Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:51:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Rift: Planes of Telara 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rift: Planes of Telara  (Read 802951 times)
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #385 on: September 10, 2010, 04:16:12 PM

I hope this doesn't turn into WAR.
It won't.

Because it's going to be worse.
HorRIFTic
Terracotta Army

Reply #386 on: September 10, 2010, 06:34:03 PM

I hope this doesn't turn into WAR.
It won't.

Because it's going to be worse.

Any particular reason for this assumption?  Considering how poor WAR was and is that is a pretty big assumption.

HorRIFTic Intentions
A Rift: Planes of Telara Blog
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #387 on: September 10, 2010, 06:40:24 PM

He wasn't referring to the quality of the game.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
HorRIFTic
Terracotta Army

Reply #388 on: September 10, 2010, 06:46:56 PM

He wasn't referring to the quality of the game.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Aah, my bad.  I am at work, which makes threads hard to follow! why so serious?

HorRIFTic Intentions
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #389 on: September 10, 2010, 06:57:35 PM

You're new here, tread softly.

Or lightly.

Also, don't play nice.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #390 on: September 10, 2010, 07:25:26 PM

A further suggestion would be to participate in threads outside of this one.

AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #391 on: September 10, 2010, 07:36:57 PM

A further suggestion would be to participate in threads outside of this one.

Said the spider to the fly.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #392 on: September 10, 2010, 10:00:18 PM

As an even further suggestion, you'll find many thoughtful and reasoned dialogs occurring in the Politics section of the forum.  You might think about participating in some of those topics as a good way to introduce yourself to the forum.

Ok, that was just a mean joke.  Stay away from politics.  I'm serious now, stay away.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #393 on: September 10, 2010, 10:19:08 PM

Is this where we tell him about the secret forum by pressing Alt-F4?  [/pathos] high five brah yeah!

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #394 on: September 11, 2010, 08:05:26 AM

Enough. Assuming there's no more starfucking, leave it be. If there's more starfucking, bad things will happen.
Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #395 on: September 11, 2010, 10:38:31 AM

Ok, so back to the original statement... in what ways would this game be "worse" than WAR?
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #396 on: September 11, 2010, 10:41:44 AM

Ok, so back to the original statement... in what ways would this game be "worse" than WAR?

It's not as good as Darkfall?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #397 on: September 11, 2010, 11:20:48 AM

Facepalm

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #398 on: September 11, 2010, 01:13:44 PM

FFS. He meant that it would be worse than WAR because it would attract more starfuckers, not because it would be a worse game.

Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #399 on: September 11, 2010, 02:34:44 PM

Ahhh, red names and people talking to them... got it.

And, not every game can aspire to be Darkfall... does not mean they should not release it, you know, give it a chance.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #400 on: September 11, 2010, 07:03:05 PM

FFS. He meant that it would be worse than WAR because it would attract more starfuckers, not because it would be a worse game.

I didn't pick up on that at all.  I blame it on it being the first post of a new page.  It broke my concentration.
HorRIFTic
Terracotta Army

Reply #401 on: September 11, 2010, 09:26:37 PM

Guys, I am not sure where the venom toward me has come from.  I came to this forum because of one thing and one thing only.  Someone from this forum linked one of my blog's posts.  That is it.  After I clicked on it to check it out, I found some interesting conversation about a game I am looking forward to, so I posted my thoughts.  That is all.

I did not come here because Scott Hartsman posted here (although I do think its cool when the developers interact with the community outside of official forums).  I came here because my blog was linked.  I do not really appreciate being called names, nor having accusations thrown my way simply because I decided to post on a forum where my blog was linked.  I post on many different forums that relate to MMOs in general and Rift in particular, most of which do not include Scott or any other Trion developer posting there.  I do it because I look forward to the game, I write a fan blog about it and I want to be involved in the Rift community.  No more, no less.

If I am not wanted here I completely understand.  I will stay on the MMORPG forums, the K&G forums or the official Rift forums.  That being said, if you folks have no problems with me being here, I would like to stay.  The whole Rift thread has been an interesting read and so has a few other threads on the forum.

Again, I am sorry if I gave the wrong impression but I do not believe I deserved the name calling or accusations. 

HorRIFTic Intentions
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #402 on: September 12, 2010, 02:36:17 AM

Again, I am sorry if I gave the wrong impression but I do not believe I deserved the name calling or accusations. 

Welcome to Fight Club. If this is your first time, you have to fight.  why so serious?

Relax - the warning is that if all you are here to do is follow around a red name and / or gush heavily over a single title, you probably won't last. Post in a few different conversations, be aware that people on these forums can be old and grumpy and you'll be fine. If you feel strongly about anything around politics and / or religion, stay out of the Politics forum.

HorRIFTic
Terracotta Army

Reply #403 on: September 12, 2010, 02:45:57 AM

Welcome to Fight Club. If this is your first time, you have to fight.  why so serious?

Relax - the warning is that if all you are here to do is follow around a red name and / or gush heavily over a single title, you probably won't last. Post in a few different conversations, be aware that people on these forums can be old and grumpy and you'll be fine. If you feel strongly about anything around politics and / or religion, stay out of the Politics forum.

I probably won't venture much into the Politics forums except to read.  I find arguing about politics on internet forums is akin to beating ones head against the wall. awesome, for real

As far as falling a "red" name around, I had no idea Scott Hartsman posted here when I clicked on the link in my blog's referrer.  I simply noticed that I had a number of hits from this forum and wondered why, especially since the name of the forum seemed to have nothing to do with Rift.  

I may or may not post in other threads depending on how the mood strikes me.  I have posted in a couple of other gaming threads here, namely Global Agenda, but I haven't much to say about many of the other MMOs out there.  I have tried them all and found most of them lacking, I played WoW and DAoC for four years but both are shadows of their former selfs.  Rift is the only MMO I am actively following right now, which makes discussing others in threads kind of pointless.

That being said, I do enjoy reading many of the threads here on F13 and will contribute when I have something to say or when I actually have something worth contributing.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 02:52:42 AM by HorRIFTic »

HorRIFTic Intentions
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #404 on: September 12, 2010, 06:01:10 AM

The problem is no one knows who you are.  I recommend posting an introduction thread in the General Forums.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #405 on: September 12, 2010, 08:10:35 AM

The problem is no one knows who you are.  I recommend posting an introduction thread in the General Forums.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Select
Write Message
Beware of trap
x
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #406 on: September 12, 2010, 09:04:02 AM

I did? I meant the game is going to suck because it's just another poor copy of a copy. Let me try to summarize my reasoning in video.

This is WoW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPuhmAhM93Q

This is war and rift:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w5l8aaMFKE

Edit: I see now. I guess I didn't read back far enough when I posted. But it's all the same. This game has the same hype surrounding it, and I'm sure plenty of people old and new will be dropping to their knees as beta/release get closer.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 09:15:36 AM by LC »
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #407 on: September 12, 2010, 09:14:34 AM

I did? I meant the game is going to suck because it's just another poor copy of a copy. Let me try to summarize my reasoning in video.

This is WoW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPuhmAhM93Q

This is war and rift:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w5l8aaMFKE

...and this is Eve?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh6y_UTp5wI

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #408 on: September 12, 2010, 09:19:21 AM

Hartsman
Developers

Trion

Reply #409 on: September 12, 2010, 09:38:33 AM

Welcome to Fight Club. If this is your first time, you have to fight.  why so serious?

...and then, after about three or four years of that, people may grudgingly accept that you're not going away.  Get off my lawn!

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #410 on: September 12, 2010, 09:42:12 AM

It doesn't stop us from trying. Grin

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
HorRIFTic
Terracotta Army

Reply #411 on: September 12, 2010, 03:39:11 PM

Thanks folks.  I may have over-reacted a bit, was just kinda surprised at some of the posts after mine.  One thing that is easily forgotten when posting on forums is that every forum has its own 'personality' and you have to realize that when you post.  This one seems to have a very interesting personality!  awesome, for real

HorRIFTic Intentions
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #412 on: September 12, 2010, 03:59:18 PM

Thanks folks.  I may have over-reacted a bit, was just kinda surprised at some of the posts after mine.  One thing that is easily forgotten when posting on forums is that every forum has its own 'personality' and you have to realize that when you post.  This one seems to have a very interesting personality!  awesome, for real

Schizophrenia and mild psychosis are sometimes defined as interesting, yes.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #413 on: September 12, 2010, 04:53:42 PM

Anyone have a bear-poking emote?
Hartsman
Developers

Trion

Reply #414 on: September 12, 2010, 06:06:33 PM

Anyone have a bear-poking emote?

Nope, just a poking-bear link.  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39088022

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #415 on: September 12, 2010, 07:03:09 PM

Bestiality already?

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #416 on: September 12, 2010, 07:14:15 PM

this guy looks legit

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #417 on: September 12, 2010, 08:41:07 PM

He's referring to me.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #418 on: September 12, 2010, 09:15:17 PM

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #419 on: September 13, 2010, 11:11:00 AM

Guys, I am not sure where the venom toward me has come from. 

Welcome to F13. We eat our own young.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 97 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Rift: Planes of Telara  
Jump to: