Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 08:20:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: How to own yourself in 6 quick steps 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to own yourself in 6 quick steps  (Read 2533 times)
Wolf
Terracotta Army

on: May 07, 2006, 04:11:13 PM

Setting: Empire War
Situation: An enemy is going down near a station
What do you do?

1)While clicking on the enemy pod a neutral warps in, you target him instead of the pod
2)Target the pod and hit your scramble right at the moment it's going *pop* (the pod disappears and your target automatically changes to the next, which happens to be the Neutral. Who happens to have just gotten in range of your scramble)
3)Die to the guns
4)Say fuck it and buy a new Taranis (for the whooping prize of 16mil, while you get them in corp for 8 ), don't forget to buy your most expensive module in the same station (1MN MWD II)
5)Go to said station, board your Taranis and fit your MWD
6)Undock before your aggression/criminal timer is over

Congratulations, you just lost two Interceptors in under 10 minutes.

I found it funny tbh and learned two quick lessons if a bit expensive for my tiny wallet. Not as funny as tackling and killing an empty shuttle while shouting "CONTACT, CONTACT WARP TO ME [...30 secconds...] WHERE THE HELL IS HIS POD? DID YOU GET THE POD? WHO GOT THE POD?" on TS. Yeah I'm officially the corp's token noob.

ps: this weekend was the most fun I've had in a MMO since Ultima. This game fucking rocks.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 04:24:51 PM

Funny stuff. I think that tidbit about the aggression timer will save my life some day.

A good idea is a good idea forever.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 05:41:25 PM

Not as funny as tackling and killing an empty shuttle while shouting "CONTACT, CONTACT WARP TO ME [...30 secconds...] WHERE THE HELL IS HIS POD? DID YOU GET THE POD? WHO GOT THE POD?" on TS. Yeah I'm officially the corp's token noob.

ps: this weekend was the most fun I've had in a MMO since Ultima. This game fucking rocks.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, did you actually do that?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 11:41:44 PM

I sure did. To be honest I'm sttill not entierly sure how you can tell if it's empty or not. It was blinking red and everything :)

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 04:24:41 AM

noob question: how do you have an empty shuttle?

Also: does combat actually sound like that on TS? How many people use it?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 04:39:25 AM

noob question: how do you have an empty shuttle?
You can eject from your ship and fly around in your pod if you want.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 04:40:44 AM

Which is why you see about 20 empty newb ships in the 1.0 zones on any given weekend.  Can't reprocess them, can't sell them, so leave 'em in space for CCP to clean up.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 05:05:23 AM

Also: does combat actually sound like that on TS? How many people use it?

Yeah that was a pretty close quote. What you don't see there is people laughing at me :) It's like any TS on any game. Our corp is pretty laid back, people are yapping on about ingame stuff, rl stuff... the only thing is everyone goes in stfu mode when we're in battle or when a scout yells contact. The only people talking in combat are scouts and the decision maker (fleet/gang commander). I think most pvp corps have TS capability as mandatory.

TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 05:47:39 AM

That's why you set your personal standing towards all common NPC newbie corps to +10 and configure your overview to hide players with good standings.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 06:46:50 AM

We're contracted to fight in Lonetrek and the forge. Trying to set everyone in Jita to positive standing is an exercise in futility.

The moral is more along the lines of: "Be extra careful and remember that it's always better to let a target get away than losing 50 mil in 10 minutes"
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 06:48:29 AM by Wolf »

WayAbvPar

Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 10:44:12 AM

Hehe- tough lesson, but amusing nonetheless.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 11:46:00 AM

We're contracted to fight in Lonetrek and the forge. Trying to set everyone in Jita to positive standing is an exercise in futility.
Yes, but tagging the major noob corps, which are a few, will reduce overview clutter a lot.

Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 02:09:19 PM

So none of you guys repeat-own yourself, be aware that the criminal timer shit is bugged. Even when it disappears, you might still be whacked.

I'd give it 20 to 30 minutes instead of 15.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 04:09:34 PM

Try running an Occator into a cynofield that happens to be at a hostile POS because you cant be assed to unload first.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: How to own yourself in 6 quick steps  
Jump to: