Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 09:05:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Mass Effect - Weekend Deal 50% off ($9.99) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect - Weekend Deal 50% off ($9.99)  (Read 22951 times)
Malakili
Terracotta Army

on: November 05, 2009, 01:25:37 PM

schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 01:37:16 PM

Yes. But not really, because Dragon Age is just a much better Mass Effect. But yea really because the second one will probably take improvements from Mass Effect and you don't want to be lost with the story.

Also:

Heart
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 01:41:14 PM

Mass Effect is good stuff. The main plot line is solid. The side quests are mostly crap. On balance it was quite good.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 02:23:56 PM

Heart
Heart DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS Heart DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS Heart

Geeky space gypsy women are so hot.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 02:43:27 PM

But yea really because the second one will probably take improvements from Mass Effect and you don't want to be lost with the story.

Also, your game-clearing save (made automatically before the credits) will influence a great deal of what you see in ME2. Not just in the main plot, but in side quests, ambient events, relationships, etc.

It will be fun. Oh yes.

Side bonus, the Steam version never had EA's odious custom version of SecuROM included.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 02:49:35 PM

Is there a way to transfer my Xbox360 safegame to my PC? Because at that price I will buy it, but I'd rather not unlock all the weapons again for my next playthrough.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 02:54:58 PM

I thought it was based off achievments.  Wouldn't those carry over logging into Games for Windows Live? Or is that available with the Steam?

-Rasix
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 03:05:29 PM

The PC version doesn't use GFL I don't think.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 04:31:54 PM

God dammit steam is bilking me for so much money these last few weeks between good weekend sales and new game releases.  I really need to just go back to pirating everything instead of buying things at good price points  awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 05:07:25 PM

Great deal for a very, very good game. And yes, Tali is  Heart, I really hope to see the Qarian fleet in ME2

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 05:09:27 PM

That's DLC I would pay for. i want to meet more Quarians in general. Tali was my go to girl for every away mission.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 05:19:37 PM

Is there a way to transfer my Xbox360 safegame to my PC?

I can't imagine any way that could be possible. Sorry. :/

I thought it was based off achievments.  Wouldn't those carry over logging into Games for Windows Live? Or is that available with the Steam?

Achievements, as I've heard through public sources, have an influence on what you start with (I recall they said "Rich" achievement would have nice effects -- fortunately, that one was also dead easy to get). The real meat will come in the quest flags. ME2 can query any quest flag set in ME1. It's not just the Virmire and Council choices -- it can be stuff like waving a gun in Conrad Verner's face and "Say goodnight, Manuel."

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 05:43:55 PM

That's DLC I would pay for. i want to meet more Quarians in general. Tali was my go to girl for every away mission.

I mean...C'mon  Heart Heart (spoilerish, yes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nyz6FO_BZA

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 05:46:14 PM

Damnit.. I've already blown my budget with Torchlight and The Witcher and the Lucasarts packs.  Still, I think I can suffer one week without eating out.    Heart waiting to buy games.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 12:28:37 AM

But yea really because the second one will probably take improvements from Mass Effect and you don't want to be lost with the story.

Also, your game-clearing save (made automatically before the credits) will influence a great deal of what you see in ME2. Not just in the main plot, but in side quests, ambient events, relationships, etc.

It will be fun. Oh yes.

Side bonus, the Steam version never had EA's odious custom version of SecuROM included.

Tell me more about this custom SecuROM.

Oh yes, that.
http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/06/17/1850222

Does Dragon Age also have that? Howsabout ME2?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 12:33:35 AM by Azazel »

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 07:38:07 AM

Achievements, as I've heard through public sources, have an influence on what you start with (I recall they said "Rich" achievement would have nice effects -- fortunately, that one was also dead easy to get). The real meat will come in the quest flags. ME2 can query any quest flag set in ME1. It's not just the Virmire and Council choices -- it can be stuff like waving a gun in Conrad Verner's face and "Say goodnight, Manuel."

Oh, my achievement remark was purely for the gun/ability unlocks.

You're going to make me buy this for the PC now, even though I don't likely have time for a play through for both sets of quest flags I want. I'd rather purchase this on PC and playing Dragon Age has put a silly notion into my head that ME2 would run well enough on my PC. 

Anything to avoid buying my 360 games, really.

"Say goodnight, Manuel." was just unexpectly awesome and one of my favorite early moments during my "asshole, psycho agressive run" in ME.

-Rasix
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 07:53:33 PM

Punching the reporter was so incredibly memorable.

We've had this conversation before, though. With stormwaltz, I think. Stormwaltz, where's my ME2?! WHERE?!
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 09:30:31 AM

He can't really help us with that anymore. sad

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 05:21:42 PM

I bought this just now. There's a 70% my old ass computer won't run it, but for $10 I'm more than willing to take a chance.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #19 on: November 08, 2009, 05:34:27 AM

Plus, you'll still have it when you upgrade the computer at some future date.  Win/ win.

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: November 08, 2009, 12:41:32 PM

I can't believe I never played this game until now, it is pretty damn good. It, however, should have been named Mass Elevators. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #21 on: November 08, 2009, 03:29:55 PM

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: November 08, 2009, 04:44:24 PM

Or they died in the incredibly shitty fun killing vehicles.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 03:00:55 PM

Is anyone playing this on W7? I'm not using the steam version though.

Edit! Forgot the patch. See if this does the trick..
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: November 10, 2009, 11:09:58 AM

Is anyone playing this on W7? I'm not using the steam version though.

Edit! Forgot the patch. See if this does the trick..

Probably won't help but the steam version works perfect on my W7 machine, I did have to Run as Admin though the first time i fired it up, no idea why i haven't had to on subsequent game start ups though.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 12:16:58 PM

Geeky space gypsy women are so hot.

You just love her accent!  Admit it!

I'm playing this for the first time and so far I'm enjoying my Vanguard but it's very annoying I got stuck with shotguns instead of sniper rifles.  I can't seem to find any use for shotguns when pistols and force powers biotics kills stuff just fine.

Over and out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #26 on: November 10, 2009, 12:22:21 PM

Once you get the skill up and start seeing better quality gear shotguns really do a lot of damage - I particularly like them with knockback-increasing ammo. Wrex with a good shotgun is like a wrecking ball.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #27 on: November 10, 2009, 12:36:18 PM

Can we import the necessary save file from an old drive? I'm booting into W7 now, but I think I still have the save on my XP drive.

Also, how will it deal with multiple characters? My first playthrough was my usual white knight, but Lamont, he's a sumbitch of a Shepard. I'd like to make my first ME2 play as the white knight without sullying myself with cousin Lamont's.....uncouthness.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: November 10, 2009, 01:11:51 PM

You just love her accent!  Admit it!
It does add to her appeal.

pants
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: November 10, 2009, 01:42:05 PM

How irritating.  Missed this.  Anyone know of any similar cheap deals for ME going around?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #30 on: November 10, 2009, 03:56:28 PM

Once you get the skill up and start seeing better quality gear shotguns really do a lot of damage - I particularly like them with knockback-increasing ammo. Wrex with a good shotgun is like a wrecking ball.

Yeah that mini-boss that you fight after saving the last party member fucking wrecks you with a shotgun.  Made me sad I picked the sniper rifle class isntead of the Heavy Armor one.

Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: November 11, 2009, 07:07:14 PM

I'm using a pea-shooter  awesome, for real. On the flip side I throw people up in the air.

Enjoying the game, but the side quests blow chunks.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #32 on: November 12, 2009, 11:09:08 PM

I should have gotten this. Probably. Just that I have the disc version (unplayed) and didn't want to buy it twice on the same platform.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: November 14, 2009, 01:44:03 PM

I'm using a pea-shooter  awesome, for real. On the flip side I throw people up in the air.

I am assuming that I am pretty daft and missed something fundemental, but when does Shepard get Biotic powers?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #34 on: November 14, 2009, 01:50:35 PM

I am assuming that I am pretty daft and missed something fundemental, but when does Shepard get Biotic powers?
You choose a class for Shepard when you create a custom character.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Mass Effect - Weekend Deal 50% off ($9.99)  
Jump to: