Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 10:50:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2254738 times)
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #3885 on: February 03, 2011, 10:35:06 AM

Is Magicka at a semi stable state yet? Been watching the number of patches going out but the launch playability is holding me back from buying.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3886 on: February 03, 2011, 12:07:50 PM

Single player yes, multiplayer, ill find out tonight.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
rrazcueta
Terracotta Army

Reply #3887 on: February 03, 2011, 01:27:43 PM

I've just received my tax returns and am considering a PS3. I already have an 360, and am trying to decide if its worth it to pick up a ps3 or not. I have a few questions if anyone would like to way in. First, what do you consider the ps3 exclusive "must play" games? (you can skip Demon's Souls. One of the main reasons Im considering a ps3 is over how much you love that game has gotten here) Secondly, I like that the ps3 has psn for free, at least right now. I've not gone ahead and got an xbox live as I'm a bit of a cheap bastard. I'll probably get either fifa 11 or nhl11 again for ps3 if I pick one up for the grindy grindy ultimate player feature, but what other games do you find really shine online? Finally, does anyone have an opinion on harddrive size? I intend to use the ps3 as a gaming system, and not as storage for movies/music. Thanks for any advice you have.

The PSN download store is getting better all the time. I have something like 30 games, and none of them are full downloads (e.g. Mass Effect 2 or Infamous).

Outside of Demon's Souls, the must haves are Uncharted 2 (1 is also good, but play that on Easy) and Metal Gear Solid 4 are probably the best games on the system. If you like sports games and you've ever liked basketball, then NBA2k11 is phenomenal. It's not an exclusive, but it is flatout the best sports game I've ever played. And free online play. I also hear MLB The Show is amazing for a baseball game, but seeing as I don't like baseball...

There are a ton of exclusive games that fill certain gaps if you like them. Flower is beautiful, and fLOw is also pretty neat. God of War is fap city as far as graphics and mindless gameplay are concerned. Killzone 2 is worthwhile in the same way, but you have to be forgiving. It's got weighty controls, and it makes fighting the fight pretty arduous. I hear KZ3 fixes that. InFamous is good if you want something like Crackdown. I really liked Valkyria Chronicles as soon as I realized it was X-Com but WWIIish. The animu didn't even bother me that much after a few missions. Gran Turismo 5 is a phenomenal car game. If you love cars you should have that. There's a bunch more, but I think this should be enough for now.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3888 on: February 03, 2011, 01:49:05 PM

Can replace the internal disk with any size you care to install.  Suggest doing so right away so you don't have to dick around with data transfer.
No you can't. The PS3 will only fit up to 9.5mm height 2.5" drives. Many of the larger capacity 2.5" drives are 12.5mm in height and they won't fit.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3889 on: February 04, 2011, 08:15:29 AM

Can replace the internal disk with any size you care to install.  Suggest doing so right away so you don't have to dick around with data transfer.
No you can't. The PS3 will only fit up to 9.5mm height 2.5" drives. Many of the larger capacity 2.5" drives are 12.5mm in height and they won't fit.

Ah, did not know this.  I'd have been pissed if I discovered this after ordering a new HD.  Since I expect my PS3 to shit the bed any day, I am not bothering with this.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #3890 on: February 04, 2011, 09:15:05 AM

So close to 5-starring "Panic Attack" on RB3 hard...  Don't think I'll even attempt that one on expert.

Winding down the last 2 weeks of the WoW sub.  Seeing more and more people grinding old rep and soloing old content.  The game is looking like nearly all grind at present (dailies/reps/pets/mounts/gear/etc.), so it's about time to step away for certain.

Pondering a programming side-project/pipe dream after that completes, so serious gaming might take a hiatus for awhile.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3891 on: February 04, 2011, 11:42:13 AM

Bionic Commando Rearmed 2.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3892 on: February 04, 2011, 04:34:53 PM

On hour 87 with the Witcher currently.  Factoring in 20 some odd hours in previous aborted attempts over the past 2 years to play through it, I've probably got 60 or so into it this time  I had no idea it was this long of a game.  I'm ready for it to be over, but with my new rule of not starting a new game until I beat the one I'm playing it might be a while...... 
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3893 on: February 04, 2011, 04:38:59 PM

Hm, my Steam stats say 28.2 hours, and I did finish it. I wonder if there is some missing time there, but I don't remember the game being tremendously long (other than Chapter 2).

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3894 on: February 04, 2011, 07:15:13 PM

Hm, my Steam stats say 28.2 hours, and I did finish it. I wonder if there is some missing time there, but I don't remember the game being tremendously long (other than Chapter 2).

There is a fair chance I'm not too good at it awesome, for real.  And I'm trying to do every little task. 
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3895 on: February 05, 2011, 02:07:29 AM

Mostly bite-sized gaming now that I'm back at work and tired all the time again. Little bits of WoW - like 40-90min sessions that last for 10-20 quests a couple of times a week.

Some 360 FPS multiplayer on CoD:WaW and BF:BC2 - mostly because I can't be arsed moving to the PC, and because I'm intrigued at the fact that I seem to actually be decent at them when I feel I should be at the bottom of the leaderboard.
A few races on Blur every couple of nights. A bit of online and SP.
Little snippets of Rock Band. Wife sometimes plays a song or four on Dance Central.

Finished Marvel Ultimate Alliance (the Classic RPG to end all Classic RPGs) with my friends the other week. We only started playing it 2 years ago!
Started MUA2 with them the other night. Wonder if we'll finish in 2011 or 2013?

Lots of playing with the new cat. Prioritising that over videogames. He's lost 5 chew-toy mice so far, and I'm damned if I can figure out where.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #3896 on: February 05, 2011, 06:51:01 AM

They're under the fridge, washer/dryer or in your furnace ducts.  The laws of physics get weird at two places:  The sub-atomic level and the cat-mousetoy level.  I've found them embedded in things like something off Fringe.  Every time we move I find tens of them under things in the weirdest places.

I just finished a second romp through Assassin's Creed 2, going to try to head back to finish the last few % synch I have left.  Now I'm also into Brotherhood, maybe about 20% synched.  Holy crap this game is like an MMO in many ways.  There's so much meta-game its not funny.  Going to the ! for the quest might leads past 12 different things I need to stop and check out:  Renovating stores, upgrading gear, collecting crafting/quest materials, taking out towers, saving citizens to indoctrinate into the Brotherhood.... the list goes on.  It's totally got that "Ooh shiny" about it.  What they've done with the evolution from AC1 is nothing short of amazing. 

WoW sub just ran out last night, so that's done for a long time.  Blizzard actually took the monkey off my back themselves. 

RIFT beta, Minecraft get ample time.  I bought Two Worlds 2 and haven't cracked it open yet due to time (other games).  Wife is going out of town tomorrow so it will get the post-kid-bed time. 
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3897 on: February 06, 2011, 01:20:25 AM

Yeah, we do semi-regular sweeps of under the couches as well as multiple-daily of under the fridge. I found 4 of them last night before going to bed. By the time I got up this morning, all 4 were missing again.  swamp poop

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #3898 on: February 06, 2011, 05:39:27 AM

They're under the fridge, washer/dryer or in your furnace ducts.  The laws of physics get weird at two places:  The sub-atomic level and the cat-mousetoy level.  I've found them embedded in things like something off Fringe.  Every time we move I find tens of them under things in the weirdest places.
They contract with ghosts to move them into weird places.  They do this to help aid their parents learn to hunt.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #3899 on: February 06, 2011, 08:44:18 AM

Lots of playing with the new cat. Prioritising that over videogames. He's lost 5 chew-toy mice so far, and I'm damned if I can figure out where.

Wait utnil he gets older and starts "losing" the genuine article. Not too long ago I found a rabbit the little savage misplaced in the storeroom. Not sure what I'm going to do about that, but it'll probably involve a breather, a lot of Chlorox, and maybe a belt sander.

Oh and video games...

Drunken Xbox fun: Gears 2. Working through it with a friend from work. Eat wings, drink beer, play Gears on Sat night. On my own time I scored a nice vintage copy of KotOR. Been picking at it here and there.
PC: WoW (still) and been horsing around with Vindictus. Kinda cool, but the community is barking mad. Least they look that way to me. Fighting is fun, though.
Gamecube (yep, the 'cube): Trying to actually finish Fire Emblem and replaying all the Metroid games.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 08:46:53 AM by Shrike »
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3900 on: February 06, 2011, 12:34:59 PM

I'm into Blood Bowl again, played two games today. One a league match with my DE, the other with an old Chaos team against a friend. I suffered 13 casualties and two deaths during those two games.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #3901 on: February 06, 2011, 02:30:32 PM

Some friends of mine who played EQ (I never did) were playing on Project 1999, an emulated EQ server that is set to original style EQ. I tried it for about an hour and wanted to murder someone back in November. In late december, that server was down and they tried one on the EqEmu serverlist called "EZ Server" where levelling is ridiculously fast, no death penalty, no corpse runs, there are teleporters everywhere, and custom loot (lvl 50 raid gear drops in a lvl 30 zone for gearing up). I tried it on Christmas cause I was bored and am enjoying it quite a bit. It has the added bonus for me of being 100% free which being unemployed is a huge selling point.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #3902 on: February 07, 2011, 07:14:16 AM

Aside from playing the 'add stuff to the new PC' game, I picked up Global Agenda for half off during the Steam sale, and have been playing a bit of that.  It's pretty entertaining, especially for less than the cost of a decent lunch.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3903 on: February 07, 2011, 09:05:45 AM

Wow, actually hitting the 40 hour mark in F:NV with plenty left in the tank. The fiancee doesn't like the setting at all, so far her favorite has probably been EQ2. And I got a firm eye-rolling when I got a headsplosion from a thug in slomo bullet cam. "Stupid juvenile gore" was the mutter. She just doesn't get it  DRILLING AND MANLINESS Though I'm with her on the swearing, the voice acting is mostly bad and the swearing feels forced in a lot of places, especially after something like Mafia 2 where it felt natural. I guess the caliber of VO talent helped Mafia 2 alot, too.

Makes me want to get into voice acting, some of it is just so wretched, I'd have to be an improvement.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #3904 on: February 07, 2011, 10:17:25 AM

Yea, so I decided to check out the Minecraft hype. Well, at least I won't have to spend money on any other games for a few months...

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #3905 on: February 07, 2011, 11:22:07 AM

It doesn't end after only a few months, trust me.  I still might buy games, they just get played in tandem. 
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #3906 on: February 07, 2011, 01:41:58 PM

I am sitting here at work scratching out plans for an underwater biodome Utopia.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3907 on: February 07, 2011, 01:45:16 PM

I am sitting here at work scratching out plans for an underwater biodome Utopia.

..............and he's hooked.  That didn't take long.   smiley
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #3908 on: February 07, 2011, 08:32:58 PM

I was wondering if you guys could help me: I'm jonesing to play an RPG. I've already played the usual suspects, Like DA, Oblivion, and Drakensang (not for me) and what not. Any recommendations?

Edit: Oops forgot to clarify. For PC. And ya Masquerade was pretty cool, I watched my roommate play it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 09:04:42 PM by Ashamanchill »

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3909 on: February 07, 2011, 08:46:27 PM

That's really not a lot to work with.

Definitely The Witcher or Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, if you haven't.  Do you have consoles? Do you like jRPGs or sRPGs?  Have you gone through most of the Bioware offerings?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 08:49:26 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #3910 on: February 07, 2011, 08:48:23 PM

I was wondering if you guys could help me: I'm jonesing to play an RPG. I've already played the usual suspects, Like DA, and Drakensang (not for me) and what not. Any recommendations?

See, if you had put off playing Mass Effect for an eternity like I did, you'd have stuff to play until Dragon Age 2 comes out next month!  why so serious?

Speaking of which, I am polishing off the remaining unfinished Dragon Age playthroughs I have sitting around, because I can't decide which warden(s) I actually want to import. I am so broken.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3911 on: February 07, 2011, 11:02:24 PM

I would second the Witcher.

The other game I would recommend right now is Divinity 2, because I'm totally engrossed in it at the moment. But only with the Expansion because the original ending, while hilarious in the "totally unexpected" way, is not at all satisfying.

It stands to question what you didn't like about Drakensang though, because in some regards they are quite similar and you might not like these games for the same reasons.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #3912 on: February 07, 2011, 11:39:38 PM

Watching a roommate play doesn't count:  Vampire Bloodlines multiple times with different bloodlines, with the standard fan patch, should be your first priority.  Others are obvious...Baldur's Gate trilogy... Planescape: Torment... Deus Ex... Mass Effect, but I'm assuming its been played.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3913 on: February 08, 2011, 12:34:41 AM

Blood Bowl, Blood Bowl, Minecraft, and Blood Bowl.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3914 on: February 08, 2011, 05:53:27 AM

A large amount of "My life as king" on the Wii.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3915 on: February 08, 2011, 09:12:13 AM

Yea, so I decided to check out the Minecraft hype. Well, at least I won't have to spend money on any other games for a few months...

Not as much time as I would like lately.  Supplies!

For LotRO, I have gotten another character into Moria, hooray (?) for legendary weapons at last.  I'm appreciating the performance boost even with the shitty Third Age crap; I was able to beat four goblins that were two levels above me all at the same time, and I didn't even use a potion.  We will see what I think about it after I level and melt down a hundred or so items.

As for WoW, I am having a hard time generating the desire to do anything in the goblin starting area.  It's even more cartoony than Mario RPG.

Some Just Cause 2 (PS3) since I don't have to pay attention to anything.

Picked up where I left off in Nier (PS3).  Comedy increases once Weiss joins.

Started Record of Agarest War (PS3) but so far have not been able to get back to it.  Early verdict is somewhere between Fire Emblem and FFT.

I'm poking at Magicka (Steam) but I'm bad at it.

For music, I've mostly switched to Grooveshark, but I do miss the the thing where Pandora would give me lots of things that more-or-less sounded like what I searched for.  Just now I'm listening to everything they have by Flock of Seagulls.  Yesterday was Johnny Cash.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3916 on: February 08, 2011, 01:21:21 PM

Just finished up Dead Space 2.  Just messing around with some iphone stuff until MVC3 hits in a week.  Someone gave me a couple itunes gift cards they didn't need, so among other things picked up the Phoenix Wright iphone game, Game Dev Story, and Infinity Blade.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3917 on: February 08, 2011, 01:31:29 PM

so among other things picked up the Phoenix Wright iphone game

Tell me this is just a port so I don't have to buy a touch or iPad.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3918 on: February 08, 2011, 01:47:42 PM

so among other things picked up the Phoenix Wright iphone game

Tell me this is just a port so I don't have to buy a touch or iPad.

It's a port of the DS version of the first game.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3919 on: February 08, 2011, 02:15:25 PM

Phew!

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: