Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:23:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm: Preparing For Patch 4.0.1 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cataclysm: Preparing For Patch 4.0.1  (Read 156475 times)
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #455 on: November 05, 2010, 12:19:41 PM

I've been searching on the offical forums, but can't find the answer.  When rated BG's go in, will the PUG BG's only allow single person entry or will groups still be allowed to start a queue?  I see all kinds of explanations on what rated BG's will be, but not what the rest of us will be using.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #456 on: November 05, 2010, 02:42:30 PM

I imagine that since you have to queue with a 100% full group for Rated BGs (ie 10 for WSG, 15 for AB etc) that you will be queueing specificly for a rated BG.  Would imagine that there would be seperate options for "queue for Rated X" and "queue for normal X" in the event that you somehow managed to put together a fulll group of 10 or whatever who didnt want to do the rated bg.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #457 on: November 05, 2010, 05:32:14 PM

Holy shit, prices change?!

Holy shit, so what you said noone has an excuse for wasn't accurate when you said it? Ohhhhh, I see. NO EXCUSES!

Get the EDU Win7 deal or bug a friend of yours that works at MS to buy you a copy from the company store.

Because everyone here (and everywhere else) can get a student deal and/or has a friend who works at MS?  Ohhhhh, I see. NO EXCUSES!

8GB of ram was the price I spoke of above back when Core2Duo was the CPU to buy. Which is still what I have - an E6600 at 3.2 ghz.

Holy shit, so what you said noone has an excuse for wasn't accurate?  Ohhhhh, I see. NO EXCUSES!

You made a stupid comment, got called on it, people made fun of you. Stop trying to defend it so everyone can forget about it instead of making yourself look worse.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #458 on: November 05, 2010, 05:50:23 PM

The point I was trying to make is that the performance issues do not exist on my PC that was built as a midrange PC in 2008. I honestly do not believe that it's an issue for anyone. Then again I've not seen any windowed performance problems in a very long time. I run everything windowed since, as the thread alluded to last page, I have 3 monitors.

Include smiley faces in your replies. They make me happy.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #459 on: November 06, 2010, 12:00:33 AM

One remarkable thing about WoW, and a primary reason why it's so accessible, is that the game runs on PCs much older than 2008.  Moving the requirements much higher is not a good move, as it can squeeze quite a few people into either buying a new computer/upgrades, or not playing anymore.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #460 on: November 06, 2010, 02:21:18 AM

The point I was trying to make ....

Most people use a shovel to make a hole deeper ...

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #461 on: November 06, 2010, 05:27:57 AM

The point I was trying to make is that the performance issues do not exist on my PC that was built as a midrange PC in 2008. I honestly do not believe that it's an issue for anyone.

You're thick as fucking mince and you should shut the fuck up.

smiley

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #462 on: November 07, 2010, 12:44:51 AM

Sooooo, as much as I hate to do this I feel obligated. You have all heard me bitch about Feral (Bear) Druids i this thread. Time to give credit where credit is due.

# Mangle (Bear Form) now deals 360% normal damage, up from 230%.

America, Fuck Yeah!

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #463 on: November 07, 2010, 03:44:40 AM

Sooooo, as much as I hate to do this I feel obligated. You have all heard me bitch about Feral (Bear) Druids i this thread. Time to give credit where credit is due.

# Mangle (Bear Form) now deals 360% normal damage, up from 230%.

America, Fuck Yeah!
Meh, they probably were forced to do that because ripping the guts out of Bears Stamina advantage likely cascaded down through vengeance to end up with bears not hitting hard enough to keep threat compared to all the other tanks.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #464 on: November 13, 2010, 12:44:32 AM

Which thread had the instructions to change the two files to allow preload of cata shit? I did it on my PC, but need to sort out my wife's and cant find Cal's post.

Yoshimaru
Terracotta Army

Reply #465 on: November 13, 2010, 02:51:18 AM

Which thread had the instructions to change the two files to allow preload of cata shit? I did it on my PC, but need to sort out my wife's and cant find Cal's post.

Stolen from SA by way of EJ:

Didn't preorder the digital copy?
Want to pre-download all the Cata Data?

Open up Launcher.WTF and set your accountType from "LK" to "CT"
Do the same in config.wtf.

Enjoy.

Other bonus of this is you don't need to log in to start the pre-load if you did buy the digital copy, which is not happening if your account's lapsed.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #466 on: November 13, 2010, 03:39:02 PM

thank you, sir.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #467 on: November 17, 2010, 01:06:36 PM

I'm wondering ... I didn't make any of those changes and I think I am downloading Cata:

Yes?  No?  I'm not even currently subscribed, so I'm somewhat suspicious.  Would rather not be surprised when I eventually get a chance to play it.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #468 on: November 17, 2010, 01:11:37 PM

It will download everything I think. You just won't be able to go to any of the new stuff* unless your account has the expansions unlocked on it.

*To be more specific, you won't be able to: create characters of races or classes that came with expansions you don't own, enter areas that were added with expansions that you have to zone to get to, that sort of thing. You WILL be able to play the new 1-60 stuff without buying Cataclysm though.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #469 on: November 17, 2010, 01:17:53 PM

When I logged into battle.net I was offered WotLK and so I bought that as well as Cata.  No mention of TBC.  Maybe need to poke at the account settings a bit but it gave me the impression I only had to buy those two.  I'm unlikely to subscribe just yet since I don't intend to use my old character on Crushridge.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #470 on: November 17, 2010, 01:20:00 PM

Event seems bugged now, there are rifts but no elementals are spawning so they cant be closed and the whole thing ends in a fail.

I am the .00000001428%
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #471 on: November 17, 2010, 01:24:04 PM

Event seems bugged now, there are rifts but no elementals are spawning so they cant be closed and the whole thing ends in a fail.

Facepalm

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #472 on: November 17, 2010, 01:27:48 PM

I imagine that is probably a server by server, probably even a city by city thing - I saw this happen to the IF event back on the PTR while Stormwind was still working fine.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #473 on: November 17, 2010, 02:40:58 PM

It will download everything I think. You just won't be able to go to any of the new stuff* unless your account has the expansions unlocked on it.

*To be more specific, you won't be able to: create characters of races or classes that came with expansions you don't own, enter areas that were added with expansions that you have to zone to get to, that sort of thing. You WILL be able to play the new 1-60 stuff without buying Cataclysm though.

*sigh*
God damn it... I have a question. Since I have BC, I assume I just have to fish up that key to activate it and then purchase Wrath and Cata for this "update" to be complete and then to wait till Cata comes online in Dec? I am hating myself now.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #474 on: November 17, 2010, 02:45:45 PM

No, I don't think you'd have to fish up the key, unless you never used it with your account before. Did you buy it and then just have it sitting on a shelf somewhere?

If you want to make a new character and just play through the new 1-60, as long as it isn't a goblin or worgen, you won't have to buy anything, just resubscribe. What buying Cata gets you is 81-85, the new races, raids, BGs, etc. Not sure about archaeology, you might need Cata to do that, unsure.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #475 on: November 17, 2010, 02:47:58 PM

Not sure this helps anyone but looks like TBC came as part of likely Cata:

I only bought the combo WotLK/Cata pack.

Also, what is "World of Warcraft Remote"?

fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #476 on: November 17, 2010, 02:49:44 PM

Also, what is "World of Warcraft Remote"?

It will allow your account to buy/sell on the auction house via webpage or smartphone. It's a $2.99/month fee

Edit:
If you don't have one, add a mobile or physical authenticator to your account. It's going to get hacked.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 03:01:05 PM by fuser »
Terracotta Army

Reply #477 on: November 17, 2010, 03:13:14 PM

No, I don't think you'd have to fish up the key, unless you never used it with your account before. Did you buy it and then just have it sitting on a shelf somewhere?

If you want to make a new character and just play through the new 1-60, as long as it isn't a goblin or worgen, you won't have to buy anything, just resubscribe. What buying Cata gets you is 81-85, the new races, raids, BGs, etc. Not sure about archaeology, you might need Cata to do that, unsure.

No I bought it at release and played on an old account I thought I lost. I dug out an old email about a character transfer and found my old account name and linked it with battle.net and am doing the downloader for the client.

edit: nevermind. BC is there with my old account. damn it...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 03:26:39 PM by 01101010 »

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #478 on: November 18, 2010, 05:39:11 AM

If you don't have one, add a mobile or physical authenticator to your account. It's going to get hacked.

Not that this doesn't sound like a great idea, but why would my battle.net account be more vulnerable to hacking once I have an active WoW sub?

Terracotta Army

Reply #479 on: November 18, 2010, 08:16:48 AM

I am shocked that the new community boards have a list of all my characters from years ago including my first raid Nelf. I am also amazed that I have not thought about this game at all, then all the sudden my interest gets prodded by some unknown force which starts driving my curiosity to the warcraft website. Wrath did not peak my interest as much as this does and am left wondering what is different aside from the world changes.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #480 on: November 18, 2010, 08:28:24 AM

Not that this doesn't sound like a great idea, but why would my battle.net account be more vulnerable to hacking once I have an active WoW sub?
Because WoW accounts are considerably more desirable to hackers than, say, SC2 ones.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #481 on: November 18, 2010, 09:04:23 AM

I am shocked that the new community boards have a list of all my characters from years ago including my first raid Nelf. I am also amazed that I have not thought about this game at all, then all the sudden my interest gets prodded by some unknown force which starts driving my curiosity to the warcraft website. Wrath did not peak my interest as much as this does and am left wondering what is different aside from the world changes.

For me it's this  - For every time that I flew out of Stormwind or flew over Ironforge mountain and wondered about the landing strip up there - now I can log in and fly there myself (not on rails).  I can fly over the damn with the big faces (if it's still there).  Just seems like it would be cool to visit all those places and see them a bit closer.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #482 on: November 18, 2010, 09:31:35 AM

For me it's this  - For every time that I flew out of Stormwind or flew over Ironforge mountain and wondered about the landing strip up there - now I can log in and fly there myself (not on rails).  I can fly over the damn with the big faces (if it's still there).  Just seems like it would be cool to visit all those places and see them a bit closer.

I was going to say that only if you're level 80 and pay an extortionate amount of moolah for the privilege but it appears that the Flight Masters License is available at level 60 for 250g (before faction discount) so that's alright then. (According to Wowpedia anyway.)

The world changes are what's doing it for me - that and restructuring most of the quest flow so that you can do it zone by zone rather than have those tedious fucking cross continent quest chains like the Shimmering Flats bollocks.  It also sounds like they're making a lot more of the quests more involving (in as far as they could ever be called that).  Some great new quests in Hillsbrad, Badlands and Stonetalon Mountains from what I gather.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #483 on: November 18, 2010, 09:32:55 AM

There are some new race/class combinations for the older races (except the draenei, suck it, draenei!). There's probably a chart out there somewhere showing who gets what new shit. There's also a new secondary skill, archeology, that sounds fluffy and fun, and supposedly they made leveling the various crafting skills less shitty somehow (I haven't paid much attention to that though).

I'm one of those people who fucking loves to level, though, so the world changes (including revamping to some degree or another all the old dungeons - for example, Stockades is a real, honest to god blue loot dropping bosses and everything dungeon now!) are what have me all SQUEE about it.

That and goblins.  Heart

God Save the Horn Players
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #484 on: November 18, 2010, 09:36:42 AM

Whoever said Dire Maul was gone, by the way, was wrong, it is still there. It is a fully winged dungeon now, West and North don't connect, and while those library NPCs are still there I don't think you can do anything with their faction anymore.

Terracotta Army

Reply #485 on: November 18, 2010, 10:06:39 AM

There are some new race/class combinations for the older races (except the draenei, suck it, draenei!). There's probably a chart out there somewhere showing who gets what new shit. There's also a new secondary skill, archeology, that sounds fluffy and fun, and supposedly they made leveling the various crafting skills less shitty somehow (I haven't paid much attention to that though).

I'm one of those people who fucking loves to level, though, so the world changes (including revamping to some degree or another all the old dungeons - for example, Stockades is a real, honest to god blue loot dropping bosses and everything dungeon now!) are what have me all SQUEE about it.

That and goblins.  Heart

I am hesitant, but I am with ya. Coming close to spawning another in the line of characters to start fresh, but that is still being kicked around in my head.

edit: http://wow.joystiq.com/2009/08/21/blizzcon-2009-cataclysm-race-class-combo-matrix-online/ for the new class/race thing. Undead hunter is  swamp poop for me personally. I'd have liked to see Paladin there, but then again... meh. Tauren will work.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 10:12:31 AM by 01101010 »

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #486 on: November 18, 2010, 11:41:53 AM

There's probably a chart out there somewhere showing who gets what new shit.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Race#Playable_races

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #487 on: November 18, 2010, 12:11:48 PM

Can you get your goblin to say, "I got what you need!"?

If I can do that, I may have to switch sides.  What jokes/emotes do goblins have?
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #488 on: November 18, 2010, 12:40:12 PM

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #489 on: November 18, 2010, 12:40:44 PM

Can you get your goblin to say, "I got what you need!"?

If I can do that, I may have to switch sides.  What jokes/emotes do goblins have?

One of the male flirts is "I got what you need. *zipper sound*" which I'm pretty sure won't see live.

Male Jokes and Flirts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgOUmr6kKsw
Male Other Emotes and Attack Animations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Vfo6LBPg8
Female Jokes and Flirts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4oDeQw9Ofk
Female Other Emotes and Attack Animations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcDBmELHf50

Watching these again made it really hard not to plan out switching my Priest over from Undead...

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm: Preparing For Patch 4.0.1  
Jump to: