Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:13:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Football- It's FANtastic! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Football- It's FANtastic!  (Read 176794 times)
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: October 08, 2007, 08:45:38 PM

Can the 49ers get any worse?
Here's a bit of draft info for you:  The Pats own our first round draft pick so even though they lost theirs, they will most likely draft high.

There is a possibility that NE won't have any draft picks due to the controversy in Week One. Don't forget that. ;)
He's referring to that.  The Pats had two first round picks when the season started, theirs and the 9'ers.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #71 on: October 08, 2007, 09:01:17 PM

Sucks to be the Bills.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #72 on: October 08, 2007, 09:21:20 PM

Speaking as a lifelong Cowboys fan, I'm freaking ecstatic. That was the biggest emotional rollercoaster I've seen in a long time in the NFL and we came out on top. Romo played like ass but marched the ball when it counted at the end.

PS - That coaches call at the snap on a kick, that shit has to go tomorrow. WAKE UP NFL! That's dirty pool.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #73 on: October 08, 2007, 09:26:18 PM

I'm not gonna gloat. Dallas fell apart, but Folk was the freakin man tonight.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: October 08, 2007, 11:11:53 PM

I FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME.   
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: October 08, 2007, 11:43:23 PM

Tony Romo is the second quarterback in Monday Night Football history to throw five picks and win. The other one? Wade Wilson, now the Cowboys QB coach, with the Vikings.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-3-386/Tony-Romo-factoid.html

I feel for the Bills. They are a hard working team that still manages to lose consistently. They aren't at all like the Dolphins, who happen to be the butt-cyst of the NFL.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #76 on: October 09, 2007, 03:05:42 AM

The Bills are one of the cursed teams. Miami has nothin' on them.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: October 09, 2007, 05:09:25 AM

When you consider how many times they've been to the Super Bowl only to tank big time. The winters sure are cold in Buffalo.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #78 on: October 09, 2007, 05:21:30 AM

There was a funny X-Files episode about that once. It was all about the Smoking Man...Kind of a day-in-the-life of the Smoking Man. Anyways, there was this one scene where he and his cronies were having a roundtable about the day-to-day plots they were carrying out, and then one guy brought up the Buffalo Bills. The Smoking Man cut in and was like "As long as I live, the Bills will never win a damn thing!" Haha

Last night really had to hurt though, cuz it was the Cowboys who pounded them in the ass back in the day. That shit is probably personal with a lot of Buffalo fans
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: October 09, 2007, 05:23:33 AM

There are at least six plays they had to make down the stretch to win the game, and it is a shame that they couldn't make even one of them.

But then it goes to show why they didn't deserve to win the game, even if they made Romo look like a JV football quaterback.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #80 on: October 09, 2007, 06:40:06 AM

My best friend is a huge Bills fan, I don't have a particular team I stick with. I was happy things were going well for the Bills, but the commentatards were celebrating WAY too early. It's the Bills. Choke is what they do best.

Someone should've gotten the camera out of Romo's face a lot faster after the game.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: October 09, 2007, 09:17:20 AM

PS - That coaches call at the snap on a kick, that shit has to go tomorrow. WAKE UP NFL! That's dirty pool.

No doubt.  Despite the fact that I'm a firm believer that it helps the kicker, that shit pissed me off, and I didn't have a horse in the race (I'm a Packers fan).  All it's going to take is for some kicker to miss it on the 'time out' kick, then make it on the next one.  It's a bush league play.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #82 on: October 09, 2007, 09:21:31 AM

At least we didn't have Gramatica. He probably would have nailed the first kick, then jumped up and down like a fool, popped his knee out of place, and then fucked up the second one.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: October 11, 2007, 06:40:54 AM

I've looked and I've looked and no-where can I find the headline, "Major Breakthrough in Bush Probe."

All things considered I am rather disappointed that no one went for the obvious low hanging fruit.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #84 on: October 14, 2007, 01:55:24 PM

Geez....
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #85 on: October 15, 2007, 12:26:35 AM

Nobody wants to rub in the Cowboys loss? I guess that's because even Cowboys fans expected it. That's fine though, 12-4 is all I'm shooting for.

Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: October 15, 2007, 01:31:09 AM

Nobody wants to rub in the Cowboys loss? I guess that's because even Cowboys fans expected it. That's fine though, 12-4 is all I'm shooting for.

Romo looked much better in the second half, probably because the Cowboys made some OL adjustments. In 30 some-odd years of watching football though I haven't seen a more dominant team than the Pats right now. I'm wondering if they peaked too early though and fizzle out somewhat to "beatable" by the time the playoffs get here.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #87 on: October 15, 2007, 03:18:17 AM

I was prepared for a loss, but I expected a lot closer of a game. I think Wade concentrated too much on making big defensive plays.... And realized he screwed up once the game actually started. The Pats just chip and chip away, and Brady can not be stopped on 3rd it seems.

I think a team has gotta match them --- and then they have to make a few huge plays to put it over the top. The Cowboy offense is one of the few who have a chance of actually scoring over 40 points against them too, but for whatever reason, they weren't prepared to play like that yesterday.

[EDIT] Hell, the 27 that Dallas DID score was the most NE has allowed to anyone so far, and that's without their usual confidence. They're capable of more...So that's what disappoints me about that game the most.

Anyways, hell no. The Patriots won't fizzle out. They're even better now than before.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 04:03:06 AM by Stray »
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: October 15, 2007, 06:53:34 AM

If the Giants win tonight by 4+ points, my $1k Sports Select ticket this week hits! I took Baltimore to win, NE to win, Tampa/Tenn to tie, GB/Wash to tie and Giants to win.

Suddenly, I'm pretty interested in a very shitty MNF game.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #89 on: October 15, 2007, 09:48:16 AM

I just hadn't got to posting yet.

I believe that yes, I did indeed say that the Cowboys were not as good as all that. Both teams are what we thought they were. The NFL is a 2-team league right now, Indy and New England. Every one else is playing a division below that. Frankly, I'm not even sure the Cowboys are better than the Chargers or the Steelers. I know both defenses are better than the Cowboy's D.

The Packers showed that they are a cut below the Cowboys, IMO. They have to get a running game going, or they are going to get beat in the playoffs by someone like Dallas or Tampa Bay.

My top 10 power rankings for the NFL right now are : 1) New England, 2) Indy, 3) Pittsburgh, 4) San Diego, 5) Dallas, 6) Baltimore, 7) Tampa Bay, 8) Jacksonville, 9) Green Bay, 10) Carolina.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #90 on: October 15, 2007, 10:00:23 AM

Seattle really strapped on the clown shoes.  They are like the Seahawks of my childhood.

"Me am play gods"
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #91 on: October 15, 2007, 10:06:27 AM

Shit nevermind
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: October 15, 2007, 10:31:24 AM

The Cowboys really stepped on their dick with the dozen penalties for 100 yards.  Drive killers right there.  That and yes they could not stop them on 3rd down AT ALL didn't matter if it was for 20 yards or 2.  Anthony Henry please get healthy. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #93 on: October 15, 2007, 10:34:49 AM

I still think the Cowboys are playoff bound and they are still my pick to make it to the Super Bowl in the NFC. I think that playing the Patriots early in the season will give them a huge advantage in the Super Bowl, because they will know exactly what to expect. I think Wade was confused by how good the Pats are on 3rd downs, and we always played the wrong defense.

WayAbvPar

Reply #94 on: October 15, 2007, 10:52:34 AM

Seattle really strapped on the clown shoes.  They are like the Seahawks of my childhood.

I am not sure I can discuss it rationally yet. At least I wasn't AT that debacle. OTOH, if I was there, I would have been drunk, so that might have made it slightly less painful.

Hasselbeck is playing like dogshit. He is overthrowing guys, taking too long to make his reads, and audibling too often (when asked why Weaver ran for 2 yards on 4 and 3, all Holmgren would say was "I had a pass play called".

The pass rush was nonexistent. Brees had all fucking day to sit back and pick the secondary apart. The O line was mediocre at best again, and Shaun Alexander got his ass booed (and rightfully so).

The team is in shambles atm. My only hope right now is that they get by a truly terrible Rams team next week, get to the bye, get some guys healthy, and pull their collective heads out of their asses. They can still easily win their division, but they will get shellacked by anyone else in the playoffs.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: October 15, 2007, 11:07:49 AM

Shaun Alexander got his ass booed (and rightfully so).
Yeah he is the definition of 'playing for a big contract'.  Once he got that he was useless, and just worse now without Strong blocking for him.  Wonder what being benched for a few games would do to turn that around but that will never happen. 
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: October 15, 2007, 11:14:25 AM

Stuff.

I think the falling cameras spooked the Seahawks.

Note: bring large cameras to next week's game vs Atlanta.  We need wins.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #97 on: October 15, 2007, 11:57:06 AM

I still think the Cowboys are playoff bound and they are still my pick to make it to the Super Bowl in the NFC.

Of course they'll make the playoffs, with a good shot at making the Super Bowl. It's not like they are a bad team. I mean, who else is going to challenge them in the NFC? Green Bay? Not without a running game. The Bucs? Their streak is going to end soon, that defense isn't going to carry them the whole year. The Giants? SHITTY D will tell and the Giants have been making ground on inconsistent or plain bad teams. The Cowboys are the best team in the NFC, they just aren't anywhere near New England's level. Romo vs. Brady (or even Manning) in the Super Bowl? Not a contest, Romo will not win. At least not for another few years.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #98 on: October 15, 2007, 01:55:52 PM

Everybody wants to crown the Pats or the Colts right now, but this is the NFL. Granted, this year's version of parity isn't anywhere near as good as it's been in the past, but you have to play a full season and then survive your way through the gauntlet that is the playoffs. Who's to say that Pittsburgh or Denver couldn't step up and bite those teams in the ass in a playoff run? Who's to say the Giants don't suddenly emerge as a new defensive unit in the second half of the year? Who's to say that the Bears won't find new offensive hope by putting Devon Hester on offensive plays instead of just as a return man?

I just think the second half will toss some whacky changes at the league.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #99 on: October 15, 2007, 01:57:42 PM

Oh, it most definitely will not be Denver at the very least.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #100 on: October 15, 2007, 02:09:44 PM

Shit, this season has ALREADY been whacky as fuck. I don't doubt there could be some curveballs thrown in the second half or the playoffs. I firmly believe that if the Colts get a first-round bye, they will not make the Super Bowl. Both those teams are likely to lose at least 1 game if not more. If anyone can stop them, it's Pittsburgh.

But the Giants find a consistent, competent defense? Now you're in lulz land.

WayAbvPar

Reply #101 on: October 15, 2007, 02:19:32 PM

Everybody wants to crown the Pats or the Colts right now, but this is the NFL. Granted, this year's version of parity isn't anywhere near as good as it's been in the past, but you have to play a full season and then survive your way through the gauntlet that is the playoffs. Who's to say that Pittsburgh or Denver couldn't step up and bite those teams in the ass in a playoff run? Who's to say the Giants don't suddenly emerge as a new defensive unit in the second half of the year? Who's to say that the Bears won't find new offensive hope by putting Devon Hester on offensive plays instead of just as a return man?

I just think the second half will toss some whacky changes at the league.

If you want to crown them, crown their ass! They are who we thought they were!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: October 15, 2007, 04:38:20 PM

The team is in shambles atm. My only hope right now is that they get by a truly terrible Rams team next week, get to the bye, get some guys healthy, and pull their collective heads out of their asses. They can still easily win their division, but they will get shellacked by anyone else in the playoffs.

It'll come down to the 49ers and Seahawks game on Nov 12.
Although I'm not sure winning the worst division is something to be proud of.
WayAbvPar

Reply #103 on: October 15, 2007, 04:47:44 PM

Pity I don't have tickets to that one, or I would invite your over to our tailgating spot for some pre-game smacktalk and plenty of adult beverages. IIRC I have St. Louis, Chicago, and Arizona left to attend. If they don't start playing better I am not sure I will bother- people are getting outrageous prices for tickets through the brokers.

Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: October 15, 2007, 04:48:46 PM

I'm pleasantly surprised by the Brownies this year- only a missed field goal against Oakland from being 4-2 right now.  Of course it will all end horribly at something like 6-10, but one can dream.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Football- It's FANtastic!  
Jump to: