Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 11:40:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 889404 times)
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #560 on: July 01, 2014, 10:24:19 AM

She's so damn adorable, and not bad to play either.  I got Tippy Toe recently, so I feel she is complete.

Ms. Marvel is fun, too.  She's probably my favorite behind Kurt and SG.

I have a feeling we're going to end up with the same three favourites, heh.

At least until X-23 and Beast are out...

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #561 on: July 01, 2014, 10:25:59 AM

I'll be the dissident. I did the first mission on Nightcrawler (he was a bogo) and really disliked it. Way too fiddly and twitchy. Does it get any better or is it always that way?

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #562 on: July 01, 2014, 10:35:56 AM

Saving up the ES to buy Squirrel Girl specifically next, then back to random boxes methinks.
She's so damn adorable, and not bad to play either.  I got Tippy Toe recently, so I feel she is complete.

Ms. Marvel is fun, too.  She's probably my favorite behind Kurt and SG.

You are not complete unless you also have nutso!

I am the .00000001428%
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #563 on: July 01, 2014, 10:41:43 AM

I'll be the dissident. I did the first mission on Nightcrawler (he was a bogo) and really disliked it. Way too fiddly and twitchy. Does it get any better or is it always that way?
No, he gets even more twitchy awesome, for real

You can play him a bit more zen-like by favoring certain power over others, however he is very squishy so even with his stealth you still need to move around quite a bit to stay live.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #564 on: July 01, 2014, 10:49:15 AM

I stopped thinking of him as a fixed point and more a like the probability field of an electron by spamming his Jump Between Five Dudes power.  Approaching it like that made it a lot easier to play him.

(Now I use that for mooks while I use his dive attack and Bamf Bomb for single-target.  I also use his base teleport to 'fix' him in space and time.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #565 on: July 01, 2014, 10:53:11 AM

He takes a little getting used to because he is so fast, but once you've got the hang of him... he'll pretty much ruin you for other heroes. His positioning is unbeatable, his damge utility is great and he's fantastic at both single-target and AE. I recommend concentrating on Rapid Teleporter tree for levelling, most of the L60 builds I see divert heavily into powers from the other two trees but the middle works well for me right now.

You want to basically pour your points into Teleport (you'll be BAMFing all the time so you want more BAMF for your buck, spirit-wise), Blink Strike (this is what seems twitchy early on, but it's pretty great in crowded fights), Brimstone Beatdown (you will use this on everything that isn't a trash-mob) which is a hold-down power that does 40% more damage to elites and bosses, and Infernal Brimstone (which you will use constantly), leaving large area patches of lethal purple brimstone that last for 5 seconds and murder trashmobs horribly. There are a couple of passives you can big up, a couple of stances (I use Heartseeker) and the signature attack, Righteous Frenzy is ok - good for spamming for big spike damage but the cooldown is annoying. The Ultimate is pure paisley purple joy. Oh, and you'll want to take Shadowmeld for stealthing. NC is not a face-tanker when his Ultimate is down. Run and gun bosses - BAMF in, lay some smack down, drop Infernal Brimstones, Stealth, BAMF away and lick your wounds. So long as you keep Stealth up, you'll regen HP and nothing will find you, and the mobs will still be taking damage from the Brimstone fields. Winning without even trying.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #566 on: July 01, 2014, 11:48:14 AM

A note on power levels - they rebalance them so often I would not factor them into my decision making process at all.  A drastically underpowered character might be the most powerful in a month, and the top of the charts today could be middle of the pack in 2 months.  I'd focus on whether you enjoy the mechanics and the peripherals.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #567 on: July 01, 2014, 06:52:15 PM

Ok, my first grumble...

100,000 credits and 3 pure elements to unbind a stack of Relics. Doesn't say per/relic, just 'stack'. So I'm supposed to pay 100,000 credits and 3 pure elements to unbind 27 Lemuria Relics that seem to be somehow bound to Hawkeye when he only uses Xandar? HELL no. It doesn't even matter if I can afford it, the sheer stupidity of that blanket cost is baffling.

Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #568 on: July 01, 2014, 08:02:41 PM

It doesn't even matter if I can afford it, the sheer stupidity of that blanket cost is baffling.

I'm not really clear on what you're complaining about here. You wish it *wasn't* a blanket cost? Or you just think the price is too high? It pretty much takes me conscious effort to not cap out on money while I play. I've started chain rerolling legendaries that don't fit with one of the daily quest requirements just to spend it, so it's sort of baffling to see someone complain about money.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #569 on: July 01, 2014, 08:56:59 PM

For a newer player it's pretty expensive.  Once you get a 60 and you're bumping the credit cap and wading past all the pure elements to get to the good drops, things get a different perspective.

Kind of like how the lack of retcons when you first start makes things much tougher on a new player than it needs to be, when they're just learning the game but there isn't an obvious easy way to try out different powers and combinations.

Over and out.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #570 on: July 02, 2014, 01:47:53 AM

It didn't help anything that Retcons were broken and not dropping for a few months. They seem to be back now though at least.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #571 on: July 02, 2014, 09:10:13 AM

I'm not really clear on what you're complaining about here. You wish it *wasn't* a blanket cost? Or you just think the price is too high? It pretty much takes me conscious effort to not cap out on money while I play. I've started chain rerolling legendaries that don't fit with one of the daily quest requirements just to spend it, so it's sort of baffling to see someone complain about money.

Yeah, I wish it wasn't a blanket cost. Considering you can stack Relics up to 1000, for there to be a blanket cost to unstack any number of relics between 2 and 999 is mindboggling. And yeah, as a new player, 100k is a lot of credits that I could be using on rerolls or affixes that will generally net me more stat growth than unbinding 27 relics for 1/3 the cost. It's not a big thing, like I said. Just a grumble. I know the 3mill credit limit will inevitably hit me at some point, but I have my principles, shallow as they are. So I'm simply going to start recollecting Lemurias. Maybe use those bound ones as Crafter currency. Now is that hubris or irony?

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #572 on: July 02, 2014, 10:49:16 AM

Don't throw away lemurias :P

I am the .00000001428%
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #573 on: July 02, 2014, 04:46:09 PM

PSA: reaper event is back on, also cosmic doop still drops a guaranteed cosmic medallion and ring, which is pretty much the best loot from the event.

I am the .00000001428%
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #574 on: July 02, 2014, 06:17:04 PM

Maybe it's just rng, but I've gotten crap from terminals and define, but geezus mm drops loot like crazy when it's boosted.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #575 on: July 03, 2014, 08:33:48 AM

HOTDOGS free stuff.

I am the .00000001428%
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #576 on: July 03, 2014, 09:22:02 AM

I've been periodically checking http://orcz.com/Marvel_Heroes:_Promo_Codes seems to be kept pretty up-to-date.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #577 on: July 04, 2014, 10:55:40 PM

I'm going to be so sad when they nerf Phoenix, because it currently feels like cheating.  why so serious?

Her one PBAE with projectile reflection, its just obscene once you have attack speed. Hold down button, 100% projectile reflection. That just breaks some encounters.

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #578 on: July 05, 2014, 12:47:12 PM

Some boost-codes from Supercon:

OOGACHAKA - 2 hours SIF

4HORSEMEN - 2 hours EXP

OVER9000 - 2 hours SIF

REEDRICHARDS - 2 hours RIF

HOTPEPPER - 2 hours RIF

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #579 on: July 06, 2014, 10:22:13 AM

Game has been buggy as shit this weekend.  Still having fun though.

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #580 on: July 07, 2014, 03:11:53 AM

Yea, it's not been great in Mid Town or the Holo-Sim. Mid Town mob spawns just stop working after awhile it seems and the Holo-Sim has a broken wave (AIM Surgical Arms) that just stops all  progress. Only option is exit or failure.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #581 on: July 07, 2014, 09:52:42 AM

I had the Dinosaur jungle kind of half-load on me.  That was weird.   There were giant blank spots where terrain and parts of the map should have been.

Switched from Rocket to Scarlet Witch.  Got here up to 26 pretty effortlessly.  Tons of AE and shit just falls over.  She's pretty damn squishy, but rewind reality makes most boss encounters pretty doable, even if you mess up once or twice.  I hear once you get her level 30 AE, she turns into somewhat of a one button wonder. 

Finally got up to 175 eternity splinters.  My random champ was finally not a duplicate (had bad luck with my BOGOs): Cyclops.  Not super psyched on that one.

-Rasix
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #582 on: July 07, 2014, 09:57:18 AM

Cyclops is horrible and really needs his review, good news is it should be coming soon.  I believe he is scheduled next after rocket raccoon, which is the next one up.

I am the .00000001428%
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #583 on: July 07, 2014, 10:01:02 AM

Cyclops is kind of boring, but he seemingly does a ton of damage.

I got him to 50 over the weekend, hopefully 60 before the end of the week. The 10% bonus exp thing from him on top of the 30% for being 60 is a pretty good inspiration.

Don't put any points into much until you get the bouncing laser basic attack. Then stack items that give bonus levels to that skills. It does truckloads of damage.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #584 on: July 07, 2014, 10:03:46 AM

Also his toggle that gives DR and knockdown, max a single target ability for bosses, max all his passives.  That's all there is to it really, he is not bad because he has trouble with the content he is bad because he has one single good attack ability.

I am the .00000001428%
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #585 on: July 07, 2014, 12:17:32 PM

Cyclops is kind of boring, but he seemingly does a ton of damage.

I got him to 50 over the weekend, hopefully 60 before the end of the week. The 10% bonus exp thing from him on top of the 30% for being 60 is a pretty good inspiration.

Don't put any points into much until you get the bouncing laser basic attack. Then stack items that give bonus levels to that skills. It does truckloads of damage.

It is not that he is not reasonably strong he is just a really boring one trick pony and the one trick is pretty much his darn auto attack. So just hold the button down until you wished he would melt your eyes with his laser beams.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #586 on: July 07, 2014, 12:28:58 PM

Yeah, the game is actually very easy, you can't not do good with practically any hero you pick, there is no "inferno" or "torment" difficulties.  Some are just so much more fun while you are kicking ass than others.

I am the .00000001428%
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #587 on: July 07, 2014, 12:43:52 PM

I have been messing around with moonknight. He is a very interesting character as he gets stronger as you have lower and lower health and gets tankier as he gets lower health. I tend to get squished with him a bit more than other characters because it is so tempting to ride the danger zone for super damage and wind up face planting due to it. He also has a wacky power that basically sets you at 1 hp but invuln for a short time which allows for some stupidly high burst damage.

Only problem is that power seems to have a tiny window between it reducing you to 1 hp before your invuln kicks in and its really easy to randomly just die when turning it on if there are dots on the ground.
Wizgar
Terracotta Army

Reply #588 on: July 07, 2014, 12:46:11 PM

My kid and his cousin have been crazy over this game for like two weeks now and oh my god Wolverine is like twenty bucks or some shit.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #589 on: July 07, 2014, 01:12:30 PM

Yep, that's how they make their money. 5-15 bucks for a hero, 5-15 bucks for a costume.

The Heroes you can get for shards if you are willing to wait a bit and save em, the costumes are super duper rare drops that I've never actually seen myself.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #590 on: July 07, 2014, 01:16:28 PM

I saw a funny picture of reddit with some guy using Hawkeye and Hawkeye's modern costurme.  He got a costume drop.  It was Hawkeye's modern costume.  awesome, for real

I've already spent $10, which is more than I usually spend on a FTP title.  I'll spend $10-15 or more once there's a BOGO or other promotion running again.  I don't think I can be patient enough to save enough shards for a teamup.  Do shards drop more at high difficulty or or doing higher level content?  175 took a while, even with 100 for a mission and 25 I got out of a free card.

-Rasix
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #591 on: July 07, 2014, 01:24:18 PM

Shards are tied to Special item find, and there's a guarantee you'll get one shard every like 5-6 mins or something. Having a decent SiF rate will increase their drop rate and their drop size, getting double/triple drops and rarely a 10 drop.

You can also put 3 costumes into the crafter to get a random costume, but that's just like a crap shoot. You get a default costume for prestige'ing a hero as well, but that's for crazy people.

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #592 on: July 07, 2014, 02:37:20 PM

Eternity Splinters drop pretty often even if you're not using a boost (Special Item Find or 'SIF'), they're supposedly on a base 8 minute timer. They accrue a lot quicker than you realise and when you consider that characters and costumes are the life-blood of the game. That they give you a garuanteed means of getting characters without spending a dime is pretty amazing; since I started playing a few weeks ago I've already earned 4 random heroes through ES collection and I'm saving up 400 now to specifically buy Squirrel Girl. It's a waiting game, but when you're having fun AND earning things to buy characters you'd otherwise spend money on, the wait's not bad at all.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #593 on: July 07, 2014, 03:57:25 PM

From all the reports the effect SiF has on splinter drops is completely insignificant, you will get them at the same rate with or without boosts.  Well there is the splinter drop boost, but if you are going to buy that you might as well just spend the money on actual heroes.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #594 on: July 08, 2014, 05:25:08 AM

Patrol zones have had the most luck for splinter drops, personally.  You're constantly fighting while waiting on the next 2 min boss spawn so it goes by quick.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: