Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 08:49:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Vancouver Winter Games 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vancouver Winter Games  (Read 52895 times)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #70 on: February 18, 2010, 07:44:15 PM

Boo hoo hoo. I watched the damn races, and the Koreans put themselves out. Also, they were initiating bumps as well.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #71 on: February 20, 2010, 02:58:06 PM

Heart Heart Eve Muirhead Heart Heart

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: February 21, 2010, 12:21:11 PM

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: February 21, 2010, 02:07:04 PM

Yeah, work that shaft...you're a dirty curler aren't you?

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #74 on: February 21, 2010, 06:13:22 PM

FUCK BRODEUR. Seriously, after the Swiss game he gets the start? USA is playing really well no doubt. But WTF IS WITH BRODEUR?

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: February 21, 2010, 06:24:20 PM

Heart Heart Eve Muirhead Heart Heart

I've noticed that Curling is very flattering to women. The white light shining up from the ice gives them a kind of glow at an angle that you would not usually see.

Hic sunt dracones.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: February 21, 2010, 06:26:58 PM

So glad NBC decided to put the hockey game on MSNBC which I don't get in HD so it looks like total ass (it even looks assier than normal SD for some reason). But I can watch fucking Ice Dancing in HD.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: February 21, 2010, 06:32:56 PM

I'm watching the US-Canada game ata mo. I know next to nothing about Ice hockey, but it looks like a good game. Canada seemed to be on top for the second quarter but could not get it into the goal. US seem to be on top in the third quarter.

Hic sunt dracones.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #78 on: February 21, 2010, 06:37:35 PM

I'm watching the US-Canada game ata mo. I know next to nothing about Ice hockey, but it looks like a good game. Canada seemed to be on top for the second quarter but could not get it into the goal. US seem to be on top in the third quarter.

Was a good game. Canada played better technically (Chances, shots on goal) but Miller (US Goalie) was absolutely fantastic and Brodeur (CDN Goalie) was borderline retarded.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: February 21, 2010, 06:39:18 PM

Yeah I was well impressed with the US goalie.

Hic sunt dracones.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #80 on: February 21, 2010, 07:01:37 PM

America!  Fuck yeah!  Owning Crosby's faggy bitch face!  HOOYAH! Its much sweeter to kick Canada's ass in Canada.  Good times.

*ahem*

Seriously though, fucking great game, huge hits everywhere and lots of fast end to end hockey.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: February 21, 2010, 07:42:47 PM

Brodeur really shit the bed.

Perry has no business on the team.

Pronger is too close to being finished.

Neidermayer is too closed to being finished.

Bergeron, Morrow and Richards have no place on the team.

Luongo very obviously should have been in net.

Babcock is a shithead and Yzerman made a lot of terrible selections for a lot of terrible reasons. Really, how can you fuck up when picking Team Canada? Yet, somehow he managed.

I said as soon as I saw the roster that we were in for something like 2006 again. I wasn't wrong.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Strazos

Reply #82 on: February 21, 2010, 08:09:36 PM

Well, this is what happens sometimes when you just toss a bunch of stars on to a roster, rather than building a team.

Also, Brodeur lol. So happy to finally see solid signs of his decline. Guy has been a thorn in the side of the eastern conference for more than 15 years it seems.

I'd be interested in what the plus-minus looked like.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #83 on: February 21, 2010, 08:16:22 PM

Pronger, Neidermayer  and Brodeur should never have been on the ice. Fuck I'm irritated at the coach right now. Had Luongo started and the bench been slightly shortened we'd be having a different conversation.

Oh yeah. FUCK BRODEUR.

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: February 21, 2010, 08:20:46 PM

So glad NBC decided to put the hockey game on MSNBC which I don't get in HD so it looks like total ass (it even looks assier than normal SD for some reason). But I can watch fucking Ice Dancing in HD.

Yes. Whereas earlier in the week I watched Slovakia and Germany play in HD.

Regarding the game — I missed the 1st period, as I kept scanning for the game, and none of the DirecTV popovers informed me what time/what channel…

- Niedermayer and Pronger seem to have both lost a stride

- Brodeur will bounce back, Miller played out of his mind

- Crosby is a monster and may still singlehandedly right the ship

- Canada may have packed too many star scorers and not enough plumbers. I watched them struggle against Switzerland too and they got lucky in salvaging a SO win (and BTW, WTF is there shootouts in the Olympics?)

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #85 on: February 21, 2010, 08:23:39 PM

Hm. No. Brodeur is a spotlight hugging useless 'wanna be a defencemen goalie that should never have gotten the start or be on the team for that matter.

Luongo vs. Norway? 8-0 CANADA

Brodeur vs. Switzerland? 3-2 CANADA IN OT

Otherwise I agree with most of what you said.

Strazos

Reply #86 on: February 21, 2010, 08:30:08 PM

Funny you guys all had problems watching this game...I had it in HD. /shrug

Fear the Backstab!
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #87 on: February 21, 2010, 08:32:23 PM

Quote from: Martin Brodeur
"I hate to say it but I think we just need to play more games," said Brodeur. "There's things we need to work on, and hopefully that extra game will give us just that."

Ack. Phlpbt. Fffffffffffffffffff.

/head explodes

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: February 21, 2010, 09:02:42 PM

Here's a trippy fact:

Canada now plays Germany and the winner of that game will play Russia in the QF.

One of Canada or Russia will not be getting a medal. This is 100% assured.

Edit: Trippy, I mean, if you follow hockey and believed half of the hype going into the tournament.

Personally I never really believed Canada would place that high.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 09:16:45 PM by Azaroth »

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #89 on: February 21, 2010, 09:04:07 PM

Heh. Fuck Crosby. Fuck him in the goat ass.

Looking at the US roster, I thought, "this'll be a good learning experience for them in international play" Now, I'm like, shit, they've got a chance.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #90 on: February 21, 2010, 09:05:59 PM

My angst and raging anger over hockey is mitigated byt this odd video by Hammerfall featuring the Swedish women's curling team. I don't like the song at all, but it's an entertaining video.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #91 on: February 21, 2010, 09:10:49 PM

That's just wrong on so many levels.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: February 21, 2010, 09:18:23 PM

That's just wrong awesome on so many levels.

You misspelled a word in there.

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: February 21, 2010, 09:30:22 PM

-H.L. Mencken
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #94 on: February 21, 2010, 09:33:46 PM

No, just a Blood.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #95 on: February 22, 2010, 05:05:56 AM

No, it's not quite Bloodworthy.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: February 22, 2010, 08:01:45 AM

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!

Miller was awesome, but the US as a team played really well in front of him. Lots of blocked shots and the ones Miller had to stop definitely weren't all from great angles. He made a lot of saves, but not a lot of "tough" saves.

Crazy to think that either Canada or Russia will not even be medalling.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
WayAbvPar

Reply #97 on: February 22, 2010, 08:37:23 AM

Fantastic day of Olympic hockey. Surprised at the Sweden/Finland score- thought it would be a bit closer. Looking like the Swedes are headed for a repeat. So fired up about USA beating Canada, especially since Canuck Ryan Kesler got the EN goal and Canuck Roberto Luongo was safely on the bench so Brodeur could epic fail. I don't think I have ever seen a goalie give up 3 and look as unbeatable as Ryan Miller. Wow. He was incredible.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: February 22, 2010, 09:59:02 AM

I find myself really enjoying the Olympics this time around.  I am also finding NBC's coverage, in general, to be pretty decent...which surprises me, because I clearly recall loathing their treatment of the games in China.

I've pretty much enjoyed all the skiing events.  It's been interesting to watch Bode Miller winning all those medals, and equally fun watching the commentators suck his cock...he still doesn't seem to care, which is the criticism they gave him 4 years ago in Turin.  Only difference now is all the medals.  I've even watched a shitload of cross country skiing, which has been strangely exciting.  Snowboard cross is dumb, but ski cross is another matter entirely.  The wrecks are highly entertaining.  Love speedskating, but only on the long track. 

Oh, and while I'll admit to watching a little bit of figure skating, WTF is up with this Ice Dancing shit and why on earth would they put that nonsense in prime time?  It has all the problems of being a judged event, and none of the excitement of having people actually do interesting or even risky things like, you know, jumping around or spinning crazy fast.  Not even a crushed psyche or two.  I'm pretty sure the winner is determined by a combination of sassiest outfits and coolest music.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #99 on: February 22, 2010, 10:46:09 AM

t's been interesting to watch Bode Miller

Oh, it's more than interesting - he's the superstar of the whole damned games. Yet again he comes in with a 'do or die' attitude rather than simply chasing medals with safe runs, but this time he makes it happen and we get some of the best skiing ever seen on TV. After he was written off for several years by Team USA it's also a great story. Of course the reporters want some of it. Of course he couldn't give a fuck about what they want. He's a true sportsman.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: February 22, 2010, 11:07:51 AM

I know!

Also, the women's skiing events are also nice to watch, though that is largely in part due to the fact that several of them are very, very hot.  And man oh man do they crash good!  I always sqeal like a stuck pig when the crash right before the finish line, slide down on their backs and then involuntarily jump across it.  Seriously, though, skiing is one of those events where the female and male versions are almost equally entertaining.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: February 22, 2010, 11:12:51 AM

Ryan Miller was outstanding, really stood on his head.

I am really interested to here what the press and general feeling is on these Olympics outside of Canada?  We are a self-deprecating people.  The media has been picking out negative stories consistently (ie. "Glitch Games", Georgian luger, weather, opening ceremony snafu, Gretzky as torch-bearer, "Own the Podium" campaign).  It's been portrayed as if the World hates Canada for some reason and we should be embarrassed of our revised effort to "Own the Podium" instead of merely being a bystander at the games.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: February 22, 2010, 11:21:55 AM

Honestly, and maybe I'm way off the mark, but my general feeling is that most Americans would want Canadians to succeed (except, obviously, where we are going head to head).  At least, that's how I tend to feel about it.  So I think most people were glad to see Canada get their first home-turf gold medal and would be perfectly fine seeing you guys win many more of them.  I'll bet most of the world would see it that way.  But that's probably just me being a simpleton.

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: February 22, 2010, 11:36:43 AM

Honestly, and maybe I'm way off the mark, but my general feeling is that most Americans would want Canadians to succeed (except, obviously, where we are going head to head).  At least, that's how I tend to feel about it.  So I think most people were glad to see Canada get their first home-turf gold medal and would be perfectly fine seeing you guys win many more of them.  I'll bet most of the world would see it that way.  But that's probably just me being a simpleton.

I am American, and I root for Canada frequently. I like Canadians, they are just so darn polite and kind hearted. Well all the Canadians I have met, I am sure there are exceptions to that. You all have to learn how to tip though. Seriously.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Evil Elvis
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: February 22, 2010, 03:02:06 PM

I am also finding NBC's coverage, in general, to be pretty decent

NBC's coverage sucks.  I've had to resort to watching the Olympics on one of the Canadian channels (CTV).  22 hours of Olympics each day.

Luckily I don't have Comcast.  Those cocksuckers are actually blocking CTV's coverage.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Vancouver Winter Games  
Jump to: