Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:54:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2252049 times)
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2940 on: June 21, 2010, 08:25:11 AM

A buddy of mine convinced me to reinstall EQ2.  I got a character to level 30.  Highest character ever in that game.  Tried to level AAs and I kept getting ganked by twinks in Enchanted Lands and Zek.

Fun.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2941 on: June 21, 2010, 08:43:54 AM

ME2. Also realized I've become a total Steam convert since xmas. Haven't bought a boxed title since, and I've spent less money on gaming than usual and have bought more games.

So I'll probably be on the Normandy for a while. My Crusade against Os-Gabella will have to wait a bit longer, the Knights' freshly trained warhorses champing at the bit for stomping in zombie faces.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2942 on: June 21, 2010, 09:01:16 AM

ME2. Also realized I've become a total Steam convert since xmas.

Same here, I am not sure what happened, I think its been to many friends gifting me stuff, now I even link non-steam games to the steam list.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #2943 on: June 21, 2010, 09:13:19 AM

I remember when Steam first came out and they had Half Life 2 and Half Life and............not much else. 

I think it's pretty spectacular.  My spending hasn't gone down though, haha.
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #2944 on: June 21, 2010, 08:59:14 PM

Picked up Crysis when it was on sale a week ago, nice to finally play the game even three years late. The graphics are pretty but don't really have that "wow" factor they probably did at launch - I think playing Far Cry 2 spoiled me in this regard anyway. I'm enjoying the gameplay, it seems like a solid challenge so far too.

Checked out the Crackdown 2 demo, came away dissatisfied. It feels pretty much just like the first game, which IMO has not aged well, especially considering the quality of similar games that have released since such as Infamous, AC2 or Just Cause 2. The gun combat, which I felt was easily the weakest aspect of the original, does not seem to have improved at all.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2945 on: June 22, 2010, 08:55:12 AM

Finished Portal yesterday... actually my wife did.  My son, he is terrible at FPS console controls.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2946 on: June 22, 2010, 09:45:50 AM

Beat Dead Space last night.  Very, very good survival horror game.  Lots of fun, mostly well paced, and really does a great job with the atmosphere.  As always though, I can find a lot of gripes in the best of games.  The middle drags a bit, there's too many "errands" to run (nothing EVER has power turned on), the boss fights are meh, and the cannon portions seem misplaced.  Still, it's a linear, RE4 version of System Shock 2, minus SHODAN. Which is pretty damn good and I'm glad I finally picked it up.

No idea what to play next, especially on the PC where I'm just waiting for Starcraft 2 beta to start up again.  This is troublesome with my wife out on business.  My nights are my own for a couple days as soon as my son decides he'll sleep.  Guy is getting awfully attached to mama and he knows when she's not around. 

-Rasix
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #2947 on: June 22, 2010, 10:08:25 AM

Steam has me hooked.

In addition to my usual gaming fodder, now I have DA:O and it's expansion to play around with. Not sure what I'm doing in it, but in the first hour or so it's entertaining. After Overlord, I'd hoped to kick my ME2 addiction for at least the rest of the summer, but PC ME1 has me hooked...again. Damn, that game looks good on the PC. Outstanding (at least compared to the 360) GUI as well. I'm now wondering how ME2 looks on a high end PC...
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #2948 on: June 22, 2010, 10:46:58 AM

Last week while I was off, I played through Arkham Asylum in about 16 hours.  Really short game, but quite fun.  And you could tell Squeenix was in on it - the second-to-last fight was harder than the last.

Also replayed HL Episode 1 and made it to the base in Episode 2 before giving up.  I had forgotten how annoying Episode 2 was, despite the graphical prettiness and the side "Gordon, save us!" comments everywhere.   swamp poop  Maybe HL2 : Episode 3 (Manchester United 0) will redeem it.

Now playing DJ Hero on the PS2 (after a corrupted save game made me restart) and FF7 on the PC.  10 years since I played it the first time, and I seem to have forgotten a lot, but the story is as good as ever...  but did Barret(t?) have that much of a sailor's mouth on the PS1 version?

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #2949 on: June 22, 2010, 11:34:12 AM

I'm playing Transformice. When the server isn't melting and lets me load the game, that is.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #2950 on: June 22, 2010, 12:45:43 PM

but did Barret(t?) have that much of a sailor's mouth on the PS1 version?

I remember Barret had a bad mouth but it was censored with ?#?#??# instead of typing it out. I don't know if that's different on the PC version or not. I'm kind of doubting it got worse as that seemed to be his deal....be pissed at/about everything and make sure to swear in every sentence.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #2951 on: June 22, 2010, 02:21:42 PM

but did Barret(t?) have that much of a sailor's mouth on the PS1 version?

I remember Barret had a bad mouth but it was censored with ?#?#??# instead of typing it out. I don't know if that's different on the PC version or not. I'm kind of doubting it got worse as that seemed to be his deal....be pissed at/about everything and make sure to swear in every sentence.

Ahhhh, that's the difference.  Lots of "damn" and "hell" and so forth on the PC version.  He does make me feel less angsty, though.   awesome, for real

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #2952 on: June 22, 2010, 11:07:50 PM

Crackdown 2 demo was incredibly bad. I got stuck within the first few minutes in an enemy-respawning door I couldn't open to get back out. Aiming is atrocious. The scenario it drops you in to is surreal and I just feel awkward the entire time I'm playing.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #2953 on: June 22, 2010, 11:16:17 PM

Crackdown 2 demo was incredibly bad. I got stuck within the first few minutes in an enemy-respawning door I couldn't open to get back out. Aiming is atrocious. The scenario it drops you in to is surreal and I just feel awkward the entire time I'm playing.

Ack.  I loved the first CD, so it's not good to hear that.  :(

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #2954 on: June 23, 2010, 12:22:46 AM

Messing around in the Dragon Age expansion. There are some things I don't like about it, all of it story related, and some of my complaints are silly (like WHERE IS MY DOG. HE'S A DOG. HE DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO THAN BE MY GODDAMN DOG.). Having fun with it in any case.  awesome, for real

God Save the Horn Players
Rasix

Reply #2955 on: June 23, 2010, 08:05:40 AM

Bought UFC 2010 when I discovered that the gift card my in-laws gave me had $60 dollars on it instead of something like $25 that I expected.  

Very, very addictive game like the first.  It's always "one more fight".  I'm not sure the new between fight stuff isn't any better and with decay it might be worse.  Does a good job of not allowing super fighters I suppose. And it's odd, but the new sub system means you get tapped even quicker now with your own subs still being impossible to pull off (how the hell am I ever going to get new subs through the fight camps.. heh).   Head scratch  Still, it's a good purchase and I should get a lot of mileage out of this one.

Just nothing else looked very appealing. I went aisle by aisle and my thoughts were "wait till it goes lower", "I always buy these and hate them later", "I wouldn't play this online", "ugg, Wii.. I'd rather leave it off".  Cheap games I can always buy later.. those purchases are easy to sneak past your spouse.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 08:10:54 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #2956 on: June 23, 2010, 08:21:42 AM

Still playing WW2O daily.  1.31 definitely made a few changes beyond just the graphics that have made battles over CPs play much better, namely the capping mechanics.  Still the same Sim game it always was, and the pace is slow, but thats not such a bad thing.  In a sea of action shooters, its a nice change of pace.   Also, no matter what problems the game might have, it still gives consistently amazing moments, which is something I like in a game.  Even though Bad Company 2 might be consistently exciting and intense, it doesn't leave me with a lot of stories I'm eager to tell my fellow gamers.  WW2O leaves me with such a story almost every time I log in.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2957 on: June 23, 2010, 09:12:04 AM

Pre-purchased Medal of Honor to get into the beta. The beta seems to be a pretty minimal, but it gives you a good sense of what to expect.

Graphics are good. A bit taxing on the GPU. Smooth, but the cooling fan was going full tilt on high settings on a 5870. Since its an FPS, after I've gotten my share of eye candy, I'll be turning the graphics down to 1998 levels to see if I can play without the vacuum cleaner going on in the background.

If you've played Insurgency on Steam, that's the general idea, but with prettier graphics. Insurgency pits generic Middle-Eastern militants against US forces. Standard starter loadouts are AKs vs M16s.  Unlike Insurgency, however, its got the full gamut of CoD/BF graphical helpers, like a hud, kill indicator, etc.

The maps currently available are small, but highly detailed, with lots of cover and clutter.

I'll play more of it tonight. Not sure if its going to get my full attention like BC2 has.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2958 on: June 28, 2010, 12:26:21 PM

Sam & Max 303 finished, otherwise playing MTGO a little too obsessively, but that should die down in a few days.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #2959 on: June 28, 2010, 07:21:38 PM

I have been playing Bioshock 2 since the recent Steam sale.

There was this Great opening sequence.  And so far...  Well, the "hold the fort" scenarios are Way Old(tm) at this point, and I'm not that far in yet.  Excepting a couple of interesting dialogues, I'm underwhelmed so far... ... but the plot has me hooked, so I'll see this one through to the end.  At least my graphics card isn't choking on this one like it was on the first.   awesome, for real 

FF7 - progressing slowly (L20).  Have had to refer to online wiki twice to prevent annoyance so far.  I recall that I 93%ed or so the game the first time, and the difference between me then and me now is around 11 shades of jaded.  Even so, the zen of FF ATB combat has returned, and that helps focus the game on the story that I wanted to hear again.

Rasix

Reply #2960 on: June 28, 2010, 09:48:37 PM

Heh, stalling out a bit on Witcher because I know I'll just make the same decisions again.  Shani is way cooler than Triss, and it'll be a cold day in hell when I side with Elven terrorists.  Game performs a great deal better than it used to.

The Force Unleashed experiment hit a road block due to the port rejecting my PC like a bad kidney.

Dawn of War II is an interesting game.  It's really making me appreciate the polish of Starcraft 2, however.

-Rasix
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2961 on: June 28, 2010, 11:57:33 PM

Playing some Bioshock 2 for my longer gaming stretches and my OCD compells me to unlock every card in every deck in Duels of the Planeswalkers, one card at at time.

Funnily enough the most time right now I spend with Puzzle Kingdoms, hell of a timesink for a .99$ title.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2962 on: June 29, 2010, 04:54:36 AM

Played a fair bit of LOTRO in the last 3 days.

Playing around with AVP on 360 which I got from the UK Bargain Bin. I've only completed about 2 missions, but it's okay so far. Maybe my FPS standards are lower on console.

Finished Uncharted 1. Fun game overall, not liquid Jesus or anything. The best part of the game was the characters, who despite being pretty one-dimensional action movie/videogame characters managed to be quite likable.

Uncharted 2 and Resistance 2 will be next.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2963 on: June 29, 2010, 08:29:04 AM

Holy poop, Infamous is a great game! I got it for cheap and ended up dropping Darksiders because I can't stop playing Infamous. I also got Saboteur pretty much to experience the PS3 version's AA effect, but can't play it yet because the boobie unlock requires an internet connection. Which I still don't have because the company that was hired for the job dragged their feet for two weeks and then said they don't know how to set it up.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2964 on: June 29, 2010, 09:53:28 AM

I am feeling the need to go back to Infamous.

Otherwise, it's Red Dead Redemption and LotRO.  I like RDR a great deal but I missing being able to run people down in a car.  John is a few miles more interesting than Nico, thankfully.  He's probably #2 behind Carl Johnson now.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #2965 on: June 29, 2010, 10:12:28 AM

Put myself into a "log in for raids only" mode in WoW while I fret about seeing what Steam Sale games I'm going to play. Mucked about with Dawn of War II. I like its campaign, but I'm horrible at it, plus I'm kind of tired of Spess Muhreens. I actually managed to almost lose the initial Skirmish the game encourages you to try against a very easy NPC opponent, which is embarassing.

Also messed with Titan Quest, which I'm really digging, but sorely wish had a stash system. Unless it does have one, and I haven't found it yet.

I also tooled around with Civ IV a bit. Decided to try the tutorial for "a few minutes" and then ended up sinking about three hours into it. Gonna put that one away for just a little while, lest I play it to the exclusion of everything else.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2966 on: June 29, 2010, 12:56:26 PM

Also messed with Titan Quest, which I'm really digging, but sorely wish had a stash system. Unless it does have one, and I haven't found it yet.

I forget, but I suppose it must be part of the Immortal Throne expansion.  There's a shared stash man in the first village in TQ:IT.

On my recent play, I lost a lot of interest right after arriving in Egypt.  I'm sure it will flare up again.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #2967 on: June 29, 2010, 05:00:26 PM

I can't get enough Transformers at this time.  Everything else has been put on hold while I do multiplayer games. I may even do another run through, though this time on medium, just to see how much more difficult it was since my first run through was on hard mode. I imagined hard mode would be, well, difficult but that wasn't the case and now I'm curious what the difference is (I'm guessing instead of running out of ammo once or twice in a play-through I'll just never run out, but meh)
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #2968 on: June 29, 2010, 05:20:33 PM

I played through Raven's new title, Singularity, this evening.

Better than I imagined it would be but there was very little new. They've ripped the most iconic mechanics from Half-Life 2, Bioshock and their own recent Wolfenstein and made a well-crafted bastard child out of it, which I think actually plays better than either of the former two atleast.

It's pretty too but since it's UE3, everything has that rather gaudy Crisco-look.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #2969 on: June 30, 2010, 12:44:04 AM

Just finished Psychonauts. A lot of great stuff with a few mildly frustrating bits and a few totally awesome bits. Waffling on whether to keep it around and 100% it or uninstall and move on to something else.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #2970 on: June 30, 2010, 03:49:48 AM

Haven't  played anything for my four day weekend until last night when, on a whim, I put in Civ Revolution.  There went five hours!  I bought GTAIV but it's a poor substitute for RDR.  It's gathering dust.   I've been MMO clean for three months now!  Where's my chit?
Rasix

Reply #2971 on: June 30, 2010, 09:06:40 AM

Dawn of War II single player is pretty fun.  Seems to be jumping up a bit in difficulty after all of the pre Tyranid stuff.  I'm finding it a little difficult to leave some squads behind.

-Rasix
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2972 on: June 30, 2010, 12:36:50 PM

Otherwise, it's Red Dead Redemption and LotRO.  I like RDR a great deal but I missing being able to run people down in a car.  John is a few miles more interesting than Nico, thankfully.  He's probably #2 behind Carl Johnson now.

I run people down in a stagecoach in RDR.  And then I laugh my head off.

People are beginning to look at me funny, but it's the best fun I've had in a video game in a very long time.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #2973 on: June 30, 2010, 12:51:45 PM

Singularity is... inspired.

(No, the captions aren't real.)

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2974 on: June 30, 2010, 10:19:59 PM

I run people down in a stagecoach in RDR.  And then I laugh my head off.

People are beginning to look at me funny, but it's the best fun I've had in a video game in a very long time.

It can be done but I don't find it terribly satisfying.  I can knock over people on my horse (Gluefoot) but it's just not the same as vehicular manslaughter in GTAIV.  On the other hand, gunplay is great.  Recently acquired a sawed-off and it is a great item for blind fire.

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: