Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:52:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2251821 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #8750 on: February 27, 2014, 11:33:52 PM

Started on Last of Us.  So far I'm having a similar reaction to it as I did to Uncharted.  Unfortunately.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #8751 on: February 28, 2014, 12:14:56 AM

Started on Last of Us.  So far I'm having a similar reaction to it as I did to Uncharted.  Unfortunately.

I didn't like Uncharted but really enjoyed TLOU. After the initial opening scene it does plod along for a little while before things start to pick up.  Just about everyone I know who has played through the game and enjoyed it complained that the first few hours weren't very good.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #8752 on: February 28, 2014, 07:25:17 AM

I think my problem is that I've been spoiled by all these indy games that can't afford to have a few hours of filler before the game gets good.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8753 on: February 28, 2014, 08:10:41 AM

I think you're on to something. Even something like TOR with a lot of dialogue has very few actual cut scenes. Otherwise I've been playing games, not wannabe movies. Playing a bit of Dead Rising 2 brought that sentiment home, so many cut scenes!
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #8754 on: February 28, 2014, 08:18:04 AM

I don't even mind if a game is basically a movie as long as it's a good movie -- what's killing me in TLOU (and I had the exact same problem with Uncharted) is that the actual gameplay feels like a chore.  Part of that is that I'm not as used to the console controls and camera style, which makes stealth really unfun (yay, I got spotted by a guy who I couldn't see because my character's head was in the way, time to restart the encounter).

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #8755 on: February 28, 2014, 09:16:36 AM

You just described my problems with Metal Gear Games
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #8756 on: February 28, 2014, 09:27:46 AM

I've played a lot of Rayman Origins on the PS4.

I double dipped with this game. I owned it on the PS3 and liked it so much that I rebought it for the PS4. On the surface teher isn't anything different or that much better. textures are uncompressed so everything looks a bit crisper and the graphics feel on the whole btter but it's still the same game.

It plays totally different and much better on the PS4 though. One aspect is that there are no load times anymore. You jump into a level and it starts instantly. This is a bigger deal than I'd thought. Secondly the much better controller on the PS4 makes everything flow better. I had a lot fewer troubles with difficult levels than I had on the PS3. I had replayed one of the last invasion levels probably 50 times until I beat it and I probably replayed all of the difficult levels a lot when I first played it on the PS3. It took me significantly fewer tries on the PS4 to beat the same level.

Some of it might be training, after all I've already beaten those levels once. That was half a year ago though. The rest comes from the Dualshock 4 which feels so much more comfortable and more precise than the Dualshock 3 on the PS3.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #8757 on: February 28, 2014, 09:47:25 AM

It's a Naughty Dog game and it borrows pretty heavily from the Uncharted series (action, scene, repeat).  The gameplay is better (unless you really love the Uncharted jumping parts) and the overall experience is a bit deeper. 

The first couple hours are not strong and it takes a somewhat major event for the gameplay to pick up.  There are a couple more forays into slowsville, but the pace was reasonable for the rest of game.

-Rasix
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #8758 on: February 28, 2014, 07:06:46 PM

Diablo 3, apparently. This last patch made it way fun for me again.

God Save the Horn Players
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #8759 on: February 28, 2014, 07:27:19 PM

What changed with last patch?

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #8760 on: February 28, 2014, 07:54:38 PM

A bunch of class shit, but most importantly (for most), the loot is fun instead of meh.

God Save the Horn Players
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #8761 on: February 28, 2014, 08:11:35 PM

I'm reinstalling it to give it a look.  Their big Loot 2.0 patch (just ahead of the AH going offline) is supposed to deliver less loot, but better loot, and stuff that tends to be more useful for your class.  I haven't played since finishing the main game not long after launch, so now seems like it might be a good time for another playthrough.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #8762 on: February 28, 2014, 09:17:43 PM

I fired it up yesterday and quickly realized I don't remember shit about my level 52 barbarian's skills.  I bet a bunch got changed but there's no way I'd ever be able to tell.  I put 40-50 hours into this at release and remember basically nothing.  Pretty sad.  I think that means I'm going senile.

The first guy I killed dropped a yellow weapon that was 50% more damage than my auction-house special, that was amusing.  Nevertheless, I think I'm gonna start a new guy and try and remember what the hell is going on.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8763 on: February 28, 2014, 09:33:52 PM

I'm reinstalling it to give it a look.  Their big Loot 2.0 patch (just ahead of the AH going offline) is supposed to deliver less loot, but better loot, and stuff that tends to be more useful for your class.  I haven't played since finishing the main game not long after launch, so now seems like it might be a good time for another playthrough.
Almost everything that has dropped for me has been dex based on my dex-based character.

That said, there's nothing "less" I've seen. Shitloads of loot is dropping.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #8764 on: March 01, 2014, 12:38:45 AM

So far does it seem like there's any danger that they went too far in the opposite direction, where so much good loot drops that seeing something drop stops being exciting? Seems like it would be an easy thing to over-correct on.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #8765 on: March 01, 2014, 01:15:20 AM

OH GODDAMN AND FUCK THIS FTL SHIT.  1 HULL.  IT ONLY HAD ONE HULL LEFT.

ARRRRRGGGGGGG

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #8766 on: March 01, 2014, 01:43:59 AM

So far does it seem like there's any danger that they went too far in the opposite direction, where so much good loot drops that seeing something drop stops being exciting? Seems like it would be an easy thing to over-correct on.

No issue there IMO.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8767 on: March 01, 2014, 10:31:53 AM

Started - and finished - Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall. Really solid campaign overall, better than Dead Man's Switch in pretty much every way from (limited) nonlinearity to party member interactions to mission variety to combat to decking. I'm fairly sure it's actually longer than DMS, too -- clocked about 16 hours compared to 11 for DMS, and that's without doing the 'cleanup' shadowrun which could probably add an hour or two on its own.

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #8768 on: March 01, 2014, 10:41:01 AM

Clocked 30 hours in Magic 2014.  Not sure why I am enjoying it so much, especially since I haven't touched sealed deck play yet (well I opened my booster packs then started trying to figure out how to create a non-shit deck, remembered why I stopped playing real magic and got bored).

Tried to play Sonic all star racing and jesus, the non-driving handling (boats + planes) is absolutely terrible.  I also found myself raging quite a bit so maybe I just don't enjoy Mario kart type of games much anymore. 

It did make me want to play Burnout Revenge though.  I kept trying to run into other drivers and hope to see a crash, and was woefully disappointed.  Has there been anything similar released lately?
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #8769 on: March 02, 2014, 02:03:01 PM

Diablo 3. Fun again.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #8770 on: March 02, 2014, 06:22:38 PM

I've put something like 13 hours into Diablo III this weekend (started a Wizard in "Expert" difficulty and am now Lv45 and approaching the end of Act II -- also cranked the difficulty up to "Master").  They did indeed patch the fun in.  My original play-through at launch got my Monk to Lv34, completed the main game, and never saw a single Legendary item.  I believe I've seen at least 10 Legendary drops so far.  Overall the loot is way way better, AH is going away in a couple weeks and I won't miss it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Quinton-1657/hero/40977558
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #8771 on: March 02, 2014, 10:50:35 PM

Played Fallout Online 2
This is a very funny game.
I like it.
It's like I'm back in Fallout with a party of even cooler NPCs.
Here's what I experienced so far:
-A Brazilian player tagging Throwing Skill and going up close to throw a grenade, killing two highwaymen in the process, his heroic contribution was rewarded by a SMG burst on the ass from the caravan leader. I promised to return his belongings, only to find 39 molotov cocktails, 20 throwing knives, and a grenade. Huehuehue.
-A newcomer to the group, choosing to specialize in Sneaking, Lockpicking and Speech. Obviously a welcome addition in caravan runs where we throw bullet and plasma at anything that moves. He cried upon dying from a shot to the groin while begging for a spare gun.
-We also visited Vault 15, and almost died to a swarm of rats, then one stranger descended with us, carrying a flamer. We want that sweet gear of his and hatched a plan. I opened trade with him and showed him a pile of bottle caps. He asked me what is it for. 'Condolences.' was my reply as my party lined up 3 aimed shot on the head. He BBQ'ed three of us, we fisted him till he's dead. I think we learned a valuable and crispy lesson today.

Awesome Build & Encounter below:

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #8772 on: March 03, 2014, 10:53:08 PM

Played Fallout Online 2

Link? Google failed me somehow.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #8773 on: March 03, 2014, 11:39:58 PM

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8774 on: March 04, 2014, 06:37:59 AM

oh shit

I finished the GTAV story.  Rockstar patched the barbers and clothing shops back in.  Franklin has $44M and ennui.

My wife played one game of Civ Rev to completion and is now done with the entire genre.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #8775 on: March 04, 2014, 08:12:46 AM

Finally managed to get really started on Witcher 2 after some false starts. God I hate the combat. Like the world and the story and the characters.
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #8776 on: March 04, 2014, 08:54:05 AM

Three more bosses down in Dark Souls!  I felt bad killing Sif with my Malamute sitting next to me.  I've also been playing WoW with some friends, it's ok I guess.  The horde side of our server is barren though.  I think most of the 90s are in a giant public guild, it's odd.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #8777 on: March 04, 2014, 09:33:38 AM

Civ V continues to be enjoyable (if a bit blander than you know which). The diplomacy seems way more believable and while I would like to see it expanded a lot more, it makes for a pretty good 'story'. As the naval superpower on an archipelago, I've been trying to keep world peace (too pageanty?) and the way power blocs developed was quite satisfying. There was a whole 'axis' that grew up around butt-hurt Germany after it got stomped (it was almost sad when he kept threatening us after being reduced to his capital); Indonesia had built up a decent armada and the axis was hiding behind them...until Indonesia done fucked up and plotted a secret attack which my spy uncovered.

Not sure he realized the extent of our defensive pact amongst the 'allies' but between the armies of Songhai/Sweden/Denmark and Portugal and my navies...woopsie. The naval AI was a bit weak, I might have to bump difficulty? He tried to just overwhelm with numbers, where I paired up Ships of the Line with Privateers to whittle him down with bombards and then steal his ships with the Privateer...like some kind of sea necromancer his losses were replenishing mine and I ended up with more ships than I started with!

Should be interesting to see what kind of pathetic stand the now-toothless axis can muster, but the game is pretty much over after the last few nights of naval war.

And this is where I endeavor to not mention You Know Which because a replay would be a bit vanilla.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8778 on: March 04, 2014, 10:40:41 AM

I agree the diplomacy is better than previously, even if it's not fantastic.  I was convinced when my one-city empire was able to convince at least four other nations and who-knows-how-many city states to pounce on that assgoblin Hiawatha.  I didn't even militarily engage the Iroquois at all, and now he's a marginal player in world politics.  Serves him right for getting pissy about all the Hindus in his country.  Most everyone else is fine with me owning the One True World Religion.

I'm playing something now that I don't want to tell anyone about.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #8779 on: March 04, 2014, 10:49:32 AM

We've got a lot of people here with embarrassing gaming habits.  Nothing you say can be that bad. 

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8780 on: March 04, 2014, 11:26:12 AM

Finally finished my first season as manager of Liverpool in Football Manager 2014 - 2nd place in the league which qualifies me for the Champion's League. All in all, a good result that's tracking nicely with reality (though Man U was 3rd so definitely not reality - HEH). I would have progressed more on Shadowrun Returns except that I have now become obsessed with Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014 - got over 100% on a song last night (Blitzkrieg Bop by The Ramones). Also, the new expansion came out for Battlefield 4 so I'm back to that as well.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #8781 on: March 04, 2014, 11:30:58 AM

I have now become obsessed with Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014 - got over 100% on a song last night (Blitzkrieg Bop by The Ramones).
And you were unknowingly cheered for that. And for the 5 days straight achievement! My widdle fingurs hurty too much for dat. Classical guitar gives pussy calluses. Wait, that's not right exactly.

Civ V religion: I started some pagan thunder god thing and then ignored it ever after.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8782 on: March 04, 2014, 11:33:28 AM

I had let my guitar calluses fade so that I'm back in the earning my calluses with weeks of numb fingers stage. I'm really trying to dedicate myself to 30 minutes to an hour or more each night. And it's a goddamn blast, which helps a lot.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #8783 on: March 04, 2014, 11:38:53 AM

We've got a lot of people here with embarrassing gaming habits.  Nothing you say can be that bad. 
That should be its own thread.  The "Embarrassing Gaming Habits" thread.  I have one dark secret and a few that could be discovered by an autist looking through my post history.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #8784 on: March 04, 2014, 02:21:42 PM

I've been playing a lot of Skyrim lately.  Or perhaps I should say I've mostly been playing Skyrim's Creation Kit.

I saw the wisps in Yngol's Barrow and spent three days turning those cute little buggers into a summon spell.  If anyone is curious, it can be found here.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: