Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 06:38:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: V (2009) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: V (2009)  (Read 27649 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #35 on: November 03, 2009, 12:01:54 PM

The female cast is enough reason for me to watch.  I mean Morena Baccarin, Elizabeth Mitchell, and Laura Vandervoort.   awesome, for real
Hellz to the yes.

Still watching Eastwick, fyi.

I watched all of Firefly for Morena Baccarin, Jewel Staite, and Summer Glau.

I'd agree except Jewel Staite talked like a retarded 8 year old in Firefly.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #36 on: November 03, 2009, 12:05:14 PM

So, you care about how the pretty girls sound but not if the show sucks.  Ok, I'll give up on understanding this.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #37 on: November 03, 2009, 12:09:05 PM

So, you care about how the pretty girls sound but not if the show sucks.  Ok, I'll give up on understanding this.
Hey, I don't make excuses for shitty shows with hot girls on them. I'm just saying, I'm gonna watch it. Not like I'm counting towards a demographic or something. Pretty sure Nielsen isn't all up in my MKVs.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #38 on: November 03, 2009, 01:23:15 PM

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: November 03, 2009, 06:14:53 PM

Soo, I didn't think it was horrible.  I think it has promise, but with the way ABC is handling the show I doubt it will last.  I mean they have 4 episodes for all of Nov., and then if they pick it up for more episodes it comes back in March.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #40 on: November 03, 2009, 08:18:10 PM

That's one of the reasons I watch a show for a bit and then end up forgetting it exists.  Sometimes they just seem to suddenly disappear. 

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: November 03, 2009, 09:16:06 PM

I think it started out okay, kinda dull, cramming like half the original series into 45 minutes, and I didn't care much about the characters. Then...it got really interesting at the first resistance meeting.

Signe, you are dead to me for hating on the original series!

With the economy in about the same shape as it was in the movie, a series about skull faced alien republicans and their Terran lackeys manipulating the world in order to better strip it of resources would have been better.

Yeah, they went there.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: November 03, 2009, 09:36:27 PM

The only thing I liked about the show was Alan Tudyk, and even that was kind of blunted because he already played that character in Dollhouse.  Joel Gretsch is awful in everything he's ever been in, even 4400 (which I kind of liked in spite of him) and Elizabeth Mitchell is the least believable FBI agent ever, even though they threw every TV law enforcement cliche at her.  Morena Baccarin does look uncannily reptilian, though.  She reminds me of the Geico geko.

Over and out.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #43 on: November 03, 2009, 10:23:35 PM

Too much plot stuck in this thing. If it was indeed a 4-ep miniseries I could see it, but if they are trying to stretch it into a series they basically put an entire first season into an hour and a half.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: November 03, 2009, 11:56:57 PM

Too much plot stuck in this thing. If it was indeed a 4-ep miniseries I could see it, but if they are trying to stretch it into a series they basically put an entire first season into an hour and a half.

I saw them as trying to get all the stuff that we already know out there and trying to move into their plot lines.  Did we really need to wait more than one episode to know that they are human skin wearing lizards here to take over the Earth?
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: November 04, 2009, 12:39:18 AM

I hope they're not here to steal our water again. That was irritatingly stupid even in the first series.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #46 on: November 04, 2009, 01:21:54 AM

I liked it. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #47 on: November 04, 2009, 04:55:33 AM

I'm so totally not dead to you.  You are rubbish at being mean!  It's not your nature.  Anyway, to be fair, I didn't see the first series.  Where ever I was at that time in my life, it didn't exist.  I saw part of one episode when this new series was announced and fell asleep about 15 minutes in.  I'm probably not the greatest person to judge it, but I did it anyway!  I did see Freddy Kruger and that make me laugh.  I'm not sure I've ever seen him in anything else.  I haven't seen this new series but the one thing that it has going for it is that it used that very dramatic (like most of them aren't?) song from Muse's new album.  That was a riot!

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: November 04, 2009, 07:10:16 AM

awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: November 04, 2009, 07:53:33 AM

...to be fair, I didn't see the first series.

Then you are too judgemental!

And yeah, that's pretty much the only other thing of note Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger) did.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: November 04, 2009, 08:07:11 AM

OK, I just finished watching and I'm a little disappointed that nobody ate a live rat. The original V had plenty of rat eating goodness!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #51 on: November 04, 2009, 08:24:58 AM

I liked it. They definitely tried to shoehorn too much into one episode, but they had to get the lizard reveal out there. Missing the rat-eating just like Reg.

It is absolutely fuckstupid that ABC is going to show 4 episodes then fuck right off to March. How do they expect to build a following like that? If they were going to do that, they should have made it a 4-hour miniseries event with a cliffhanger - they could have let the reveal breathe a bit, then hooked everyone with a bang-up ending. Idiots.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #52 on: November 04, 2009, 09:01:03 AM

Maybe I'll just record the four episodes as a reminder they exist and then start watching it all in March.

And I'm only judgmental about trivial things like TV politicians.  I'm hardly judgmental at all about important things like F13 people and beauty pageants. 

Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: November 04, 2009, 09:39:48 AM

Yawn.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
ShenMolo
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: November 04, 2009, 10:00:50 AM

Why they crammed so much into one episode and have a break until March:

But the series remake has run into roadblocks. V's pilot episode was well-received by advertisers and critics, but ABC's late-summer decision to start the show two months earlier than planned – in part to dodge American Idol and the broadcast of the Winter Olympics, also in Vancouver – led to script problems, which forced reshoots and a five-week production break.

The first of three planned story arcs was condensed from six to four fall episodes. And the show will test viewers' loyalty with a three-month hiatus; remaining episodes won't surface until March. A promotional campaign that called for planes to skywrite red V's over national landmarks was scuttled after publicity over potential environmental effects.

And Thursday, in a response to the show's production problems, Peters (USA Network's The 4400) was replaced at the helm of the show by Scott Rosenbaum (Chuck, The Shield), though he is expected to stay aboard as an executive producer.

"We had a great pilot, then a couple of great episodes, but we had a disconnect on where we were going from there," says ABC Entertainment Group chief Stephen McPherson. Though no stranger to tinkering (he made extensive changes to the original Grey's Anatomy pilot), "I hadn't had the experience of that before." But McPherson accepts "a little blame for rushing them."

From USA Today Review

I liked the first one when it came out, and this one too.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: November 04, 2009, 10:05:03 AM

I don't understand why the Space Republicans give us universal healthcare. They sound more like Space Democrats! awesome, for real

That wasn't as bad as i thought. It picked up speed in the second half.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: November 04, 2009, 11:59:09 AM

I thought they were Space Democrats, and I expect the end of the series to have a Sarah Palin-esque heroine defeating them!

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: November 04, 2009, 12:06:11 PM

I kept waiting for them to say that the aliens were providing humanity with Hope.  Then I remembered the show is on ABC, not Fox.

Over and out.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: November 04, 2009, 08:33:05 PM

Why they crammed so much into one episode and have a break until March:

But the series remake has run into roadblocks. V's pilot episode was well-received by advertisers and critics, but ABC's late-summer decision to start the show two months earlier than planned – in part to dodge American Idol and the broadcast of the Winter Olympics, also in Vancouver – led to script problems, which forced reshoots and a five-week production break.

The first of three planned story arcs was condensed from six to four fall episodes. And the show will test viewers' loyalty with a three-month hiatus; remaining episodes won't surface until March. A promotional campaign that called for planes to skywrite red V's over national landmarks was scuttled after publicity over potential environmental effects.

And Thursday, in a response to the show's production problems, Peters (USA Network's The 4400) was replaced at the helm of the show by Scott Rosenbaum (Chuck, The Shield), though he is expected to stay aboard as an executive producer.

"We had a great pilot, then a couple of great episodes, but we had a disconnect on where we were going from there," says ABC Entertainment Group chief Stephen McPherson. Though no stranger to tinkering (he made extensive changes to the original Grey's Anatomy pilot), "I hadn't had the experience of that before." But McPherson accepts "a little blame for rushing them."

From USA Today Review

I liked the first one when it came out, and this one too.

Well, I'm glad to hear they Have A Plan, instead of just running a series into the ground. Sadf that they got their schedule all cocked up. That's show biz!  awesome, for real

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: November 04, 2009, 08:36:52 PM

I just can't imagine sitting through a TV series because the girls are cute.  It just makes no sense at all to me.  They're just women.  They're everywhere.  It's possible to even meet them in person.  I'm hoping people are joking when they say stuff like that.  I stop watching a show when it stops being good.  Everyone does that.  Right?

You overestimate people, by a lot.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: November 04, 2009, 08:59:53 PM

From USA Today Review

Fuck yeah, now I am interested!
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #61 on: November 04, 2009, 10:42:33 PM

Fuck yeah, now I am interested!

You should be watching Sons of Anarchy. It is basically the son of The Shield.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: November 04, 2009, 10:54:56 PM

I liked the first episode. I already like it more than 'Flash Forward'.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #63 on: November 05, 2009, 07:15:03 AM

I liked the first episode. I already like it more than 'Flash Forward'.

Oh cmon, Gossip Girl is better than Flash Forward.

I, for one, welcome our new V overlords.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: November 05, 2009, 07:18:06 AM

So I guess I'm the only person who didn't really like it much.  Pretty much because I thought the two main characters (the FBI agent and the priest) both sucked.

Over and out.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #65 on: November 05, 2009, 08:02:08 AM

So I guess I'm the only person who didn't really like it much.  Pretty much because I thought the two main characters (the FBI agent and the priest) both sucked.

Pay attention!  The acting doesn't matter!   Ohhhhh, I see.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: November 05, 2009, 08:34:19 AM

I'm just disappointed that my favorite space whore is a lizard.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: November 05, 2009, 11:03:07 AM

I'm just disappointed that my favorite space whore is a lizard.

No your not.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: November 05, 2009, 02:17:52 PM

But what a lizard she is.

Enjoyed the pilot.  Looking forward to more.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: November 05, 2009, 05:05:18 PM

I liked it.  It lacked the OMFG DID THAT JUST HAPPEN moments of the original, like the guinea pig swallowing but it was pretty interesting non-the-less.  One thing i did not like was that the red V tagging was supposed to stand for "Victory" and it was a sign of resistance, not something you did to show support for the aliens.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: V (2009)  
Jump to: