Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:55:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Here comes the next content patch (3.2) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Here comes the next content patch (3.2)  (Read 222825 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #735 on: August 11, 2009, 05:19:16 PM

I really hope Arthas is not redeemed.  He's been a dick since day one.  There is nothing to redeem because he was never a good person.  But I expect it given WoW 'morality'.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #736 on: August 11, 2009, 05:19:38 PM

Alternate interpretation (aka what the quest heavily implied): Tirion was planning to try and pull some sort of redemption thing right up until the point he actually got the heart then went " ACK! there's not actually anything left that can be redeemed" and then being a lawful good (as opposed to lawful stupid) paladin tried to use the heart to kill Arthas.

Oh, and add Sylvanas to the "Gonna show up in Icecrown" list. She's got a slight grudge.

that's exactly what that quest was saying.  Basically "the light can redeem anyone....but arthas is proper fucked"

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #737 on: August 11, 2009, 05:36:53 PM

Quote from: Ghostcrawler
I put in the Yogg achievement with what I hoped was a ridiculous stand-in number. Clearly it wasn't ridiculous enough because players were variously excited or worried that it was a real number.

Then in an example on how we don't want raids to rotate in tanks, I wanted to pick what I hoped was a ridiculous number so that players wouldn't try and and deduce from my answer how many bosses Icecrown has.

Sadly, my sarcasm doesn't translate well to the forums.

Like I said, he's fucking with people.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #738 on: August 11, 2009, 05:39:39 PM

Clearly Mal'ganis will help us kill off the Lich King because he ALSO has a grudge, and then OH MY GOD MAL'GANIS IS THE REAL END BOSS OF ICECROWN and then the nerdrage will explode across the internets because that's just what happens with WoW lore for some reason.

God Save the Horn Players
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #739 on: August 11, 2009, 06:17:40 PM

Obviously Tirion will turn out to have been Mal'ganis in disguise the whole time!  It was all a clever ruse!

Over and out.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #740 on: August 11, 2009, 07:17:11 PM

Quote from: Ghostcrawler
I put in the Yogg achievement with what I hoped was a ridiculous stand-in number. Clearly it wasn't ridiculous enough because players were variously excited or worried that it was a real number.

Then in an example on how we don't want raids to rotate in tanks, I wanted to pick what I hoped was a ridiculous number so that players wouldn't try and and deduce from my answer how many bosses Icecrown has.

Sadly, my sarcasm doesn't translate well to the forums.

Like I said, he's fucking with people.

Now I'm sad :(

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #741 on: August 11, 2009, 08:01:50 PM

I think it'd be a serious letdown not to kill Arthas.  Also, remember, it's not just Arthas anyway, it's Nehr'zul too.  So you'd have to split him again if you wanted to redeem him.

My money is on Arthas being gone. His soul is just another gallon in Nehr'zul's gas tank at this point, after he hijacked his body. It would be a fitting end to Arthas. He sold his soul, and in the end, doesn't even get to share the power.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #742 on: August 11, 2009, 08:21:21 PM

IIRC, the quest dialogue went something like...

Tirion: Got your heart, bitch!
Arthas: You ain't gonna do shit. You're gonna try to redeem me, because you're a schmuck that way.
Tirion: Actually now that I've gotten a close look, there's nothing left to redeem in you. *STAB*
Arthas: OW FUCK OW OW!

Also, I think that Arthas novel states that it's the other way around. He ate Ner'zhul. At least that's what the Arthas entry at WoWwiki states now.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #743 on: August 12, 2009, 12:32:08 AM

Yeah, I think you're right, the Arthas novel says he wins the battle of wills with Ner'zhul or some shit and he's running the show inside the body or whatever.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #744 on: August 12, 2009, 10:00:00 AM

That's what Ner'zhul wants him to believe.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #745 on: August 12, 2009, 10:08:09 AM

That's what Ner'zhul wants him to believe.

That's what Arthas wants him to believe.

It's like a chess game of insanity.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #746 on: August 12, 2009, 11:04:59 AM

Lorelol.

The last boss in Icecrown will be zombie Kael anyway, everyone knows that.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #747 on: August 12, 2009, 11:22:24 AM

Lorelol.

The last boss in Icecrown will be zombie Hogger anyway, everyone knows that.

Would be far more awesome if you're going to lorelol it.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #748 on: August 12, 2009, 11:46:05 AM

No way. Magister's Terrace was only a setback!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #749 on: August 12, 2009, 04:29:53 PM

Arthas will be the final boss. Just as you cleave away the final morsels of his HP bar, a scourge minion will bound up to him (a geist, preferably, those guys are great) and say "Marthter, the Dwagon, he ritheth!" (speech impediment completely necessary) - bringing news of the successful re-awakening of Galakrond.
Arthas will be all "Moo hoo haha, you cannot defeat me now, I has a dragon innit" and then just as he plans to mount Galakrond and bring about the destruction of all life, he realises the folly of bringing a million ton, mile long, morning-cranky dragon back from the dead, and Galakrond eats him.
Then Alexstrasza will appear and say "I could have totally done that back at the Wrathgate, I just didn't feel like it - oh hai daddy" and Galakrond will tell her she's not leaving the Dragonshrine dressed like that.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #750 on: August 12, 2009, 04:35:16 PM

Frankly I don't care, so long as the bosses have the same quality dialogue as the bosses in Ulduar.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #751 on: August 12, 2009, 04:46:07 PM

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Heart XT  Heart

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #752 on: August 12, 2009, 05:11:49 PM

and Galakrond will tell her she's not leaving the Dragonshrine dressed like that.

ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #753 on: August 13, 2009, 03:37:11 AM

I was never fully clear as to what exactly happens to Matthias Lehner at the end of the Heart questline.

Matthias Lehner is an anagram for Arthas Menethil, and appears to actually be disembodied remains of whatever good there used to be in Arthas's soul.  From what i can gather, even though the novel indicates that Arthas-as-Lich-King's last act was to utterly destroy it, it seems to me like it has become a completely indipendant entity.  Quite possibly, after you vanquish the Lich king, his "good soul" will ether be free to pass on, or may be re-born / re-incarnated as an utterly "good" arthas, since you basicly just obliterated the evil half of his personality.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #754 on: August 13, 2009, 09:30:41 AM

Seriously. Fuck off.

People like you bitch at every little thing blizzard does when it comes to wow lore...

I know next to nothing about the lore and don't care.  I don't like killing these big bosses (in any game) that supposedly got to where they are by tearing reality apart or imploding universes because we all of a sudden figured out that if you take a toenail and some grass to a special forge you can make them weak and after a 15 minutes fight with 25 people destroy them.  Hell this time we actually do quests that show just how powerful Arthas was when he started out.  We know the hps his hits took, and what his cooldowns were, etc.  I'd only imagine he has grown stronger.

But no.  We'll get there with 25 people and chop him down in a very special and specific way.  His 250k one shots will be gone.  His massive AOE insta-kill power won't be available.  Blah blah blah.

Killing other bosses that weren't known already to have done universe shattering feats is fine.  They are tough and killing them is important to prgression.  Killing the ultimate good or bad entities in a game world of any kind in and of itself is immersion breaking to me.  Then, add to that, nothing actually changes in the game world when you do it is just the definition of anti-climatic.

Same as all other MMO's?  Yep.  Gonna stop me from playing the game?  Nope.  Just an opinion.  I would hope they try "something different."  My faith was in their phasing techniques.  I'd love to see them really actually use it to its fullest.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #755 on: August 13, 2009, 09:46:26 AM

Except that arthas isn't the ultimate bad entity in warcraft, sargeras is.  Arthas isn't even the most powerful entity on the planet right now, that's aszhara.  He's just popular and 'cool' but in terms of raw power he himself is not the strong, his power mostly comes from his armies of undead.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #756 on: August 14, 2009, 03:46:14 AM

Straight from the Desk of "Why the Fuck am I still awake" reporting!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=92744.0

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #757 on: August 14, 2009, 03:56:42 AM

Rogue tears incoming.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #758 on: August 14, 2009, 04:31:05 AM

Gee, it only took them 8 months to realize that it was nutty?  Someone's pet rogue must have moved-on.    why so serious?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #759 on: August 14, 2009, 05:22:36 AM

Shame, I didn't think it warranted a 30% reduction. It was good damage, but I didn't think it was ridiculously OP (general opinion says I'm wrong about this).

The HaT nerf is sad; it completely eliminates that unique and useful (in some circumstances) build. I guess some people hated it, I thought it was "something different".

Mind Flay glyph not removing slow is funny since they railed against it over and over and over and over again. "Oh it'd be too overpowered!".
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 05:37:36 AM by bhodi »
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #760 on: August 14, 2009, 07:42:16 AM

Now my arcane mage is going to do more damage and have it cost less mana.  Score?
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #761 on: August 14, 2009, 09:06:10 AM

Shame, I didn't think it warranted a 30% reduction. It was good damage, but I didn't think it was ridiculously OP (general opinion says I'm wrong about this).

The HaT nerf is sad; it completely eliminates that unique and useful (in some circumstances) build. I guess some people hated it, I thought it was "something different".

Mind Flay glyph not removing slow is funny since they railed against it over and over and over and over again. "Oh it'd be too overpowered!".

The damage nerf on FoK was missing the point and seems to be overnerfing in reaction. The interrupt change is all anyone really wanted, it was crazy to have a no cooldown AE kick in the game.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #762 on: August 14, 2009, 09:35:16 AM

I thought there were going to be actual nerfs to rogues in that.  Now I'm disappointed.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #763 on: August 14, 2009, 10:16:44 AM

Fan of knives nerf just makes rogues less annoying now for me as the tank. They still do asskicker damage to anything they touch. The Onyxia mount also looks really really cool.

Also, I tried out both the bosses released in Trial of Crusader this week, and the place is pretty fun. The learning curve early on is pretty steep if you don't read up on all the strategy stuff, but once you have a solid plan it's not that bad at all. It took us two days to kill those two bosses, and we're mostly in Naxx/badge gear with 1-2 Ulduar upgrades. I think that's near the level Blizzard expected for the ten difficulty.

Downside is they dropped hunter shit twice.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #764 on: August 14, 2009, 10:44:41 AM

That's a pretty nice feral buff.  Not huge or anything but I can think of some nice utility uses for it.  Mostly a solo and/or pvp buff but a potential insta-cast battle rez in raids is nice, too.  I wonder how long the proc lasts.

Over and out.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #765 on: August 14, 2009, 09:45:02 PM

Mage

* Arcane Blast: The buff from using this ability now stacks up to 4 times instead of 3, and each application increases mana cost by 130% instead of 200%.

Arcane

* Missile Barrage: The effect from triggering this talent now removes the mana cost of Arcane Missiles. In addition, the chance for Arcane Blast to trigger this talent is now 8/16/24/32/40%. All other listed spells continue to have a 4/8/12/16/20% chance to trigger it.
You have gotta be fucking kidding me. "Oh, ezrast unsubbed; let's make his class ONE MILLION TIMES MORE AWESOME."

And I thought the 3.2 buff I was missing was pretty great. Fuuuuuck.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #766 on: August 14, 2009, 10:28:37 PM

Just sit it out, resub when the next patch drops, and sponge up some welfare epics in the tournament 5-man.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #767 on: August 15, 2009, 10:00:54 AM

I may take a break from this and try Aion or re-examine EQ2.

I see a trajectory to this game of a global dumb down to combat and encounters that is taking its toll.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #768 on: August 15, 2009, 11:07:47 AM

Ohhhhh, I see.  We get it, dude.

On the plus side, this patch is making me a steady amount of low effort money.  Transmute master alt + JCer alt ftw.

-Rasix
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #769 on: August 15, 2009, 01:58:59 PM

On the plus side, this patch is making me a steady amount of low effort money.
I made 2k just selling enchants above material cost.  It was great.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Here comes the next content patch (3.2)  
Jump to: