Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:23:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2252242 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #7210 on: April 30, 2013, 06:44:20 AM

Just to make the comparison between NWO and other D&D based games more jarring, i just finished replaying Icewind Dale 1 and am starting IWD2.  I remembered IWD1 fairly well overall, but thus far don't remember anything that's happened in 2, so it's almost like playing a new game!  awesome, for real   Doesn't take long to get back into the ole min maxing of D&D that's for sure.  Most bizarre weapon I picked up in 1 was a +3 bastard sword that has a 10% chance of casting Fireball....at the target you are meleeing.  Hello friendly fire.  Bastard sword indeed....

Mate, don't bother.

IWD2 was pretty much a reskin of IWD1.  It's an utter waste of your time.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7211 on: April 30, 2013, 07:33:19 AM

MOO3 was designed by a MOO superfan with no experience in games of any kind. Like they found a guy who was super into MOO and just let him direct MOO3.

Which doesn't explain why he destroyed space combat like that.  Maybe the turn-based tac. sim wasn't his favorite part and he always did "auto-resolve combat"?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7212 on: April 30, 2013, 08:20:15 AM

MOO3 was designed by a MOO superfan with no experience in games of any kind. Like they found a guy who was super into MOO and just let him direct MOO3.

This sounds sure-fire.  Although it depresses me when I think about trying to make a game myself.

Still no luck in getting Warframe off the ground.  I moved my entire Steam tree to a new 2TB disk specifically for Steam. home movies, and ISOs and it's still spending 20+ minutes consuming an entire core without launching.

Updating my various Steam games is making me want to play them.  Might attack Dawn of War again.  Or Arx Fatalis, never did finish that.

Otherwise, it's LEGO City.  I keep finding new things to collect.  It's insidious if you have some OCD.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #7213 on: April 30, 2013, 12:46:28 PM

Alpha Centauri, ah me. What a great game that was. I think the best factions and tech trees really of any game of that kind.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #7214 on: April 30, 2013, 01:03:40 PM

It certainly had the best nukes.  (Whatever they were called.) 
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #7215 on: April 30, 2013, 01:05:42 PM

Planet Busters?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #7216 on: April 30, 2013, 01:08:22 PM

As I understand it, there were two problems. The first was that the lead designer was primarily a board monstergame designer, who also wrote computer game strategy guides. In fact, he coined the term "4X."

The second was that he left the team under mysterious, probably political reasons 3/4 of the way through. The remainder of the team then tried to simplify the original design, but did it... poorly. As in, some systems were removed ("Imperial Focus Points"), but other systems that interacted with them ("the AI takes over everything you don't spend IFP on") were not.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #7217 on: April 30, 2013, 04:44:58 PM

It certainly had the best nukes.  (Whatever they were called.) 

Planet busters, IIRC. I liked nerve staples the best, though.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #7218 on: April 30, 2013, 09:25:07 PM

Alpha Centauri, ah me. What a great game that was. I think the best factions and tech trees really of any game of that kind.
"Please don't go. The Drones need you. They look up to you."  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I still remember alot of the datalink etc. voiceovers from that game (and it's still my favorite Sid Meier game to date)
schild
Administrator

Reply #7219 on: April 30, 2013, 09:38:46 PM

I, uh, Mars: War Logs.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #7220 on: April 30, 2013, 11:11:51 PM

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7221 on: May 01, 2013, 01:21:13 AM

"Please don't go. The Drones need you. They look up to you."  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I still remember alot of the datalink etc. voiceovers from that game (and it's still my favorite Sid Meier game to date)

Still my favorite Civ probably. I think I used to use Chairman Yang as my avatar here? Somewhere, anyway.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7222 on: May 01, 2013, 05:28:34 AM

Both it and the expansion were great.  Alpha Centauri is another one I'd like just a graphical update but nothing else done to.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7223 on: May 01, 2013, 06:01:06 AM

Is this a console or PC game?  Yes, I know it's available on PC.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7224 on: May 01, 2013, 01:23:37 PM

Dunno about console. Playing it on PC.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #7225 on: May 01, 2013, 01:28:17 PM

The lady in the video for that game sounds like a French Stephen Hawking.  Looks janky.  How janky is it?

-Rasix
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #7226 on: May 01, 2013, 01:40:19 PM

The lady in the video for that game sounds like a French Stephen Hawking.  Looks janky.  How janky is it?

It's hella janky but it's got heart. I'm about 5 hours in and enjoying myself, but it definitely requires a charitable mood and a willingness to fill in the gaps of the story in your mind.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7227 on: May 01, 2013, 01:47:19 PM

How about something from someone that doesn't enjoy SimCity so much?  Because Ohhhhh, I see.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #7228 on: May 01, 2013, 01:56:31 PM

Such cruel words!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7229 on: May 01, 2013, 02:31:20 PM

Going to wait to hear what Rasix thinks before I buy.  why so serious?

Rasix

Reply #7230 on: May 01, 2013, 02:47:48 PM

I'm waiting for a Steam sale on this one I think.   I've still got games in my queue.

I should be done with Walking Dead soon.  The episodes are in pretty digestible chunks.  That being said..

-Rasix
schild
Administrator

Reply #7231 on: May 01, 2013, 02:56:13 PM

So. Mars: War Logs.

The story opens following this kid. You're not playing this kid, but you save him from buttrape. Need I say more?
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #7232 on: May 01, 2013, 04:24:44 PM

Still just shooting things in Defiance.  Apparently AMD is giving me a copy of FarCry 3 Blood Dragon, despite the fact that I bought my 7950 a while ago, so looking forward to that - it looks hilariously awesome.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7233 on: May 01, 2013, 08:42:36 PM

Warframe solo is a nice difficulty.  It's fun and interesting.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #7234 on: May 01, 2013, 09:09:33 PM

The story opens following this kid. You're not playing this kid, but you save him from buttrape. Need I say more?

Scarlet Blade has better Story.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7235 on: May 02, 2013, 01:54:36 PM

Picked up Soul Sacrifice for the Vita; it's a action game in the vein of Monster Hunter where you play as a sorcerer, using spells and conjured weapons to kill big ass monsters. The twist is that every time you defeat a monster you can choose to either spare it or kill it; letting it live increases your max health (or maybe defense) while killing it increases your attack. You also obtain either good or evil life essences depending on your choice, and those unlock passive bonuses you can apply to your character. I guess you're supposed to pick either good or evil, but I've been replaying all of the boss fights to get both souls for maximum ability unlocks. I'm not very far but it's pretty cool so far; I'm going to try the coop out with a couple friends tonight.

Still playing a lot of POE as well. My LA duelist is 58 now; made it to Merciless and farmed Ledge a bit because I was underleveled and starting to feel that. He's back to being an unstoppable slaughtering machine, so I think I'll push on this weekend and finish Merc and figure out what the map system is all about.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #7236 on: May 02, 2013, 02:06:59 PM

Picked up Soul Sacrifice for the Vita; it's a action game in the vein of Monster Hunter where you play as a sorcerer, using spells and conjured weapons to kill big ass monsters. The twist is that every time you defeat a monster you can choose to either spare it or kill it; letting it live increases your max health (or maybe defense) while killing it increases your attack. You also obtain either good or evil life essences depending on your choice, and those unlock passive bonuses you can apply to your character. I guess you're supposed to pick either good or evil, but I've been replaying all of the boss fights to get both souls for maximum ability unlocks. I'm not very far but it's pretty cool so far; I'm going to try the coop out with a couple friends tonight.
You can be Neutral as well. If you look at your sigils you can see that some only give a bonus if you have a "Neutral Arm".
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #7237 on: May 02, 2013, 05:02:15 PM

Scarlet Blade has better Story.

By "story" you mean buttrape, right?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #7238 on: May 02, 2013, 05:03:40 PM

no - there's no rape. you're all mistaken ! just watch the radicalthon vids!

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #7239 on: May 02, 2013, 05:35:01 PM

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #7240 on: May 02, 2013, 08:23:29 PM

Is this a console or PC game?  Yes, I know it's available on PC.

Kind of looks like one of those games designed for a controller with maybe a vague nod towards kb+mouse.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7241 on: May 03, 2013, 01:09:05 AM

You can be Neutral as well. If you look at your sigils you can see that some only give a bonus if you have a "Neutral Arm".

Yea that's how I'm playing now, simply because I'm doing each boss twice to Save and Sacrifice since there are good and evil souls you need for some of the sigils. I just unlocked the ability to pay to lower either level, but haven't really messed with it yet (stopped playing right after I unlocked it).

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7242 on: May 03, 2013, 09:42:56 AM

Is this a console or PC game?  Yes, I know it's available on PC.

Kind of looks like one of those games designed for a controller with maybe a vague nod towards kb+mouse.

I'll get it on a console, then.  Thanks.

EDIT: Warframe, solo.  I beat the first boss and got his loot, only to die in a terrible hallway miscalculation during the exit.  Trying to level the sword is getting me in trouble.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #7243 on: May 03, 2013, 01:53:01 PM

When I'm at my girlfriend's, like now, I bring with me my netbook, so I have to stick to oldies. Lately, among other titles, I've been playing the adventure game Sanitarium (available at GOG): dunno how I could miss this jewel when it was originally released (1998).  It's one of the most atmospheric and original adventure games I ever played (I would rank it up there with Fahrenheit and Gabriel Knight). I think I'm almost halfway through: maybe the ending will suck, but so far it has been a great ride.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/sanitarium

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Rasix

Reply #7244 on: May 03, 2013, 07:07:26 PM

Walking Dead made me cry. 

Also playing LoL ARAMs (new queue is awesome) and SWTOR.   After I finish Walking Dead I think I'll with another gerund + noun game.

-Rasix
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: