Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 04:16:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Anime recommendations 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anime recommendations  (Read 650118 times)
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1645 on: November 16, 2012, 03:40:21 PM

Guess what just started airing in Japan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV4jBw9Tu2k

(If you said Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0, you'd be right).

E: Well, that's certainly an interesting set of spoilers floating around the net.  swamp poop  ACK!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 03:46:23 AM by Simond »

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1646 on: February 14, 2013, 11:09:22 AM

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Aza
Terracotta Army

Reply #1647 on: February 15, 2013, 08:09:23 PM

And Motoko returns, looking like a kid. Because no one wants to see a so called old lady in anime anymore?  this guy looks legit

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #1648 on: February 16, 2013, 03:09:19 AM

Except for her hair being shit, she looks very much like she did in the other anime.  Now, special artwork and stuff blows it all away, but that doesn't mean this is moe-chan motoko.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #1649 on: February 16, 2013, 06:01:06 AM

Since the new GITS takes place before GITS:SAC etc. it is (almost, since she is a cyborg) logical she looks younger. Unfortunately the new GITS isn't a tv-series but rather 4 50-minute movies that will be released one at a time over the next year(s).
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1650 on: February 16, 2013, 11:21:49 AM

Since the new GITS takes place before GITS:SAC etc. it is (almost, since she is a cyborg) logical she looks younger. Unfortunately the new GITS isn't a tv-series but rather 4 50-minute movies that will be released one at a time over the next year(s).

Well Gundam Unicorn has faired quite well with that format so I'll be cautiously optimistic that this can be in the FateZero-Unicorn vein of story addition and not a chibi GITS now with double the tachikomas cash grab or some other drivel like that.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1651 on: February 17, 2013, 02:45:42 AM

I've just realised I haven't posted the best anime of the winter here yet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl4AXwJYEEk

Girls Und Panzer AKA World of Tanks: The Anime (With Schoolgirls)

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #1652 on: February 17, 2013, 07:58:42 AM

Really?  I watched like half of the first episode and wanted to vomit.  Admittedly that's not giving it much of a chance.  It gets better?

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1653 on: February 17, 2013, 03:49:51 PM

It's a high-school sports anime where the 'sport' happens to be "Tank warfare". If you take it as such, it's a perfectly decent show (which by default makes it better than 95% of the winter season). No panty shots, no incest or lolicon subtext - just a bunch of schoolgirls in their wholesome (tank-warfare-orientated) school club.

Also if you play WoT, I dare you to watch the training battle at the beginning of the series and not think "This is a bunch of pubbies with 50% crews".  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 04:00:20 PM by Simond »

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #1654 on: February 17, 2013, 05:47:18 PM

Really?  I watched like half of the first episode and wanted to vomit.  Admittedly that's not giving it much of a chance.  It gets better?

no it doesn't. at least sch of dead has t&a.

loli + tank doesnt do it.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #1655 on: February 17, 2013, 06:57:54 PM

Right then.  I'll give it another shot.  I figured it'd be another fanservice wankfest for retards which is becoming the norm.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #1656 on: February 17, 2013, 11:02:29 PM

Right then.  I'll give it another shot.  I figured it'd be another fanservice wankfest for retards which is becoming the norm.

Nope, no fanservice at all unless you count tanks or girls pretending to like tanks. Even that doesn't do much for me since they mixed a late war turret and early war air intakes on that Churchill VII.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #1657 on: February 17, 2013, 11:13:37 PM

it isn't even realistic enough. my god, point blank shots on the back armor and it's still up?
how can people miss 20 shots in a row? moving target yes, but they were moving up hill ffs.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1658 on: February 18, 2013, 11:49:55 AM

it isn't even realistic enough. my god, point blank shots on the back armor and it's still up?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_89_I-Go
The main gun on the I-Go was hilariously weak, and British infantry tanks were armoured bricks.
how can people miss 20 shots in a row? moving target yes, but they were moving up hill ffs.
Have you ever played WoT?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #1659 on: February 19, 2013, 11:45:04 AM

Your a stronger man than I.  I made it to about the 5 minute mark before I had to turn it off.  This show is the very definition of lolicon 4chan fan service BS.  ARGH, why do I take advice from this thread!!!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1660 on: February 19, 2013, 08:23:48 PM

Hey my advice is fucking stellar. Not trying to hear that.

If you watched any of that show AND are aware of loli FS like strike witches then its your own damn fault and I don't feel bad for you at all.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #1661 on: February 19, 2013, 09:05:47 PM

Allright, gentlemen.  Let's not Roid out over which brand of cartoon Japanese children we prefer.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #1662 on: February 19, 2013, 09:09:54 PM

this guy looks legit Mmmmmm... children.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1663 on: February 21, 2013, 10:24:08 AM

This show is the very definition of lolicon 4chan fan service BS. 
Either you downloaded the wrong show, or you have a very...unusual definition of 'lolicon'.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #1664 on: February 21, 2013, 01:49:21 PM

This show is the very definition of lolicon 4chan fan service BS. 
Either you downloaded the wrong show, or you have a very...unusual definition of 'lolicon'.
And a very unusual definition of fan service.

Seriously. The show is, or at least as of when I stopped watching it, devoid of anything vaguely involving fan service.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #1665 on: February 22, 2013, 05:54:13 AM

The girls are drawn like 12 year olds, wearing the shortest possible skirts in existence.  They skip around and act in the most cutesy, childish, innocent way possible.  Everything about the art and acting screamed lolicon.  The entire premise of the series is a world where only said lolita girls get to prance around and lean against iconic manly WW2 tanks.  The entire series itself exists as one big fan service.

But oh well, it’s obviously “not for you!”  It was just painful to watch, imo.

If you watched any of that show AND are aware of loli FS like strike witches then its your own damn fault and I don't feel bad for you at all.
Most of that sentence makes no sense to me, so I guess I'm winning.  Or something. 

I haven't watched any anime in the last few years, came in here to glance around.  I've been playing World of Tanks lately, so while I knew the premise sounded stupid, I figured it might be querky fun.  Oops.   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1666 on: February 22, 2013, 11:33:02 AM

The girls are drawn like 12 year olds, wearing the shortest possible skirts in existence.  They skip around and act in the most cutesy, childish, innocent way possible.  Everything about the art and acting screamed lolicon. 
Ah, so for you "anime with japanese schoolgirls" = "lolicon". You'd better stay away from Azumanga Daioh then - one of the girls in that is even younger.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #1667 on: February 22, 2013, 01:23:36 PM

Thank you for ignoring everything I typed.  Or at least implying that every anime that involves school girls has them drawn and acting in this exact same way (hint: they don't).

Bleh, just move on with the thread, sorry for the rant and derail.  Needless to say I disagree with everything you say, but arguing isn't going to help.  On with anime discussion, I'll slink away from this thread for a good long while.

-Stephen Colbert
Aza
Terracotta Army

Reply #1668 on: February 22, 2013, 07:35:18 PM

Thank you for ignoring everything I typed.  Or at least implying that every anime that involves school girls has them drawn and acting in this exact same way (hint: they don't).

Bleh, just move on with the thread, sorry for the rant and derail.  Needless to say I disagree with everything you say, but arguing isn't going to help.  On with anime discussion, I'll slink away from this thread for a good long while.

I definitely agree with you. The worst part about the characterization of most of the young girls in anime these days is how cutesy, innocent, and submissive they are (and those with the facade of being a strong character usually break down anyways). Wtf is up with the ditsy  swamp poop young female commanders and presidents that have no leadership skills, so how did they get where they were anyways? It's like the fake position they are unable to realistically fulfill makes their pathetically meek/submissive personalities OK.

Older shows like Azumanga Daioh and Sailor Moon didn't have so many, or any, of these weak and pathetic female characters. Pardon me being on a soapbox, but what's the deal with it being so hard to find any females characterized well in anime current day. As an example of what makes me so upset is that the most excellent Seirei No Moribito (I.G. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdKiPOkh0K8) anime flops in Japan likely because the protagonist was a strong 30+ old female protagonist that didn't offer fanservice.

awesome, for real Probably not helping us stay on topic here, but at least I linked one of the best animes in recent years.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 07:47:09 PM by Aza »
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #1669 on: February 22, 2013, 08:05:08 PM

Seirei no Moribito is one of my favourite anime -- in large part because of the female lead. Its something we don't see enough of, sadly. An unfortunately large part of anime has gone down the path of utter and complete absurdity (that and breasts the size of Manhatten, but y'know, Japan). More and more I find it hard to watch a large portion of the anime released; it just tends to be childish, moronic, repetitive and downright bad. Thankfully there are some exceptions, though.

As for the recent topic.. I don't see how Girls und Panzer is loli, though. I only watched one episode but it didn't strike that cord with me at all. I didn't see a whole lot that was good about the show, granted, but loli? Not at all.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #1670 on: February 23, 2013, 12:31:15 AM

*goes to look for Seirei no Moribito doujins*

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #1671 on: February 23, 2013, 08:43:48 AM

Easy to find, and well worth the watch.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Aza
Terracotta Army

Reply #1672 on: February 23, 2013, 10:05:27 AM

Lol. If only the series were more popular in Japan it might have been fertile ground for what you might be looking for.  why so serious?

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #1673 on: February 23, 2013, 01:52:07 PM

That's in my A+ list anime. 

And yes, there is doujinshi out there for it. 

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #1674 on: February 23, 2013, 03:45:38 PM

That's in my A+ list anime. 

And yes, there is doujinshi out there for it. 

If that is in your A+ list would you be willing to PM me that list, If that is in your list then your tastes are probably closer to what I'm looking for. There is so much anime out there that I am just trying to skip some of the bad stuff.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #1675 on: February 23, 2013, 04:31:54 PM

I don't have anything typed up, and I have a wide variety of things I like so it's not going to be quite form fitting.  Going through my hard drives I'm cherry picking titles which I remember resonated with me but I have a horrible memory and not only have I missed some but some may not have weathered well since I've watched them.  Also, there are probably 20 times this that are decent watches, but nothing super special.

In no particular order:

Black Lagoon
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Jormungand
The Melencholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Minami Ke
Jogoku Shoujo
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Mushishi
Welcome to the NHK
xxxHolic
Kanon
Puella Magi Modoka Magica
Ergo Proxy
Eve no Jikan
Serial Experiments Lain
Great Teacher Onizuka
Crest of the Stars

And currently I am watching Psycho Pass, which is pretty cool, and Shinsekai Yori which is pretty creepy.

Edit: Forgot to check my shelves too!
Samaurai 7
Monster
FLCL

« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 04:36:58 PM by Bzalthek »

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1676 on: February 23, 2013, 05:05:31 PM

If you like those (I like most of them too), check out Last Exile. Witch Hunter Robin is good too. If you like dark(er) anime, Hellsing is awesome.

Edit to add: And of course, Trigun.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 05:10:06 PM by Viin »

- Viin
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #1677 on: February 23, 2013, 05:38:56 PM

Moribito was good, from the middle to the end, it just had such a slow beginning. I remember it wound up in the 5AM slot on CN. Too bad they didn't pace it better.

I'm mostly watching stuff on crunchyroll nowadays. Of the current crop not much is exciting me.

Mayou has an interesting premise, trying to stop the human/demon war with economic progress. But the absolutely childish relationship between the romantic leads is ruining the show for me. Pretty much all because of the typical sexless anime guy that's afraid of girls/sex.

Blast of Tempest had a good first season and I think it would've been better to end it with a big climax in the last episode instead of drawing things out. The second season's just been ok.

Problem Children from Another World has been good. I think because the guy isn't the kind of sexless loser afraid of girls I like him more than I otherwise would. It also has a very cute/funny ending sequence.

Oreshura had a good first episode then went straight into stereotypical harem territory. Bleh

Unlimited Hyobu Kyosuke has been good. Some decent super powered fight sequences and an anti-hero protagonist (pretty much Magneto fighting for mutants, but they're called ESPers) that's fun to watch.
Aza
Terracotta Army

Reply #1678 on: February 23, 2013, 10:40:42 PM

Some good titles mentioned in the last few posts, I have a few to suggest:

Excel Saga
Claymore
Basilisk
Eureka 7
Record of Lodoss War (not the TV show)
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #1679 on: February 24, 2013, 01:50:14 AM

few more:

GITS:SAC
Code Geass

Legend of Galactic Heroes
Tytania

Level E
Hetalia Axis Powers
Gintama

Durarara!!
Baccano
Eden of the East

Juuni Kokki
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 59 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Anime recommendations  
Jump to: