Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 01:03:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010 College Football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2010 College Football  (Read 195464 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #175 on: September 02, 2010, 11:10:34 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

A paradoxical game in which the Utes both completely outplayed Pitt and also didn't deserve to win the game.  They tried every means they could to basically gift the game to them but pulled it out in the end.  Shades of 2008 where two of their tough games were basically exercises in cardiac arrest so things could be good this year.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: September 03, 2010, 07:47:55 AM

A pretty badly played game all around, but extremely entertaining (even from a Pitt fan's perspective).  The game made me wish they still had ties, since neither team really deserved to win (though Pitt deserved it even less, so the right outcome was reached). The tie would also have drawn more attention to the pre-snap field goal timeout hilarity.  They had their chances to take a significant lead in the first quarter, and tons of great opportunities from Utah mistakes throughout the game, and didn't convert. When you block a punt to get first-and-goal at the 7, and the drive ends in a 37-yard field goal attempt, something has gone terribly wrong with your build order.

I had flashbacks to the Kordell-era Steelers - it doesn't take very long for the other team to figure out that you are never going to throw the ball unless it's 3rd and 8+, and no matter how good your backs and line are, you aren't going to have success rushing against 9-man fronts all game.  
I don't know when they scheduled this game, but it seemed like a pretty horrible idea to open your season on the road against a very good team when your QB is a sophomore starting his first game since high school.  You gotta give the kid some warmup games against teams where his mistakes won't hurt you because you know Dion Lewis will run for 5,000 yards.  I have no idea what the kid has shown in practice, but he looked terrified last night despite having good protection, a stud wideout, and a defense selling out against the run.  The INT in overtime was the archetypal tentative-new-QB mistake.  With any kind of competent QB play, Pitt could win the conference this year.

His late touchdown was freaking hilarious though, the thing looked like a punt. I can only assume the Utah corner thought he had safety help. Even with the blown coverage, I thought a Ute would get over to break it up in time; that pass had a hang time that would make Ray Guy jealous *rimshot*

« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 08:10:44 AM by El Gallo »

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #177 on: September 03, 2010, 08:33:07 AM

Whilest I do not fully believe Miami has a chance in hell next week, there is a glimmer of hope. Should be a good game...please?

As for Pitt...  swamp poop

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #178 on: September 03, 2010, 09:14:37 AM

This UConn-Michigan game could be one to watch.  Connecticut has been decent at times over the past few years and Michigan, well...........yuck.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: September 03, 2010, 09:38:45 AM

I'm really looking forward to Boise State / VT and Oregon / TCU.  I'll catch Bama v SJS on Sunday.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: September 03, 2010, 09:41:27 AM

I'm really looking forward to Boise State / VT

That's the game I'm most looking forward to.  I want to see if Boise State is the real deal.  I hope that they are.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #181 on: September 03, 2010, 09:51:42 AM

Boise very likely could be playing for the title if they win this game, given their schedule and preseason ranking.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: September 04, 2010, 07:59:32 AM

I awoke this morning and walked outside with a cup of coffee.  The air was pleasantly crisp and cool, and then I realized...

IT'S MOTHER FUCKING GAME DAY.

The wife and kids are gone to Ono Island for the weekend.  Just me, the dog, a few friends, lots of beer, steak, wings, and football.  YES.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 08:02:49 AM by SnakeCharmer »
WayAbvPar

Reply #183 on: September 04, 2010, 11:10:52 AM

I have a little less than 5 hours to go before UW kicks off...I am desperately trying to find ways to occupy my brain to make the time pass more quickly. Arrgh.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: September 04, 2010, 11:12:31 AM

I have a little less than 5 hours to go before UW kicks off...I am desperately trying to find ways to occupy my brain to make the time pass more quickly. Arrgh.

I'll be rooting for them from down here!

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #185 on: September 04, 2010, 11:13:44 AM

Good luck to UW.  I like Locker and would like to see them do well this year.

Also, Florida is looking pretty weak.  That is terribly disappointing........ awesome, for real

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #186 on: September 04, 2010, 04:13:33 PM

Man, why did we even schedule UC Davis, that was just unfair.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: September 04, 2010, 04:18:25 PM

Great start by U-Dub.   That BYU D looks like butta!

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: September 04, 2010, 04:33:23 PM

Well don't GIVE them the game UW!

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: September 04, 2010, 06:52:11 PM

4th and 2 go for it call down six in field goal range was moronic.

EDIT: For a supposed Heisman frontrunner, Locker can't seem to throw for shit.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 07:05:18 PM by Abagadro »

-H.L. Mencken
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #190 on: September 04, 2010, 07:43:52 PM

On the plus side for you UW fans-  it looks like you will probably beat Washington State again. 
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: September 04, 2010, 08:28:21 PM

Bama looked good....scary good, and even better, looked good as they went deep into the roster.  They went more conservative than Limbaugh at a Southern Baptist revival midway through the second and still hung 48 on SJS.  Could have put up alot more. 

Defense is going to have some growing pains, but special teams looked very solid for what little time they had on the field.  Offense looked as good as advertised.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #192 on: September 04, 2010, 08:48:46 PM

Bama looked good....scary good, and even better, looked good as they went deep into the roster. 

I told you they would be good.  Are you a worry wart? 
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: September 05, 2010, 06:30:41 AM

I swear to god, LSU just seems to repeat the same bullshit every year. Good first half, grab some kids off the street and play them in the second half while the team plays Euchre. I mean what the fuck ... I actually had to turn the game off after UNC's 97 yard pass considering I went blind in my left eye. Les Miles is going to fuck this season up - I can just feel it...they might have won, but certainly didn't convince me they are any better than last year's record. Oh well... bring on the 'Canes and Bucks.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
WayAbvPar

Reply #194 on: September 05, 2010, 11:56:20 AM

4th and 2 go for it call down six in field goal range was moronic.

I was screaming at my TV when he went for it. And again when they were in FG range again that would have tied it had they kicked it earlier. /facepalm

Special teams and shit playcalling killed them. How many times did they run the little half-counter to the right side that got stuffed every time? It just seemed like they had no ideas/adjustments in the 2nd half. Sneaking suspicion that Sark got outcoached.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: September 05, 2010, 03:59:08 PM

Gators just uhhh didn't want to ummm show their hand errr too early in the season, yeah...that's it...   ACK!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 04:19:07 PM by EWSpider »

most often known as Drevik
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #196 on: September 05, 2010, 04:04:08 PM

Heisman? Hadn't heard that.  Pro prospect?  He may have gone first round if not #1 if he came out last year. 

-Rasix
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: September 05, 2010, 05:28:31 PM

Gators just uhhh didn't want to ummm show their hand errr too early in the season, yeah...that's it...   ACK!

The really looked horrible yesterday.  You can bet Pouncy is going to be practicing the shotgun snap from now until USF.  Texas didn't exactly light it up either. 
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: September 05, 2010, 06:39:42 PM

Houston Nutt would gladly trade performances with Urban Meyer   awesome, for real
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #199 on: September 06, 2010, 08:31:47 AM

Georgia looked really potent in our cupcake match, winning 55-7. I liked our defensive intensity, and how our new D coordinator looked like he was going to rip someone's head off for giving up the shutout. We need that kind of leader.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #200 on: September 06, 2010, 09:10:21 AM

The SEC East is going to be a big scrum this year.  Only Vandy seems completely inept.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: September 06, 2010, 05:23:59 PM

Whew. Boise is for real, yo.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #202 on: September 06, 2010, 05:30:16 PM

Whew. Boise is for real, yo.

VT is very one-dimensional on offense.  Handle their running game and you have a chance to beat them soundly.  Granted, a blocked punt and a turnover don't hurt either.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #203 on: September 06, 2010, 05:55:38 PM

Looks like to me that Boise State is doing a better VT impression than VT is.  Solid on defense, solid on special teams, and taking advantage of the other teams mistakes.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #204 on: September 06, 2010, 05:58:32 PM

Yeah.  It doesn't appear that this VT team is very good at the things Beamer's teams typically are known for-  special teams in particular.  Plus I think Tyrod Taylor is horribly overrated.  Never been a big fan.  

Edit:  It seems as if VT is picking it up.  I guess Beamer heard me. 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 06:07:35 PM by ghost »
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: September 06, 2010, 06:10:10 PM

I have to eat my words.  That was a nice pass by VT.  Pleasant surprise.

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #206 on: September 06, 2010, 08:31:01 PM

That last BSU drive was ridiculously easy.

-H.L. Mencken
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: September 06, 2010, 08:37:52 PM

That was some seriously terribad playcalling by VT on that drive.  2 timeouts and only about 50-60 yards to get into field goal range?  Absolutely no need to go for the home run 4 straight times.

Good game though. 
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #208 on: September 06, 2010, 08:42:29 PM

Kellen Moore has presence.  When they got it back with two  minutes left, it didn't even seem like tense viewing.  I just assumed Boise had it in the bag.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: September 06, 2010, 08:48:05 PM

BSU really loves those yellow flags...  swamp poop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2010 College Football  
Jump to: