Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:40:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2250764 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1890 on: October 20, 2009, 02:06:37 PM

And yes, you can pick up Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts: Covenant when you pick up a PS2.  Thank me later and wonder how they aren't often mentioned ahead of the FFs.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

-Rasix
schild
Administrator

Reply #1891 on: October 20, 2009, 02:07:53 PM

Thank me later and wonder how they aren't often mentioned ahead of the FFs.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

They tend to be. Well, here at least.

Anyway:
http://wiki.f13.net/index.php/Recommendations:_PS2

Final Fantasy X and XII are on that list, but not because *I* wanted them to be.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1892 on: October 20, 2009, 02:23:31 PM

Thank me later and wonder how they aren't often mentioned ahead of the FFs.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

They tend to be. Well, here at least.

Yes, in fact I mentioned it back on page 51 of this very thread. 

But yeah, as mentioned all PS3's can play PS1 games, and Square's output on PS1 is a million times better than the stuff they released on the PS2.  If you've already played VII and VIII, I'd recommend branching out and trying to find Xenogears, Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve 1, and maybe Chrono Cross if you can find them for decent prices and haven't already played them.  If you don't have FFT on the PSP you might want to get the PS1 version of that as well.  Also, for reasons I can't really describe, I really loved Legend of Mana, although it doesn't tend to get much mention from people these days.  If you want to play the older FF games (1 and 2, and 4-6) you could either get the PS1 games, or if you have a DS, get the GBA ports and DS remakes.
WayAbvPar

Reply #1893 on: October 20, 2009, 03:26:41 PM

FIFA 10  DRILLING AND MANLINESS  awesome, for real

Virtual Pro is an interesting thing. make a character, put him in the games player database. He plays whenever you use that team and levels up as you  complete tasks in game. or in the arena, or in practice mode, or anywhere else in FIFA.

Microtransactions out the wazoo to buff thatr player for one or more games without having to work at it? Well, that's one way to make money.

Season 2.0 looks really sweet as well.

But the the one thing that makes me glad I picked it up. It feels, well, real. the pace is picked up. the runs are  fluid. the control incredible. have a player good enough do a  double heel to heel then sprint to do a rainbow flick? in traffic?  while weaving in and out? Totally doable.

Have not touched Manager mode,  Be a pro, online, etcetera.

Achievements are harder this year.

The best soccer game I've ever played. bar none. Might be the sports game I've ever played.

Woohoo! I picked this up this morning. Played three BAP matches, and am really looking forward to exploring the rest of it. If you have it on 360 look me up sometime and you can beat me like a drum online. Unless there is a co-op mode  awesome, for real

This release was timed perfectly, since I was about to break my NHL 10 disc into tiny pieces, eat it, crap it out, and mail it back to EA. The final straw came last night- playing EASHL with 2 teammates. We get to overtime 0-0 in a tight checking game when THIS happens.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1894 on: October 20, 2009, 04:27:20 PM

That. That is fucking clownshoes that is

My only video I posted on FIFA 09. I was determined to make it an interesting one.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 04:42:10 PM by sigil »
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1895 on: October 21, 2009, 07:47:06 AM

I've been busy working, sleeping, and dealing with hyperactive children. I'm in a  NDA, but I've only managed an hour of that. Gaming now is confined to LotRO over lunch.

This family thing is interesting, but it sure takes up a lot of my time.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1896 on: October 21, 2009, 08:40:05 AM

Going to pick up a PS2 today.  I went to best buy and wandered around but didn't buy one last night.  I felt a bit guilty because I thought of all the games that I already own that I should play first..............

I don't feel guilty any more awesome, for real.  Pulling the trigger at lunch.
WayAbvPar

Reply #1897 on: October 21, 2009, 11:15:12 AM

That. That is fucking clownshoes that is

My only video I posted on FIFA 09. I was determined to make it an interesting one.

Bicycle goals are pure  Heart

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1898 on: October 21, 2009, 11:19:30 AM

For the last four days, I've been playing Red Faction: Guerrilla and Brutal Legend side by side. Sandbox heaven! Seriously, I haven't enjoyed gaming this much in a loooooong time.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1899 on: October 21, 2009, 12:06:07 PM

Slow day at work.  Has anyone played any nifty flash games recently?
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1900 on: October 21, 2009, 12:50:37 PM

Yeah, bought the PS2 and about 6 games on Amazon.  The wife is going to keel haul me.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
jth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1901 on: October 21, 2009, 04:57:45 PM

League of Legends beta keys are being distributed now (they posted ~5 mins ago) for everyone who is a fan on Facebook, so I guess I'll be checking that out next.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1902 on: October 21, 2009, 09:15:57 PM

Playing more Uncharted 2.  I have some serious logistical questions about how various people got to various places which are seemingly only connected by narrow planks and crumbly bridges.  On the other hand, this doesn't really detract from the experience.

Also more Mana Khemia 2 today.  It's only now summer break and I'm already getting requests for items with specific attributes.  This is OK, though, since the alchemy system and especially the Ether Level part of it are much better now.  For one thing, there's a list of attributes in the item description once you discover them, and for another the mathematics of Ether Level manipulation are (almost) completely transparent.  And there are descriptions for any attribute that actually does something, which is damn helpful.  And item descriptions also list up to three places where you can get harvestables, assuming you have discovered them.

Finally, I patched up Fallen Earth to v1.1.0a and started a new character (Bucky Goldstein) with the intention of seeing the New Player Experience, but the wife got home right about where I "escaped" Hoover Dam.  All I can really say is that starting up the game is much faster now.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1903 on: October 22, 2009, 07:04:11 AM

Bucky Goldstein

Steven Wright reference?

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1904 on: October 22, 2009, 07:52:23 AM

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1905 on: October 24, 2009, 01:17:53 PM

Picked up a used Shadow of the Colossus for the new PS2.  Killed my first Colossus and got bored.  Maybe try again later, too much running around so far.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1906 on: October 24, 2009, 02:12:55 PM

You can't play it as an action game.  You gotta relax and explore.  There's much about the game that is hidden so don't spoiler yourself.
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1907 on: October 24, 2009, 11:53:40 PM

Been working on 100% LBP and its playing out like SMB3 for me, threw a controller once trying to ace bunker  Heart
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1908 on: October 25, 2009, 05:00:00 AM

The usual Week/weekend fare for me again.

4-player semi-LAN LoTRO. We all got up to 28. Did a bunch more Lone-Lands quests. Grinded up a bunch of my money into useless tradeskills the next day when doing solo bookkeeping crap.
Fallout 3 on PC - finished the core campaign today. Just Point Lookout and Broken Steel to go. Unless I somehow get hold of Mothership: Zeta.
Saints Row 2 co-op n 360 with wife for a couple decent sessions yesterday and today. She's getting better. Still can't drive to save herself, but getting better at shooting and general control.

Erm... that might be it.

Checked out the Valkyria Chronicles PS3 demo finally. I think I'll be buying this next payday. No idea when I'll find time to play it..
On that note, Demons Souls and 6 other games are due to arrive tomorrow. I likey when Play-Asia splits the waiting for stock stuff into a seperate shipment!
When does Borderlands unlock? Tomorrow as well?

ACK!

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1909 on: October 25, 2009, 09:17:09 AM

You can't play it as an action game.  You gotta relax and explore.  There's much about the game that is hidden so don't spoiler yourself.

Yeah, I saw that it wasn't "actiony" right off the bat.  I'm assuming there are a lot of easter egg type activities then.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1910 on: October 25, 2009, 10:23:58 AM

I played a shitload of Arkham Asylum yesterday, and am on the last boss fight now. 

That last Scarecrow scene was fucking  DRILLING AND MANLINESS.  Awesome way to use that fourth wall.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1911 on: October 25, 2009, 01:30:43 PM

Today I put in Uncharted 1 and have been playing through it.  Reminds me a lot of Duck Hunt, but with jumping.  Pretty good story though.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1912 on: October 25, 2009, 01:37:14 PM

Eve Online has had me hooked the last four months.  Trying to get good enough for the push to 0.0 space.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1913 on: October 25, 2009, 01:45:32 PM

Most of my time is eaten up by freelance work.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #1914 on: October 25, 2009, 02:11:46 PM

Just got Prototype via GameFly. Not awful, and I didn't play inFamous, so I don't have a reference point, really. I'm not too far into the game, but so far it seems fun. I get the sense that having to raid military bases to consume guys to get various powers could become tedious if I am forced to do it all the time.

The turnaround time for GF sucks . . . takes about five days to a week to get a new game in the mail when I send the old one back, but I do like the convenience of choosing to keep a game if I like it. I don't think NetFlax does that, which is unfortunate, I'd likely buy a ton more DVDs that way.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1915 on: October 25, 2009, 03:32:30 PM

Just finished my 2nd playthrough of Mass Effect, working on misc. achievements and getting prepped for ME2.  Trying to plan out my gaming for the next three or four months.  Mucking around with Champ Online waiting for my sub to expire.
OcellotJenkins
Terracotta Army

Reply #1916 on: October 25, 2009, 09:15:29 PM

Grabbed some 360 games that I never got around to playing from ebay for super cheap.

Bioshock, Mass Effect, Oblivion, GTA4, and Burnout Revenge, shipped, for around $60 total.  Sometimes it pays to be a patient cheap bastard.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1917 on: October 26, 2009, 07:22:19 AM

Mana Khemia 2
LotRO
Fallen Earth

In a few hours I will be playing Borderlands.

Rasix

Reply #1918 on: October 26, 2009, 07:43:13 AM

Finished Batman AA.  Last three boss fights were  swamp poop  At least the second to last fight was somewhat difficult.  Overall it was a good experience and worth playing, but it feels like they missed an opportunity here to make a really great game.  The combat system held the game back a little as well.  It was pretty to look at but didn't translate well to beating up something other than your standard goon and the mechanics with the knife and cattle prod thugs were kind of dumb.  I don't know where you set the sequel, but lessons learned would go a long way toward making the next one truly awesome.  I think I got oversold here on this game, or I might be a bit less critical.

I guess it's on to Borderlands tonight.  WoW will be transmutes and tradeskills for a while.

-Rasix
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1919 on: October 26, 2009, 08:12:30 AM

Grabbed some 360 games that I never got around to playing from ebay for super cheap.

Bioshock, Mass Effect, Oblivion, GTA4, and Burnout Revenge, shipped, for around $60 total.  Sometimes it pays to be a patient cheap bastard.

We will not hear back from you until 2011!  Have fun.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1920 on: October 26, 2009, 08:16:46 AM

the mechanics with the knife and cattle prod thugs were kind of dumb.

Elaborate?

Or not, I'll be playing Borderlands. Ohhhhh, I see.

Rasix

Reply #1921 on: October 26, 2009, 08:33:32 AM

the mechanics with the knife and cattle prod thugs were kind of dumb.

Elaborate?

Or not, I'll be playing Borderlands. Ohhhhh, I see.

Can't attack knife thugs head on, you have to stun with them first with your cape move (maybe you can batarang them also).  You can't attack cattle prod thugs head on either, you have to evade behind them.  I don't know why held objects prevent Batman from punching something in the face.  He IS Batman.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 08:35:03 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #1922 on: October 26, 2009, 08:50:34 AM

Still playing DDOU.

"Me am play gods"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1923 on: October 26, 2009, 10:29:48 AM

Can't attack knife thugs head on, you have to stun with them first with your cape move (maybe you can batarang them also).  You can't attack cattle prod thugs head on either, you have to evade behind them.  I don't know why held objects prevent Batman from punching something in the face.  He IS Batman.

Oh, right.  Seems sort of silly, Batman can disarm people I assume.  It does break up the monotony by having you jump over people and beat them in the back of the head.  Makes it hard to sustain a combo, though.  If I recall, you need to upgrade the batarang to do knockdowns on those guys since the stun delay sucks, but since I usually get my ass punched (and combo broken) when I do a ground takedown in a crowd, I also didn't bother with the knockdown upgrade for a long time.

The combat system in B:AA actually has some depth to it but it is incredibly non-obvious.  Not that it matters since I am going to leave work soon and play Borderlands.

Rasix

Reply #1924 on: October 26, 2009, 10:39:27 AM

I wish I could go home and play Borderlands.  I do need to take a day off this week to put in the winter lawn (getting colder fast here); perhaps I can combo that into a playing Borderlands with extremely exhausted arm muscles.

-Rasix
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: