Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:40:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Football- It's FANtastic! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Football- It's FANtastic!  (Read 176466 times)
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #525 on: December 30, 2007, 07:03:01 PM

It's also that he left his now-pregnant ex for ANOTHER supermodel.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #526 on: December 30, 2007, 07:50:35 PM

Man, you guys are terribly judgmental about something you know little about, or is even your business. That sounds more "bad" to me than being in the unfortunate situation of knocking a girl up that you ultimately can't work things out and stay with. Something that happens all the time by good people everywhere. Like I said, shit happens.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 07:52:22 PM by Stray »
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #527 on: December 30, 2007, 09:43:04 PM

That sounds more "bad" to me than being in the unfortunate situation of knocking a girl up that you ultimately can't work things out and stay with. Something that happens all the time by good people everywhere.

Nope. No matter how you gift wrap that shit, it doesn't happen randomly. It happens to stupid people who fuck up. I can forgive their problems, but not if they don't deal with the situation at hand. Am I judging? Yes, in a way I am. I am because I don't understand how you could be dumb enough to let that happen if it's not part of your life plan. We live in a society of so much birth control it's almost to the point of hubris to "accidently" get someone pregnant.

Maybe there's more to it. Maybe there's not. My guess is that he didn't even do the bare minimum to cover up, and this is what he got.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 09:47:09 PM by Paelos »

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #528 on: December 30, 2007, 09:46:17 PM

Now wait just a minute. Unless you are going to argue that someone just shouldn't have sex before they are married (and if you are asserting that, you should just say so) then it is entirely possible for it to happen to "good" people all the time. Who says he knew she was preggo when they broke up? Who said it was his fault they did?

And if you are asserting that he is a "bad person" for having the temerity to sleep with someone he wasn't married to (who was also single and presumably was just fine with sleeping with him), you are being judgmental prude.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #529 on: December 30, 2007, 09:49:18 PM

As to your edit, it is possible for birth control to fail or even for one partner to lie about their birth control situation. You seem to be in quite a position to judge other people's relationships and sex habits without much basis in either experience or fact.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #530 on: December 30, 2007, 09:49:22 PM

Now wait just a minute. Unless you are going to argue that someone just shouldn't have sex before they are married (and if you are asserting that, you should just say so) then it is entirely possible for it to happen to "good" people all the time. Who says he knew she was preggo when they broke up? Who said it was his fault they did?

And if you are asserting that he is a "bad person" for having the temerity to sleep with someone he wasn't married to (who was also single and presumably was just fine with sleeping with him), you are being judgmental prude.

I don't believe you should randomly sleep with people you aren't married to. That's also part of my moral and religious code. However, I know people that do and I try to ignore it or look the other way because it's not my life. HOWEVER, when you have a kid, and then subsequently leave that person, you are a douchebag as a man.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #531 on: December 30, 2007, 09:51:05 PM

As to your edit, it is possible for birth control to fail or even for one partner to lie about their birth control situation. You seem to be in quite a position to judge other people's relationships and sex habits without much basis in either experience or fact.

Was the wrapper on his dick? I'd bet tons of money it wasn't the condom that failed. Own what you can own.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #532 on: December 30, 2007, 09:51:52 PM

I don't believe you should randomly sleep with people you aren't married to. That's also part of my moral and religious code. However, I know people that do and I try to ignore it or look the other way because it's not my life. HOWEVER, when you have a kid, and then subsequently leave that person, you are a douchebag as a man.

If you read that article, you will see that they broke up in late 2006 and that she confirmed that she was three months pregnant in February of 2007. It's entirely possible that they split up before they knew she was pregnant. Maybe not. Who knows. But you sound like an asshole making such statements about something you know nothing about.

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #533 on: December 30, 2007, 09:53:10 PM

And it is also entirely possible to be a good guy, a good father and good man to a son when you aren't married to your son's mother.

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #534 on: December 30, 2007, 09:58:38 PM

And it is also entirely possible to be a good guy, a good father and good man to a son when you aren't married to your son's mother.

True, and many divorced couples work it out for the kids in such a fashion. I can understand a man having children in a marriage and that marriage dissolving. I don't understand it happening outside those committed boundaries if you are remotely educated and properly protected.

This will delve into politics I'm sure, so we'll just put my views on the subject into the box of crazy Christian guy and move on. It's a football thread after all, and I don't want it to get poisoned by my feelings towards one man on a team of many.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #535 on: December 30, 2007, 10:04:53 PM

I don't care where things end up. You've made a bold (some would say foolish) statement so now you have to support it.

So, let me get this straight. He is a "bad man" because he did some combination of these things:

1) Had sex with someone who wasn't his wife.
2) Apparently didn't use a "Paleos-approved" method of birth control.
3) Either upon learning his girlfriend was pregnant did not either: a) propose on the spot, or b) seek to reconcile a busted relationship and get married "for the sake of the kid."
4) But if he had of done one of the options contained in #3, been married for however brief of period of time, then divorce her, all would be absolved.

Am I getting this correctly?

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #536 on: December 30, 2007, 10:13:36 PM

I don't care where things end up. You've made a bold (some would say foolish) statement so now you have to support it.

So, let me get this straight. He is a "bad man" because he did some combination of these things:

1) Had sex with someone who wasn't his wife.
2) Apparently didn't use a "Paleos-approved" method of birth control.
3) Either upon learning his girlfriend was pregnant did not either: a) propose on the spot, or b) seek to reconcile a busted relationship and get married "for the sake of the kid."
4) But if he had of done one of the options contained in #3, been married for however brief of period of time, then divorce her, all would be absolved.

Am I getting this correctly?

You don't really care what I think, nor do you actually want to defend Tom Brady against my thought process. We have differing moral views on sexuality from our own experiences and backgrounds. Let's just let it go.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #537 on: December 30, 2007, 10:16:02 PM

No, you made the statement, why are you afraid to defend it?

I am trying to find out exactly what you find objectionable about his behavior.  The second inquiry is whether you believe everyone who does not follow your particular "moral code," regardless of whether they themselves personally share it, are all "bad guys."

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #538 on: December 30, 2007, 10:19:40 PM

No, you made the statement, why are you afraid to defend it?

I am trying to find out exactly what you find objectionable about his behavior.  The second inquiry is whether you believe everyone who does not follow your particular "moral code," regardless of whether they themselves personally share it, are all "bad guys."

The short answer is time and place. This is neither. This is a football thread I don't want to get sent to "The Place I Never Visit." I have an antiquated view on morality and religion that most here find objectionable, so I stopped preaching at you people. This was a rare glimpse into the way I think that I don't feel I have to defend, because you don't want to really hear it. You want to ream for something you think is wrong because of what I said.

If that's the case, fine. I was wrong for having said it. I don't really care. I don't want to keep this going. I don't care about Tom Brady as I've never met the man. I would hope his child is brought up well and cared for. That is all.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #539 on: December 30, 2007, 10:24:32 PM

Wow, that was a rather pathetic cop out.

I'm not asking to be "preached" to. I'm asking you to respond to a question. If you are fundamentally incapable of doing that to justify something you have stated, you should refrain from saying it in the first place.

I'm also not look to "ream" you because you said something "wrong." I am trying to figure out what the fuck you are talking about. Quit beating around the bush and just say what you mean. It will make things easier.

-H.L. Mencken
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #540 on: December 30, 2007, 10:32:27 PM

I don't think pregnancies happen by accident, and I don't think they are a justifiable reason to leave a relationship.
I don't think that sex is a meaningless activity to be had by whomever you meet, no matter how long you "date"
I don't think that Tom Brady exercised any caution in protecting himself in his sexual relationship, because the combined failure rates of dual contraceptives when both parties are using them are infintessimally small.
I think he's an arrogent son of bitch.
I think they broke up because of that child.
I think the chances that he'll actually give two shits about that child as a playboy QB dating another supermodel are minimal.

Is that clear enough?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 10:34:25 PM by Paelos »

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #541 on: December 30, 2007, 10:41:00 PM

Who said he left BECAUSE she was pregnant? Where are you getting all of this?

Hell, when does that ever happen? That's just a completely bizarre scenario.

I can forgive their problems

Not only do you not have a right to judge them. You don't have a right to forgive them either.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #542 on: December 30, 2007, 10:46:08 PM

It doesn't matter. You knock up your girlfriend and then walk away, and I'm going to think less of you. There's numerous reasons why, which you all seem to happily ignore because apparently everyone has the right to happily fuck away with zero consequences.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #543 on: December 30, 2007, 10:49:55 PM

BOSTON -- For the first time, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is talking about becoming a dad.

He told Details Magazine that it will certainly be a challenge, but wonders why it has gotten so much public attention. "It doesn't affect anybody but me anyway, so why is it a big deal?" Brady told the magazine.

Brady said he and his ex, actress Bridget Moynahan, know the sex of their baby but he isn't about to tell everyone just yet.

"It’s going to be a challenge,” he said. "I guess that late at night, I’m not so much scared as thinking of it as a huge unknown. I want to prepare for it the way I do everything else in my life. I make lists. I make plans."

Brady, who is now dating Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bündchen told Details "I'm attracted to women who are smart and funny and ambitious and have lives of their own and great families. Isn’t that what attracts anyone?".

Brady said could he just go live a quiet life in Vermont, but "is that what I really want?"

Those are direct quotes. That's why I think he doesn't care. The whole thing seems to be a sideshow to him that he just wants to go away.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #544 on: December 30, 2007, 10:50:58 PM

It doesn't matter. You knock up your girlfriend and then walk away, and I'm going to think less of you. There's numerous reasons why, which you all seem to happily ignore because apparently everyone has the right to happily fuck away with zero consequences.

He might've walked away before they even knew. They might have had extreme irreconcilable differences (shit happens), then all of the sudden they found out that she's pregnant. Maybe they can be admired in one respect from your point of view, that although they couldn't get along, they recognized that having a child would be a good thing, that they at least saw each other as good parents, and that they didn't end the pregnancy.

I'm not happily ignoring anything. I can think of a hundred legitimate reasons why shit goes down like this. You're the one ignoring things.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #545 on: December 30, 2007, 10:53:52 PM

BOSTON -- For the first time, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is talking about becoming a dad.

He told Details Magazine that it will certainly be a challenge, but wonders why it has gotten so much public attention. "It doesn't affect anybody but me anyway, so why is it a big deal?" Brady told the magazine.

Brady said he and his ex, actress Bridget Moynahan, know the sex of their baby but he isn't about to tell everyone just yet.

"It’s going to be a challenge,” he said. "I guess that late at night, I’m not so much scared as thinking of it as a huge unknown. I want to prepare for it the way I do everything else in my life. I make lists. I make plans."

Brady, who is now dating Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bündchen told Details "I'm attracted to women who are smart and funny and ambitious and have lives of their own and great families. Isn’t that what attracts anyone?".

Brady said could he just go live a quiet life in Vermont, but "is that what I really want?"

Those are direct quotes. That's why I think he doesn't care. The whole thing seems to be a sideshow to him that he just wants to go away.

Not sure why that makes him an asshole. He's telling all of us to stay the fuck out of his business. I'd like to respect that.

Besides, he obviously thinks it's a big deal, what with the comments about making big plans and all that.

Basically, I have no idea what you're trying to say by posting these quotes.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #546 on: December 30, 2007, 10:55:00 PM

And I think that you wouldn't put good money on any of those possibilties. A regular public figure when faced with such a think would at least talk about love, or the child, or the general situation. Everything he says is all about him. He's an arrogent man, and it shows when he speaks. I don't like him and I don't like what he stands for. That's where the original statement came from. Hell, a simple statement like "I'm going to take care of that kid" would go a long way.

I notice no one took exception to me calling out Randy Moss as a substandard human being though. Perhaps that was too easy.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #547 on: December 30, 2007, 10:58:08 PM

Lol, man you're warped. He's obligated to tell you everything, and if he doesn't, then you're free to imagine worst possible scenarios and then judge him harshly on said imaginations? Yeah, OK.

Anyways, I'll respect Tom Brady and just shut the fuck about it. But you are being way too harsh, I'll just say that.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #548 on: December 30, 2007, 11:03:36 PM

Lol, man you're warped. He's obligated to tell you everything, and if he doesn't, then you're free to imagine worst possible scenarios and then judge him harshly on said imaginations? Yeah, OK.

Anyways, I'll respect Tom Brady and just shut the fuck about it. But you are being way too harsh, I'll just say that.

Fair enough. I didn't expect to sway people to my viewpoint about the man. I simply don't like him and I tried to explain why. Perhaps my viewpoint is warped. It's a question I do ask daily, because I'm not tied to one simple philosophy.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #549 on: December 30, 2007, 11:16:41 PM

We're finished with this line of conversation then? I really don't want to send something born of football to the Den or worse Politics.

FOOTBALL. Discuss.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #550 on: December 30, 2007, 11:17:47 PM

We're finished with this line of conversation then? I really don't want to send something born of football to the Den or worse Politics.

FOOTBALL. Discuss.

Believe me that's the last place I want this. As I stated before.

In other news. Tenessee and Washington surprised me today. I didn't think they'd actually come out to play like they did. The Cowboys on the other hand, well, they sucked ass. I'm hoping that it isn't a sign of how things might go in bad weather, even though it was a meaningless game to them.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #551 on: December 31, 2007, 01:29:31 AM

Before I talk about football again, I just need to clarify something. Paelos: I don't think you're warped for your moral stance. Of course, the ideals that you have in mind are a good thing. Believe it or not, I'm with you there, more or less. I might be more umm... of a realist than a idealist, but still, I know where you're coming from. Hell, most people want what you're talking about -- so if you think you're morality is being questioned here, you're wrong. I say you're warped because you're judging a guy, totally unrelated to you at that, on just a little tabloidal information and assumptions.

Anyhow, err... Football. I hate that teams bring in their 2nd stringers, like the Cowboys did today, just because nothing is "at stake".

Besides, something really was at stake here: Letting the Redskins make the playoffs. And that's just a truly un-Dallas like attitude to let that ever happen!
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #552 on: December 31, 2007, 01:45:34 AM

FOOTBALL. Discuss.

Thank god this season is over with a win yesterday over the Steelers.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #553 on: December 31, 2007, 07:21:45 AM

Judge not, lest ye be judged.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #554 on: December 31, 2007, 08:35:28 AM

Anyhow, err... Football. I hate that teams bring in their 2nd stringers, like the Cowboys did today, just because nothing is "at stake".

Besides, something really was at stake here: Letting the Redskins make the playoffs. And that's just a truly un-Dallas like attitude to let that ever happen!

This game really pissed me off.  We let our division rivals into the playoffs giving them huge momentum.  The way they are playing right now we will be seeing them in the playoffs when we could have eliminated that threat yesterday. 
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #555 on: December 31, 2007, 11:36:56 AM

Yes, let us all thank god that the Ravens were able to beat the Steelers' 4th stringers.  We're all very proud of them.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #556 on: December 31, 2007, 11:42:21 AM

This game really pissed me off.  We let our division rivals into the playoffs giving them huge momentum.  The way they are playing right now we will be seeing them in the playoffs when we could have eliminated that threat yesterday. 

Cowboys had chance to bury Redskins, and they may face them in 2 weeks, as it certainly not inconceivable Redskins beat Seahawks on Saturday.

/predictions

Redskins over Seahawks
Jaguars over Steelers
Titans over Chargers
Giants over Buccaneers

All road teams win, don't know if that is unprecedented.

Doesn't matter anyway, as Patriots will waltz to SB XLII victory.

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #557 on: December 31, 2007, 12:08:11 PM

Yes, let us all thank god that the Ravens were able to beat the Steelers' 4th stringers.  We're all very proud of them.

ESPN saying the Ravens just fired Billick. Wasn't expecting that.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #558 on: December 31, 2007, 12:12:35 PM

I figured he was toast and said it earlier in the season even though somebody I was watching game with said "he just signed an extension"… …when your team melts down, calls you & teammates out on public radio broadcast, it means coach ain't in control…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #559 on: December 31, 2007, 12:31:40 PM

I figured he was toast and said it earlier in the season even though somebody I was watching game with said "he just signed an extension"… …when your team melts down, calls you & teammates out on public radio broadcast, it means coach ain't in control…

The only rumor going around this morning was that they were going to force him to let his offensive coordinator actually run the offense.  Holy shit.  It's like Christmas all over again.   
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Football- It's FANtastic!  
Jump to: