Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:17:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Funny picture thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 459 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Funny picture thread  (Read 3875578 times)
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #4165 on: June 16, 2010, 10:14:25 AM

If you're going to do a pun that bad, I demand it in CSI format.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #4166 on: June 16, 2010, 02:09:45 PM

That picture is... I don't even

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #4167 on: June 16, 2010, 03:56:57 PM

That picture is... I don't even

Says the guy with the avatar of a bee burrowing into someones brain by way of their eyeball.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #4168 on: June 16, 2010, 04:04:35 PM

Not burrowing, just stinging.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #4169 on: June 16, 2010, 05:00:06 PM

Lies!  It's trying to lay it's quivering little pupae in that poor bastards brain, and you know it!

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4170 on: June 16, 2010, 10:01:59 PM

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #4171 on: June 16, 2010, 10:34:38 PM

Yes, I guess I can officially say soccer is finally taking hold of main stream America when I'm seeing so many World Cup related meme's going around the internet.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #4172 on: June 17, 2010, 05:30:21 AM

Nah...soon as the World Cup is over, we'll all go back into our soccer hibernation, happily believing David Beckham is the world's greatest footballer.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
schild
Administrator

Reply #4173 on: June 17, 2010, 06:01:52 AM

Yes, I guess I can officially say soccer is finally taking hold of main stream America when I'm seeing so many World Cup related meme's going around the internet.
Haha no.
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4174 on: June 17, 2010, 10:16:00 AM

A lot of Americans don't even have the attention span for baseball, let alone soccer.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4175 on: June 17, 2010, 10:50:26 AM

A lot of Americans don't even have the attention span for baseball, let alone soccer.

Soccer is much easier to watch.  The majority of pitchers have made MLB almost unwatchable. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #4176 on: June 17, 2010, 10:51:21 AM

Wait, doesn't baseball start in August? Fuck, the only thing that makes playing golf enjoyable anymore is the ability to drink and drive golf carts.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #4177 on: June 17, 2010, 11:00:18 AM

Soccer is much easier to watch.  The majority of pitchers have made MLB almost unwatchable. 
Err, how so?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #4178 on: June 17, 2010, 11:00:38 AM

Lies!  It's trying to lay it's quivering little pupae in that poor bastards brain, and you know it!

Pupae aren't laid, eggs are. And pupae rarely quiver. Larvae do. Pupa is the third instar of an insect's life - like the teen years. Oh, how I wish human teens pupated silently somewhere dark.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4179 on: June 17, 2010, 11:52:13 AM

Err, how so?

Get in the stretch.  Step off the pound.  Get in the stretch.  Throw to first.  Get in the stretch.  Step off the mound.  Repeat until 5 mins pass. 

Even when they don't have anyone on base, pitchers spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to play the mental game with hitters.  Just look at the average duration of a 9 inning game over the past 40 years.  It has steadily gotten longer.  I blame slow pitchers.   

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Arinon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4180 on: June 17, 2010, 12:00:54 PM

Get in the stretch.  Step off the pound.  Get in the stretch.  Throw to first.  Get in the stretch.  Step off the mound.  Repeat until 5 mins pass. 

Even when they don't have anyone on base, pitchers spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to play the mental game with hitters.  Just look at the average duration of a 9 inning game over the past 40 years.  It has steadily gotten longer.  I blame slow pitchers.   

This is the number one reason I cannot watch baseball.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #4181 on: June 17, 2010, 12:05:48 PM

Hmm, never really bothered me that much.  Doesn't seem to be taking any longer than it was when I was a kid, but I agree it would be nice if picked up the pace a bit.

I recall there being talk about implementing a sort of shot clock for pitchers awhile ago, not sure whats going on with that proposal (I know there was a big backlash by purist).

-Stephen Colbert
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4182 on: June 17, 2010, 12:08:23 PM

Last I knew, they were testing the pitch clock with a few college teams and it would only be used when noone was on base.  It will never catch on.  Concessions make money.  Longer games = more concessions. 

-  Mark Twain
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #4183 on: June 17, 2010, 12:47:44 PM

Well, actually, TV = even more money, and the MLB is being pressured by the networks to speed up the games a bit so they can fit in more broadcasting.  I think thats been the main source of pressure.  I'd be surprised if they actually made much more money from overly long games.  The longer a game drags on, the more likely it is that people will just leave than buy another $10 beer and stay.

But yeah, your right, some colleges are experimentation with it:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/01/sports/baseball/01clock.html?adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1276801339-4QnRjBlPnTtxRSsKECBbEw

-Stephen Colbert
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4184 on: June 17, 2010, 12:54:01 PM

Baseball is just a beer and brats delivery devise.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #4185 on: June 17, 2010, 12:58:09 PM

I don't think baseball has to pay buy the hour, so I bet the networks get kinda pissed when they have to pre-empt too many other sources of revenue.  Or maybe I'm just talking out my shit-hole.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #4186 on: June 17, 2010, 01:03:28 PM

Baseball is just a beer and brats delivery devise.
Which is why it is truly the greatest of all sports.   awesome, for real

-Stephen Colbert
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4187 on: June 17, 2010, 01:03:59 PM

I didn't mean it as a criticism.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #4188 on: June 17, 2010, 01:26:09 PM

I don't think pitching is taking longer now than sometime previously.  It's been this way forever.  There are pitchers who are worse than others.  And the Red Sox/Yankees treat every game they play each other like the seventh game of the World Series.  But most games aren't that bad unless it's a close game or an extraordinary number of guys are getting on base.

AKA Gyoza
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #4189 on: June 17, 2010, 06:49:57 PM

Concessions won't make the money. Only the hardcore stay if it drags, I've left early 4/5 times I've been. The one time I didn't leave was because the Yankees crushed the Jays and they folded like a wet napkin.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #4190 on: June 18, 2010, 06:36:00 AM

Pupae aren't laid, eggs are. And pupae rarely quiver. Larvae do. Pupa is the third instar of an insect's life - like the teen years. Oh, how I wish human teens pupated silently somewhere dark.

nerd.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #4191 on: June 18, 2010, 06:58:49 AM

Baseball has become a pretty much unwatchable sport on TV.

I'm sitting here trying to think of how to analyse what makes it unwatchable, and I realized - it's just too damn slow in relation to the amount of action. A good at bat can be reasonably exiting, but when you intersperse a few good at bats with a bunch of generic five pitch groundouts - that take five minutes each to get done - it's just not compelling.

I tried watching a baseball game live once (triple A). It was the most miserable thing I have ever experienced. Without the TV coverage zoomed in on the at bats, you couldn't tell what was happening at the plate beyond did he hit it or not. Add in one guy who entertained himself (and everyone within 500 feet) with "hey batter batter" wharrrgarble endlessly... Yea, no amount of beer was going to make that experience any better.

And since this is the funny picture thread:

I have no idea why this made me laugh so much.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4192 on: June 18, 2010, 09:04:44 AM

This is probably old but... I haven't seen it, or I've forgotten it.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #4193 on: June 18, 2010, 10:32:36 AM

Baseball has become a pretty much unwatchable sport on TV.

[snip]

To really enjoy baseball on TV, you have to be willing to get into pitching.  There's a lot of other stuff too, swing-types vs. defense, situations, etc.  But unless you are willing to allow yourself to be excited by wondering along with the batter what the next pitch will be and then how well it's executed, you're going to think baseball is slow.

As far as going to games, you can watch reasonably well from the outfield bleachers, or spend big money on seats behind the plate.  But pretty much the best advice if you want to be more into it is bring a portable radio and listen to whatever AM station covers the game for the play by play.  I just get hammered at games with the rest of the retards, though.  The guy yelling 'hey batter' over and over isn't really annoying if he's you.  And remember, the answer when someone inevitably yells, "I have a kid here!" is, "Tell that mother fucker he's at a ball game!"

AKA Gyoza
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #4194 on: June 18, 2010, 11:21:25 AM

Yeah, what he said.  Once you come to appreciate good pitching it becomes more watchable.  I can easily sit through entire games, and I love baseball, but I will acknowledge its not for everybody.

For an example of amazing pitching, I still can't believe what this guy can do:
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=8802881

Oh, and here, more world cup meme's:

-Stephen Colbert
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4195 on: June 18, 2010, 11:33:56 AM

Heh.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #4196 on: June 18, 2010, 11:47:08 AM

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4197 on: June 18, 2010, 05:41:02 PM

Wheres the funny?
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #4198 on: June 18, 2010, 05:41:39 PM

I got a chuckle. Though I guess it's a Funny Picture Thread and not an Amusing Picture Thread.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #4199 on: June 18, 2010, 07:20:09 PM

I dunno, I laughed.   why so serious?

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 459 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Funny picture thread  
Jump to: