Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:06:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Age of Empires Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Age of Empires Online  (Read 19704 times)
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 26, 2011, 12:05:39 AM

I'm on Athens, as Jakonovski.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: August 26, 2011, 05:54:41 AM

Got it...I'm rather impressed so far.  DralorZek here.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 26, 2011, 01:18:15 PM

I'll mimic the comments said earlier, for a F2P game, it's surprisingly polished.  Would be interesting to see if they add guilds/alliances/whatever...Bat Country: Age of Empires chapter, anyone?  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #38 on: April 02, 2012, 12:35:08 AM

This is available on Steam now. There's also a sale on the All-in-Wonder bundle.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: April 02, 2012, 10:10:35 AM

Why this didn't come up in my search, I can't say.  Anyway, as I said in the Steam area, this was a good move for me.  I'm impressed enough to also buy the $16 pack that went on sale over the weekend.  I'm having a lot of fun with it.  Going to play coop with my son tonight and see how that goes.

Getting a "guild" together for this game would be nice.  I haven't tried the public PvP yet, but I'm expecting bad things as usual.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: April 03, 2012, 05:17:16 AM

I played this for 20-30 hours when it came out. Will probably play some more if I can somehow move my game to Steam. PvP was pretty horrible when I tried it, mostly due to matchmaking issues (my low level ass got pitted against someone with all purples on his main troop types), but mechanically solid.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #41 on: April 03, 2012, 05:49:41 AM

This has replaced StarCraft 2 for now. They nailed the AoE feel and I've been sinking tons of time into it over the past week. Well worth the $16 for everything released so far.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: April 03, 2012, 09:23:28 AM

3 nights now up too late...gonna kill me.  Anyway, coop with the son was really fun last night.  Works well.  I just need to balance my quests better with his.  He started in a different empire, so I helped him with a lot of quests I'll probably have to redo later.  I still got money and items though.  I really like that when a chest is found, each player gets an exact copy.  I might have to pop for another full package deal when it comes around again.

Steam just keeps making me spend money damn it.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #43 on: April 03, 2012, 06:32:02 PM

3 nights now up too late...gonna kill me.  Anyway, coop with the son was really fun last night.  Works well.  I just need to balance my quests better with his.  He started in a different empire, so I helped him with a lot of quests I'll probably have to redo later.  I still got money and items though.  I really like that when a chest is found, each player gets an exact copy.  I might have to pop for another full package deal when it comes around again.

The deal is still active on Steam for the All in Wonder bundle that contains everything.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #44 on: April 09, 2012, 02:17:03 AM

Is anybody else's game crashing on launch on with the Steam version? I get to the loading screen with the boat "wait" animation and then it crashes right when the sound starts up.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #45 on: April 09, 2012, 08:22:57 AM

Not mine.  However, I have noticed that starting through Steam takes longer to load. 

Initially, I had loading issues with the GFWL .dll.  Can you do a verify on those files somehow?  Not sure if that's the cause or not, but it caused my game to not even load into processes.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: April 10, 2012, 05:12:31 PM

The deal is still active on Steam for the All in Wonder bundle that contains everything.

Yeah, just got another one for my son.  He likes and plays it enough to justify.  Still a lot of fun.

Sorry, no issues here Trippy.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: April 11, 2012, 10:16:52 AM

Picked this up.  Wow, I suck at this game.  Badly.  To make it worse, 3 times now I have 'lost connection' to the server mid game and poof!  Strange, since my connection did not actually drop..
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: April 27, 2012, 06:55:21 PM

Picked this up.  Wow, I suck at this game.  Badly.  To make it worse, 3 times now I have 'lost connection' to the server mid game and poof!  Strange, since my connection did not actually drop..

Unfortunately, that's why I stopped playing this game.  I've had multiple 30 minute games drop without getting the quest finished.  My frustration hit a max level.  I have no issues with connection on anything else.  Done.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Age of Empires Online  
Jump to: