Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:43:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Horns & Hooves *Season 2* Day Six 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Horns & Hooves *Season 2* Day Six  (Read 6859 times)
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

on: December 30, 2011, 12:22:47 AM

You have until January 9th to play your games for day six of the tournament.

Current Standings

Chevre Division
1. Ruvaldt - Goat Variations  (15 points, 5-0-0, 7 casualties inflicted)
2. Avaia - Waitsing  (10 point, 3-1-1, 7 casualties inflicted)
3. Lamaros - Lovers, Fighters  (9 points, 3-0-2, 22 casualties inflicted)
4. Bann - The Cosmonauts  (9 points, 3-0-2, 9 casualties inflicted)
5. Ingmar - Sheep Go To Heaven  (7 point, 2-1-1, 9 casualties inflicted)
6. Ulysees - The Horns of Wrath  (3 points, 1-0-3, 3 casualties inflicted)
7. HaemishM - Triptkyon  (3 points, 1-0-4, 2 casualties inflicted)
8. Luckton - Deep Space Goat  (0 points, 0-0-5, 8 casualties inflicted)

Feta Division
1. Comstar - My Little Beasties  (12 points, 4-0-1, 5 casualties inflicted)
2. Teleku - Goat Street Occupiers  (11 points, 3-2-0, 11 casualties inflicted)
4. Llyse - Breaking Wind  (10 points, 3-1-1, 10 casualties inflicted)
3. Gruntle - Los Stupicabras  (9 points, 2-3-0, 9 casualties inflicted)
5. Cancklebiter - Baa Ram U!!  (5 point, 1-2-2, 9 casualties inflicted)
6. Proudft - Malevolent Mammals  (3 point, 0-3-2, 11 casualties inflicted)
8. Falconeer - Occupy Goatsville  (2 points, 0-2-3, 6 casualties inflicted)
7. IainC - Green Bray Alpacas  (1 points, 0-1-4, 9 casualties inflicted)

League Rules:

Please read the rules regarding skill progression for your beastmen and if you have any questions about the rules ask them; I am very accessible.  Failure to comply with the rules can result in the loss of the offending beastman.

On to Bleat Bowl II!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 09:01:03 AM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 12:26:48 AM

Lamaros now has double the casualties of the next highest team on casualties inflicted.  Woe is to Haemish.  Really...woe.

Just as in the first season, however, there seems to be little correlation between casualties inflicted and wins/losses

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 01:15:23 AM

There would be, if it wasn't for the elven bullshit some goats pull off against me!

:)
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 01:28:57 AM

OP has Day 5 schedule, not day 6.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 08:24:11 AM

Need a clarification, just to be safe; is it allowed to have skills of mutation, normal, then normal again with another mutation coming aftfer that?  I went extra arms then block, want to make sure I can take a normal/strength one again.  Seems like I should be able to, just looking to avoid rules lawyers.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 08:58:15 AM

That would be absolutely legal, Avaia.  In essence it's the same thing as Lamaros' Linda who has mighty blow, claw and block, and needs to get a mutation or a double on her next level up, just in a different order.

edit: I edited the rules a bit in the OP to make this a little more clear.

OP has Day 5 schedule, not day 6.

Thanks!  Fixed.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 09:21:22 AM by Ruvaldt »

Cancklebiter
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 09:48:46 AM

Catfud I'm out of town for the next 5 days so I'll be unable to play (31/12/11-04/01/12)
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 11:35:24 AM

Catfud I'm out of town for the next 5 days so I'll be unable to play (31/12/11-04/01/12)

No problems Canckle! I look forward to beating your goats in the new year  awesome, for real why so serious?

I can stay up late for our match on Friday if you have no plans Friday night the 6th.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 12:10:55 PM

Hey Comstar, don't have any work the next few days, so message me any time you want to play.  Looks like the big match that could decide who wins the division!  Or make it even closer if we tie.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 05:26:17 PM

Said Teleku on the last turn - "If you make that TD I'm going to quit Bloodbowl".

Goat Street Occupiers | 1 - 2 | My Little Beasties

I made the TD.

Nuffle was on the side of the Little Beasties this match. While Teleku had better skills, I had more players and rerolls -which proved crucial. The first half Teleku played a conservative defensive game, not coming up on the line and held me up for 3 turns without a hole being able to be punched through. Eventually I took a risk and make a very risky flanking move that needed  a dodge, GFI, GFI, hand off, 4+ pass and a 3+ catch..which ended in a TD. It only worked because of 2 blocks done on the dodging Amazon-like Beastman which allowed him to get in range of the score line.

Teleku did a same level of risky play to get one Beastman in scoring range. He got knocked over 3 times but each time got closer to the score line, and on the last turn of the 1st half did a blitz, a pick up and a score for a 1-1 into the 2nd half.

I had a 1 beastman advantage going into the 2nd half, but a crappy failed foul made the team sizes level. Teleku used his better skilled players to beat me up a lot, but again played conservatively early. He then made a break down a sideline but again, my dodging beastman broke loss and sacked the ball carrier. Despite having a numbers advantage now Teleku couldn't get near the ball, and I was able to grab it from under him and try a pass up the field. It failed, but the ball was now on the midway line and most of his team was a long way away from it.

He tried a blitz on the guy near the ball, and fell over. Allowing me to pick up the ball, make a 2 square pass, catch, 2 GFI's and put me 1 GFI from a TD. That's when he made the comment "If you make that TD I'm going to quit Bloodbowl". One GFI later and the game was over.

1 skill up each team, and I have a 5SPP player who's at -1MV and going to be fired. 2 injuries on the other side, but nothing beyond a badly hurt.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 05:45:29 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 10:41:16 AM

The Horns of Wrath 2 - Deep Space Goat 0

Early injuries leaving Luckton undermanned really told in this match. Not a terribly exciting game compared to some I have had so far but a wins a win.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 10:53:39 AM

The Horns of Wrath 2 - Deep Space Goat 0

Early injuries leaving Luckton undermanned really told in this match. Not a terribly exciting game compared to some I have had so far but a wins a win.

And with that, I'm done with this league.  Let me know when Minos and/or CWs are allowed in, or that we can work on our team off-season.  If I'm going to play a team where I'm just a punching bag all season, I'd rather play Halflings.  They at least can surprise me more often than these dull-ass beastmen can.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 11:14:50 AM

Sorry you had a rough time of it, Luckton.  I actually think we were going to play next!

We'll be putting minos to a vote for season 3, like we did with seasons 1 and 2.  I don't foresee CWs ever in the league; they don't have horns or hooves.  If minos were allowed in though, be prepared to see them being fouled every turn.  Or at least that's what I would do, and always do against mino-wielding Chaos).

The Feeder League is a possibility, and we'll consider it between seasons.  If we do it'll be democratically resolved, I don't like doing things by fiat.  It's a tough call for me because I do see new teams in the 1st and 2nd places in the Feta division, but that may be partly due to a more favorable schedule?  Not sure.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 11:29:04 AM

I too was not able to stomach this one. An interesting idea, but it takes too long to develop the players into something interesting for my tastes.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 03:43:59 PM

Los Stupicabras mourn the loss of Scabb, their previously uninjured +ST goat taken from us too soon at the hands of IainC's Green Bray Packers*.

He was a hell of a goat and will be sadly missed by all who knew him or any fan who had watched him play. We ask you to join us in celebrating his short life and not dwell on the tragedy of his death...but in lieu of a highlight reel, we will selling the clips of his last moments at the next game, which will be dedicated to Scabb's memory. Fans that show their ticket stubs to today's match will be able to buy the "I Witnessed Scabb's Brutal End" limited edition DVD box (with matching t-shirt that has been dipped in Scabb's final bloodstain) -- all proceeds benefit the franchise that he loved so much that he gave his life for it. This season is for you Scabb!

Also, we would like to request the fans stop hurling rocks with such deadly accuracy exclusively at the Los Stupicabras players on the field, or else we will have to charge everyone more for a basket of rocks to keep ahead of the medical expenses.

*To be fair, Scabb brought it on himself by throwing a 1-die block (skull) against a mighty blow goat just to have something to do, when he was better positioned standing pat where he was locking up two packers; as Los Stupicabras management views his demise to be due to his own negligence, Scabb's widows will not receive the usual death benefits packages.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 09:44:00 PM by Gruntle »
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 03:50:43 PM

Was a fun game overall. Gruntle rolled down the pitch in an unstoppable tide of Foul Appearance and scored towards the end of the half. I equalised shortly after and then there was a big fight that carrid us through to about turn 13 or so when Los Stupicabras actually managed to grab the ball and break it out. Their cage and screen stood up to everything the Alpacas could throw at it and they walked in the winner on the last turn of the game.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 03:41:01 AM

Heya Haem, I'll probably be around tomorrow if you're free. And the next day too.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 09:32:45 AM

I'll look for you on Steam.

Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 09:55:09 AM

Aviva, I tried to msg you on steam the other day, but I got one of your children instead. When might be good for you?

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 01:47:35 PM

seeing as we're both central, does post-21:00 work for you?
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 06:28:19 PM

Haem was down to two players on the pitch after my 8th turn. On his 9th, at the start of the second half, he had only two goats out, with one on the bench.

Looks like we have the game locked up in the second though. Anyone around to reset?

NM, working.

Game finished. Another experience for the other player ruined by my goats. :(

Linda leveled, as did Asia and Seka.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 07:01:46 PM by lamaros »
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 06:29:41 PM

Falconeer and I will be meeting some time during the weekend.  I'm sure you were all wondering.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 06:59:45 PM

Yeah, 2-0 to Lamaros. His claw/mighty blow goats? Not fun to play against. I think after my last game of this season, I'm done with Goatmen teams. They just are so rarely fun for me to play. Bad dice like mine just fuck this team over. By turn 4 I was ready to raqequit on the game.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 07:05:21 PM

Haem got the sore end of the stick with my 2D6 rolls, which were above average, but I guess there was some good news in that most of them were KOs.

When the game is validated I will have three claw/mb players, and I promise not to build any more.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 09:06:45 PM

Validated.

We all need to kill Linda.  At least she has to take a mutation now.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 09:12:22 PM

Linda now has +STR...

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012, 12:50:46 PM

Linda now has +STR...

Haha, brutal if that were the case.

Ben, I'm on a last minute ski trip but if you have time Sunday to play that would be awesome!

I'll update with a more specific time in 6 hours.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: January 08, 2012, 08:55:39 AM

Played my game with Canckle and after a flurry of deaths and action it was more of the usual with Ben getting the shortish stick of KOs  ACK!

Hopefully he has better luck next game!

2-0 to Breaking Wind, Coming back baby!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: January 08, 2012, 12:45:10 PM

Mammals get their first victory of the season, 2-0 over Occupy Goatville.

The Mammals had a strong start, receiving the kickoff and bashing right through the center, and then the typical beastman-charge-ballcarrier-every-turn nonsense began.  The ball slowly bounced its way toward the endzone though, being picked up by various beasts who would get a few more steps and then get tackled again, etc, etc.

And then, for no reason, I completely absorbed whatever luck Falconeer had and proceeded to not miss a single roll for the next 11 or so turns.  From MY perspective it was comedy gold.  Not so much from Falconeer's. 

When the Goatvillians received a kickoff and finally started to press to midfield, Falconeer's wizard fireballed four Mammals who were blocking the way.  And all four were unscathed.  He was then swarmed, and the ball knocked loose, and that was about that.

On about the second to last turn or so I rolled a push/both down, and rerolled that to a push/both down, and that was pretty much the extent of my bad dice.  It delayed the second score by one turn, oh the horror.

Four Occupy Goatvillains were injured and zero Mammals.

This travesty of a match is uploaded, and the stats:

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #29 on: January 08, 2012, 01:32:41 PM

Validated.  The post-season picture is starting to gel.

Two matches to go.  Hopefully I can get in my match against Ingmar soon, but I think he's been in a galaxy far, far away lately.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #30 on: January 09, 2012, 11:42:56 AM

Also my Steam was stuck in an update restart and not logged in for quite a while and I didn't notice. Because of the aforementioned galaxy...

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: January 09, 2012, 08:36:03 PM

Bann and I are having issues hooking up, despite being in the same time zone.   swamp poop

If we can get a one day extension I am pretty confident we can get the match played tomorrow, if not the blame lies on both of us.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #32 on: January 09, 2012, 10:58:45 PM

Go for it.  Ingmar and I actually need it too...and I'll be online all day on the 10th, Ingmar.

Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: January 10, 2012, 06:21:48 AM

Yeah, sorry about this. We'll get it in today, I hope. avaia, Im going to be home about 4:15 and available to play from then on. I believe you have a family, so I can take a nap and play later on if thats better for you. Let me know. (I'm a total sleepwuss and am usually in bed by 10 every night.)
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: January 10, 2012, 11:43:47 AM

Yeah, sorry about this. We'll get it in today, I hope. avaia, Im going to be home about 4:15 and available to play from then on. I believe you have a family, so I can take a nap and play later on if thats better for you. Let me know. (I'm a total sleepwuss and am usually in bed by 10 every night.)

Don't worry about the nap.  I should be able to play some time around 7.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Horns & Hooves *Season 2* Day Six  
Jump to: