Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 03:35:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: World Beard & Moustache Championship 2007 Winners 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: World Beard & Moustache Championship 2007 Winners  (Read 3335 times)
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

on: September 20, 2007, 07:31:44 AM

http://www.handlebarclub.co.uk/wbmcwinners.shtml

YES. YES YES YES.

I love this.

You gotta love the Partial Beard, the 'Imperial'.

Goodness, what a mess.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 08:01:24 AM by Nonentity »

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 07:40:11 AM

those things look like tusks

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 08:39:59 AM

If it weren't so much work to maintain, I'd do something like that. I love those guys, but the London Bridge or whatever it was is pushing it (we actually watched some of it on tv).
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 11:38:27 AM

Think of all the food/liquid you could store in one of those things.  Les Stroud could make it anyplace for 7 days without that fancy combination tool. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 11:40:20 AM

Think of all the joints you could store in one of those things.
Let me tellya a story about a rastafarian I once knew...
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 04:55:57 AM

If it weren't so much work to maintain, I'd do something like that. I love those guys, but the London Bridge or whatever it was is pushing it (we actually watched some of it on tv).

London Bridge (connects the City of London and Southwark)

Tower Bridge (connects the Tower of London and Bermondsley)

You lose at Bridge identification.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 06:39:01 AM

In fairness that's the third London Bridge, I believe the second one was sold to an American who thought it was Tower Bridge and is now in a US desert somewhere. In fact have just read the Wiki and it's in Arizona (though the guy that bought it denies he thought it was Tower Bridge).

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 06:43:37 AM

Methinks this thread was discussing Mustaches, and London bridge is a type of one of those...

So both of you lose.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 05:56:06 PM

Methinks this thread was discussing Mustaches, and London bridge is a type of one of those...

So both of you lose.

No, it is quite relevant. It is not a "type" of mustache. It was a crazy ass sculpted beard/stache that was in the shape of Tower Bridge.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 06:42:33 PM

Being I didn't see the show, I was hoping for pictures of the mustaches, and I still have no idea which bridge it was and have yet to see the mustache.

I suck at bridge identification too, but I certainly know neither of those pictures was of a mustache.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 07:18:56 PM

It's in the link, down at the bottom, Mr. Elmar Weisser.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 03:25:48 PM

The Bridge one:

Best Picture:

Cthulhu takes the cake though:

Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 05:00:59 AM

Seems like the US, UK, and Germany are the beard superpowers of the world.  Every now and then you'd see a Sweden or Switzerland, but mostly those three.  Germany had a particularly strong showing sweeping a few categories by themselves.  I don't know why I feel this way, but I'm kind of pissed that we got shut out of those events.
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 05:01:56 AM

Don't kid yourself, India and the surrounding areas are the beard super powers of the world, but they're too busy taking IT calls to be bothered with some "contest" for people who live in the 20s.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: World Beard & Moustache Championship 2007 Winners  
Jump to: