Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:13:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Rift: Planes of Telara 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rift: Planes of Telara  (Read 802903 times)
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #735 on: December 02, 2010, 06:34:22 AM

I could use it
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #736 on: December 02, 2010, 06:36:58 AM

Yah, sure.  Why not. Give. 

OR ELSE.

-Rasix
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #737 on: December 02, 2010, 08:11:36 AM

Oh my new computer arrives today and i am in the beta weekend tomorrow which ends the day before cataclysm.  Everything is coming up millhouse!

I am the .00000001428%
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #738 on: December 02, 2010, 08:14:23 AM

I'm in. My essay on guerrilla warfare > tanks and mechs will have to wait.
The VIP gets you in forevah.  You're just getting the weekend taste right now.  Only one person has attempted a MvT essay.  cry

More than awesome tanks or guerrilla tactics (which are both irreplaceable depending on military objectives,) the future of warfare will be decided by unmanned technology. Aside from what is possible in fighter jets without a pilot, the first country that manages to field flesh eating nano-bot swarms will earn my respect and fear.
Unmanned drone mechs!

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #739 on: December 02, 2010, 08:24:55 AM

That can shoot flesh eating nanobots?
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #740 on: December 02, 2010, 08:52:04 AM

Nanomechs!  Because the only thing more awesome than a giant humanoid war machine is a swarm of tiny humanoid war machines, all equipped with pico-scale sized swarm missiles.

Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #741 on: December 02, 2010, 09:08:45 AM

Cant seem to find any kind soul / skill calculator for this, probably because its in beta I guess.  Wanted to check out skill trees to help me decide what to play but I am disappoint :(
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #742 on: December 02, 2010, 09:17:01 AM

Cant seem to find any kind soul / skill calculator for this, probably because its in beta I guess.  Wanted to check out skill trees to help me decide what to play but I am disappoint :(

Well, seeing as the first beta event weekend has not even started yet, and anyone that is playing the pre-beta software is probably under some kind of heavy NDA, the chance of there being any information out there would be pretty slim wouldn't it?

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #743 on: December 02, 2010, 09:19:51 AM

http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/

IIRC, it's based on info from the Telarpedia and game shows. Due to lack of info and NDA, I'm not sure how accurate it is to the current build, but it is something to play with and get an idea of some of the abilities and how the trees work.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #744 on: December 02, 2010, 09:28:32 AM

Well, seeing as the first beta event weekend has not even started yet, and anyone that is playing the pre-beta software is probably under some kind of heavy NDA, the chance of there being any information out there would be pretty slim wouldn't it?

Well of course but was hoping info might of slipped out somewhere
Kovacs
Terracotta Army

Reply #745 on: December 02, 2010, 09:52:32 AM

This falls on a good weekend for me.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #746 on: December 02, 2010, 10:31:27 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hc2ZZcu-2o&feature=player_embedded

New video from Massively.  Shows invasions/rifts etc.  Stuff people probably haven't seen yet.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #747 on: December 02, 2010, 10:42:14 AM

Hey, Hartsman fixed the flailing with weapons thing!

Also, was there a guy riding a gorilla  ACK! ?

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #748 on: December 02, 2010, 11:28:09 AM

Well of course but was hoping info might of slipped out somewhere
If it had, we wouldn't post it here because f13 respects NDAs.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #749 on: December 02, 2010, 12:16:50 PM

I have a feeling that I'm going to buy this game and spend four weeks on talent builds, then log off and never come back because I couldn't decide on something. 

Also, I find it interesting that Blizzard just went through their trees and pulled all the +1%/2%/3% talents, yet Rift seems to display them proudly.  Not good, not bad, just... interesting.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #750 on: December 02, 2010, 12:48:14 PM

It's also funny that WoW went through and made it so you have almost no choice in talents and Rift lets you choose them across three trees.

Daeven
Terracotta Army

Reply #751 on: December 02, 2010, 02:03:56 PM

Only one person has attempted a MvT essay.  cry

Ok. In a future where tanks and mechs battle for supremacy on the ground, dropping rocks from LEO wins.

Conclusion: the future belongs to whomever builds the best orbital trebuchet.

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot." -SMStirling

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #752 on: December 02, 2010, 02:29:53 PM

It's also funny that WoW went through and made it so you have almost no choice in talents and Rift lets you choose them across three trees.

Heh, three trees, two of which you can flip around on demand, unless something changed when I wasn't paying attention.  The level of complexity almost boggles the mind.  See how it goes for people after this weekend I guess, assuming they're even allowed to delve that far into the souls.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #753 on: December 02, 2010, 03:09:38 PM

Were those mech. horses I saw in the video?     DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Also, I get this creepy 'tornado' vibe every time I watch a vid.  It's almost like much of the game is built upon this quasi-stormchaser premise.  Find the storm, report the storm, help out the victims... rinse, wash, repeat.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #754 on: December 02, 2010, 03:22:55 PM

Yeah I kind of wonder if I will end up resenting the rifts interfering with my game the same way I felt about the things in Oblivion popping up.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #755 on: December 02, 2010, 03:42:05 PM

Ok. In a future where tanks and mechs battle for supremacy on the ground, dropping rocks from LEO wins.

Conclusion: the future belongs to whomever builds the best orbital trebuchet.

Anything in LEO is really just a big shiny target that can be seen by a large chunk of the planet at a time.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Dtrain
Terracotta Army

Reply #756 on: December 02, 2010, 04:51:52 PM

Anything in LEO is really just a big shiny target that can be seen by a large chunk of the planet at a time.

Yeah, but if the enemy spends more time and money to shoot down your homing telephone pole floating in space than you did making it and getting it up there, then you've effectively won that battle.

Nanomechs!  Because the only thing more awesome than a giant humanoid war machine is a swarm of tiny humanoid war machines, all equipped with pico-scale sized swarm missiles.

I like to picture flesh eating nano-bots as burrowing insects that liquify your insides.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #757 on: December 02, 2010, 05:31:35 PM

New video from Massively.  Shows invasions/rifts etc.  Stuff people probably haven't seen yet.

Just saw this video, late to the party. So it's Tabula Rasa with WoW graphics?

K! Got me interested!

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #758 on: December 02, 2010, 09:31:39 PM

Pfffft, an even tinier swarm to swarm each machine in your relatively giant, cumbersome, and unwieldy swarm is being developed as we speak  why so serious?   !

It's turtles all the way down bitches !!!!

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #759 on: December 03, 2010, 04:19:02 AM

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Kinda wish I had taken today off. I'm going to be antsy all day.

You know... no matter how many MMO's... no matter how many MMO betas... I still can't stop myself from succumbing to hype. I've got freakin beta and launch day Anarchy Online callouses... no... scars... but yet, here I am. /sigh
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #760 on: December 03, 2010, 04:30:36 AM

Did they scour the entire guild population to find the four skinny, mostly normal looking people?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #761 on: December 03, 2010, 06:10:10 AM

I watched the video without the volume off.  Did they sound normal?
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #762 on: December 03, 2010, 07:02:38 AM

If by normal you mean, slightly nasal white people with too much passion for a video game, then yes.

Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #763 on: December 03, 2010, 07:09:41 AM

If by normal you mean, slightly nasal white people with too much passion for a video game, then yes.

In their voices, you can hear the carefully measured pace of someone who is trying to sound normal and not lose their shit over minutiae.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #764 on: December 03, 2010, 03:21:17 PM

Did we have beta boards so we can talk about this one?

I am the .00000001428%
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #765 on: December 03, 2010, 03:49:10 PM

Did we have beta boards so we can talk about this one?

I was wondering the same...

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #766 on: December 03, 2010, 04:18:31 PM

Pretty sure the email Trion sent me told me to not discuss the contents of the Beta anywhere but on their special Beta Forums.

So creating a beta section here would be against the policy of not facilitating breaking of NDA.

(and I probably just broke NDA by mentioning the contents of communication that anyone who under same NDA should have read themselves, I hope Hartsman forgives me).

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #767 on: December 03, 2010, 04:37:54 PM

Have we ever had beta boards for anything under NDA? Seems like people ask this a lot.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #768 on: December 03, 2010, 04:41:13 PM

I would think that would probably still violate most NDAs unless Trippy worked something out with the company.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #769 on: December 03, 2010, 04:43:15 PM

We have for certain games.  Usually with direct permission and processes I'm not privy to.

However, this is also a beta weekend event.  People let into one will not necessarily be there for the next.  That creates all sorts of wackiness.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 97 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Rift: Planes of Telara  
Jump to: