Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:07:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2251350 times)
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #1855 on: October 16, 2009, 11:15:46 AM

Batman: AA.  I feel like I should be enjoying this more, but I'm not. 

This. The game is well done in every aspect but I think it's the handholding design that's bugging me.

Meanwhile I can't pull away from Risen. The combat is ass but the voiceovers and story are pretty good. I also found out this weekend that playing Rock Band with 4 people instead of solo is actually pretty cool. Who knew?!  why so serious?

Rome:Total War sucked me in again as well, and I have an itch to Radicalthon a Julii game but that whole work thing is getting in the way.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Phire
Terracotta Army

Reply #1856 on: October 16, 2009, 11:40:19 AM

On chapter 23 out of 26 on Uncharted 2. Right now it is probably my favorite game this generation and that is just playing through the single player. Every aspect of this game is near perfection and the graphics and technology have no rival on the consoles.

I still have a few lingering achievements in ODST that I plan on polishing off tonight and then it is off to Brutal Legends which I plan to have completed before Borderlands on the 26th.
WayAbvPar

Reply #1857 on: October 16, 2009, 11:54:50 AM

help help I can't stop playing Mount and Blade

It will wear off in about a month. Then you will forget about it for a year, then suddenly get an overwhelming urge to play it again, which lasts another month. Rinse, repeat.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1858 on: October 17, 2009, 07:03:30 AM

Done with Risen. It was a enjoyable ride, apart from the final fight with was too console bossfight for me, and the fact that you get kicked out of the game immediately afterwards. But I got well over 50 hours out of it.

Moved on to Divinity 2, lets see if it can hold up to Risen.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1859 on: October 17, 2009, 07:12:11 AM

Yeah, so I'm playing persona and I just got attacked by two basketballs and three toilets.  And the music is fucking terrible.  I may not make it through this one.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #1860 on: October 17, 2009, 11:58:44 AM

Get back to us about how it went, I did them in reverse order.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1861 on: October 17, 2009, 01:12:39 PM

Yeah, so I'm playing persona and I just got attacked by two basketballs and three toilets.  And the music is fucking terrible.  I may not make it through this one.

Which Persona?  The music gets old fast, its a good idea to provide your own music when playing it or just turn music way down when you aren't in a dungeon for the first time.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1862 on: October 17, 2009, 02:53:41 PM

Which Persona?  The music gets old fast, its a good idea to provide your own music when playing it or just turn music way down when you aren't in a dungeon for the first time.

I think it's the first one.  It is for my new PSP Go, and it seems like an old game.  

Edit:  just to clarify, the game says Persona.  Pubishing year is 1996
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 02:58:33 PM by ghost »
schild
Administrator

Reply #1863 on: October 17, 2009, 03:42:11 PM

Yea. Persona 1 is rough. Persona 2 is much, much better. And happens to be positively gorgeous if you like sprites.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1864 on: October 17, 2009, 07:48:09 PM

Just beat the latest Red Faction game, I might actually go back and try to beat all the side missions that I didn't bother with, but I'm pretty sure there are no unlocks left.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1865 on: October 17, 2009, 08:23:38 PM

Get back to us about how it went, I did them in reverse order.
Is that a new Divine Divinity? I never delved into Beyond Divinity, maybe I should go back and give that one a whirl.
Phire
Terracotta Army

Reply #1866 on: October 17, 2009, 08:55:01 PM

Halfway done Brutal Legends and starting Borderlands on 360! Don't worry Schild I won't spoil anything for you ;)
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #1867 on: October 18, 2009, 12:53:46 AM

You can't spoil loot. It's unpossible!
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #1868 on: October 18, 2009, 02:23:53 AM

Is that a new Divine Divinity? I never delved into Beyond Divinity, maybe I should go back and give that one a whirl.
Yep, it's the third release in the series. I think it's only available in German speaking countries for now.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1869 on: October 18, 2009, 07:20:04 AM

What I can already say is that the game engine of Divinity 2 is worse than Risens. Despite it being the older game, I had to cut back on the graphic effects and I still have to wait a few seconds if I open the inventory screen. Seems I will have to let spring the money for a new computer relatively soon. Will see if it better with the news Single Core Optimized patch in a few minutes.
Gunzwei
Terracotta Army

Reply #1870 on: October 18, 2009, 09:33:40 PM

Finished up playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 on 360 which was pretty fun. My only complaint was that it didn't have loot like the first game but the fusion system was pretty cool. It will probably be the last 360 game I play for awhile since I just built a new PC. Already put AION on rest xp status (only play when rested). Tried out FE for a bit which wasn't for me, but I can see it having a niche potential for some people tired of DIKU repeats.

About to play Crysis/xpac for the first time, and might do a fresh run through Last Remnant which is much better if you use a trainer to modify the union sizes to their original 25 members instead of 18. Like some others mentioned if you can get past the shit introduction LR gets much better assuming you like the combat system. These two should tie me over till Borderlands/Dragon's Age come out.

Elerion
Terracotta Army

Reply #1871 on: October 19, 2009, 12:40:28 AM

might do a fresh run through Last Remnant which is much better if you use a trainer to modify the union sizes to their original 25 members instead of 18.
Hm, can (and should) that be done on a first play through? I may choo-choo-choose LR as my passover drug.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1872 on: October 19, 2009, 01:39:04 AM

What he means by trainer is a separate program that allows you to cheat in ways the console cheating (typically) doesn't allow. So, it doesn't matter what playthrough you are on.

At least that is what I assume he is talking about.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Elerion
Terracotta Army

Reply #1873 on: October 19, 2009, 03:03:11 AM

Yeah, but trainers that change mechanics often muck things up such that it's hard to use unless you already know the mechanics well.

The more important question would be "Should I?" though. As well as "Is the game good if I do?"
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1874 on: October 19, 2009, 03:54:31 AM

Ah, sorry I have no clue, never played it, haha.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1875 on: October 19, 2009, 09:11:04 AM

I believe that changing union sizes could be good or bad depending on who you are fighting.  Not that I played the PC version and also don't know what those numbers mean, but I do remember hearing that you could have more units/unions on the PC version.  I'd probably prefer the PC version but I don't intend to buy this game twice.

I have been playing Uncharted 2 and I don't have any complaints about it that I did not also have with the previous one.  The play mechanics are indeed much improved and the combat is easier; a lot of this is due to the vastly-improved cover system, but also there is more ammo and grenades are easier to use.  Grenades are a bit TOO easy to use, in fact, but I'm not going to complain about it since it is a definite improvement.

While looking at the Uncharted 2 Store screen, I noticed a "Drake's Fortune" button at the bottom.  Turns out this checks your Drake's Fortune save and gives you shit based on your trophification, so once my wife went to bed I loaded up the first Uncharted and continued my second playthrough.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Elerion
Terracotta Army

Reply #1876 on: October 19, 2009, 10:21:31 AM

While looking at the Uncharted 2 Store screen, I noticed a "Drake's Fortune" button at the bottom.  Turns out this checks your Drake's Fortune save and gives you shit based on your trophification, so once my wife went to bed I loaded up the first Uncharted and continued my second playthrough.
What a cruel mechanic  ACK!
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1877 on: October 19, 2009, 12:27:39 PM

If anyone was interested, X3:TC is now available for Max OSX.  See here.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 01:10:46 PM by Murgos »

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Gunzwei
Terracotta Army

Reply #1878 on: October 19, 2009, 01:08:28 PM

I believe that changing union sizes could be good or bad depending on who you are fighting.  Not that I played the PC version and also don't know what those numbers mean, but I do remember hearing that you could have more units/unions on the PC version.  I'd probably prefer the PC version but I don't intend to buy this game twice.

By end game you get 5 unions, and can use 18 units in those unions. Originally you were supposed to be able to have 25 units (5 full unions), but it was cut back to increase the fps. If you have an early copy of LR it'll mention the 25 units on the back of the box. I've played it through both ways and the extra units give you a bit more free reign on how you want to set up.

http://lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/Difference_between_Xbox360_and_PC_version - In case anyone was curious.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1879 on: October 19, 2009, 09:27:05 PM

Mr Diggs's digging animations are now much quicker.

awesome, for real

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Le0
Terracotta Army

Reply #1880 on: October 20, 2009, 04:41:35 AM

Still playing Aion, just reached 25 yesterday so will finally be able to test PvP. Also first instance!
I'm quite addicted by crafting, always feels nice procing a blue that sells for ~350-400k with 30k mats.

Also Templar is nice class and since its my first time playing a tank in an MMO I can feel the love of group finding in 30sec for anything.

Otherwise I just bought my PS3 last week, already been playing plenty of LBP with the GF and friends. Grand Tourismo 5 is not bad but damn I can't drive.
Ratchet and Clank did not really play a lot for the moment (GT5 and Ratchet & Clank came with the PS3). Still waiting for Demon's Soul, Uncharted 1 and MGS4 arriving for some proper gaming :o
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1881 on: October 20, 2009, 08:27:49 AM

By end game you get 5 unions, and can use 18 units in those unions.

OK, I am just bad at math right now.  Nothing to see here.

Currently playing both Uncharteds.  I deleted all of my old Drake's Fortune saves except the one that had trophies enabled.  I'll be working to finish that one since it seems I won't get any more import bonuses until I do, and the pre-trophy saves are not visible to the sequel.  I seem to have started this game on Hard, or higher maybe, and that Kill 50 Enemies Without Dying trophy is going to have to wait. Ohhhhh, I see.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1882 on: October 20, 2009, 01:34:16 PM

I am considering purchasing a PS2 and maybe a PS1 for some of the final fantasy games.  Anyone have an opinion on this potential venture? 
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1883 on: October 20, 2009, 01:37:03 PM

I am considering purchasing a PS2 and maybe a PS1 for some of the final fantasy games.  Anyone have an opinion on this potential venture? 

Which Final Fantasy games?
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1884 on: October 20, 2009, 01:41:48 PM

FIFA 10  DRILLING AND MANLINESS  awesome, for real

Virtual Pro is an interesting thing. make a character, put him in the games player database. He plays whenever you use that team and levels up as you  complete tasks in game. or in the arena, or in practice mode, or anywhere else in FIFA.

Microtransactions out the wazoo to buff thatr player for one or more games without having to work at it? Well, that's one way to make money.

Season 2.0 looks really sweet as well.

But the the one thing that makes me glad I picked it up. It feels, well, real. the pace is picked up. the runs are  fluid. the control incredible. have a player good enough do a  double heel to heel then sprint to do a rainbow flick? in traffic?  while weaving in and out? Totally doable.

Have not touched Manager mode,  Be a pro, online, etcetera.

Achievements are harder this year.

The best soccer game I've ever played. bar none. Might be the sports game I've ever played.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 01:44:54 PM by sigil »
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1885 on: October 20, 2009, 01:42:59 PM

Uh, go for it?  Should only cost you a couple of bucks, no reason not to buy used in this case.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1886 on: October 20, 2009, 01:54:57 PM

Which Final Fantasy games?

Not sure.  I've gone through VII and some of VIII.  Any recommendations?
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #1887 on: October 20, 2009, 02:01:24 PM

You should only need a PS2 to play both.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1888 on: October 20, 2009, 02:04:03 PM

I think you can get anthology versions of 4 and 6.  Play those if you haven't. 

Avoid 9.  It's mainly just fan service and bad. 

12 and 10 are worth a play.  I liked 12 more than 10, but 10 did have its moments.  Never finished it (10),  however.

7 rides by on nostalgia, but I'm not a big fan.  I found it somewhat tedious.

I don't think I played 8 enough for an expert opinion. I just didn't like the bits of it that I did.

So, 4&6 if you can find any anthology and then 12, 10, 7, 8, 9. Are what I'd look for in order as far as purchases go.

Shit, I just ranked the FFs.  Going to go take a shower now.

-Rasix
schild
Administrator

Reply #1889 on: October 20, 2009, 02:04:32 PM

Every PS3 can play PS1 games. The only Final Fantasy games that are worth going out of your way for are 4 and 6. They are both available for the PS1. Thus, a PS3 can play them. The only Final Fantasy available for the PS2 is FFXII. FF-X and X-2 are bad games.

That said, it's worth getting a PS2 for the Atlus and SCEA stuff more than Square stuff. I would not call that era a "high point" of Square's creativity.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: