Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 04:37:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #1 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#4 - Game Day #1  (Read 30068 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #35 on: May 06, 2011, 11:26:37 AM

On the bright side though you'll have a ~900k gold piece shopping spree before our match.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #36 on: May 06, 2011, 12:54:58 PM

JUST GIVE ME ONE OF EVERYTHING GUYS, I'M FEELING SPENDY

God Save the Horn Players
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: May 06, 2011, 02:06:38 PM

2-0 to the Forces of Chaos. Once again my luck was horrid. Including charging my beast at someone and rolling double skulls, rerolling and rolling double skulls and having it not get up for the rest of the half.

As expected there was skin, hair and tenticles flying left at a rate of knots. 2 or 3 of his players were injured I think and one of my warriors is out next game. Aside from the luck it was a pretty even game, more than the score indicated. It didn;t help that it started raining in the second half and I could not make a ball handling roll to save myself, and I don't think ruvalt missed one.

Good game though. Fun.  this guy looks legit

Hic sunt dracones.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #38 on: May 06, 2011, 02:19:32 PM

The Ex-Presidents of Doom 2 - 0 Harbingers of Homeopathy

The Harbingers elected to receive for the first half, and managed to pick up the ball.  I blitzed the ball carrier and played pretty aggressively...maybe too aggressively as my one reroll was spent pretty quickly.  I did manage to wrangle the ball from the Harbingers, however, and we went several rounds of doing very little after double red-skulls ended our turns.  I had a touch of bad luck and got a few injuries, but engineered a knock-down of his resurgent Nurgle Warrior ball carrier on turn 6, picked up the ball, and was able to run it in for a TD with Jimmy Carter on turn 8.

Though I was receiving in the second half I was pretty worried.  Due to my team cuts from the feeder league I had no bench, and both of my primary ball carriers were badly injured.  I also got rid of most of my rerolls slimming down to TV1250; the plan was to buy them with inducements because a lot of the teams in the league would have a higher TV than me, but that wasn't the case with this game and so I only had one reroll.  To make matters worse it started raining.  Still, I got off to a good start in the second half, moved the ball up the field, and took advantage of some very good luck on my ball pick-ups along with some very bad luck on Sir T's ball pick-ups.  I scored a TD on my fifth turn of the half, and settled in to defend against a TD at the end of the game, trying my best to avoid further injuries.

In the end, no deaths on either side, but I have one out for the next game, and I think Sir T is in the same boat.  It was a good game, and challenging; Sir T had some bad luck, and I was pretty fortunate several times, especially when picking up the ball.  It very easily could have ended up being 1 - 0 and that would have been a justified score.  Nasty game, and nothing artful about it.  I enjoyed it, and Stormbringer is living up to its reputation already.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 06, 2011, 02:47:05 PM

1-0 Bashtards lose to Ulysees' lizards. While I certainly can't say much for my opening performance without playing any games since last season (kinda busy getting certified), my love of ringers in this league continues.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Looking forward to losing to people I know instead of random Internet strangers.

Also really tired of Lineorcs getting MVP, ffs.

As i was a ringer last season but now i am a F13 member this, to whom are you refering?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #40 on: May 06, 2011, 02:48:44 PM

Not to ruin the fun but pro tip for people who want Sky to like them: post outside just the BB subforum. Of course he may still not like you even then.  awesome, for real

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: May 06, 2011, 02:54:57 PM

Not to ruin the fun but pro tip for people who want Sky to like them: post outside just the BB subforum. Of course he may still not like you even then.  awesome, for real

I don't want people to like me or not, that is their choice. I try not to be a complete retard however, so most people do tend to get on with me. I guess its not always possible to not rub everyone up the wrong way, but i didnt start being an arse. Did i?

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: May 06, 2011, 03:06:16 PM

If you post a sentence in another forum, it means Sky knows you. It's internet tribalism of a low form.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #43 on: May 06, 2011, 04:14:56 PM

Yeah people that post in one forum here pretty much get ignored as crazy.

Or, if you agree with Nerf.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #44 on: May 06, 2011, 04:52:56 PM

No way, Nerf is our hero, his crazy dog our mascot.

...right? why so serious?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 06, 2011, 05:29:13 PM

RARROOO??! SKY BE MY FRIEND?
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #46 on: May 06, 2011, 05:37:38 PM

God, do I love that pictures like that exist in this universe.

God Save the Horn Players
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #47 on: May 06, 2011, 08:13:59 PM

It was to be a handoff, and I would have had a decent half cage and should have had enough of your guys marked to make it an interesting last couple turns, I was really hoping for a tie. I don't know how the heck I wasn't able to take advantage of your 'skink defense'. Just not quite enough guys that were just out of position. Rain wasn't helping.

I forgot about the riot, so didn't expect the first half to end that turn, woops.

To everyone who thought I'd end up in the playoffs: heh.

An addendum to my leveling Lineorcs: Wrestle is about useless. I've had it on a guy forever, thinking I'd have some flavor on the team, really wish I had taken block instead. I've never once had a call for wrestle, and block would've been useful almost every game.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 08:15:43 PM by Sky »
Strazos

Reply #48 on: May 06, 2011, 08:22:03 PM

I find wrestle to be more of a defensive skill. Probably why I don't have it.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #49 on: May 06, 2011, 08:28:12 PM

It's a good skill for players that are meant to blitz a ball carrier because it overcomes the possible defense of block, increasing the odds of knocking a ball out.  I always put it on blitzer gutter runners.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #50 on: May 06, 2011, 08:28:23 PM

It was to be a handoff, and I would have had a decent half cage and should have had enough of your guys marked to make it an interesting last couple turns, I was really hoping for a tie. I don't know how the heck I wasn't able to take advantage of your 'skink defense'. Just not quite enough guys that were just out of position. Rain wasn't helping.

I forgot about the riot, so didn't expect the first half to end that turn, woops.

To everyone who thought I'd end up in the playoffs: heh.

An addendum to my leveling Lineorcs: Wrestle is about useless. I've had it on a guy forever, thinking I'd have some flavor on the team, really wish I had taken block instead. I've never once had a call for wrestle, and block would've been useful almost every game.

Wrestle has its good points, but orcs don't need it much since they're so strong on the line already. It can still be nice for stripping the ball carrier in situations where block would just get you one of those both-down bounces but a lineorc isn't really the ideal spot for that probably.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #51 on: May 06, 2011, 08:30:36 PM

A goblin with wrestle and dauntless maybe?  That'd be interesting (and annoying) on an Orc team.  Otherwise I can't see Orcs using wrestle all that much.  The blitzers already have block.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: May 06, 2011, 08:50:34 PM

The original intention was to have him be a ball hog, but I'm not a good enough player to allow for specialized players outside maybe my thrower. Chuck got Block late in the season and that's the only reason it wasn't 2-0 when Ulysees pulled that awesome blitz on my pocket that forced me to shift to the far side of the field. My actual goal this season is to get block on my Black Orcs and hopefully ding a couple Blitzers. So frustrating to have my Lineorcs hogging my spp, heh.

I think the lineorc that got mvp in that game may have dinged...and he's a new guy. I think the last two lineorcs I added dinged within two games, and I still have level 1 Blitzers and Black Orcs. Blah. So I'll probably fire the guy with Wrestle.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: May 07, 2011, 03:07:09 AM

JUST GIVE ME ONE OF EVERYTHING GUYS, I'M FEELING SPENDY

Pretty sure you can get Morg, a wizard, and a chef.

Should make for an interesting match...

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: May 07, 2011, 03:58:53 AM

I love wrestle on non ball carrier skinks, mainly against slower bashy teams.  If a big guy is on the pitch they basically can't go anywhere their next turn, effectively taking them out of play.
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: May 07, 2011, 05:29:36 AM

on the flip side to that, the floowing turn the skink won't be going anywhere, since your asking for a 3 dice block against you, using someone with MB against your Av7 stunty who has a double skill roll.  Not generally a good idea!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 12:39:09 PM by AndyDavo »
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: May 07, 2011, 09:40:00 AM

Is Helm "Der Helm"? He hasn't replied to my PM and I don't know/can't find his email address. If he's reading this, please reply to my PM.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Strazos

Reply #57 on: May 07, 2011, 03:54:56 PM

1 - 0 win for the HHB over Norse.

Giving up massive TV, HHB gets ~500k in inducements, buying Morg and some bloodweiser. The lizards win the flip and elect to recieve, and Morg immediately pays off, KOing a 5 STR Wolfrunner (which would last the entire game). Shortly thereafter my star lineman (stand firm, guard) is also knocked KOed for the game. There was a lot of pushing and tripping in the middle, and eventually my star runner makes a break for the ball carrying skink, bringing him down. Norse manage to pick the ball up and keep ahold of it for a good while. Late in the half they make a break for it, but are somehow caught by the lizards and brought down. A last-second desperation pass play fails, and the first half ends in a 0-0 tie.

Second half the Norse receive, and appear to be making good progress when they run into a wall of scaled ones. With multiple norsemen taking a nap on the sidelines, a runner and beserker are quickly surrounded. Desperate to at least get the ball further from their own endzone, the norse runner throws up a brick...which is intercepted by a soaring skink. The skink makes a break for it, but is run down and blasted from the field by a beserker, who is then beset upon, and the skinks walk one in late. The norse set up for a late 2-turn TD attempt, and get a decent kick...which is eventually for naught, and the norse thrower (who has never actually been asked to throw the ball) promptly flubs the pass, taking away any chance of a last-turn TD.

HHB eventually started to suffer some injuries, but it was too little too late for the norse.

Fear the Backstab!
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: May 07, 2011, 05:50:15 PM

nuffle didn't so much smile on me this round as she spat on poor strazos, whose passing was just about as terrible as possible, including an interception opportunity that a skink somehow managed and at least two fumbled handoffs, including one with a pass reroll.

morg, just like every other game in which i've been able to afford him, really earned his pay here -- taking out strazos' str 5 ulfwerner straight out of the gate and planting his massive bulk in a variety of inopportune spots.  between him and my trusty krox Drogg, i kept the norse to one die blocks and kept runners pretty trapped behind lines.  had strazos a few less KO recovery issues, i probably would've been in trouble, but taking out the fend/guard and the mega-ulfwernner early meant he couldn't muster the muscle necessary to stop the saurus party.

a couple badly hurts, but nothing huhnqua hasn't dealt with before -- now we just need to continue the streak of no-whammies Get off my lawn!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: May 08, 2011, 01:48:39 AM

Looking forward to losing to people I know instead of random Internet strangers.

You.  Me.  Day 7.  Fucking Be There.   why so serious?

I'm impressed with the level of smack-talk from the rest of you, but the hussle needs work :  Get those fucking games played and let's GET ON with this.   awesome, for real

Also, BBManager seems to suck quite badly. 

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: May 08, 2011, 09:05:21 AM

I'm impressed with the level of smack-talk from the rest of you, but the hussle needs work :  Get those fucking games played and let's GET ON with this.   awesome, for real
If Falc can tear himself away from Rift long enough to validate the games already played...
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: May 08, 2011, 10:09:25 AM

I believe Teleku is out of town until 5/11, and I will be out of town 5/10 to 5/12, so hopefully we'll be able to meet up next Friday or Saturday.  Nothing like a slow start to the season, am I right?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #62 on: May 08, 2011, 10:12:48 AM

I wanted to play right now, but Calvin the Menace left town until the 10th and lives 12 hours away from me.  Ohhhhh, I see.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: May 08, 2011, 11:30:13 AM

Silver Horde will face Reborne's Wrestlers at 2200 Gmt tomorrow.

Running down Reborne's roster, they don't look like the same side the Horde faced last season...

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: May 08, 2011, 11:37:13 AM

Take out some Ogres for me.   Heart
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #65 on: May 08, 2011, 12:13:12 PM

Leave some snotlings for me.   Heart

Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #66 on: May 08, 2011, 04:54:31 PM

Running down Reborne's roster, they don't look like the same side the Horde faced last season...
I've been recruiting!
Still, time will tell if anyone has practiced actually picking up the ball over the break...

Leave some snotlings for me.   Heart
There are always more snotlings!  awesome, for real
Should I ever win a match I'm fairly sure my opponent will still get more SPP because of that fact  swamp poop

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: May 09, 2011, 03:07:52 AM

Due to some awesome timing by my ISP, I am out of an internet connection since last thursday. They are "looking into it". I hope to get this fixed today or tomorow, public university terminals suck (and don't have BB installed)

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: May 09, 2011, 07:09:55 AM

You.  Me.  Day 7.  Fucking Be There.   why so serious?
Get ready for your lifetime subscription to PAIN.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: May 09, 2011, 07:21:17 AM

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #1  
Jump to: