Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:11:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #6 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#4 - Game Day #6  (Read 23534 times)
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #105 on: July 01, 2011, 06:19:00 PM

If time runs out you can decide who wins by each rolling a die and seeing who rolls higher.  Nuffle will decide who is worthy!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #106 on: July 01, 2011, 08:21:22 PM

Acherontic Welkin 3 - 1 The Bell Jar Utd.

The moral of this story is that av8 > av7, I think. Falc had a tremendous Guard advantage over me (and blodge. Oh god, So. Much. Blodge.) but chose to try for a quick-scoring running game instead or grinding me to pulp. After taking some unnecessary risks early on which used up his Apothecary in order to save the star Thrower from a move break, he stalled for a bit at my endzone, before trotting in for a one nil lead. There had also been a bit of a scrum in the middle of the pitch, but the only real result was a couple of Elves getting knocked out.

For my part, the offensive drive consisted of the typical elfy mince-around-and-something-will-happen strategem. Which it did, Falc eventually skulling out on a block and allowing me to reposition a good screen onto one side of his half. He scrambled to get back and cover, but one too many gfi roll cost his star Thrower her participation in the match, having injured herself off the pitch, again. With that threat handily removing itself for me, I zipped into the endzone shortly before half time. My investment in Bloodweiser babes also paid off, with my KOs coming back into the game to keep me at a full 11.

The second half drive started off in much the same way, with Elves poncing about and trying to find some way to stall for a 2-1 win. Falconeer however, had other plans. Just as it was starting to look as though the Amazon armour was buckling, I miscounted some tiles and left my Thrower open for a blitz. Falc pounced, knocking the ball free and swarming my half with five or six players. My thrower, being a total baller (har har), picked himself up, fished the ball out of a tacklezone, dodged away for two gfis and then hurled the ball half-way down the pitch. He did get fouled afterwards, but you know, I think that it really was deserved.

I stalled for a couple of turns, trying to get as many hits in as I could, before going in for a 2-1 lead. By this point, Falc had about four or five players off the pitch, and he amassed on the LOS, looking to maul his way through for an equalizer. His replacement Thrower however, had a bad case of the nerves, and choked the pickup, freeing one of my wings to come racing downfield to try and sack the ball. She did survive the Lightning Bolt which followed, but between that and seeing her guarding Blitzer get knocked out in front of her did nothing for her nerves - and she promptly fumbled the ball a second time. The Elves preened a bit, and then ran in their third point.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 08:23:36 PM by Megrim »

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #107 on: July 02, 2011, 05:00:23 AM

It was a game of bad luck for me. Not SUPER DISGUSTING WANT TO KILL MYSELF bad luck, just consistent, ever present bad luck. I can't remember one single positive thing happened to me in the whole game aside from one turnover against Megrim for a failed dodge in turn 2, which helped me score (too soon, but my girls and their AV7 was getting them killed in the middle of the field. I needed repositioning at thatg point otherwise I would have scored on turn 7 maybe but with half team dead. Megrim wasn't even trying to get the ball back, he was just maiming helped my grils proneness to go to the injury box), and I can't remember a single negative one happened to him. When I blitzed his carrier getting the ball loose (twice) it always ended in a good position for him to get it again. I had 6 casualties against and zero for, and my Star Thrower got casualted twice in the first 7 turns. When I was defending quite well I got a double skull with no rerolls (just burned it on a gfi) that collapsed my defense, when I pierced for a possible equaliser my thrower failed to pick up twice in a row, and when Megrim had to pull out some magic to get the ball from a tackle zone, move out of it and throw downfield, he did without a flinch. As I said, nothing too ridiculously against me, just consistently one sided luck that certainly helped what would have probably been a much more balanced game. Congrats Megrim.

That said, my best Catcheress leveld up (to 3) and got Sidestep, and one of my Blitzeress got STR 4, plus Blodge of course. Sylvia Plath, despite watching the game from the sidelines, got MVP and got closer to Level 5. Would be great if my best players could ever finish a match. Do I sound bitter?

I'll advance to Day #7 later today.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 05:02:32 AM by Falconeer »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: July 02, 2011, 12:29:57 PM

Not trying to be a jerk here but who wins the game is supposed to upload the replay on BBManager. I am very tight on time and very lazy, so please Megrim as soon as you read this upload the replay of our match so we can move forward. Thanks.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: July 02, 2011, 01:27:21 PM

Updated with the thread for Game Day #7 but I am not advancing the game until Megrim uploads our game to BBManager.
In the meantime you can use the thread to speculate and smacktalk.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #110 on: July 03, 2011, 12:40:32 AM

Upload done.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: July 03, 2011, 05:27:25 AM

Heart

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #6  
Jump to: