Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 09:30:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Wii game recommendations? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wii game recommendations?  (Read 2703 times)
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

on: February 08, 2008, 02:29:06 PM

I got a Wii and Mario Galaxy today. As well as the pack with the extra controller and party games.

I'm thinking of:

The two Trauma Center games, Resident Evil: Umbrella, and Fire Emblem.

I'm not really interested in Metroid simply because I am old school about Metroid and prefer it as a platformer. I'm also leary of that new sword game errr...Killer 7 I think it's called?

So, with that in mind, any recommendations?

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 02:32:44 PM

As a card-carrying member of the Sony club, I still have to admit that I enjoy playing Wii Sports a little tiny bit.

But that's all, I swear.

Yeah, I spent $50 on my niece to get her Mario Galaxy for Christmas....
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 02:36:47 PM

The 360 is still my favorite console. The Wii is for my daughter and I to have fun together, and maybe, a tiny bit, for me to try to exercize. Which will probably result in me having a heart attack but oh well.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 02:37:34 PM

Taste-dependent.  I enjoyed Super Paper Mario.  And Battalion Wars 2

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 09:37:30 PM

I really disliked Mario Galaxy, but I seem to be in the minority there.

Rent it.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 10:11:53 PM

Wii Sports, if it wasn't already packed in.
Mario Party if you like minigames.

The sword game is No More Heroes (from the makers of Killer 7)

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 12:47:13 AM

I dig Excite Truck. It's stupid fun. Rampage is a good group game. I've enjoyed playing WarioWare and Raving Rabbids at parties.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 07:59:26 AM

Well, here is my current Wii library:

Wiisports
Wiiplay (stupid game but at least I got a controller.)
Trauma Center: New Blood
Naruto-fighting game
Mario Galaxy

So far Wiisports has seen the most play by far. In fact, everyone in the house is walking around rubbing their arms and groaning today.

Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 02:15:36 PM

Not counting Virtual Console stuff and Wii Sports, I would say Excite Truck and Metal Slug Anthology are pretty solid bets, as is Fire Emblem.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 02:57:42 PM

Can't go wrong with Super Mario World and Super Metroid.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 03:54:37 PM

Rent Twilight Princess. You will enjoy it for a little while, and then you won't want to play it anymore. Hence, why you rent it!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 04:06:55 PM

Wii Sports Golf is especially fun if you turn off all the meters and stuff. (By holding down 1 or 2 when you select it)

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 11:30:06 AM

Red Steel. Yeah, fuck all you haters, I loved it. A  this guy looks legit on your houses.

Call of Duty 3 is decent.
Prince of Persia is a great game, but if you have a 360, you may want that version since the waggle doesn't really add anything.
Trauma Center only if you can stand anime soap operas. I can't.
If you want a crazy stupid fighting game, Dragonball Z 2 (and probably 3) can be fun.
Metroid is something you shouldn't miss.

Do not play any EA Sports games, other than maybe Tiger Woods. They are pale abominations of actual sports games. Also, Driver sucks monkey balls.

Rent No More Heroes before you buy it, because it's going to be a very subjective experience. I disliked it.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 12:45:05 PM

Do not play any EA Sports games, other than maybe Tiger Woods. They are pale abominations of actual sports games. Also, Driver sucks monkey balls.

I've read that the Madden Wii controls add alot to the game, especially rushing. That has made me consider getting it.

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 01:23:53 PM

Wii sports (if it didn't already come)
Zelda
Excite Truck
Rampage
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz (though some of the mini-games are buggy and uncharacteristically unpolished…)

Haven't had time to mess with Battalion Wars II sans the intro segments and initial campaign, seems decent, but I need more time with to properly assess…

Meh:
Madden - though my aversion might be that for 15 years, have played this game with A/B/C controller (or triangle, square, etc.…) controller and I just can't get around all the wii-moting for the EA sports titles (I have FIFA 2008 and the sentiment is similar…)

Stay away from:
Wing Island

Haven't seen enough to evaluate:
Lego Star Wars

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 02:29:34 PM

I've read that the Madden Wii controls add alot to the game, especially rushing. That has made me consider getting it.

I've reviewed both 2007 and 2008 on my blog. 2007 was good, 2008 was a fucking crying shame of a joke. It was buggy as shit, including one bug that had your QB throw the ball as soon as you snapped it to your primary receiver, which usually meant an INT or your receiver getting caught out on a busted screen. Unless you have to have the latest rosters, stay the fuck away from 2008 and get 2007 on the cheap. The FIFA is a fucking travesty. The NBA Live would be ok, if it weren't for the fact that the menus are made to actively discourage you from doing anything besides playing one-off games.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Wii game recommendations?  
Jump to: