Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:11:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online  (Read 763448 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2870 on: April 07, 2014, 08:44:05 AM

The only way you have an issue with inventory is if you constantly try to open every single fucking thing in the world, and then horde all the crafting mats. Here's a clue: stop opening up everything you see just because.

Isn't that what you do in an Elder Scrolls game?

Yep, and that's why I think a lot of people are treating it like a single player Elder Scrolls game.  By the way, in my last post I meant quick SLOTS not starts.  My brain is like mush.  At the moment, I don't see a real need to group.  If a bunch of solo players wander into the same dungeon or are doing the same quest and everyone hits the same boss, you all get the credit, the quest loot and the update.  Why bother looking for a group at all?  I'm pretty sure it's not what they intended but they've made it easier to follow each other. kill the big baddie and then all go their separate ways to explore.  This is what I see everyone doing.  It makes more sense than a group.  I can take my time, read the books, unlock chests, find the skyshard, not worry about people who want to power level or have previously explored an area and I can still complete group quests.  In fact, I think this is the only way to play outside of PvP, which I haven't experienced yet.  I can understand people who play for a bit, quit and come back for big expansions now and then.  It's probably what I'll do.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2871 on: April 07, 2014, 09:29:44 AM

Aaaand more content is coming. Craglorn is the first adventure zone announced today, keeping up with the new-ish tradition of not releasing all the content so you can keep some to impress people a few days aftr launch. Anyway, end game stuff.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2872 on: April 07, 2014, 10:28:18 AM

I did see that.  The Adventure stuff is instanced, too.  I have to wonder if it's still full of chests, books and that sort of thing which leaves the same sort of issues with groups,  PUGs in particular.  They'll have skyshards and I also wonder if you get one each time you do the instance or if it's a one time only deal like the rest. 

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #2873 on: April 07, 2014, 11:09:54 AM

The only way you have an issue with inventory is if you constantly try to open every single fucking thing in the world, and then horde all the crafting mats. Here's a clue: stop opening up everything you see just because.

Is there some other way to find cooking recipes?

Over and out.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2874 on: April 07, 2014, 01:17:54 PM

I don't know. But if you are into cooking then you probably want to open everything. But then you can't complain about inventory space.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2875 on: April 07, 2014, 01:21:44 PM

I've gotten 3 racial motifs from doing that, so it's very much worth your while to open everything you come across.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2876 on: April 07, 2014, 02:10:14 PM

I don't know. But if you are into cooking then you probably want to open everything. But then you can't complain about inventory space.

Don't be absurd. They can't complain about a system that requires a shitload of inventory juggling without the game providing the inventory to support it? What exactly *is* fair game to complain about then?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2877 on: April 07, 2014, 02:42:28 PM

I have to agree.  The inventory space and the radial menu are my two biggest gripes.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2878 on: April 07, 2014, 04:38:47 PM

Don't be absurd. They can't complain about a system that requires a shitload of inventory juggling without the game providing the inventory to support it? What exactly *is* fair game to complain about then?

Hey, I pick up 5 million fucking shitty crafting materials in an hour! Voluntarily! WHAAA I WANT MORE SPACE. Give me a fucking break. If you want to support multiple crafting endeavors, you're gonna have to take the 5 minutes and port back to town and hit up a bank. With 2k gold investment you have 80 fucking slots to deal with. Not including a horse you can train for more. That's on top of 60 slots in your bank.

Even then, you can spend a few minutes selling junk to vendors every once in a while.

What do you expect them to do in these types of games? Give you infinite bank and inventory space? Just be happy they didn't implement a shitty weight system.

I have to agree.  The inventory space and the radial menu are my two biggest gripes.

The radial menu is dog shit. I think there is an addon that lets you hotkey each spot. Duno if it actually works, I can't be assed to do it.
Scold
Terracotta Army

Reply #2879 on: April 07, 2014, 04:51:05 PM

Aaaand more content is coming. Craglorn is the first adventure zone announced today, keeping up with the new-ish tradition of not releasing all the content so you can keep some to impress people a few days aftr launch. Anyway, end game stuff.

Sweet jesus that combat looks boring
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2880 on: April 07, 2014, 05:17:06 PM

All MMO combat is boring to watch especially if studios who don't know how to play their own game attempt to do it and make a "cool" video.

I find the combat average to decent. TERA is the best MMO combat for a reference point.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #2881 on: April 07, 2014, 06:16:16 PM

What do you expect them to do in these types of games? Give you infinite bank and inventory space? Just be happy they didn't implement a shitty weight system.

All I could think of when I read this post:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbU4Cb4A4-o
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2882 on: April 07, 2014, 07:11:39 PM

It's a legitimate question. Do you want it GW2 style? Do you want in Diablo style? Do you want it WOW style? Do you want endless lists of gear that you can hold in your inventory? Inventory limits is a thing in games whether you like it or not. How would you have designed it differently?
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #2883 on: April 07, 2014, 07:53:35 PM

They actually increased the already huge number of items from the elder scrolls games but then stuck on an even more restrictive inventory system than WoW has.  It worked in games like skyrim because you could buy a house in every city which contained dozens of dressers/safes/trunks that were all bottomless and never ran out of space.

If it were possible to make a bank guild like in WoW with its five hundred slots I would be fine.  All they are forcing me to do here is create seven other characters to hold shit for me instead.  I have to mark myself offline when I cycle through the alts so that I don't spam everyone with Miasma has logged on/off messages.

I have one mule with all the bound stuff like treasure maps, trinket rewards, pets etc.
I have one mule with fifty items worth of researchable traits.
I have one mule with just provisioning stuff.
I have one mule with both alchemy and enchanting, almost maxed I will probably have to seperate them.
I have one mule with past tier ore/cloth/leather/wood.

I am only level 30.

Every time I go to town I desconstruct everything I can so my bank has a dozen types of trait gems, a dozen types of racial motif rocks, a dozen types of the blue/green/purple mats that are used to increase item rarity, eight slots per tier of mats for the zone I'm in for raw/refined ore/wood/cloth/leather - there are nine tiers overall so I send old tiers to the mule.  I don't even harvest ore or wood anymore, there is no point since deconstruction gives the refined stuff.

So at least sixty of my bank slots are used for things it just doesn't make sense to clear out since I'm constantly getting them.  Then I need to keep at least ten or so researchable items for when my queue pops.

This is not "five minutes at the bank".
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2884 on: April 07, 2014, 09:00:32 PM

So you're a hoarder. Ok.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #2885 on: April 07, 2014, 11:31:08 PM

inventory limitations have actually expanded to become a pretty ubiquitous gripe about the game. i haven't seen a place that wasn't complaining about it and I didn't expect this place to be the outlier in that there was a disagreement
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2886 on: April 08, 2014, 12:40:41 AM

Well, I'll agree with the others who are saying the inventory limitations are crap. I end up having to go back to a merchant to sell stuff every hour or so and endure the cumbersome bank interface just as much; I don't remember the last time I had to do this in any other MMO. In GW2 I could 100% multiple zones without inventory problems; ditto SWTOR (planets) and WOW (zones and multiple dungeon runs).

I'm not a "hoarder" any more than I am in other games; if anything, I am much less of one. I don't open random crates/urns/etc -- I did it in the tutorial + first city, then learned to stop doing it right quick when it filled my inventory with 0-value crap for provisioning. I DO open bookshelves and dressers, as dressers can contain recipes, and give the race-specific 'crafting bits' as well as lockpicks. My only craft skill is alchemy, so I gather about 7-8 different kinds of flowers and shrooms as well as the distillation base, ignoring every other kind of harvesting node (which is definitely not something I'd do in GW2, WOW or SWTOR). Most of the crap filling up my inventory actually consists of 4 different potions of every type (I regularly have to toss stamina and most health potions) as well as numerous 30-minute food/drink items... but there's also a lot of enchanting sigil things, useless white weapons/armor, and a ton of random junk I get as a byproduct to harvesting. Yeah, getting a worm or crawdad while picking a flower is nice, but ultimately useless to me; it now takes up an extra space in my inventory, yay! Oh, and there are ~20 individual CE treasure maps sitting in my bank because making their container bankable would be hard.

Originally I considered dabbling in some other crafts (being a caster, this would be clothier and enchanting), but the sheer amount of materials those things would add to my already-full bank made me skip that. Enchanter would need a ton of slots for runes and rarity increasers and whatever else. Clothier just looks like a nightmare of intermediate materials from breaking things down.

edit: also, in other games I'd typically carry several full sets of secondary gear as well as a large variety of consumables and random 'fun' items. Can't do that here -- whenever I do a vendor/bank run, I reduce my inventory to 12 items, which is the bare minimum of soul gem, charged soul gem, lockpick, mana potions (usually 3 different kinds because there's one for every level), health potions (2), stamina potion (1), food items (2) and the regional treasure map. Then do a dungeon run, some quests and exploring and bam, my 70 slots are full again!

Ideally this game should have an inventory system similar to GW2, only with the bag sizes being static and unlocked via the vendors (like they do it already, only with larger increments than 10). The 'send materials to bank' button (as well as having a separate collection for materials) itself would improve the experience by roughly 279.483%.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 01:11:52 AM by Zetor »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2887 on: April 08, 2014, 01:26:31 AM

So you're a hoarder. Ok.

Christ on crutches, seriously?

- The game has a megamillion items, and they are literally everywhere.
- You can open containers everywhere, there's literally like a million containers every 3 feet.
- Containers give you materials for crafting, runes for enchanting, recipes, lockpicks.
- If you don't open everything you are gimping yourself because what you can't or don't plan to use can be sold, traded, or most importantly given to friends who are working on their crafting.
- On top of that, you will loot stuff from every enemy. Lots of stuff. Which in most cases should be kept for "researching traits", something that can be done one at a time every 6-12 hours, cluttering your storage space even more.

So you can just play it cool and only keep stuff for your class (in a game where you can so easily multiclass?) and disregard everything else, but it's easy to feel that you are wasting resources by not picking up everything. So not only opening everything is a feature and it is fun, and gives you stuff you will probably want later and will kick yourself for not storing, but the system encourages you to do so by literally flooding you with items. As expected from any Elder Scrolls game. This is a good thing.  

EXCEPT

Except, you don't even get to know the tier of the crap you pick up, so it's not like you can tell "oh ok this is tier 2 crafting materials, so I can dump away everything that is tier 1 and make some room". You have to keep everything, at least until your brain figures out what you really need and don't need.
Except, as someone else noted, you don't have the usual Elder Scrolls house where you dump all your stuff.
Except, your inventory is 60-80 slots, and your bank is another 60-80 slots that are shared among all your chars. Which are OK numbers for any other MMORPG, not in TESO given its peculiarities when it comes to items.
Except, even if you are in a friends & family guild where you work together to raise craft skills you don't have a Guild Bank unless you can gather 10 members (unique accounts). So no shared space to easily trade resources unless you have more friends. Sucks to be us.
Except, in a huge area like Stonefall (you'll be there from level 5 to 14) there is only one bank, and to teleport there and back costs a decent amount of money.
Except, you will often run out of inventory space in the middle of a dungeon. It's very easy to go from having 10 free inventory slots to be full and not have enough space to loot that rare drop while you are questing and farming with friends since drops are so frequent *even if you don't open shit*.

So in short, you will teleport back to bank constantly, almost as often as in Diablo, but the process is not as quick and painless, and it's definitely not fun.
Sure, you can have so much fun with the game that eventually you don't care, but try to minimize this issue is ridiculous. They should have given easier access to much larger storage functions, or they could have made separate storage allowances for mats, or they could have been more clear about tiers for provisions and plants or even runes, or they could have put more Bank NPCs around, or they could allowed any group of two people to be able to have a fucking guild bank, or they could have allowed for the ability to enqueue the research of traits on weapons and armours without having to save them while you are researching something else, or they could have allowed some inventory buffer/overflow for tight situations while you are in dungeon. The way it is now, inventory and storage management are NOT fun and are a chore, they hit you terribly soon and the game pretty much demands you to make mule chars as early as level 10, unless you make a point to leave a shitton of loot and crafting materials behind, and that's something you just don't do when you play with a small guild of friends because that's how you help each other grow.

I understand you are loving the game. But to defend their claustrophobic decisions on storage and trading limitations just because they don't affect *your* particular playstyle is silly.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 04:00:16 AM by Falconeer »

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #2888 on: April 08, 2014, 04:21:48 AM

One note to save money and time porting is that it is free to port from one wayshrine to any other.  One trick to save both money and time is that you can pull up your guild roster, right click and travel to anyone online.  This puts you at... the closest wayshrine to them (unless they are in a dungeon).  So even if they aren't in a city with a bank it still puts you at a wayshrine and then you can travel for free.

Be careful not to try and port twice right after another, the cost goes way up.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2889 on: April 08, 2014, 06:21:29 AM

make a point to leave a shitton of loot and crafting materials behind, and that's something you just don't do when you play with a small guild of friends because that's how you help each other grow.

I understand you are loving the game. But to defend their claustrophobic decisions on storage and trading limitations just because they don't affect *your* particular playstyle is silly.

Here's what I hearing for the people whining about inventory:

1) I want to keep everything just in case. I can't. QQ
2) I HAVE to open everything because what if I don't get that level 10 recipe of Bearass Pie?
3) This game lets me open everything, gather everything, so naturally I have to have it all. I can't carry it all. QQ.
4) I have to visit a vendor once an hour or every 2 hours. QQ. If only I could port anywhere anytime in case I had to do #1, #2, #3.

Here's a hint for you. If you have a problem with your inventory, stop hoarding and opening everything. You aren't gimping your character if you don't open every barrel or crate. If you don't get some shitty level 12 recipe, you aren't gimping your character. You can destroy items when you're not at a shop.

If you can't control yourself and not open everything everywhere, well deal with it then. If you do want to everything, everywhere, then you have to deal with inventory issues. If you are going to be a vacuum cleaner, then you have to deal with the consequences.

This game has a wayshrine in every major questing area. Use them for a few minutes and drop off your garbage. If you have a friend that crafts and needs ore or whatever, you can mail them shit right from your inventory anywhere in the game.  Seriously, are you guys so retarded that you can't deal with regular inventory issues? Are you OCD addled that you can't bear not collecting something or throwing away garbage? Are you seriously trying to level up every single profession? Maybe you should turn off autoloot.

It seems like the only solution to your woes are:
1) Ask TESO to give everyone 1000 inventory slots.
2) Ask TESO not to allow everyone to gather anything.
3) Ask TESO to stop giving you shit from mobs.
4) Ask TESO to not give everyone access to any profession.

I mean seriously, the game actually has limitations and you have to make a simple choice of picking up garbage or keeping other things. God forbid you have to toss that 10 gold ectoplasm to make room for some shitty level 16 recipe that is 15 stamina better than your level 12 recipe.

This game has many flaws, but inventory management is not one of them. If you engage in crafting that is your choice, but inventory issues arise from it if you try to do too many at the same time.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2890 on: April 08, 2014, 06:31:59 AM

I hope the devs think like you Draegan. I'll win my bet so much faster.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #2891 on: April 08, 2014, 06:33:10 AM

I think the largest problem is the arbitrary nature of inventory in modern games.  I can hold a breastplate or a carrot in an inventory slot.  I'd much rather deal with the weight limits and be able to drag around a pack mule with saddlebags.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #2892 on: April 08, 2014, 06:38:31 AM

The behavior that is leading everyone to complain about inventory will not be solved by more inventory slots.  There are MILLIONS of things to loot.  People who loot everything will fill any sized space.  That, in turn, will cause massive server issues for the game.  

Give a hoot. Don't loot.

All that aside, I think it would help if items gave more detail about themselves so that adventurers could more easily prioritize what to keep.  I also believe that the game is brand new so players will eventually sort this all out in some economic way.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 06:40:23 AM by shiznitz »

I have never played WoW.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #2893 on: April 08, 2014, 06:40:25 AM

GW2 style banking would solve it easy.

"Me am play gods"
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2894 on: April 08, 2014, 06:42:56 AM

It seems like the only solution to your woes are:
1) Ask TESO to give everyone 1000 inventory slots.
2) Ask TESO not to allow everyone to gather anything.
3) Ask TESO to stop giving you shit from mobs.
4) Ask TESO to not give everyone access to any profession.

I suggested solutions in my post and they are not idiotic like the ones you suggest. Exaggerating reqasonable requests doesn't make your post funnier.

Quote from: Falconeer
They should have given easier access to much larger storage functions, or they could have made separate storage allowances for mats
They could have been more clear about tiers for provisions and plants or even runes
They could have put more Bank NPCs around, or they could allowed any group of two people to be able to have a fucking guild bank
They could have allowed for the ability to enqueue the research of traits on weapons and armours without having to save them while you are researching something else
They could have allowed some inventory buffer/overflow for tight situations while you are in dungeon.

Let me add another one: they could have allowed people to deconstruct weapons without getting to a crafting station.

I wouldn't like the game if they erased the need for inventory/storage management. It just needs to be eased down a bit since TESO is special when it comes to items, stuff and mats. So yes, the point is not to just make bags largers. It is to give better tools to organize, store and manage all the stuff.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #2895 on: April 08, 2014, 06:47:28 AM

You're imagining a lot of "QQ" that only exists in your imagination.  It was a one off bullet point that every one else agrees with.  It is only a moderate hassle and yet you decided to go all white knight martyrdom on it.  They picked an arbtrary number of inventory slots inline with other mmos but have radically more items.

2) I HAVE to open everything because what if I don't get that level 10 recipe of Bearass Pie?
3) This game lets me open everything, gather everything, so naturally I have to have it all. I can't carry it all. QQ.
4) I have to visit a vendor once an hour or every 2 hours. QQ. If only I could port anywhere anytime in case I had to do #1, #2, #3.

1) I destroy or vendor every single non crafting item I can.
2) Why are you so hung up on the opening containers thing?  99% of containers are just provisioning mats or lockpicks.  You could take containers out of the game and still not have enough slots.
3) Again with your container fixation, how is this even a different point from 2?  I open containers because they rarely contain blue recipies, treasure maps and racial motif books.
4) No, the amount of stuff I vendor is limited to duplicate recipies, bait and trash items (which aren't even marked properly as trash allowing me to use that tab to sell all).  Everything else has to be brought to four different crafting stations, deconscructed, banked, researched and then log on/off four alts to clear the bank.

You obviously don't craft so don't have inventory problems, that's fine.  Just stop raging about an issue that doesn't even affect you.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 06:49:22 AM by Miasma »
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2896 on: April 08, 2014, 06:48:02 AM

I hope the devs think like you Draegan. I'll win my bet so much faster.

I still haven't heard a solution from anyone. Do you want more inventory space, if so how much? Should everyone have a secondary personal bank? Do you want less items to drop? Do you want them to limit the amount of gathering/crafting you can do? Do you want crafting materials only to come from nodes and/or NPCs?

Currently ESO allows you to craft anything, gather everything without having to make a hard choice.
Currently ESO gives you more inventory space and bank space by default than any other game, however it's balanced by giving players more stuff to do things with.
Currently ESO provides crafting materials from NPCs, Nodes, Crates/Barrels/Bags/Backpacks etc. No other game really provides this many materials to players, from this many sources from that many sources. Not only that, but TESO allows you to deconstruct useless greens into crafting materials.

So if this was your precious, WOW, you would have less inventory slots, less materials, less crafting and gathering options and the only option to gain materials is from running in circles farming nodes.

The only other game that handles it better in some degree is GW2 because it gives you the option to store every single crafting mat up to a stack of 100? 200? (I can't remember) and I still had inventory issues in that game too. The difference is that TESO has more mats, gives them to you more often that GW2, and allows you to do everything at the same time (assuming  you invest skill points into crafting).

Honestly, the only problem here is TESO gives you too much shit and you don't want to have to deal with choices.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2897 on: April 08, 2014, 07:00:23 AM

I still haven't heard a solution from anyone.

You keep writing in this thread using 'retarded' as an insult left and right, but can you read? Suggested solutions are up there, posted twice since you clearly like to skim.

Also, hoping you can read this: no one has a problem with inventory management issues in general. That has always been part of every game, and that is fine. They are just extreme here, and they show up too early. Got it?

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2898 on: April 08, 2014, 07:04:23 AM

Quote from: Falconeer
They should have given easier access to much larger storage functions, or they could have made separate storage allowances for mats
They could have been more clear about tiers for provisions and plants or even runes
They could have put more Bank NPCs around, or they could allowed any group of two people to be able to have a fucking guild bank
They could have allowed for the ability to enqueue the research of traits on weapons and armours without having to save them while you are researching something else
They could have allowed some inventory buffer/overflow for tight situations while you are in dungeon.

Let me add another one: they could have allowed people to deconstruct weapons without getting to a crafting station.

I wouldn't like the game if they erased the need for inventory/storage management. It just needs to be eased down a bit since TESO is special when it comes to items, stuff and mats. So yes, the point is not to just make bags largers. It is to give better tools to organize, store and manage all the stuff.

Easier access/Bank NPC: Once an hour you can port to any wayshrine for a low fee. Each zone has a lot of wayshrines that you can easily get to do it for free. You can port anywhere in the game you want regardless of this option (outside Cyrodil). Port to an area in the game that has a bank close to a wayshrine. Outside of accessing your bank from anywhere in the game, that's pretty damn easy access. Plus there are multiple bank NPCs per zone, at least in the ones I've been in, I can't claim that's the same for every zone. But since wayshrine traveling is instant and not limited to zone, what difference does it make?

Tiered Mats: I can agree with that. ESO has some of the worst tooltips in the industry. They suck. Here, I googled this for you:

Enchanting Mats - Source
Rank 1: Allows the use of Jora, Porade, Jode, and Notade Potency Runestones to make Glyphs of levels 1-15.
Rank 2: Allows the use of Jera, Jejora, Ode, and Tade Potency Runestones to make Glyphs of levels 11-25.
Rank 3: Allows the use of Odra, Pojora, Jayde, and Edode Potency Runestones to make Glyphs of levels 21-35.
Rank 4: Allows the use of Edora, Jaera, Pojode, and Rekude Potency Runestones to make Glyphs of levels 30-45.
Rank 5: Allows the use of Pora, Denara, Hade, and Idode Potency Runestones to make Glyphs of levels 40-50.
Rank 6: Allows the use of Rera and Pode Potency Runestones to make Glyphs of level VR1.
Rank 7: Allows the use of Derado and Kedeko Potency Runestones to make Glyphs of level VR3.
Rank 8: Allows the use of Recura and Rede Potency Runestones to make Glyphs of level VR6.
Rank 9: Allows the use of Cura and Kude Potency Runestones to make Glyphs of level VR8.

Queueing Research: I don't have an issue with this. But how big is your backlog and how many different crafts are you researching? You might have to drop down the scope of your enterprise. How many traits would you want to queue at the same time? In the same vein, should I be able to autofeed my horse every day? I really don't see this as a big deal honestly.

Inventory Buffer: That would be helpful. I agree with this.
Item deconstruction anywhere? I have no problem with that.
Guild Banks - Well since you can can be in up to 5 guilds at the same time, I imagine they want to limit possible exploitation for having that many guild banks. Is the threshold 10? Maybe it should be 5.

--

Ultimately you have a lot of good points for how to make QOL better in the game, but outside of being able to deposit into the bank from anywhere in the game into a space that is unlimited any of these fixes won't change the fact that you're gathering and saving materials for every single craft in the game at the same time. If that is causing you to fill up too fast, you need to stop bro or deal with having to go to the bank or use up mats more often.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2899 on: April 08, 2014, 07:06:51 AM

You're imagining a lot of "QQ" that only exists in your imagination.  It was a one off bullet point that every one else agrees with.  It is only a moderate hassle and yet you decided to go all white knight martyrdom on it.  They picked an arbtrary number of inventory slots inline with other mmos but have radically more items.

1) I destroy or vendor every single non crafting item I can.
2) Why are you so hung up on the opening containers thing?  99% of containers are just provisioning mats or lockpicks.  You could take containers out of the game and still not have enough slots.
3) Again with your container fixation, how is this even a different point from 2?  I open containers because they rarely contain blue recipies, treasure maps and racial motif books.
4) No, the amount of stuff I vendor is limited to duplicate recipies, bait and trash items (which aren't even marked properly as trash allowing me to use that tab to sell all).  Everything else has to be brought to four different crafting stations, deconscructed, banked, researched and then log on/off four alts to clear the bank.

You obviously don't craft so don't have inventory problems, that's fine.  Just stop raging about an issue that doesn't even affect you.

Ah ok, we got to the point where if I disagree with you enough I'm whiteknighting or raging.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #2900 on: April 08, 2014, 07:23:51 AM

Thank god you don't work in the game industry, since you have absolutely zero clue about how players actually play games, player personalities, and how game systems that others have mentioned here influence their decisions.  You are clueless if you can't see see how the game is 100% encouraging you to hoard and yet expect people to stop complaining when they are unable to.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #2901 on: April 08, 2014, 07:31:02 AM

A collection of information about the almost completely unexplained fishing system.  It seems utterly pointless at the moment (and broken).

Here is a large image if you are interested in provisioning.

You can /playdead in pvp.  It is an emote where you lie down in a corpse position.  Since most people still use the default of not seeing enemy hp bars a surprising number of people will just run right by you.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #2902 on: April 08, 2014, 08:26:33 AM

Honestly, Draegan, it's not the substance of your post I think people have a problem with, it's the vitriol and condescension you drape it in.  Is it possible to disagree with a position without turning it into a rerolled thread?

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2903 on: April 08, 2014, 08:30:17 AM

I don't loot everything.  In fact, I almost never loot barrels and sacks and those sorts of things because I'm not into cooking yet.  I do, however, deconstruct everything I can and mess with alchemy and enchanting.  Stuff builds up quickly.  For the most part, more bank space would help a lot.  Being able to easily use alts would be good, too.  Another thing that annoys me is the price to feed my horse is 250 gold.  It's a waste of coin.  They have the hunger set up at 24 hours real time instead of game time.  Every time I log in I have to feed my horse.  Setting up like that doesn't make any sense at all.  My horse lives in game time!

And fishing is a big waste of time.  And yet, I still do it.  I can't help myself.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2904 on: April 08, 2014, 08:46:56 AM

Thank god you don't work in the game industry, since you have absolutely zero clue about how players actually play games, player personalities, and how game systems that others have mentioned here influence their decisions.  You are clueless if you can't see see how the game is 100% encouraging you to hoard and yet expect people to stop complaining when they are unable to.

I guess I just see it from a different point of view. I see a game that gives you a shit load of stuff and leaves it up to you how to deal with it. It's somewhat refreshing from different game design theories that drastically limits what you can do and thus limits the choices you are force to make.

For example, in WOW you are limited to the choices of professions and gathering so you are never forced to deal with all this extra stuff. It's designed to be streamlined and easier to deal with. If you are a miner and a blacksmith, your world never really comes in contact with any other profession except maybe cloth that you loot from NPCs.

ESO just says "here is everything, go play". Most people have been trained to collect and store everything they find "just in case" so they snag everything they find and try to put it somewhere for a rainy day when they decide to hunker down and do some crafting. I was doing this for some time to some degree and found out that I really didn't need any of this stuff and got rid of it. If I want to eventually craft, I'll just go back and do it another time. The only thing I've kept were uncommon or rarer materials. Everything that was common I gave away or sold to a vendor.

You say the game promotes hoarding. This is only true if you're a player that wants to do everything at once. And if this is the case, I agree, the game is frustrating in that aspect. But from the way I look at it, it's not designed for you to do everything at once and a bi-product of that is forcing you to make choices of what to loot, how often to loot crates and backpacks or even take sidetrips to a bank or a crafting station.

Honestly, Draegan, it's not the substance of your post I think people have a problem with, it's the vitriol and condescension you drape it in.  Is it possible to disagree with a position without turning it into a rerolled thread?

Honestly, no matter which tact you take here whether it's being a dick or being serious, if you go against the greater opinion in a thread you're still harassed or condescended against. Go take a look at the Marvel Movie thread and how 4-7 people ganged up on jgurensen (or however you spell his name) who presented a well written argument without any vitriol and the groupthink around him just shit on him and called him an idiot.

It's F13, people have the big boy/girl pants on here.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online  
Jump to: