Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:55:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2252051 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5215 on: October 06, 2011, 11:46:35 AM

Bond is kind of a dick, really, but yeah something about the tone is off.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #5216 on: October 06, 2011, 01:32:14 PM

I kinda gave up on Alpha Protocol. The save system was garbage and their "James Bond" is not any James Bond I remember. Suave apparently means 'douchebag' at Obsidian. It does play much better with a controller, but then the shooter parts are  swamp poop So...glad I got it at bargain bin pricing.
You pretty much have to play him as a sociopath with a gun and a license to kill to have any fun. I ended up quitting about 2/3rds through because the game's combat was just so bad.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #5217 on: October 06, 2011, 03:19:34 PM

I mentioned buying it (Gears) when it first came out but was met with silence. I still need to finish the campaign on it, and I'm trying to get together with my friends for a night of Horde.

I really enjoyed the first Gears, but felt myself really slogging through the second one.  Something about the level design just didn't seem as good to me, and a lot of areas felt overly long.  Didn't really want to make me rush out and buy the third one.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #5218 on: October 06, 2011, 08:36:53 PM

Started Portal 2 (it was 50% off on steam).

Still playing a bit of LoL, but getting annoyed with it.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #5219 on: October 07, 2011, 07:39:43 AM

A fair bit of Gears of War 3.  Campaign actually has a semi-worthwhile story with some interesting turns this time, and Horde mode is even more awesome than 2's (and where most of my time has been spent).  I'm a little surprised that we have 4+ pages of talking about the giant abortion that is Rage, but not a peep about this title.

Working my way slowly through the campaign. Need to jump in and play some MP, hopefully this weekend. The 4 player co-op in the campaign is fantastic. I know console shooters don't get much play around here, but this one is REALLY well done. I like the slower, more deliberate pace of the Gears of War games - it suits using a controller to aim. So far my only complaint, and I know they've all been an 'on-rails' game, but this one does seem a little more so, especially the 2nd Act.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #5220 on: October 08, 2011, 12:50:16 AM

I think the only console shooter I've ever bought was Halo 2 and that felt like a waste of money.

Halo peaked with the first game, although their campaign could have done without the recycled maps.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5221 on: October 08, 2011, 12:51:45 AM

Some more grinding in Disgaea 4. Finally got my main party all to max level, so I'm going through the IW on Rank 34 items trying to unlock the LOC. Fucking Meowkin Pirates refuse to show up.

Also messing around with Glitch. It's got an Animal Crossing/Farmville kind of vibe to it, with some actual exploration stuff thrown in. Not sure how long I'll stick with it, but it's cool to fuck around with when I'm bored.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #5222 on: October 08, 2011, 02:19:11 AM

I need something to play! That works on my laptop which can play stuff like Fallout 3 but not a whole lot more.

I'm desperate!
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #5223 on: October 08, 2011, 09:40:42 AM

I'm still trying to finish the final T'N'T board on Dragon Quest V before I move on to another game.  I must admit, I've definitely gotten my money's worth as I've been trying for 3 months for an hour a day and still haven't won...
Luxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5224 on: October 08, 2011, 10:18:17 AM

Football Manager 12 demo is out, so that will be taking up all my free time for the next fortnight until the full game is released :)
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #5225 on: October 08, 2011, 12:49:52 PM

I need something to play! That works on my laptop which can play stuff like Fallout 3 but not a whole lot more.

I'm desperate!
planescape: torment.  So damn good. 
If you haven't played planescape, do so.
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #5226 on: October 09, 2011, 04:08:25 PM

In addition to Rage, been playing Fear 3, which I picked up a couple weeks ago when it was on sale on Amazon. Really fun co-op campaign that I've been playing with my son, the gunplay is solid, and it is weird enough to feel different than your standard military shooter. The paranormal theme gives the game the excuse to use soldiers, zombies, monsters, robots, superhumans, etc. and it gives it a nice variety. Level design is interesting and frequently disorienting, which you don't see much of these days in FPS games.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5227 on: October 09, 2011, 06:55:12 PM

I played a bit of Homefront casually on the weekend. Got up to the last level, but didn't get around to finishing it. Probably do it tonight. Man this game is SHORT. ..and not very good.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #5228 on: October 09, 2011, 07:04:36 PM

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2.

Basically Pokemon only better imho. More emphasis on combining monsters, more challenging endgame stuff.

Somebody's going to build a better monster taming + monster breeding + monster combat game someday, I just know it. Pokemon, Monster Rancher, DQM Joker--I can feel a better game in there somewhere, something that's like X-Com on the combat but that has more indeterminacy and randomness in the monster combination/breeding. Yeah, yeah, I know, Disgaea and all that, but that's not quite it either. Something where the monster combinations aren't on a fixed tree but are based off of underlying genetics or traits and can produce genuinely unknown or previously unseen final products. Kind of like the old a-life game Creatures.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #5229 on: October 09, 2011, 08:23:40 PM

Picked up Dark Souls. Looking forward to getting like 3 hours into it and dropping it because I have 0 patience anymore.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #5230 on: October 09, 2011, 08:34:46 PM

Playing some Dark Souls as time permits.  Dying a lot.  This turns out to be extremely amusing to a friend who's crashing at my place while house-hunting.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5231 on: October 09, 2011, 09:17:50 PM

The Persona series (and a lot of the SMT games in general) have a deeper monster combination system; have you tried those?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #5232 on: October 09, 2011, 09:33:29 PM

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes lol
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #5233 on: October 10, 2011, 05:22:00 PM

Persona is close to what strokes me on monster combinations. Still haven't really seen Nirvana on this. I'm convinced it's possible. I was sketching out a big system for a possible iOS system game the other day; I think it's actually possible to do.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5234 on: October 10, 2011, 05:56:53 PM

Ah hahaha ha ha ...  what?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #5235 on: October 11, 2011, 01:10:36 AM

Ah hahaha ha ha ...  what?

Some folks from my 1999 EQ1 guild claim they're having a blast in it.

Wikipedia says: "After a long hiatus, new game content was announced at the end of July 2011. A game update was released on Aug 10, 2011, with another at Aug 24, 2011. This corresponded with a surge of players and the community looked forward to new announced content."

I'm sick and bored so I'm shooting things as a newbie ranger. I figured if Aradune designed it, I should pick ranger.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #5236 on: October 11, 2011, 02:44:37 AM

I coulda sworn SOE pulled the plug on the Vanguard servers...

Oh well, updates to it will give all those fucking broken people who whack off to framed pictures of Brad McQuaid their own little leper colony to enjoy.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5237 on: October 11, 2011, 10:12:52 AM

Been playing Tiger Woods 12 and Need for Speed; Shift.

Anyone playing FIFA 2011?  I'm debating trying the PC version. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5238 on: October 11, 2011, 10:57:30 AM

Anyone playing FIFA 2011?  I'm debating trying the PC version. 

I'm playing 2012 on the 360. Beware - the PC versions are a bit different than the console versions. I can't say whether that's a good or a bad thing, just different.

WayAbvPar

Reply #5239 on: October 11, 2011, 03:43:45 PM

I think FIFA 12 is the same on all platforms finally.

Pro tip for Virtual Pro advancement in FIFA 12: Set up an exhibition game between your fav team and their rivals on World Class difficulty. Set all the sliders down to 0 or 100 (depending on which setting it is) for the other team, then knock it around to your VP and have him dribble, pass, shoot and otherwise beat utter hell out of the other team. Accomplishments will fall like rain.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5240 on: October 12, 2011, 01:47:56 AM

Started up another game of Rome Total War since my saved files for it all got nuked about three OS reinstalls ago. Presently playing as Brutii and it seems much easier than I remember but I played Scipii the first time so perhaps that's made a big difference? Greece were a bit of a grind but I've got now got ridiculous amounts of money coming in and was able to pretty much crush Thrace in about 3 or 4 turns as soon as I set my sights on them. Dacia followed soon after as there wasn't much left of them v. the Julii and the Senate decided they were ripe for annexing. Next up is a planned expedition to take on Egypt since the only nations left brodering me are either Roman, Scythian hordes with shitty value land or allies of Rome I don't want to tackle right now in order to preserve standing with the Senate. The amount of money rolling in is faintly ridiculous though, I was just annoyed Pontus beat me to the punch taking out the last Greek territories and secured another Wonder.

I'm not sure if my enthusiasm will last until the Marius reforms but I feel like things are progressing really quickly, I've only just been able to start training Triarii and I've already got enough of a military advantage I'm not too worried about any neighbouring factions as long as the Julii keep bleeding themselves fighting the Britons and Scythians and I head off the Scipii in North Africa I think I'm going to be pretty well prepared for winning a 4 way civil war.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #5241 on: October 12, 2011, 01:52:44 AM

Around doing a bit of  NDA in SWTOR, I have started my run-through of Gears 3.  Game doesn't seem to get a lot of talk around her, but its pretty dang sweet for a console shooter (and I loathe console shooters).  Really, really solid and entertaining game.  Once I get enough bandwidth in my free time, I must aquire Dark Souls as well.

Every year around this time there are just too many good things coming out...this year even more so.  Where will I find the time?  I may have to get a divorce, just to free up some gaming time.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #5242 on: October 13, 2011, 12:08:05 PM

I am a broken person. Playing Anarchy Online. New patch update and it seems to me that they updated some textures. Then again, I could just be delusional.

Waiting on TL2 and D3.  Tantrum

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5243 on: October 13, 2011, 12:24:48 PM

Waiting for the withdrawal to end.

Playing hand tools, grinding my plane and saw skills.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #5244 on: October 15, 2011, 02:23:59 AM

I have 830 other screenshots.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 02:25:40 AM by Sheepherder »
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5245 on: October 15, 2011, 04:22:51 AM

Trying to play Just Cause 1 after a loooong break. Forgot how shitty basically all of the controls in the game are. Vehicles, on foot, helicopters, the works. Just got done getting blown up in a mission where I had to destroy some milliles on a moving train from a chopper.. had 3 left and after putting about 45 rockets into the last 3 on the last carriage with no effect over about 3 minutes, the game exploded me. My save is about halfway through the game with maxed out rep, so it's kind of hard to choose whether to just drop it and resolve never to bother finishing it or whether I should grind on through. Mostly because the Vistas are beautiful, and I'd like to finish the thing.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #5246 on: October 15, 2011, 06:17:11 AM

I need another game where I can slice off heads. I'm tired of guns. They're everywhere.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5247 on: October 15, 2011, 06:58:01 AM

Mount and Blade?

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #5248 on: October 15, 2011, 07:15:44 AM

Mount and Blade?

I've never played it actually..

I'll look into that....But my computer sucks. I'm not sure it can handle it.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #5249 on: October 15, 2011, 08:32:36 AM

Get the Warband version. That's the one people mod and gives you options beyond just vanilla.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: