Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:11:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2252149 times)
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #4725 on: June 24, 2011, 03:52:56 PM

Yeah, I got sucked into some Rift, too. $10 is apparently my whorepoint.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Heh.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #4726 on: June 24, 2011, 04:20:21 PM

Just started Fallout 3, because I neve played it and it was $15 with all DLC.  Verrryyy slow to start, that's for sure.
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #4727 on: June 25, 2011, 12:24:53 AM

Trying to give RDR a chance. Found a few treasures, cleared a few bandit hideouts. Put it on easy so it auto aims, helpful since the 'reticule' is a tiny fucking white dot I can't see half the time. Put it aside after many, many tries to capture and break a wild horse. Their instructions suck so bad. Want to shoot all horses in the face. I'm stubborn enough to give it one more play session, then I'm on to something else.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #4728 on: June 25, 2011, 05:22:46 AM

Just started Fallout 3, because I neve played it and it was $15 with all DLC.  Verrryyy slow to start, that's for sure.

It's not a super fast paced game.  Lots of exploration is involved. 
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #4729 on: June 25, 2011, 06:02:21 AM

Yeah, definitely a slow paced game, but thats actually a selling point to me. 
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #4730 on: June 25, 2011, 07:00:28 AM

I finished two games yesterday, Bulletstorm and Witcher.

Witcher 2 is downloading as I type this.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #4731 on: June 25, 2011, 07:22:00 AM

Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 has already been worth the 10 bucks and I've had it all of three days, glad I picked that up.  We should consider organizing some kind of f13 tournament or something if enough people buy it.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4732 on: June 25, 2011, 08:31:40 AM

Trying to give RDR a chance. Found a few treasures, cleared a few bandit hideouts. Put it on easy so it auto aims, helpful since the 'reticule' is a tiny fucking white dot I can't see half the time. Put it aside after many, many tries to capture and break a wild horse. Their instructions suck so bad. Want to shoot all horses in the face. I'm stubborn enough to give it one more play session, then I'm on to something else.
Don't fuck with the horse breaking bullshit, just buy a good one and you can resummon it at will. Seriously, skip it and enjoy the rest of the excellent story.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #4733 on: June 25, 2011, 09:58:51 AM

Yeah I know.  I've just played so many fast paced games lately that it was kind of jarring. I need to just power through this first part and i'll get used to it.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #4734 on: June 25, 2011, 11:09:34 AM

I'm finding myself addicted to Beat Hazard Ultra. 

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #4735 on: June 25, 2011, 02:19:21 PM

Child of Eden. big tv and just enough light to help out the kinect.  In total love.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #4736 on: June 26, 2011, 08:17:55 AM

Doom and X-Com from Steam. (Download the latest dosbox)

I hate reloading missions in X-Com. It's not optimum strat, but if anyone survives a mission, I take the win. Makes my games a real meatgrinder.

And Doom's level design is just so good. It makes modern games look retarted.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4737 on: June 26, 2011, 08:20:03 AM

Record of Agarest War: Zero. I wish there were more of the dating sim elements (which is the same complaint I had with the first one), but otherwise it's a solid SRPG. This one also doesn't have a difficulty setting which should help me stick with it; I had set the first one on Hard for a challenge, then dropped the game when the difficulty forced me to grind excessively.

AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #4738 on: June 26, 2011, 06:35:03 PM

Trenched continues to entertain solo, despite the "oh this game is only fun multi" comments I've heard many times. My son is also really into it, so that's a bonus.

Still working on my Infamous 2 second playthrough as evil, going slower, playing every 2-3 days or so.

Witcher 2 second playthrough progress has also slown down due to ... ugh I hate to admit, but resubbed back to WoW after Rift totally lost my interest.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #4739 on: June 26, 2011, 07:49:04 PM

Still working on my Infamous 2 second playthrough as evil, going slower, playing every 2-3 days or so.

How is Infamous 2.  I loved the first one, but haven't gotten around to getting to 2 yet.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #4740 on: June 26, 2011, 08:34:58 PM

I just found out D&D: Daggerdale was released a couple days ago.  swamp poop  Anyone try it yet? I searched the forums, but only found two posts about it, referring to it as kinda meh. But those posts were like a month ago, so I'm confused.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4741 on: June 26, 2011, 11:17:00 PM

I just found out D&D: Daggerdale was released a couple days ago.  swamp poop  Anyone try it yet? I searched the forums, but only found two posts about it, referring to it as kinda meh. But those posts were like a month ago, so I'm confused.

It has been out on Xbox Live for a while.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4742 on: June 26, 2011, 11:20:38 PM

Wikipedia says it came out in May.

Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #4743 on: June 26, 2011, 11:34:16 PM

Playing through Alice: Madness Returns. I picked it up based on some good word of mouth. Pretty great so far, it has a really detailed and colorful art-style, which is a nice change of pace from most games I've played recently. Other than that it feels like a PS2-gen platformer with decent combat and responsive controls. The only critique I have is that the levels are a bit long-winded, but that's negated pretty well by the amount of new art you are constantly running into.
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #4744 on: June 26, 2011, 11:43:47 PM

Played the Daggerdale demo on the 360. Didn't bother to finish.

Gave up on RDR. Realized I was playing out of stubbornness rather than enjoyment.

Started on Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom. Enjoying it so far. The AI partner is well-behaved. After Witcher 2 then RDD I'm delighted to be playing a game with decent controls again.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #4745 on: June 27, 2011, 01:04:28 AM

It has been out on Xbox Live for a while.

I was considering this, but reviews said it smelled rather bad...

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #4746 on: June 27, 2011, 02:40:52 AM

Play Fallout 3 for the second time. I bought an XBOX 360 in November and I find myself actually rebuying games for the XBOX because I enjoy gaming on it more than on my PS3. Bought via games on demand. No disc swapping, great controller. Next will be Fallout New vegas for the second time (Hopefully by this time with less bugs).
Xilren's Twin

Reply #4747 on: June 27, 2011, 04:25:46 AM

My son got this on Xbox back when it was first released in May.  It;s basically Dark Alliance done in the 4E engine, but overall, I was not impressed at all.  The combat pace in particular is too punishing; playing as a duo (fighter and mage) it was not uncommon to be fighting groups of 8-10 every fight.  Many of them were minions, but thrown in there were the other "class" archtypes od 4E (controllers, ranged guys, brutes, skulks, etc), but the targeting and screen display may it hard to figure out who was who and do any sort of target prioritization.  Plus, they really restricted healing potions (stores would only sell 5 at a time before having to restock) and lack of decent equipment made deaths rather common.  But you could cheese that too - if a character goes down, the other character just has to run by their body and hit the revive command to have them pop up with like 15% health.  I can't tel you how many fighters we had to use that as the plan since we were quickly out of potions deep in a tunnel.  Expanding on the crappy equipment, yes it has fully randomized loot, but as well all have seen, truly randomized loot generation leads to 99% crap.  What the hell kind of D&D fighter starts the game in cloth armor, no shoes, helmet or other gear, with a short sword and a buckler?  Add to that the glacial leveling pace which mean new abilities come very slowly, and odd design choices like characters warping to close proximity to each other when they become too seperated and the whole play experience was just not good.  My son and I made it to about level 3 and just havent wanted to play anymore, still stuck in those stupid dwarf mines fighting goblins and skeletons.  Try the demo, but overall dont bother.

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4748 on: June 27, 2011, 06:40:17 AM

I made it farther into Daggerdale.  The reason my team has not played anymore is because there are glitches which occasionally cause loss of skills and equipment.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #4749 on: June 27, 2011, 07:04:54 AM

Grabbed the new Claptrap DLC for Borderlands, only to discover that after reinstalling a while ago, I didn't move over my saves. So I'm playing through the whole damn thing again.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #4750 on: June 27, 2011, 08:48:04 PM

How is Infamous 2.  I loved the first one, but haven't gotten around to getting to 2 yet.

I just finished all there is to do in Infamous 1 good side (all blast shards, dead drops, upgrades, story).  I'm mixing my time between running a Hard Evil Infamous 1 and a Good Infamous 2.  I'm roughly 2 hours into I2.

It plays pretty much like the first one.  I don't like the new Cole in look or voice.  Not enough to kill the game or anything, but the change was not needed.  I also don't like the arbitrary 'beast is 1345 miles away' messages I get, because they only tell me how close to the end of the game I'm getting.  Or... how short the game is, to be exact. 

I bitch a lot about it, but it's a stellar game.  They just made some changes to the format that didn't need to happen.  Less is more, in the case of Infamous. 

I like that I retained a good portion of my abilities from I1, like static thrusters. 
WayAbvPar

Reply #4751 on: June 27, 2011, 09:06:22 PM

Finally picked up the Magic game on Steam over the weekend, and ground through the first half of the campaign or so. Played some MP with bhodi and Furiously tonight- that was pretty fun. Looking forward to finding a 4th and getting some 2headed giant games going.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #4752 on: June 27, 2011, 09:31:40 PM

I just hooked up my ancient PSX to my TV and have been playing FF VII.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #4753 on: June 28, 2011, 02:41:36 AM

make sure u dress Ms. Cloud right  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? and date Mr. T

Best. BRO-mance. Ever.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #4754 on: June 28, 2011, 05:13:22 AM

I don't know if you've been reading the LP on SA but, I am pretty fucking freaked out that I missed Cloud getting his sh*t pushed in in that game when I played it.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4755 on: June 28, 2011, 02:33:25 PM

Been playing Outland and MtG:2012 on PSN. My favorite title on GameCube was Ikaruga, so Outland is great since I'm more into fantasy stuff now. Sleek, fun and colorful, and only $10 (I've converted to using PSN cards purchased as CVS harhar).

I picked up the new MtG on sale with the PSN sub service. Sticky and my play sessions are hella long. Hard difficulty pisses me off sometimes, like in Tetris when you can never seem to get the long stick to drop. I'm wondering how much I'll play once the campaign is finished. Lack of customization probly means: not much.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4756 on: June 28, 2011, 03:06:37 PM

Still working on Agarest 0; also WoW now that 4.2 is live. I'm glad they added some solo stuff to do when we're not raiding this time, and I really hope we don't get another mid-tier patch of reskinned heroics before the next real patch.

Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #4757 on: June 28, 2011, 03:33:23 PM

AC Brotherhood.  Pretty slick, but the meta-game seems to be gradually taking over the game...

I find it amusing that this year I've played ME1/2 and AC2/BH - and both of them had to go and change a perfectly-good control scheme mid-story.   swamp poop

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #4758 on: June 28, 2011, 03:42:45 PM

I'm playing Witcher 2 and one minute I'm loving it and then I'm screaming obscenities at the monitor. God, how is it possible to make such an incredible RPG world, yet have the combat be so pants on head retarded?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4759 on: June 28, 2011, 03:46:43 PM

Press Space to receive an answer!

Sorry, too slow.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: