Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 02:02:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~ D&M Open III ~ Interest Check - possible rules discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ~ D&M Open III ~ Interest Check - possible rules discussion  (Read 25283 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: April 10, 2013, 02:08:45 PM

Regular season will end shortly, and traditionally there is a gap before the new season starts up again.

Nonetheless, there must always be a Stark Blood Bowl in F13.

In the past we've played out a slightly less serious business league within the feeder league. This is a good way to try new teams, develop teams for season 8, and just to get more matches played in the feeder league.

For those who haven't taken part before, the D&M is a swiss format league, meaning each set of fixtures are drawn on the basis of matching people with the same approximate score - as such you play more games against people in your own skill bracket. The structure also means we can take any number of participants.

This thread is an interest check for D&M III.

Also post here if you have any views on entry criteria. In the past the D&M has had one entry criteria : team must be in the feeder league (the swiss process takes care of any mismatches). But given the way some of the newer teams struggled in season 7 I'd be open to saying new teams only for this edition if people feel strongly about it.

Basic D&M rules

DRILLING AND MANLINESS  All matches will be played within the feeder league - to take part your team needs to meet the feeder league rules and get into that league.
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS  One team per coach
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Matches and standings will be announced in a thread.
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Matches will be determined on a swiss tournament basis.
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS  We'll play out a bunch of rounds depending on how many teams sign up, team with the most points at the end of that time takes the trophy, or a playoff will split a tie.
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS  You can still play other feeder league matches with your D&M trophy team if you want. (never stop playing feeder league)
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Winner automatically qualifies for the feeder league masters.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 02:14:53 PM

I'm in. I like the idea of fresh teams to start with but I'm not going to argue strongly against existing teams taking part either.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 02:43:28 PM

I'd be in with either my Underworld or Chaos Dwarf team.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 02:49:15 PM

I think I can swing this.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 03:00:39 PM

In, I don't care what team rules we use, new or old.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 05:05:19 PM

i'm in if MA is in as long as i can murderfuck whatever nambypamby team he dares to bring.  i have a dusty tv 1250 nurgle team i could throw in the mix, maybe. or a fresh khorne team. don't care about new teams but maybe a tv ceiling to keep things from starting out of hand?  1400?
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 05:23:14 PM

I'm ok with a TV ceiling 1300/1400

I have ALL the teams ready to fuck something up  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 06:07:04 PM

Yes.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 06:13:52 PM

Depending on interest, it might actually be a good idea to run a completely vanilla Swiss tourney, to give all interested newcomers a more level experience. I'm fine for either/or, however.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 10:45:56 PM

I'm interested!
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 10:58:16 PM

Up for more Bloodbowl.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 11:14:21 PM

I have one crazy idea!   One team of each kind only!  i.e., one dwarf team, one chaos dwarf team, one halfling team.  I like variety.  Who gets to pick what team is left as an exercise for the reader.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 11:28:54 PM

I have one crazy idea!   One team of each kind only!  i.e., one dwarf team, one chaos dwarf team, one halfling team.  I like variety.  Who gets to pick what team is left as an exercise for the reader.

lottery with video from IainC  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 11:40:33 PM

That might be Peak Nuffle.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 10, 2013, 11:42:34 PM

Agreed with the caveat that we should probably leave out the joke teams.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 11:46:19 PM

Highlander format can work, but you'd have to have some kind of randomised draw to determine who gets what, and which teams are eligible. Perhaps stick to Tier 0 & Tier 1 teams only.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 01:22:08 AM

Interested: check
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 02:51:39 AM

I'm interested.  Whatever is decided upon I'll go with, but as far as I care, if we did go with all vanilla teams, we should make a more active drive to attract new players as well.  As far as Highlander styling goes, depending on interest level, we may not have enough teams to accommodate every player without touching the tier 2/3s.  In a neutral fresh environment, Halflings are actually pretty spry  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 04:42:14 AM

I'm a fan of 1 player per race. Lottery me!
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 04:43:36 AM

I'd do a lottery video if you like.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 04:47:32 AM

I tend to think highlander would be a better for a gimmick league than this.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 06:25:30 AM

Of course I'm in.

I like the randomization and 1 side only ideas, but it doesn't seem appropriate for the D&M tourney, which has always been a pretty straightforward tournament that gives people a chance to use their Feeder League teams, and maybe develop them for future use in the regular season.

Plus, I always run the gimmick tourneys.   Ohhhhh, I see.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: April 11, 2013, 10:54:32 AM

I tend to think highlander would be a better for a gimmick league than this.

This is a good point. D&M does have its history, and the whole Masters feeder thing.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 11, 2013, 11:19:56 PM

I don't usually play side leagues, but I'll chime in to point out that assigning teams by lottery would be a waste of a golden opportunity. Races should be drafted in order of f13 power ranking (noobs first), OR set it up so that each coach is assigned a race by their competitors somehow.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #24 on: April 11, 2013, 11:41:09 PM

I'm interested in the league, what ever rules it may follow.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 11, 2013, 11:47:08 PM

OR set it up so that each coach is assigned a race by their competitors somehow.

But Andydavo's not around anymore to get halflings.  cry
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 12:05:55 AM

*has no interest in playing new team aside from humans but then again humans suck. mmm. Maybe skaven?*

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 12, 2013, 12:22:53 AM

I don't usually play side leagues, but I'll chime in to point out that assigning teams by lottery would be a waste of a golden opportunity. Races should be drafted in order of f13 power ranking (noobs first), OR set it up so that each coach is assigned a race by their competitors somehow.

Pure genius.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #28 on: April 12, 2013, 05:54:19 AM

humans suck.

Humans won the D&M II and Master's I tournaments here.  They definitely don't suck.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: April 12, 2013, 06:08:12 AM

humans suck.

Humans with Pass Block won the D&M II and Master's I tournaments here.  They definitely don't suck.

FTFY  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: April 12, 2013, 09:34:29 AM

I'm in, though I'm not interested in random teams.

I'll probably play either Pro Elves or maybe Humans if I can bring in a TV 1100 team from another league.  Might also play a fresh Undead or Nurgle team if I come up with a naming scheme I like.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #31 on: April 12, 2013, 02:16:12 PM

The random teams is a funny idea, but I do think that's more of a goofy-side-tournament thing. That said, I don't care enough to fuss over it!

I'll play, because I hate myself. Somewhere Ingmar just made a >< face.

God Save the Horn Players
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: April 12, 2013, 02:18:08 PM

I'm in if this is the theme. Or for whatever side league is generated with this gimmick instead if we go that route.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #33 on: April 12, 2013, 02:28:27 PM

I have an idea of how to do the Highlander theme so I'll run that as a separate gimmick league after the main league is done if people want to do that. Then the D&M can be a general feeder-league event like it always has been.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: April 14, 2013, 03:28:37 PM

I bumped the PC/console gaming blood bowl thread yesterday. Some of you should go post in it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~ D&M Open III ~ Interest Check - possible rules discussion  
Jump to: