Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 01:14:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Eve becoming cool again 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eve becoming cool again  (Read 151679 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: March 14, 2015, 04:39:25 PM

Ahh yes. The "I have sekret knowledge so deep that your tiny brain cannot possibly comprehend what is happening" line. I remember when BOB said the same shit about "you cannot understand what happening because you cannot see the game like we so. We see the Macro game" And how much people laughed at that. Its nice to see all the classics make a rerun.

What I really don't understand is why you want to make yourself look so ridiculous in order to "show up" what is just another random guy on the internet. I guess that's also part of the deep sekret plan that I could never comprehend...  Ohhhhh, I see.

In other news, Lazers suck ass against angels :S

Hic sunt dracones.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: March 14, 2015, 07:38:44 PM

I have no idea who these brave people are other than having heard that they're a new alliance, but if they're some kind of shitlords and everybody hates them I don't see it being all that odd for the other alliances to cease-fire long enough to give them a beatdown.  There doesn't have to be any Machiavellian back-room plotting going on for one team to get their shit ruined in a three-way fight.  It happened all the time in Planetside.  If there was any sort of collusion, I could easily imagine it being on the level of, "Hey fuck these guys, they're assholes.  You want to have a truce until we kick their ass?"  "Sure."
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: March 14, 2015, 08:05:46 PM

They are an alliance full of newbies that recruit newbies that PL are picking on to get "good fites" they cant lose. The alliance is only 2 years old. They take Pilots a day old and bring them to Null

http://www.bravenewbies.org/joining-brave-newbies/

They also on the other side of Empire to Goons so Goons didn't accidentally blunder in and join forces in an alliance of convenience.

That's what has everyone saying "fuck PL" PL needed Goons to take on a bunch of newbs.

So yeah, hardly Shitlords... But apparently I'm stupid for believing in the existence of Machiavellian plans because I don't understand enough about what's going on to understand the Machiavellian plans.  swamp poop *head hurts*  Ohhhhh, I see.

But hey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV5lzRHrGeg

Hic sunt dracones.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: March 14, 2015, 10:43:02 PM

If that's true, PL has fallen pretty damn far.  Back when I last had any kind of exposure to them, they were certainly not pussies.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: March 15, 2015, 02:36:21 AM

Ahh yes. The "I have sekret knowledge so deep that your tiny brain cannot possibly comprehend what is happening" line. I remember when BOB said the same shit about "you cannot understand what happening because you cannot see the game like we so. We see the Macro game" And how much people laughed at that. Its nice to see all the classics make a rerun.

What I really don't understand is why you want to make yourself look so ridiculous in order to "show up" what is just another random guy on the internet. I guess that's also part of the deep sekret plan that I could never comprehend...  Ohhhhh, I see.

In other news, Lazers suck ass against angels :S

GIA director and member of the unholy triumvirate that runs the most powerful alliance and bloc in eve history in "I know more than one of Eve's four most idiotic posters" shock.  More news as it comes in.

Also, to correct "Sir" T yet again, PL are picking on BNI because they turn out with large numbers and because they complain like fuck after every fight on the forums.  BNI have killed a couple of PL titans in this conflict and successfully defended most of the objectives, so things are always worth looking at in rather more detail than someone who tries to paint it in simplistic terms would have you believe.

It has a lot to do with the need to find things to do since the run-up to the new sov system has left people kicking their heels.  Why embark on a grind campaign when the next system apparently will offer such advantages to the attacker?  Although, comically, someone is about to do just that.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 02:42:08 AM by Endie »

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: March 15, 2015, 08:26:47 AM

Heh, I was just making silly suggestions in reply to silly posts.

If you don't want to look bad, next time [...]

Since when do goons care about what pubbies think about them?  It's kinda perplexing that you've taken that point of view, given how long you've played and your past goon membership.

Brave Newbies have nurtured an image of themselves that they are the very essence of carebears transported to null, and victoriously making it.  Very popular with the high-sec population.  And maybe they are that, but null is null, and they have to deal with their neighbors in the kind of PVP politics arena that null is.  It's quite similar to taking a WoW player and introducing him to EVE PVP.

As far as revealing inside information about what happened, this is a public forum, you get that, right?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: March 15, 2015, 11:09:06 AM

Since when do goons care about what pubbies think about them?  It's kinda perplexing that you've taken that point of view, given how long you've played and your past goon membership.

Yes, it is interesting that the goons now seem to care very much. The screaming of Endie here kind of plays against that stereotype. Would he have gone so screamingly and hilariosly insane if he just didn;t care what a random pubbie thought? And I was pretty amused to see the reaction to one guy paying people to hunt goon assets in Empire. It was "HAHAHAHAAA you lowly fool cannot  possibly affect our HUGE MONEYMAKING OPERATION!!" Even the mighty Endie himself showed up on his blog to make big sneerage at his ineffectiveness.

I mean for evidence. look at the hilarious "we didn't want those POCOs anyway" and "you just don't understand the true plans" comments when Goons gave up all their highsec POCOs last march due to a campaign of people hitting them. After a huge post campaign about how little they cared about the campaign, and then ordering RVB to defend them.

http://greedygoblin.blogspot.hu/2014/03/goons-didnt-want-these-regions-anyway.html

The fact is, Goons care very much about their status.They always did.  They care about their status between themselves. They want to be seen as the high and mighty and "don't give a fuck". They want people to care about them. They want to intimidate people with how crazy, powerful, and dangerous they are. They care every bit as much as BOB used to. Its the paradoxical thing about goons but while they say they don't give a damn about what people think, they will leap aboard bandwagons like lemmings in order to be with the "cool" crowd. I was at the wrong end of that myself.

In any case Just to answer Endie

*Blubber about how well Brave did in the war*

You did notice the "on paper should not have a chance" bit in my post, didn't you?  Ohhhhh, I see. And it does not alter the fact that you came running to the aid of "hostiles" when they needed it. Hostiles my ass. You probably need them freed up because...

*Blubber about I AM THE SPIEMASTER and YOU CANT KNOW ANYTHING Followed by his waving his secret infos in my face becasue he does not care what I think.*

Although, comically, someone is about to do just that.

Yes, good times about to be had in Fountain, so I hear.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 11:12:02 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: March 15, 2015, 11:37:27 AM

Moving on to something much more interesting than pointless dick waving contests,  here's the ratting graphs for Febuary

Basically, High and Low sec ratting drops along with server population. Nullsec ratting is stable. So CCP fucoses on Null despitre a stable population while Losing Players in Empire. Sounds like a winning strategy to me.

Trends are interesting too

Rats killed by nullsec region

Basicly the successful alliances do lots of ratting, despite all the "PVP mighty! Carebears bad! rawr rawr!" crap that's posted everywhere.

All these graphs and tables from http://greedygoblin.blogspot.ie/2015/03/february-ratting-data.html (Bonus; short Endie appearence in the comments)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 11:39:46 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: March 15, 2015, 03:42:39 PM

On queue, big scrap today in Aradia, around Hophib, which N3 is apparently using as a staging area to attack Fountain. Dunno who won, probably CFC.

Nice to see SOMETHING happening in Null.

Hic sunt dracones.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: March 19, 2015, 04:03:05 PM

Eve Fanfest Keynote showed some cool beans stuff such as this Emergent Threat CCP trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3060a8NkOk&feature=player_detailpage

Structures being redone, can be put anywhere, have a fitting screen, can be pilotable, stargates, observatories for information warfare, capital mooring and other stuff. Ghost fitting that is like EFT in eve and a new, new player experience and high resolution textures to be made available. More news on the new structures from the twitch stream on Saturday [eve footnote is on the first day this year instead of the last].

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 04:05:47 PM by Meester »
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: March 20, 2015, 08:42:50 AM

Ah, the annual celebration over shit that, for the most part, we'll never actually see is upon us again.

I wonder if Hilmar's Tesla runs on concentrated space dreams.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: March 20, 2015, 07:30:42 PM

To be fair to CCP these days, they seem to be 'delivering' atm, especially with their new expansion model. I still don't trust Hilmar.

Oh and Camel Empire defeated the Serenity team, 3-1. Yay space yachts for Tranquility. The Jackdaw and Hectate are the upcoming t3 destroyers for caldari & gallente respectively.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: March 21, 2015, 02:03:23 PM

CCp just released structures dev blog - http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/back-into-the-structure/ - plus a couple of pictures of the new tech 3 destroyers shown at fanfest

Jackdaw

Hecate

« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 02:48:18 PM by Meester »
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: June 14, 2015, 10:45:19 AM

So the new starmap is around however no one is using it and are sticking to the old one because scanning is pretty poor in this beta starmap. Fighter delegation has been removed from carriers and supercarriers. Damage control modules got a new icon that doesn't fit with the rest of the icons. Caldari t3 destroyer was released and new player tutorials was redesigned. Other stuff like an Ishtar rebalance, slight t3 cruiser balance. First part of entosis module interaction with outposts has been put in place along with an occupancy defence multiplier. New overview icons that are no longer squares but don't scale well [welp].
Can now enter Drifter wormholes. Other stuff that I cannot be bothered to post.

Whats to come a buff to heavy missile damage [5% atm], t3 gallente destroyer, new missile modules that can use scripts. Fleet warp getting nerfed, can no longer warp members to something they themselves cannot warp directly to [i.e probe results], more missile hp incoming too.

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: June 28, 2015, 03:23:22 PM

FCs not being able to fleetwarp people to probe results is a good thing. Too many people these days thinking they are hot shit getting warped to targets by one dude and getting told to press F1.

Maybe next year we'll get stacking penalties for remote repairs and fleet fights become interesting again.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: July 01, 2015, 05:51:46 AM

How do you share probe locations now?  Can the probe ship warp the whole gang?  Or do you have to jettison locations in a can?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: July 01, 2015, 09:41:06 AM

If the probe ship is the leader he can simply warp the whole gang to his contact. if the nerf goes through he will warp to the target and the then the gang will warp to him.

So it will take a few extra seconds and a right click to be shit hot rather than pressing F1 once.

I have to say I'm probably going to unsub. Quite frankly, the game is very pretty with a very good economic model but the actuall game is boring as fuck compared to some others I am playing. I get more enjoyment out of just logging into to GW2 for half an hour to run dailys than for a few hours of eve, even if I make hundreds of milllions of isk in exploration which I have in one day on occasion.

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: August 31, 2015, 05:50:20 PM

https://www.themittani.com/news/drifter-incursions-suspended-due-technical-difficulties

On August 27, CCP Falcon posted news that the new Drifter incursions (coined Sleeper incursions) are to be suspended from EVE due to "performance issues." Drifter incursions are the only new PVE feature made available with the recent Galatea content update on August 25, and their dismissal for the time being is sure to disappoint some capsuleers.

Technical limitations on CCP server nodes are being hailed as the issue behind pulling the new feature.  However, the details surrounding these issues have not been discussed by CCP in further detail.  The temporary removal of the Drifter incursions comes at a time when CCP is pushing the Drifters as a huge capsuleer threat to the player base.  Drifter incursions are similar to Sansha incursions, although were supposedly limited to nearby Amarr space in-line with the recent storyline events driven by CCP.  

As CCP works out the kinks, many are still eagerly anticipating this added PVE addition to EVE. The news was quickly crossposted to the EVE subreddit. “Sleeper incursions, even if not an original content at the core, had a lot of work behind them. The AI for imperial fleets, the drifter BS design, both visual and mechanical, the expanding nature of it. It may not all show right away, and may be even invisible if you don't interact with the feature, but there had to be a lot of work put into it, and there's quite a few hours of gameplay to be had with it, so it is content, if, perhaps, not for everyone,” commented Skaer on the eve-subreddit, “I'm starting to think that CCP really do need to test things more before releasing. This was the only big feature of this release.”

press release

DEFENCE OF THE THRONE WORLDS CONTENT DISABLED

2015-08-27 19:35 By CCP Falcon

We have decided to suspend the Defence of the Throne Worlds incursions for the time being due to performance issues experienced on the nodes running them.

While we investigate and fix the problem that is causing the performance issues, we have taken the feature offline to limit disruption to players and developers alike, and prevent any unnecessary loss of ships. We will keep the community updated as to when the feature will be back online, and hope to have the issue resolved soon.

In the meantime, for those players who ​are keeping pace with current storyline events, the war between the Drifters and the Amarr Empire continues to roll on. It will however be a little quieter until this feature is back online.

CCP. Can't even manage an NPC invasion without fucking it up.

Hic sunt dracones.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #193 on: August 31, 2015, 06:01:45 PM

D-E-F-E-N-S-E

It's not the removal of a goddamn property border.

That really says it all.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: September 02, 2015, 10:53:51 AM

Basically, High and Low sec ratting drops along with server population. Nullsec ratting is stable. So CCP fucoses on Null despitre a stable population while Losing Players in Empire. Sounds like a winning strategy to me.

Given the results of that focus High and Low might well breath a sigh of relief.  Nerfing the shit out of big battles, useful roles for capitals and deployment was a huge mistake IMO.  No one is going to read about trollceptors and feel inspired to play the game, whereas B-R and the like always produced measurable subscriber bumps.  Big wars didn't just inspire difficult to covert newbies either, plenty of bitter vets (me included) would subscribe only when a grudge match was going down.  I've felt no compulsion to play since they bought in space aids, that shit is weak.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: October 02, 2015, 01:55:27 PM

Eve Online roadmap update - http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/eve-online-roadmap-update-winter-2015-spring-2016/

Citadels and cap rebalance in spring, Crimson harvest, new t2 destroyers, brain in a box, falloff added to neuts and remote rep/transfer modules, tribute, kill marks and other stuff.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: October 18, 2015, 02:37:00 AM

The latest dumfuck cash Idea from CCP... you can buy Skillpoints with RL money!! (Kinda)

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/exploring-the-character-bazaar-skill-trading/

Exploring The Character Bazaar & Skill Trading
2015-10-15 10:55 By Team Size Matters | Comments

Let's talk a bit about the Character Bazaar!

In case you aren't familiar, here's how it works currently: we provide a character transfer service that allows anyone to move characters from one of their accounts to any other account at a price of two PLEX per transfer. Based on this capability, we have a forum section where players trade characters between each other for ISK.

Not only does the Character Bazaar discourage people from participating in illegal account sales on eBay and other sites, it also creates a path to make dramatic changes in your progression in EVE. As a player, the Character Bazaar is how I made the switch from being a 15 million skillpoint Interceptor pilot to being a 33 million skillpoint Battleship pilot. I was able to afford it using the ISK I had earned in my first year plus the sale value of my character. This ability to either accelerate or change your character progression quickly is something players clearly appreciate having, as evidenced by the 70 or so character transfers that happen every day, and it’s also something we feel matches EVE’s core design which is focused on player control above all else.

While there’s a lot of things we like about the Bazaar, it also has some problems. For example, you would never know it existed from actually playing the game, 3rd party services are nearly essential when trying to shop for the right character, and you are forced into an awkward auction system using the forum thread which often leaves both buyer and seller unsure if they are getting a fair deal. On top of all that, you have to accept that you don’t get any personalization of the character you’re buying. The name, exact skill distribution and reputation are all set before you buy. That part really hits home for me because when I made that jump from 15mil SP to 33mil SP I went from being called ‘Turbo Dinosaur’ to being called ‘Kil2’. Puke. I also found out, after the fact, that Kil2 had been involved in some kind of corp theft which meant I had to deal with negative reputation issues for years afterwards.

For those reasons, we’ve been wanting to take a look at improving the Bazaar for some time now. Recently, we’ve seen new threads emerging where EVE players discuss options to help new players with progression. The combination of your threads and our Character Bazaar evaluation together were that extra kick in the pants to get us into gear.

We quickly realized that to make a significant improvement to using the Bazaar, we would be looking at a large web feature for browsing, buying, and selling characters. Even if we hit that work out of the park, we would still have an experience outside the client that is hard to discover and fairly inconvenient to use. Why not instead move the experience into the client? By doing that we increase discoverability and we can avoid the awkward auction system.

We also discovered that the vast majority of complexity involved in character sales goes away if you make them more granular. Rather than requiring that characters be sold whole, we could allow them to be broken up and sold in chunks. This means that buyers get to retain all the individuality associated with their characters and sellers can make some money off their training mistakes or unused skills without having to part ways with an entire character.

I’m sure by now you’re ready to hear some details. We are still in pretty early stages so please remember that everything below may change, but we think it’s valuable for you to be able to concentrate feedback on something concrete so here goes.

High level:

There will be a new item type called ‘Transneural Skill Packet’ that can be consumed to give any character unallocated skillpoints
    A Transneural Skill Packet is created by extracting some of your trained skills and combining them with a ‘Transneural Skill Extractor’ which can be purchased in the New Eden Store for Aurum (The Transneural Skill Extractor is analogous to the PLEX service fee in the character bazaar).Both Transneural Skill Extractors and Transneural Skill Packets can be freely traded on the market for ISK

Zooming in:

Creating a Transneural Skill Packet requires approximately 500,000 skillpoints (we will fiddle with this number a bit to make it most practical considering common skill level denominations)
    Characters with less than 5 million skillpoints may not use Skill Extractors, they can still use Skill Packets
    Trial characters may not consume Skill Packets
    Extractors are consumed on creating Packets and Packets are consumed on use
    Characters consuming a Transneural Skill Packet will receive the following amounts of unallocated skillpoints, based on the total skillpoints trained before consumption:

0 – 5 million skillpoints = 500,000 unallocated skillpoints added
    5 – 50 million skillpoints = 400,000 unallocated skillpoints added
    50 – 80 million skillpoints = 200,000 unallocated skillpoints added
    > 80 million skillpoints = 50,000 unallocated skillpoints added

As you can see, this design favors skill transfers for younger characters and makes them very inefficient for older characters. We’ve designed it this way so that we protect the prestige associated with long commitment to a single character.

Why have diminishing returns at all? We want to make sure training decisions are still very important and that rapid respeccing of skills is not an efficient choice at any point. Note that respeccing below 5mil SP is not possible because characters that new are not allowed to create the SP items.

Feedback on how exactly to set up the diminishing returns, or even alternate ideas to reach the same goals would be very helpful here. We think we are in the ballpark but getting the numbers right is very important.

By putting more control of your characters in your hands we hope to improve the game for everyone. Whether you’re an older player who would rather have ISK than those mining skills you don’t use any more, a clever new player looking to invest your fortune into your character, a Corp leader trying to move everyone into a new doctrine or someone like me who just realized that they would rather fly Armageddon’s than Stilettos, this feature has you covered. This all fits nicely to our overall game design philosophy of giving you control over your experience through cooperation and competition with each other.

There is a lot to be careful about here though, and we understand that. The skill system is a fundamental part of EVE so we need to make sure we account for all outcomes, which is why we're talking to you now. We hope that because this feature is modeled from the Character Bazaar, a long-standing and well-established feature, we are already pointed in a good direction. We would like feedback on everything from how the diminishing returns work to what ways you could see this feature being exploited to what ISK price to expect a Skill Packet to fetch so please let us know what you think.

Oh, and one last note on the Bazaar, it won't go anywhere for now. It still offers something unique and valuable so we don't see a need to remove it. We just think this is our best route to providing a better skill trading experience.

Looking forward to your feedback

$ - CCP Rise on behalf of Team Size Matters

Hic sunt dracones.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: October 19, 2015, 07:42:07 PM

Everyone is against it; don't really care personally.  People have to take the skill points out of their heads in order to make them available, and not many will do that (I certainly won't).  So it'll be a tiny supply and a huge demand; and so what's the difference between spending 40 billion ISK + PLEX on a 60m SP character vs. spending 40 billion + PLEX on 40m skill points that people have to take out of their heads first?

Tinfoil hat conspiracy theory:  I think CCP is preparing the way for removing capital ships from the game.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: October 20, 2015, 12:25:09 AM

If this allowed us to choose where the skillpoints came from and to trash a skill book that's been read I'd happily donate the skills to a newbie.. I'm so sick of my pure Minmatar having controlled bursts 5 :D

Rookie mistake

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #199 on: October 23, 2015, 06:01:24 PM

EVE Vegas Citadels and Capital Ship Rebalance from Day 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8K9b7CEWOE

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 06:17:16 PM by Meester »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #200 on: November 06, 2015, 03:19:57 AM

Well shit.  A one off comment based on my playing years ago just netted me over 3k Reddit karma. Thanks for the memoriesF13 wackadoos.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #201 on: November 06, 2015, 10:01:18 AM

Got a link?  I'm slightly curious.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #202 on: November 06, 2015, 10:45:30 AM

It was possibly the most banal comment I could have made. Meant to be a joke that a few Eve folks would chuckle at and move on.

Guess it touched a nerve.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/3rnr4b/screenshot_of_one_of_the_biggest_battles_that/

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #203 on: November 07, 2015, 12:27:49 PM

This was linked in there as well... which does bring back a lot of sweet memories of the Mature gamers in Eve Online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmS9vcVNr5A

Hic sunt dracones.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #204 on: November 07, 2015, 05:24:15 PM

That video is beautiful.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: November 09, 2015, 12:09:59 PM

That video is beautiful.

I agree, the sperging is truly exquisite.

Brain in the box has been delivered and there are a few [this is very surprising for such a rework of core systems] hiccups like fleet boosters not always working [there are ways to get around this], wonky reinforcement timers for pos's and customs offices [but since pos's are getting replaced, I don't really care]
and a few other things that havn't really impacted the game horribly. All in all we should thank the devs for a smooth implementation and know that they will continue to bug fix BiaB. Jump fatigue now has a maximum of 5 days much reduced from 30 though apparently anyone who knew what they were doing didn't get it up to 30 days in the first place, whatever. There is a new beta probe window out which can be used alongside the beta map and the old probe window and map window. There are still a few niggles for these beta widnows that need to be sorted out before I contemplate using them. D-scan appears in the new map window [shame it is the same colour as sigs], huzzah!

Crimson harvest is over and it was a great success. Jukebox is back in some form in the audio[?] settings. Anyway tick the box if you preferred the old jukebox.

Drifters supposed to back tomorrow with their Incursions possibly or in some form

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #206 on: November 09, 2015, 01:05:28 PM

That video is beautiful.

And awful at the same time. Much like Eve.

With no sound I could be compelled to play again. With the sound I'm reminded of all the reasons I quit in the first place.

I wish there was a PvE/ solo space game as gorgeous as EvE with 1/1000 the "sit here and wait."

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: November 09, 2015, 07:31:06 PM

All in all we should thank the devs for a smooth implementation and know that they will continue to bug fix BiaB.

Yeah, whatever.

That video is beautiful because it's a FIFY of this official video.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #208 on: November 25, 2015, 03:14:54 AM

So from what I'm reading on r/Eve, the (very recently retired) head of the CIA found out that the President was corrupt, and told a reporter from the Wall Street Journal. The reporter promised not to tell anyone the source of the leek, and then immediately told his friend (who he completely trusted!), who posted it on the internet in plain text. Congress is now demanding the Supreme Court impeach the President.

It will make an amazing episode of the Eve TV series, or a spin off kickstarter by John Le Carre.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
DayDream
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: November 25, 2015, 05:12:11 AM

I ain't know shit about Eve but what I read once in a while, and I only get a general idea from looking at the rabbit hole.

This feels like the cycle completing itself.  Players in a position of power use shady RL shit in some form.  Some upstart gets pissed, and goes after their position.  After a long drawn out conflict, the corruption within the old powerful organization takes it's toll, and they fall from power.  The new rulers take the throne and slowly becomes what they once hated.

And so goonswarm becomes bob or whatever, and on down the line.  Probably happened a long ass time ago, honestly.

For what it's worth, this has always been the real problem with RMT.  People can't take it easy, and get way too much real life shit caught up in something as fluid as ones and zeros in a video game.  Patch notes come or someone decides to invade and boom, now some idiot can't pay their rent.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 05:14:01 AM by DayDream »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Eve becoming cool again  
Jump to: