Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:24:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2251374 times)
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #6090 on: October 16, 2012, 12:52:08 AM

Torchlight 2 is screaming for my attention, Borderlands 2 wants to be played, I should really buy Dishonored.

But X-Com is really really addicting. I can't play anything else.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #6091 on: October 16, 2012, 08:55:46 AM

Still playing GW2 for the most part. Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 have taken a backseat to XCOM as my alternative game though.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #6092 on: October 16, 2012, 02:39:41 PM

Sims 3 still.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #6093 on: October 16, 2012, 02:54:16 PM

WvW in gw2 whenever there's enough oppostion(and eb jumping puzzle occasionally). Can't seem to do any pve despite trying  Ohhhhh, I see.
Blood Bowl:CE but more or less the same there: playing against the computer just seems boring so limited mostly by the opponents I can find.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #6094 on: October 16, 2012, 05:58:44 PM

WvW in gw2 whenever there's enough oppostion(and eb jumping puzzle occasionally). Can't seem to do any pve despite trying  Ohhhhh, I see.
Blood Bowl:CE but more or less the same there: playing against the computer just seems boring so limited mostly by the opponents I can find.

Secret World and some Frozen Synapse league matches.

Will try and grab you this weekend Satael not at 2am!
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6095 on: October 17, 2012, 08:31:02 PM

Picked up Mugen Souls yesterday; it's basically Compile Heart's homage to Disgaea. Combat is a gridless SRPG style, graphics are a very cute anime style, the story is hilarious but this game is very Japanese.

I still need to finish BL2 so I can start the pirate DLC.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #6096 on: October 18, 2012, 01:38:08 AM

Secret World and some Frozen Synapse league matches.

Will try and grab you this weekend Satael not at 2am!
Unfortunately I'm away this weekend swamp poop
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #6097 on: October 18, 2012, 05:38:35 AM

I did a quick forum search and it doesn't appear that there has been much talk about the game Rocksmith.  Somehow I didn't know this game existed until just a few days ago.  I loved all the Rock Band games, and it really turned me on to the possibility of learning some actual guitar.  Tried RB3 with the "pro" guitar, and while it had a certain amount of realism to it, I found that the actual implementation in the game itself to be too difficult to deal with once you reached a certain point...even so, I had always promised myself that I would get back to it at some point, because I did enjoy it, and I was very slowly learning some stuff.

So enter Rocksmith.  This is not a game, at least not in the same way that Rock Band and Guitar Hero were games.  You use a real guitar.  Anything with a quarter inch output will do.  There are no fake notes, though obviously in the beginning they dumb down the chords and stuff, and skip tons of notes as well.  It is not "fun" in the traditional sense.  You very quickly get the feeling that this is 80% guitar lessons, and 20% game (and as such, none of the interfaces or other gamey elements are as well done as other guitar games).  For what it is, however....it might just be fucking brilliant.  The technology is incredibly impressive, to say the least.  You plug in your guitar, and you play your guitar.  It slowly brings you up to speed on things, giving you an huge option of technique challenges to complete at various difficulties (e.g. power chords, slides, bending, etc.).  I can't even wrap my head around most of it.  There are also "arcade" games they have used to help you practice certain techniques, e.g. a duck shooting gallery where you quickly play single notes to shoot the flying ducks, a tetris like game to help you move blocks via sliding up and down the fret.  And so on.  Tons of stuff.  You can also simply begin playing songs.  There is an adjusting difficultly alogrithm that detects how well you are hitting the notes in a certain song (or even in your tech challenges), and ups or reduces the difficulty on the fly.  Really smart, but it seems to get a bit too hard too fast.  Another thing it does, which is both good and bad, is that it doesn't "fail" you out or otherwise punish you too harshly.  Good because you can keep on plugging away at it.  Bad because it also lets you get away with hitting bunch of shitty notes...as long as you also still hit the one you were supposed to hit, you get full credit and the game ups the difficulty, despite the fact that you may have actually stunk up an entire phrase.

The interface itself is not great, and there are a bunch of things that piss me of and are otherwise irritating about some of the "gaming" elements.  But what an amazing thing they have done here with the technology.

I don't know if I will learn guitar to any convincing degree.  I know, however, that after two days I am better at it than I was, despite many hours of RB3.  And my fingers are fucking sore. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6098 on: October 18, 2012, 08:15:48 AM

I'm mildly interested in that. However, it's probably not real friendly to improvisation and I hate playing things as written without messing around a bit.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #6099 on: October 18, 2012, 08:25:57 AM

Actually, I think that it is somewhat open to improvisation...though in an odd way it creates a problem for a novice like me, because it also doesn't punish you for playing a bunch of dogshit, either.  As long as you still hit the note when it pops, you can surround it with whatever you want.

Edit:  Actually, the more I think about it...even if you play a "wrong" note, it still will sound of exactly as you play it.  No muted clicking noise like RB and GH, it plays what you play.  Assuming you don't suck (which YOU obviously wouldn't), it would still work out just fine in terms of scoring.  And even then, scoring doesn't seem to be the most important thing here, as it is barely even a game.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 08:36:16 AM by Cyrrex »

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6100 on: October 18, 2012, 09:12:53 AM

Just out of curiosity, are you playing the first or second Rocksmith? I haven't played either, but the second one adds support for bass as well as guitar.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #6101 on: October 18, 2012, 09:37:37 AM

I didn't even know there was a first and a second....at any rate, the one I have has the bass support as well.  Might just be an updated version with the same name (or just simply an EU version)

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #6102 on: October 18, 2012, 11:21:38 AM

My dad just started playing, so I might pony up and learn to play too.  The idea of playing guitar on a video game with my dad seems too cool to pass up.  Thanks for giving me something to use this Gamestop gift card on.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

More info here:  http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-us/home/index.aspx

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #6103 on: October 18, 2012, 11:25:20 AM

I'm running through FO: New Vegas again.  I just can't seem to play anything else.  I hope they do another iteration of the Fallout series that isn't an MMO.  Ran through a little bit of Demons' Souls last night too.  I also put in Dark Souls, but just can't seem to get into it yet. 
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6104 on: October 18, 2012, 02:02:08 PM

New Vegas is still my favorite post-2000 RPG, and also what ultimately caused the lapse of judgment resulting in me backing Project Eternity.  

For the first 4 days of this week I've been away on a conference with xcom, GW2 and MOP taunting me. It's been torture I tells ya! I will probably have to go ubercatass to make up for lost time.  why so serious?

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #6105 on: October 18, 2012, 06:54:50 PM

2 mmos at once is never a great idea.
that said, i find my purchase of GW2 is killing any desire to be interested in other games.
it's a positive thing not looking for steam bargains n stuff. Get home, hit GW2 icon. Autoplay. Login. Etc.
Midnight. Sleep.
Repeat.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #6106 on: October 18, 2012, 07:13:10 PM

I can do two MMGs easy. Right now, STO and GW2. Three, though? No. Which is why I've done no more than patch Riders of Rohan.

I don't have a lot of computer time these days, but I do have an iPhone now. I've been playing Ascendancy and Battle Nations.

(I'd say I'm also playing Trade Nations, but there's not a lot of gameplay to it. It's more like check in every couple of hours, press a few buttons, and start something building for the next 12 hours. I suspect companies that monetize based on "wait to click the cow" design don't get much income from those of us who've dealt with EVE's skill training system.)

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6107 on: October 18, 2012, 07:28:22 PM

that said, i find my purchase of GW2 is killing any desire to be interested in other games.
it's a positive thing not looking for steam bargains n stuff. Get home, hit GW2 icon. Autoplay. Login. Etc.
Midnight. Sleep.
Repeat.

Yah.  GW2 did this to me for a while as well. Right now, I've gotten to the point where I pushed the personal story to the last quest. And it's the instance.. so, yah, I'm not doing that.  Taking a break from GW2.  Bit burnt out, but that's not a terrible thing with a no sub MMO.

Just beat XCOM on my chosen difficulty.  May give it another run. 

Borderlands 2 just didn't catch on with me.  Hit around lvl 14-15 and just not feeling the urge to keep playing at all.  I don't get it, I put a solid 30+ hours in the first one.

So, I'm playing a single game of LoL a night (season 2 finals inspired me) and trying to figure out what I should play next.  Maybe more LoL, who knows?  Trying to resist the WoW expansion, since I know that won't end well.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6108 on: October 19, 2012, 07:53:42 AM

i find my purchase of GW2 is killing any desire to be interested in other games.
Midnight. Sleep.
Repeat.
Yep. To the point I don't even want to bother with letting PS2 do it's multi-gig update. Log in, mess around for a while, oh shit it's 1am. Well, maybe finish this DE chain that I couldn't do last night because of the epic enemy cockblock...2am...yeah, I went to bed with 1 DE and 2 unique enemies left for the daily :p I'm like level 47 now, it's powergamer mode!
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #6109 on: October 19, 2012, 08:27:27 AM

Midnight. Sleep.
Repeat.

GW2 has definately killed my interest in other mmos for now too. I thought I would be buying MOP within a month of its release but now I don't feel like it would offer anything that GW2 already doesn't and lacks the wvw component (which actually is the only part of GW2 I actively spend my time in). I am though slightly interested in the halloween event in GW2 starting next monday.

The new "dlc" for bloodbowl and crusader kings 2 will probably occupy the rest of my gaming time for the next month(s).
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #6110 on: October 19, 2012, 08:50:37 AM

GW2 has got to be the best value game I've ever bought. Many, many hours of happy exploration through lovingly created and quite varied content and it still tells me I'm under 50% done. Only MMO I frequently stop and just admire the scenery and the wife is addicted to (normally it's me pushing to play something).

Other than that transferred my tanks from World of Tanks US to South East Asia and went from 300+ ping to 100 ping. Grinding up some new tanks which reminds me how many really bad, outmatched, but mandatory tanks there are in the low tiers that must cost them lots of retention.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #6111 on: October 19, 2012, 09:30:06 AM

I got an overdose of Borderlands 2 (that game just won't end!) and decided to take on Risen 1 & 2.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6112 on: October 19, 2012, 09:37:03 AM

Looking forward to Risen 2, hopefully it will be cheap this xmas sale time. Risen is probably my favorite in the series thus far (followed by Gothic 2 + expansion).
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #6113 on: October 19, 2012, 10:37:48 AM

Save me from myself...

Got bored with GW2 and played Pandaria for 2 weeks.  After remembering how terrible WoW pvp is, we all went back to SWTOR.  For all the faults in SWTOR, it may be some of the best balanced MMO pvp in recent years.   

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6114 on: October 19, 2012, 10:41:25 AM

Hmm, that would be a cheaper option than playing MoP.  I still have tons of leveling to do.

I don't think I've PVP'd at all in the last 3 MMOs I've played (SWTOR, TSW, GW2).   
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 10:43:15 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6115 on: October 19, 2012, 10:48:42 AM

Save me from myself...

Got bored with GW2 and played Pandaria for 2 weeks.  After remembering how terrible WoW pvp is, we all went back to SWTOR.  For all the faults in SWTOR, it may be some of the best balanced MMO pvp in recent years.    
My experience with pvp in swtor/rift/wow/gw2... strongly disagrees with that. SWTOR checks off almost every item on my "Why PVP Typically Sucks In DIKUs" list.

e: well ok, it's not worse than wow, but that isn't saying much :p
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 10:54:56 AM by Zetor »

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #6116 on: October 19, 2012, 11:09:27 AM

I don't think I've PVP'd at all in the last 3 MMOs I've played (SWTOR, TSW, GW2).   

SWTOR: Well balanced with a carrot.

GW2: Well balanced but lacks incentive.  (I think GW2 PvP was better, I just got bored with it due to the incentive being purely cosmetic.  I must confess that having a goal/grind keeps me playing)

TSW: Too many gimic builds dominated pvp.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6117 on: October 19, 2012, 11:22:20 AM

I had some fun with pvp in TOR, but I didn't do a whole lot of it. And they did nerf Death From Above at one point. Sith Warrior was a lot of fun in Huttball.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6118 on: October 19, 2012, 11:43:24 AM

Can feel myself running out of steam with GW2. Other than WvW there's not much depth to be found; as I've been working on my 100% map completion the sameness of the PVE in every zone has really become apparent. Probably will be on a good long break from it soon. I'd be playing SWTOR but I get lonely on the guild line QQ.

Otherwise Blood Bowl, XCom... has anyone tried multiplayer in XCom yet?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6119 on: October 19, 2012, 12:00:39 PM

I liked Huttball in TOR; once they changed whatever to make the other two BGs start popping I lost interest in PVPing there because I didn't like either of them.

Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #6120 on: October 19, 2012, 12:08:07 PM

I'm still playing GW2 but fighting the urge to try other things since there's no sub and money's a little tight right now. I have my eye on Dishonored and XCom, but not the cash. Getting a little bored with GW2. I agree with Nebu on the rewards for PvP thing and the lack of substance to the ones you get in GW2. That's part of why I'm getting bored I think. I don't feel like I have any real goals like I did in any other MMO PvP I've participated in.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #6121 on: October 19, 2012, 08:40:21 PM

Still playing TOR and XCOM, though I may start tackling some stuff in my backlog, like Metro 2033 or the original Borderlands.

I'm mostly raiding in TOR and leveling alts, but each new patch has sort of turned into a morbid game of "let's see what they've broken this week."
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #6122 on: October 19, 2012, 09:42:58 PM

Spent two hours getting fucking owned by Dark Souls.   awesome, for real

The game is definitely a lot more unorganized feeling than Demons' Souls. 
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #6123 on: October 20, 2012, 09:02:42 PM

I bought Dark Souls a while ago and stopped playing after not making it very far and having some other stuff to do, but now I've picked it up again and I'm chugging along at a decent clip.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #6124 on: October 21, 2012, 08:07:06 AM

Now that I've figured out where I'm supposed to go it's going a lot better.  I seem to remember that Demons' Souls was a lot more "go here first".  I'm definitely digging it, although it does feel a little "samey" so far. 
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: