Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 01:51:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Choke 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Choke  (Read 2361 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

on: February 22, 2009, 10:25:01 AM

Everyone should watch this, just got it on NetFlix it was really fucking strange.  I want there to be a f13 thread about this movie, plz.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 08:24:25 PM

ok, I put it in the queu. hopefully my gf won't choke on it.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 05:26:27 PM

I'm sitting here and watching this, all the while trying to figure out who the main actress is.

It's Diane from Trainspotting.  How very fitting.

What a great movie.  An instant classic. 
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 08:25:35 PM

Good movie, reminded me of all the pieces of the book I've forgotten since I read it a few years ago.

The book goes a bit more in depth, but overall the movie does it justice. Wacky.

- Viin
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 06:47:49 AM

This movie is very meh though it gives you the feeling that the book is fantastic

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 09:40:30 AM

I really didn't care for the book (despite being a huge fan of Chuck P's work); haven't seen the movie. Might rent it just to see how they compare.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Gobbeldygook
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 01:07:20 PM

I really didn't care for the book (despite being a huge fan of Chuck P's work); haven't seen the movie. Might rent it just to see how they compare.
If you've ever read Schindler's List and seen the movie, it's a pretty good comparison for how faithful the translation is.
---
How could you not like the book?  It gets around his most annoying trait: He feels compelled to shove in retarded twist endings, M. Night Shymalan-style.  The big twist to Choke is that there is no twist!  Compare and contrast this with his other novels where the ending is that the protagonist is the beneficiary of a multi-generational life insurance scam, is a time traveler whose method of time travel is actually more retarded than Donnie Darko's mumbling about copper and water, or traveling around the country having sex with a police officer destroying nursery rhymes in order to save the world.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 08:41:52 PM

To be honest it's been a while, but iirc the ending rubbed me the wrong way.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Choke  
Jump to: