain are very willing to deploy caps away from the protection of jammers and without huge numbers advantages.  The difference between their doctrine and that of Smashkill/Bob is obviously taking some time to sink in with our FCs  Ohhhhh, I see.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2667 on: July 16, 2008, 03:57:39 AM

Stupid question, which Stain? Isn't there two?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2668 on: July 16, 2008, 04:03:47 AM

We didn't want those dreads anyway.  awesome, for real

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2669 on: July 16, 2008, 05:43:19 AM

I was waiting for someone else to post. I was there, but I was just a out-of-system scout; I didn't participate in the battle since it happened at about 1pm EST.

Goon News Network forecast:

It was probably the single most expensive loss that GoonSwarm has ever faced in one battle; the total ended up being about 30 billion. This just goes to show how quickly things can go sour and how brutal the losses can be when it does.

We were trying to finish one of their PoSes we had reinforced earlier; Everyone cyno'd their caps in system, and it was 45 us (Goonfleet/TCF) and 30 them. We engaged off their PoS, things went fine early fight, but by midfight they had killed our support fleet and it turned bad when Coven (SE ally who also lives in Stain) hotdropped another dozen or two capitals on top of us. We made a few mistakes during the fight that contributed to the losses but it would have been really bad either way. This is what Stain had to say about the matter:

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 06:00:38 AM by bhodi »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2670 on: July 16, 2008, 06:30:36 AM

It was probably the single most expensive loss that GoonSwarm has ever faced in one battle; the total ended up being about 30 billion.

Nah, we've lost a titan (whether or not that was paid for by you-know-who as suggested), we've lost motherships (book price in that region) and I'm sure we must have lost close to that much in the MC cap shipyards op.  Actually, maybe not, but if we didn't then it was only because we were traffic-controlled.

Time to update the "The South: Graveyard of Supercapitals" graphic.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2671 on: July 16, 2008, 06:44:09 AM

It's nice to see Goonswarm get a bloody nose once in a while.

Now you'll have to force all of your members to rat for ONE ENTIRE HOUR to recover the lost isk.  ACK!

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2672 on: July 16, 2008, 06:52:24 AM

To our credit, we had a great showing 12 hours later in the same system. Everyone has a welp day sometime.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2673 on: July 16, 2008, 07:35:49 AM

It's nice to see Goonswarm get a bloody nose once in a while.

Now you'll have to force all of your members to rat for ONE ENTIRE HOUR to recover the lost isk.  ACK!

Heh, I remember the Bob post you refer to XD

Twitter - Endieposts

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2674 on: July 16, 2008, 08:13:10 AM

awesome, for real

...actually I have no idea what you are referring to.  undecided

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2675 on: July 16, 2008, 09:38:42 AM

awesome, for real

...actually I have no idea what you are referring to.  undecided

Oh, I think it was after Molle (or whoever was using his account) lost his titan, a Bob poster said that everyone in their alliance would just need to rat for one hour and it would be replaced.

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2676 on: July 21, 2008, 10:46:50 AM

We've been fighting SE and Coven in Stain.  Sunday saw a veeeery long battle, where GF/UNL started with a slightly larger subcap fleet but SE had 60 capitals around.  We were fighting mainly at their (functional modded) towers, and my killmails started at 1400 and went on til I left to FC Bat at 2000 (thus meaning I missed the cap kills).  It was great fun, with close to constant fighting throughout, and acted as a real meatgrinder.

Anyway, who can see the fun fact about this striking capital killmail?

http://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/235392

The plucky little ship that could.

Twitter - Endieposts

Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #2677 on: July 21, 2008, 10:56:04 AM

Eh, an interceptor as highest damage dealer on a cap kill?

... wow ...
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #2678 on: July 21, 2008, 12:48:06 PM

How much damage can a magstab blaster ranis carry? Hm, 12 base on AM S * ~10 modiifier = 120 per shot, times 25k, less 90% resistance = 300k. Even with less than max skills you should be able to hit 100k easily, more if your target isn't tanked to 90% average resists. I admit, I didn't think the little bugger had it in him.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2679 on: July 21, 2008, 01:54:29 PM

I'm also impressed by the apparent utter lack of fittings on that Revelation!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2680 on: July 21, 2008, 02:55:23 PM

There was a primary capital called, but all the enemy's support fleet was totally wiped out (yay for Eagleswarm/apocswarm) and those support out of range of the primary just started shooting a closer target.   After ten minutes of the taranis doing 270dps or more the primary changed.  More embarassing for the brutix, really :V

I fitted a taranis two days ago and couldn't believe what EFT told me I would be doing.  'Course, if the target has a web I'm going bye-bye.

Edit: D'oh fighters will have added to his damage.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 03:01:08 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #2681 on: July 21, 2008, 06:05:17 PM

We've been fighting SE and Coven in Stain.  Sunday saw a veeeery long battle, where GF/UNL started with a slightly larger subcap fleet but SE had 60 capitals around.  We were fighting mainly at their (functional modded) towers, and my killmails started at 1400 and went on til I left to FC Bat at 2000 (thus meaning I missed the cap kills).  It was great fun, with close to constant fighting throughout, and acted as a real meatgrinder.

Anyway, who can see the fun fact about this striking capital killmail?

http://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/235392

The plucky little ship that could.

Heart ranis

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #2682 on: July 21, 2008, 06:19:50 PM

How much damage can a magstab blaster ranis carry? Hm, 12 base on AM S * ~10 modiifier = 120 per shot, times 25k, less 90% resistance = 300k. Even with less than max skills you should be able to hit 100k easily, more if your target isn't tanked to 90% average resists. I admit, I didn't think the little bugger had it in him.

I usually fly a rail ranis for the frig ops with no damage mods does decent damage but tracking is a bit poor at hi speeds. Also having drones can be a pita cause you lose em a lot in fast moving ops with fleet warps and smartbombing BS. In answer to your question though the standard T2 blaster Ranis can do about 330 DPS and still manage 4km/s.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2683 on: July 24, 2008, 01:13:14 PM

Ah, the war and it's roundabout ways.
Here's a pic of Atlas getting the upper hand in a cap slug fest against evoke/outbreak.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2684 on: July 27, 2008, 08:19:41 AM

The war against Stain Empire continues; the battle has raged in c9n for over two weeks now. Dozens have towers have been reinforced and saved, reinforced and saved, and slowly, goonfleet and allies have taken the upper hand.

Moments ago, Stain Empire neglected to engage as a massed fleet of GoonSwarm and TCF numbering over 400 engaged one of the last remaining SE PoSes in-system...

GoonSwarm should get sov on the system during Monday downtime.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 08:24:42 AM by bhodi »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2685 on: July 27, 2008, 08:30:32 AM

The war against Stain Empire continues; the battle has raged in c9n for over two weeks now. Dozens have towers have been reinforced and saved, reinforced and saved, and slowly, goonfleet and allies have taken the upper hand.

Yep, for all that i am just sitting here in MY EAGLE waiting to defend the BS fleet against a Stain attack that it seems will never come, it's good to finally finish off these C9N towers.

Also, another couple of pictures, this time from Calimor.  There are, if you look closely, an awful lot of battleships.  It must sucka bit to be Stain, to slaughter 35 of our BS in probably the best/gutsiest hot-drop we've been on the receiving end of, and to lose the system anyway.

http://img.waffleimages.com/07bc2316ecf383841f33862afd5495c9eedb1d04/veryships1.jpg

and

http://img.waffleimages.com/538c131c2e5355c93baf11d34bfa09db1b114ea5/veryships2.jpg

Twitter - Endieposts

Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #2686 on: July 27, 2008, 09:33:02 AM

I get 403 forbidden on those waffleimages pages.

Witty banter not included.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #2687 on: July 27, 2008, 09:37:30 AM

Waffleimages only accepts SA as referrer. You need to copy paste the links into the URL bar.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #2688 on: July 27, 2008, 12:11:35 PM

Good call, that worked.

Witty banter not included.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #2689 on: July 28, 2008, 03:49:01 AM

Ok. Can someone sum up the current state of The War for me? I got that the Goons pushed all the way into Bobspace, and then kind of stalled out there.

Now it seems Bob is kind of lashing out with some kind of Ubertactic which is pretty much them picking fights with smaller groups to salvage some of their epeen?

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2690 on: July 28, 2008, 05:04:47 AM

You're sorta right.  The current game mechanics make it exceptionally difficult to take space if your enemy has plenty of titans and sov 3 (let alone 4).  The coalition managed it in QY-6, but it requires such grinding, unpleasant commitment that we eventually backed off.  Bob, after a taste of it for themselves in 9-9, have obviously learned this lesson, too, and are picking on one of the easier targets available (not the very easiest, which would be Catch or Fountain: you'll know they're needing a morale-boosting victory when they attack one of those).  Even then, they are discovering that only massive poop-socking and a willingness to accept massive losses is letting them make any progress at all.

Twitter - Endieposts

LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2691 on: July 28, 2008, 02:28:46 PM

Or

Eve isn't much fun in it's current state.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2692 on: July 28, 2008, 02:56:10 PM

Or

Eve isn't much fun in it's current state.

Yes, just now figuring this out?

Fuck blobbing and POS warfare.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2693 on: July 28, 2008, 03:00:03 PM

I like POS warfare?
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2694 on: July 28, 2008, 03:04:28 PM

Yeah I like 30 seconds module lag, it is great.

Maybe I was just doing large scale shit. And yes, it sucked.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: