Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:12:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Tron Legacy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tron Legacy  (Read 138345 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #455 on: April 27, 2011, 01:58:36 PM

The only good thing I can say about that film is that the cast and crew seemed to have fun making it.

Also, I had fun watching it.  So there's that.  Same with TRON, it had lots of pretty lights.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #456 on: April 27, 2011, 04:30:33 PM

Oh god, the hyperbole....

Eh. I've said my piece in the Star Trek thread.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #457 on: May 01, 2011, 12:36:07 AM

Wife and I watched this last night.

She fell asleep while I was appalled.

Without substance, charm or point.

An Awful Movie.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #458 on: May 01, 2011, 12:30:15 PM

I guess the point was a commentary on responsibility or I.P. exploitation, depending on your perspective.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #459 on: May 01, 2011, 12:32:01 PM

Oh, Excellent, I'll rewatch it then, since an IP argument was JUST what I wanted to see in a TRON sequel...

why so serious?

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #460 on: May 01, 2011, 12:54:53 PM

It was very, very pretty but the plot was terrible, I thought it started to get interesting about 60 seconds before it ended.  Pity.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #461 on: May 01, 2011, 09:06:04 PM

I also watched this last night. I can't figure out why this wasn't strangled in the cradle. The plot was insipid and the editing was on par with a 12 year old playing with iMovie. I cannot believe this sack of shit made enough money to warrant a third movie.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #462 on: May 01, 2011, 10:31:30 PM

Olivia Wilde in skin tight clothes?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #463 on: May 02, 2011, 01:17:33 AM

Except she wasn't and they weren't and her hairdo was fucking stupid and, frankly, she looked like a tall froggie in the film.

Fuck me, if you wanted eye Candy, the Siren was a much better.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #464 on: May 02, 2011, 12:14:14 PM

I'd argue that it ever got interesting past the light bikes.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #465 on: May 02, 2011, 12:16:10 PM

What actually happened beyond the light bikes ?  A boat ride is pretty much it.

Ohhhhh, I see.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #466 on: May 02, 2011, 12:29:24 PM

And then Tron2 came and shat on my dog.

Really, it wasn't the greatest movie ever but it's a sequal to tron.....tron.  I eagerly await your scathing criticisms of Krull 2.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #467 on: May 02, 2011, 12:41:37 PM

Well, I can say straight away that it won't have Lysette Anthony scantily clad and is, therefore, epic fail before it starts.

You know what Tron 2 could have done with ?

Tron.

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #468 on: May 02, 2011, 01:05:21 PM

Well, I can say straight away that it won't have Lysette Anthony scantily clad and is, therefore, epic fail before it starts.

You know what Tron 2 could have done with ?

Tron.

I know. They should have called it something like Tron Legacy.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #469 on: May 02, 2011, 01:25:50 PM

...and it would still have been better with some Tron.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #470 on: May 02, 2011, 01:28:10 PM

Kid's movie, you grumpy Scottish bastard.  why so serious?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #471 on: May 02, 2011, 01:32:19 PM

No, it fucking wasn't.

Don't talk utter shite.  You think the kids are following the Zen crap that Flynn was spouting ?  You think they remotely understood what the fuck his son was doing with the company and what was fucking stupid about it ?  You think they gave two tugs of a dead dogs cock about some race of 'super AI's' that could heal on the outside world or whatever fucking shite got spouted ?

Kids movie my fucking arsehole.

Also, if that's your argument, you think kids wouldn't want more Tron ?  WHERE THE FUCK WAS TRON ?  WHAT WAS WITH RENAMING HIM AND NEVER SHOWING A FACE AND THEN HAVING AN OFFCAMERA REDEMPTION WHERE HE BASICALLY DOES A SWANDIVE INTO THE SEA ?

It was all cock.

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #472 on: May 02, 2011, 01:53:29 PM

There was an incarnation of the script by Richard Jeffries which featured Tron a lot more. His introduction:
Seriously upgraded, over-clocked, armed for trouble. The friendly hero we once knew has been re-programmed into a ruthless cyber-ninja.
The script was pretty shit all told some elements carried over into the released film. Didn't feature the bland, insipid son-of-Flynn boy wonder though so that's a major plus.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #473 on: May 02, 2011, 02:00:54 PM

Also, if that's your argument, you think kids wouldn't want more Tron ?  WHERE THE FUCK WAS TRON ?  WHAT WAS WITH RENAMING HIM AND NEVER SHOWING A FACE AND THEN HAVING AN OFFCAMERA REDEMPTION WHERE HE BASICALLY DOES A SWANDIVE INTO THE SEA ?

Well never showing his face and having a new name was for the "Tron's still alive?" moment. It wasn't hard to guess who "Renzler" was but that was the point.

As for his offcamera redemption I think you must have fallen asleep as well. His redemption was very much on-screen and made perfect sense in the context of when it happened.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #474 on: May 02, 2011, 02:08:24 PM

Identity of Rinzler obvious from the minute they showed the Tron Flashback.

Redemption occurred when he heard the magic voices in his head and then crashed his wee plane into Enemy wee plane before getting his rod nicked and falling into the sea.

Give it up.  This isn't just me being me :  It was a seriously bad film and an utterly pointless exercise.

I'd be interested in the perfect sense in context that you saw.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #475 on: May 02, 2011, 02:24:20 PM

Nobody under 30 even knows who Tron was.

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #476 on: May 02, 2011, 02:41:15 PM

Give it up.  This isn't just me being me :  It was a seriously bad film and an utterly pointless exercise.

I LIKED IT, AND YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE FOR BEING MEAN ABOUT IT ON THE INTERNET!!!11!!! I'M GONNA GET MY BIG BROTHER TO BEAT YOU UP!

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #477 on: May 02, 2011, 02:50:49 PM

I thought it was about as good as the first movie. So not great, a little silly, doesn't make a whole fuckload of sense if you're over 12 and it was pretty. I wasn't expecting much.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #478 on: May 02, 2011, 04:23:02 PM

Nobody under 30 even knows who Tron was.

^^.   It's a Disney movie meant to jumpstart another property and sell more toys.  That it was Tron was just because they had this 30 year old franchise sitting around that geeks were demanding be made into movies.  Geeks who would go see it and geeks who had kids who would also go see it.

It was ok for a movie aimed at tweaking the 10-17 year old demographic.  Expecting more was just showing your vulnerable side and asking to be kicked in it.  I fell victim too. However, after the series of disappointments that's been served up over the last decade in the name of attracting the next gen, I'm no longer as pissed as I once was when it happens.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #479 on: May 02, 2011, 04:26:58 PM

As I understand the story, Tron is one of those slow boilers. It did ok in the theaters, but garnered it's cult following and continues to provide a certain amount of revenue 30 years later. Part of the impetus for ressurecting Tron into a franchise is to "seed" another cult film.

Sand
Terracotta Army

Reply #480 on: May 03, 2011, 12:05:18 AM

I'd be interested in the perfect sense in context that you saw.

I said this back on page one and was told I simply didnt understand the underlying subtly of its philosophy and awesomeness. I fell like Tron, I have been redeemed!
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #481 on: May 03, 2011, 06:58:47 AM

I fell like Tron, I have been redeemed!

I wouldn't call finding someone else to grump with after 13 pages 'redemption'.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #482 on: May 03, 2011, 07:46:06 AM

I also wouldn't take anyone seriously when discussing the "subtlety" of the Tron series of films. Fuck, the first one was about as subtle as a goddamn brickbat to the cranium, and the philosophy was mostly "DAMN THE MONEY MAKING MAN WHO WANTS TO RUN MY COMPUTER GAMES OR SOMETHING."

The first movie made no fucking sense as anything other than a young adult adventure story with computers. It's main draw was the revolutionary for the time visual style which has had a huge impact on science-fiction movies and literature since. The second one made about as much sense, was really unsubtle and silly and was enjoyable if you aren't looking through the lens of 30 years of expectations for Tron Jesus.

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #483 on: May 03, 2011, 09:22:41 AM

It was all worth it to see a fucking light robe. That was awesome!
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #484 on: May 03, 2011, 09:38:18 AM

Cyber-Jedi is best Jedi.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #485 on: May 03, 2011, 10:14:58 AM

Yeah.  I'll agree with that.  It was the Constantine moment.

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #486 on: May 03, 2011, 12:19:27 PM

it was about as good as the first movie.

Yeah, this. The only reason I can think of for people to hate the sequel is that they thought the first one was some kinda work of art. IT WASN'T. Holy crap, next people are going to complain that Sorcerer's Apprentice didn't take itself seriously enough.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #487 on: May 03, 2011, 12:44:01 PM

it was about as good as the first movie.

Yeah, this. The only reason I can think of for people to hate the sequel is that they thought the first one was some kinda work of art. IT WASN'T. Holy crap, next people are going to complain that Sorcerer's Apprentice didn't take itself seriously enough.

I'm not sure why there's such a fuss about saying a movie with a bad plot has a bad plot.  Anyway, I think the comments on the 1st movie are true to a large extent.  But that ignores the fact that Tron was important because of the arcade and video games it spawned and the influence it had, it was largely irrelevant that I didn't actually see Tron till years later.  It still had a better plot though because someone wanted to tell a story, legacy seems to have been made just because there's a market for it.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #488 on: May 03, 2011, 01:02:30 PM

Yeah, that.

If you look at, errr, about page 3 of this thread, I think, you'll see my views on the orignal Tron - which was a good fluff throwaway film that aged surprisingly well and Elena enjoyed.  It was Fun.

This one wasn't fun.  It tried too hard with too little and was, well, boring.

Also, No Lacey Underalls.

Boo.

(Thanks Arthur.)

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #489 on: May 03, 2011, 01:09:39 PM

I really enjoyed watching this movie, It was fun, I did however remember to shave the shit out of my neck before i went to go see it...

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Tron Legacy  
Jump to: