Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:48:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2137260 times)
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #10360 on: September 13, 2011, 07:24:01 PM

I just wanted to jump on and tell you guys that I'm glad this thread is doin ok.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #10361 on: September 13, 2011, 07:38:29 PM

Y'know what I'd like to see?  Before gays have their 'gameday' so to speak...  how 'bout we patch in some inter-racial romance?   Ohhhhh, I see.
It's like Lucas/Bioware would rather run some CG-human-on-bothan action before depicting two humans of differing color.  Seriously.

If we're gonna mess with this, at least go all the damned way.

And boobies.  I want boobies.  

Hell Miranda and Jack can both easily be interracial too, all you have to do is, you know, not make yourself white.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 07:50:38 PM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #10362 on: September 13, 2011, 07:48:28 PM

It's like Lucas/Bioware would rather run some CG-human-on-bothan action before depicting two humans of differing color.  Seriously.

It's cuz that covers their ass with the furry crowd.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #10363 on: September 13, 2011, 07:49:09 PM

All of this reminds me of a joke...

What do you call a black man flying an airplane...

Damn, that sure beat my answer of "airplane thief."

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #10364 on: September 13, 2011, 07:58:31 PM

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #10365 on: September 13, 2011, 07:59:24 PM

Hell Miranda and Jack can both easily be interracial too, all you have to do is, you know, not make yourself white.

Were there any black chicks in that game unless you made one though?

I couldn't recall off the top of my head.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #10366 on: September 13, 2011, 08:43:55 PM

I can think of Indian, East Asian, and Middle Eastern women in the game, no black ones immediately leap to mind though.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #10367 on: September 13, 2011, 09:01:30 PM

Do you think Bioware will put the ability to have your companions get pregnant?  And if you decide that it isn't a wise choice, will Bioware let you have an abortion?

We'll get to page 300 in a few hours.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #10368 on: September 13, 2011, 09:20:13 PM

Do you think Bioware will put the ability to have your companions get pregnant?  And if you decide that it isn't a wise choice, will Bioware let you have an abortion?

Well only if they make it so that the same sex partners can pay another character to be their surrogate so they can have kids.

Also, this could be the legacy system right here!   awesome, for real
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #10369 on: September 13, 2011, 09:27:58 PM

I've deleted threads for rampant trolling.  

Just sayin'.  why so serious?

edit: Of course, I wouldn't break your hearts like that.  Now another mod is going to do it and make me look like a dick.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 09:29:32 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #10370 on: September 13, 2011, 09:30:42 PM

Also, pregnant companion wouldn't be all that new in a Bioware game:

climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #10371 on: September 13, 2011, 10:19:17 PM

Trolling or no, Draegan has a pretty legit point: You really can't include everyone in everything.

I mean, come on. We get it. Everyone from every lifestyle deserves to be who they want to be, but it's really not feasible for a game company to cater to every person who might buy their games.

What's comes next? People are going to start complaining there's no female Space Marines awesome, for real
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #10372 on: September 13, 2011, 10:33:59 PM

That would hold a bit of weight if not for the little problem that Bioware's included homosexual romances in more or less all of its games since Jade Empire in 2005, so they've kind of built up this expectation in folks that their gender preferences would be taken care of by default.

Whether that's a sensible position to take is another story, but there you go.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #10373 on: September 13, 2011, 10:44:53 PM

Trolling or no, Draegan has a pretty legit point: You really can't include everyone in everything.

So why even try, even when it is pretty trivial to do so?  Ohhhhh, I see.

sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #10374 on: September 13, 2011, 10:49:41 PM

That would hold a bit of weight if not for the little problem that Bioware's included homosexual romances in more or less all of its games since Jade Empire in 2005, so they've kind of built up this expectation in folks that their gender preferences would be taken care of by default
It's their sexual preference, actually, not their gender preference, but you bring up an excellent point. What about the transgendered? Why won't they let me crossdress and speak in an affected falsetto? Sith ladyboys demand representation!

(Noto bene: Do not google image search any common variant of "sith ladyboy" in hopes of finding a clever representation of this idea in picture form. You have been warned.)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 10:52:44 PM by sam, an eggplant »
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #10375 on: September 13, 2011, 10:54:46 PM

I mean, come on. We get it. Everyone from every lifestyle deserves to be who they want to be, but it's really not feasible for a game company to cater to every person who might buy their games.

What's comes next? People are going to start complaining there's no female Space Marines awesome, for real

I'm just going to assume that Draegan wasn't actually making a point that people wanting more homosexual characters in games is a slippery slope towards people who have had abotions demanding their representation in games.
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #10376 on: September 13, 2011, 10:56:20 PM

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #10377 on: September 13, 2011, 11:01:56 PM

The last several pages of this thread have been lame retarded gay dumb mute cobbled highly entertaining.  We are teetering on the cusp of 300, and we are getting there in style!

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #10378 on: September 14, 2011, 01:16:20 AM

Were there any black chicks in that game unless you made one though?

I couldn't recall off the top of my head.

I can't think of any either, alas. Made me glad I made Sally black, really. She slept with Carth Kaidan AND Jacob. She clearly has a thing for bland dudes. WHICH BLAND MAN WILL WIN HER HEART IN ME3?! Maybe Broseidan will be boring, she can make out with him next.

Isabela ain't white either, AND she swings both ways. She's a two-fer! But do not get me started on the creepy "make Isabela fair skinned, blonde and blue eyed" mods.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 01:17:59 AM by Sjofn »

God Save the Horn Players
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #10379 on: September 14, 2011, 03:32:25 AM

Ok that I don't get.  Men will have sex with a woman of any color.  Any.  See our paragon, Captain James Kirk.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #10380 on: September 14, 2011, 03:53:17 AM

Ok that I don't get.  Men will have sex with a woman of any color.  Any.  See our paragon, Captain James Kirk.

Green is soooooo hot!

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #10381 on: September 14, 2011, 03:55:40 AM

Green is soooooo hot!

Well, that and Orion chicks are notoriously easy.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #10382 on: September 14, 2011, 04:22:21 AM

But do not get me started on the creepy "make Isabela fair skinned, blonde and blue eyed" mods.

Wait.. what? I don't even get why. All I can think of as the motivation behind that is the pure-racist crowd.  That just makes me sad.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #10383 on: September 14, 2011, 05:17:50 AM

Green is soooooo hot!

Well, that and Orion chicks are notoriously easy.

The things I would do with a blue Twi'lek with tentacles...all Im saying
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #10384 on: September 14, 2011, 05:23:50 AM

Twi'leks make Orion gals look stuffy.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #10385 on: September 14, 2011, 06:00:04 AM

I'm just going to assume that Draegan wasn't actually making a point that people wanting more homosexual characters in games is a slippery slope towards people who have had abotions demanding their representation in games.

I didn't mean to imply anything about a slippery slope. I meant to imply that game developers should just develop games for whatever their target audience is. Just like everyone else develops everything else.

And I feel like it's pertinent to point out that they decide who their target audience is.

All that being said, I also really have no dog in this. I could care less if in this game there is a Jawa/Astromech droid couple who aborts their unborn child who is being carried by a Twi'lek.
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #10386 on: September 14, 2011, 06:01:33 AM

I could care less if in this game there is a Jawa/Astromech droid couple who aborts their unborn child who is being carried by a Twi'lek.

would that be a dark side or light side choice?
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #10387 on: September 14, 2011, 06:05:03 AM

Twi'leks make Orion gals look stuffy.
And Deltans make everyone else look prudish.

Uh oh.  We're crossing the streams. Why did someone have to mention Kirk? We must click our heels three times and repeat:

There's no one like Vader.
There's no one like Spock.
Doh!

Too late.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #10388 on: September 14, 2011, 06:06:10 AM

Also, pregnant companion wouldn't be all that new in a Bioware game:

Huh, I don't remember that. Now I have to go look up storylines from ten plus year old games...

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #10389 on: September 14, 2011, 06:25:24 AM

I can't think of any either, alas. Made me glad I made Sally black, really. She slept with Carth Kaidan AND Jacob. She clearly has a thing for bland dudes. WHICH BLAND MAN WILL WIN HER HEART IN ME3?! Maybe Broseidan will be boring, she can make out with him next.

Isabela ain't white either, AND she swings both ways. She's a two-fer! But do not get me started on the creepy "make Isabela fair skinned, blonde and blue eyed" mods.

It's those damn German modders!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #10390 on: September 14, 2011, 06:26:45 AM

After the last couple pages I'm a little hesitant to enter this discussion, but what the hell.

I was annoyed when I first heard that they were leaving same-sex romance out of ToR. The excuse given at the time was stupid (something like, there are no sexual labels in the SW universe) and went against what they'd already established (albeit just barely) in KotoR. I honestly figured it was just a case of being overly conservative with a huge title and that nothing was to be done about it. Wasn't exactly going to stop me from buying the game, but it still pissed me off.

I consider myself a social liberal, and I do get annoyed any time a company feels the need to pull back on content because it might offend their more conservative customer base. I enjoy a variety of things in my entertainment that would make some God fearing, conservative types run for their bibles. It pisses me off that they seem to have the biggest voice out there right now when it comes to complaining, and if it weren't for people standing up for silly inconsequential things like the completely optional buttsecs same-sex flirting in a video game, we'd eventually find ourselves back to having nothing but Little House on the Prarie on TV all day. Or something like that.

Yes, I do make female characters in games sometimes, and if I have the option I'm more likely to run a same-sex romance with those characters. And blue Twi'leks are hotter than green Orionians, err Orionites? Whatever.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #10391 on: September 14, 2011, 06:48:23 AM

I'm still trying to figure out when this game turned into The Bachelor/Bachelorette Online   swamp poop

Would it help if we privatized the MMO Discussion forum to Member-only and lift the  NDA ban so we can talk about the game as a game again?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #10392 on: September 14, 2011, 06:57:01 AM

I'm still trying to figure out when this game turned into The Bachelor/Bachelorette Online   swamp poop

Would it help if we privatized the MMO Discussion forum to Member-only and lift the  NDA ban so we can talk about the game as a game again?

Because given the opportunity, the human race will devote 99% of their time to fucking. Be it imaginary or otherwise. You have read the Bioware forums, right?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #10393 on: September 14, 2011, 06:59:30 AM

Because given the opportunity, the human race will devote 99% of their time to fucking. Be it imaginary or otherwise. You have read the Bioware forums, right?

I have.  'Tis a silly place. 

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #10394 on: September 14, 2011, 07:00:11 AM

I just want to know if a certain protocol droid can finally get it on with a certain astromech.
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: