Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:08:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2254968 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #5285 on: October 20, 2011, 11:01:08 AM

LoL is my life now, but I've managed to squeeze in some Red Faction Armageddon.

Same boat, but I'll be trying to fit in some Dark Souls.  Wish I would have tried it earlier. 

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5286 on: October 20, 2011, 11:31:16 AM

LoL is my life now, but I've managed to squeeze in some Red Faction Armageddon.

Same boat, but I'll be trying to fit in some Dark Souls.  Wish I would have tried it earlier. 

Heh, my gaming time is a struggle to find time for LoL, Madden 12, FIFA 12 with the f13 Blood Bowl leagues thrown in. Where is my sugar mommy when I need her?

Sand
Terracotta Army

Reply #5287 on: October 21, 2011, 11:06:35 AM

I added it to my facebook games. Problem though with most of these games is how big a rip off they are compared to normal games. For example I can buy a full stand alone game like Heroes of Might and Magic VI right now on Steam for $49. But to buy unlimited play time on this facebook game they want $50 for credits as well. Thats ridiculous when comparing the quality of the two games being offered at the same price.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #5288 on: October 21, 2011, 11:44:44 AM

This is pish.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #5289 on: October 21, 2011, 11:53:43 AM

Dungeon Defenders (PC, Steam,) Torchlight (Steam), EQ2 (F2P, Silver Package)
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #5290 on: October 21, 2011, 11:54:59 AM

I've started university (again) so haven't played a lot, lately: still, my studying habits are going to take a huge hit because, like it always happens every year around this time, Football Manager is out (published today)  ACK! ACK!

awesome, for real

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5291 on: October 21, 2011, 01:12:58 PM

Football Manager 2012 just released.  There goes my weekend!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #5292 on: October 22, 2011, 04:17:41 AM

just how many layer of shit can developers coat their games with these days?

GTA4 - bought off steam -
-sign in to SOCIAL CLUB!
- SECURE ROM!
- YOU MUST LOGIN TO GAY FOR WINDOWS LIVE TO SAVE GAME

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

HATE THIS SHIT

I bought the game, LET ME PLAY IT FFS.\

Edit: They asked for my first name and I just tossed 'Fuck You' in the XBox Live registration. Why do I have to login to an XBOX LIVE NETWORK WHEN I'm playing on PC?! WTF
And they gave me a new name instead....a gamertag they call it.

My gamertag, according to microsoft is 'LoneMoss122956'

swamp poop Had enough of this shit. This is why I pirate games. I don't need to suffer through this bullshit.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 04:36:57 AM by rk47 »

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5293 on: October 22, 2011, 06:53:32 AM

Ohhhhh, I see.

You don't need to log into Rockstar Social club unless you want to play multiplayer.

GFWL has its toes in a lot of ponds, Fallout 3 etc. You log in once and it autologs in. Failing to see how it's a rage-worthy burden.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #5294 on: October 22, 2011, 07:10:23 AM

Sorry man, I was expecting them to lighten up on the DRM since I'm buying it off steam but to have it like this and games won't be playable until you install GFWL is flipping the rage switch on me.
I'll do more research from now on. :( Hate these sort of crippling features.

Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #5295 on: October 23, 2011, 12:54:38 AM

So been messing around in Battlefield:BC2. How rampant is cheating on the PC? My FPS twitch skills are horrible I'll admit. But it seems if anyone sees me, no matter how far away or what kit, I am dead in about half a second. Whereas even when I get the drop on someone I am lucky to kill them before they turn around and kill me. Seeing some guy run up to the point my squad is defending and casually take all four of us noobs out by himself makes me wonder. Ditto trying to snipe some distant medic/eng with my 12x scope and having them quickly take me out with a burst from their un-scoped gun. Am I just a baddie?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 01:02:29 AM by Ragnoros »

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #5296 on: October 23, 2011, 01:20:40 AM

Most of them are already THAT good of a level by now. Been in servers where most of the top killers are usually level 50s. It's pretty much reflex. It took me weeks before I could kill someone in one clip of the assault rifle. Before that I just went full medic to spam bullets at red triangles, living off kill assist points and revives. Try playing recon and spam the motion sensors if it gets too harsh. Equip the shotgun and have fun.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5297 on: October 23, 2011, 05:52:03 AM

Still messing around with my modded Minecraft world; trying to figure out how solar generators work in IndustrialCraft. Also doing some co op Dungeon Defenders with my girlfriend. We tried playing with another one of our friends but with three people there we all felt mana starved.

Also picked up the second EDF for Xbox 360 after the first was highly recommended. I only paid $25 for it but still I'm a bit disappointed and might be returning it.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #5298 on: October 23, 2011, 08:34:34 AM

Been enjoying Payday: The Heist quite a bit. FPS coop. Think L4D mixed in with a CoV style timed tasks while wave after wave of cops come at ya. The physics and graphics are good and the AI seems pretty clever.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #5299 on: October 23, 2011, 10:49:07 AM

I have been having some fun with HoMM6

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5300 on: October 23, 2011, 01:21:28 PM

I've been studying (and study-avoiding), so gaming has been breaks while staying at the computer. Bits of LotRO, Space Marine (campaign and laggy MP), Dawn of War II campaign (finally got it working after.. a year?) and DoWII Retribution Last Stand.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #5301 on: October 23, 2011, 04:46:49 PM

Saints Row 2. After all the talk here about 3 and how much fun 2 was, I thought I'd try.

It's a fucking blast.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #5302 on: October 23, 2011, 06:35:55 PM

Hey Engels! What's your steam name? Heist is more fun when you're not playing with pubbers.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5303 on: October 23, 2011, 06:37:58 PM

Saints Row 2. After all the talk here about 3 and how much fun 2 was, I thought I'd try.

It's a fucking blast.

It is indeed!
What platform are you on? You should also try it in co-op, which adds to the unsanity.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #5304 on: October 23, 2011, 06:53:40 PM

PC. Picked it up on steam for like 14 bucks.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5305 on: October 23, 2011, 10:37:06 PM

Maybe this new pc will play it well...
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #5306 on: October 24, 2011, 08:15:48 AM

Hey Engels! What's your steam name? Heist is more fun when you're not playing with pubbers.

Its [f13]Engels. Currently playing with clanmates in our WoT clan Evil Chickens, but we often have a spot for another, so we can look for you once we're steam pals.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #5307 on: October 25, 2011, 04:38:07 PM

Finally finished MTG 2012.  Funny - how better to beat Jace, Jace, and Jace than...  with Jace.   awesome, for real

Playing through GH4 again to unlock all the songs.  Man, there's a lot of songs on that disk.  Unlocked them all on the PS2 years back, going for the repeat on the PS3.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5308 on: October 29, 2011, 09:41:08 AM

About to give up on SR2. Either runs too fast or too slow, no amount of tweaking with the powertools can get it right. Between this and the bullshit with getting Oblivion up and running, I'm suddenly much less interested in the next two big releases. As a pc gamer, I don't mind doing a little tweaking, but these two games are ridiculous.

Back to minecraft, indie ftw.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5309 on: October 29, 2011, 01:27:21 PM

Finally getting around to playing some Bastion; bought it a month ago after playing the demo but haven't really had time until now. I like it much better on the Xbox than I would on the PC.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #5310 on: October 31, 2011, 04:15:28 AM

Finally getting around to playing some Bastion; bought it a month ago after playing the demo but haven't really had time until now. I like it much better on the Xbox than I would on the PC.

I guess it depends on how you want to play it.  I liked the bow and machete so having relatively precise aiming while still moving around like mad was nice.  I never bothered to finish it though so maybe I'll give it a whirl with my 360 controller.

Played the first couple single-player levels of Trine 2 and it's so very pretty.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #5311 on: November 01, 2011, 04:27:59 AM

I've been playing Borderlands. Does it get better later in the game? Getting really bored about 5 hours in. Still in the same start-ish area. Everything looks identical. No storyline to speak of. Annoying mechanics and menus...
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #5312 on: November 01, 2011, 05:37:08 AM

I've been playing Borderlands. Does it get better later in the game? Getting really bored about 5 hours in. Still in the same start-ish area. Everything looks identical. No storyline to speak of. Annoying mechanics and menus...

What you see after the first hour or so is pretty much what you get.  If FPS shoot everything, skill up and collect lots of randomized loot is not your thing then I imagine you wouldn't like it.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #5313 on: November 01, 2011, 02:58:29 PM

Yeah, Boderlands is what is from the start pretty much.  (Pretty sure you've got vehicles going by that many hours in.)  Some of the special abilities get really cool as you put points in them, but if you're not intrigued by five hours, you're probably not going to like it much.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #5314 on: November 01, 2011, 05:27:04 PM

Losing sleep from Terraria and squeezing in the regular Blood Bowl feeder match (Thanks for killing my bloated+1MV Storm Vermin Lamaros  why so serious? )

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #5315 on: November 03, 2011, 03:31:52 AM

About done with Fallout New Vegas. I explored every POI in the old world and just started the nuke in Lonesome Road. Using random weapons I fancy with my trusted Holorifle as backup. I give it 4 to 5 more hours tops, then off to the ending of the game and lets see how that plays out with my Karma reset to Neutral.

Then I'm either going really Oldschool with the Geneforge series (thanks to moving to Steam, spares me the hassle of hunting my old CDs down) or finally finish Deus Ex Human Revolution.

I finally seem to have reached the age where I have problems finishing games. Some days I just pop in some innocent rounds of Sequence and call it a day. I am scared.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #5316 on: November 03, 2011, 03:49:56 AM

Batman:Arkham Asylum for the first time ever.

Elena and I are fucking loving it.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Lun
Terracotta Army

Reply #5317 on: November 03, 2011, 04:58:11 AM

Batman:Arkham Asylum for the first time ever.

Elena and I are fucking loving it.

Yeah, it's an awesome game, I just finished it a couple of days ago. The riddles and the trophies are really great to keep you interested in the game if you ever get bored with inmate slapping. Boss fights could be better though.

I was at 80% completed in my first playthrough, mostly because I completely disregarded the riddles and the trophies. Big mistake  ACK!

I'm currently playing The Witcher. Been strolling through act 1 for months now, mostly because it's boring. I almost quit the game  but acts 2 and 3 have really "saved the game" for me.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #5318 on: November 03, 2011, 05:54:32 AM

Acts 4 and 5 do become a little more tedious as the rush of newly infused interest from acts 2 and 3 wears off. 
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #5319 on: November 03, 2011, 06:15:02 AM

Chapter 4 ruins the game for most people. If you can suffer through it, I wish I could promise you the ending was worth it.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: