Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:57:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2252052 times)
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #3535 on: November 05, 2010, 10:48:25 AM

World of Warcraft - Just completed Loremaster! Woho

Grats!  Can't imagine people getting it before Questhelper and "show unfinished quests" myself - even with it, it was a chunk of effort.

Playing mainly Rock Band 2 (PS3), with some WoW on the side.  Love the Boomkin 3-shotting most everything, makes yet another run through Hellfire a bit more tolerable.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3536 on: November 06, 2010, 08:01:14 AM

Minecraft, new F13 map.
Mass Effect 2, 360.
Lego Universe.

In other news, my broken 360 came back with the same problem.  Called in for another shipping label.
The PS3 should be on it's way to my house now.  This was a Sony repair so I'm hoping it does actually work.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #3537 on: November 06, 2010, 08:41:50 AM

DC Universe Online (beta)

Darkfall Online

trying to get into Gods and Heroes beta

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3538 on: November 06, 2010, 11:56:44 AM

I have been playing the fuck out of the FIFA 11 Ultimate Team thing since they released it the other day. It's like Poke-Magic-Footballers with microtrans (though you don't HAVE to spend real money). Footballers crack.

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #3539 on: November 06, 2010, 10:55:54 PM

New Vegas, Drakensang, Minecraft.

Waiting for the WoT patch, ditto on LotRO.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #3540 on: November 07, 2010, 10:14:19 AM

Along with LotRO, I just got back into Out of the Park Baseball 11 thanks to reading up too much on Football Manager 2011.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3541 on: November 07, 2010, 01:54:26 PM

New Vegas, New Vegas, and even more New Vegas. I was annoyed with the bugs until I discovered the console. Now I can work around the bugs until Obsidian fixes them ( why so serious? )

Also a bit of CoH from time to time, especially writing new story arcs in the Mission Architect (I just won the 3rd AE challenge, yay me!).

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3542 on: November 09, 2010, 11:58:35 AM

Finished New Vegas after 59 hours of gameplay. Started working on Metro 2033. Definitely an apocalyptic vibe going on with my gaming lately.

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3543 on: November 11, 2010, 11:21:44 PM

Still playing New Vegas, 80 hours in and I seem to be in the final stretch (just got the Platinum chip and try to push all faction quests forwards as far as I can without pissing  the other sides off) and I got the Explorer perk yesterday. Holy shit, there are still a zillion locations unexplored. I'll easily break 100 hours here, even with not picking up and selling everything since I hit 50000 caps. That game is huge.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3544 on: November 12, 2010, 06:51:23 AM

Finished New Vegas after 59 hours of gameplay. Started working on Metro 2033. Definitely an apocalyptic vibe going on with my gaming lately.

Metro drove me nuts.  I hate games that try to simulate being in the dark and not able to see what is around.  It's doesn't improve immersion into the world.  It just sucks. 
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3545 on: November 12, 2010, 08:53:51 AM

Metro drove me nuts.  I hate games that try to simulate being in the dark and not able to see what is around.  It's doesn't improve immersion into the world.  It just sucks. 

This is why I never played a class that couldn't see in the dark in EQ.

Still just playing New Vegas.  This is going to take me months to finish.  I may just "skip to the end" and leave a gaggle of sidequests undone.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3546 on: November 12, 2010, 09:37:22 AM

I actually enjoyed playing a human monk in EQ, with just my fire beetle eye. Of course, I used to smoke a lot of pot, too.

I loaded up RE4 on the PC, spurred by Walking Dead. Runs great in 3d with an ini hack for 16:9 anamorphic. Downside is, I really hate the departure from the old set camera style. Now it's a controller-based shooter with crappy graphics. Lame. Going to try and stick with it, but it really sucked out half of my enjoyment right out of the gate. One half (for me) was the atmosphere, the other was the cinematic camera angles. Control was never a problem imo, though I know most hated it (apparently).
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #3547 on: November 12, 2010, 09:42:09 AM

Began tinkering with the Nehrim mod for Oblivion.  Holy cow... it's a very polished, whole new game with new mechanics.  Language is all in Deutch, but has English subtitles.  I really like a lot of what they've done and it looks to be a solid 40-50 hour experience.  Can't beat free, either.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3548 on: November 12, 2010, 10:34:58 AM

I love it. There's always a flashlight and you get NV goggle pretty soon anyway, so there's no big gameplay hindrance.

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #3549 on: November 12, 2010, 10:36:14 AM

I just finished metro myself. I didn't find the darkness too terrible, just turn up the gamma a bit if it's really annoying. Some of the mechanics were interesting, and the story had potential, but in the end it was a generic rail shooter. Fun enough, but completely disposable. I had way more fun sneaking around knifing sentries than I did with any other part of the game. I think maybe I should just play thief 3 now.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #3550 on: November 15, 2010, 02:26:54 AM

Plodding through New Vegas and f13 Bloodbowl legendary matches...  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3551 on: November 15, 2010, 02:50:34 AM

I just finished metro myself. I didn't find the darkness too terrible, just turn up the gamma a bit if it's really annoying. Some of the mechanics were interesting, and the story had potential, but in the end it was a generic rail shooter. Fun enough, but completely disposable. I had way more fun sneaking around knifing sentries than I did with any other part of the game. I think maybe I should just play thief 3 now.

It was flawed in many ways (the biggest being the incredibly stupid decision to not communicate that every gameplay move you make contributes to a hidden karma score, which in turn decides the ending), but generic is the last thing I'd call it. It's the most immersive gaming experience I've had this year, along with New Vegas.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3552 on: November 15, 2010, 11:21:00 AM

Haven't really played WoW in a couple of weeks. All that grinding catassing really took it out of me. Also, work is busy and stressful atm.

Playing a smallish amount of Bad Company 2 on 360, since it just arrived the other day and I want my wife to play it. Playing with it on the 360 spurred me onto some MP on the PC again. Surprised that I was halfway decent on the 360 in MP, actually, Must be a combination of map knowledge and the fact that the hardcore console FPSers are all playing some form of Halo and/or COD.

About an hour a week of AVP (pred campaign) and Dark Void on 360 as well, until one or the other start to give me motion sickness. Go me.  why so serious?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3553 on: November 15, 2010, 11:36:00 AM

I'm playing some Saboteur and HAWX while waiting for Blops to arrive. They're both kinda fun but I doubt I'll finish either.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3554 on: November 15, 2010, 09:19:09 PM

Saboteur was pretty decent for finishing. I even got most of the achievements and other crap on it. Of course, Passive TV (tm) was the perfect accompaniment to doing so, but it worked exceedingly well for that.

jth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3555 on: November 17, 2010, 10:28:40 AM

Finally started Fallout 3. Originally I got it for PC when it came out, but I almost never play anything on PC, then I got a X360 version, never played that either, then got a GOTY version for PS3, and only managed to start that because I wanted to play it before New Vegas and everyone keeps telling me how good New Vegas is  why so serious? Anyway it's been very interesting so far, even if I almost gave up in the beginning when there was this one fight that always ended up freezing the PS3. Eventually I lured the npc to somewhere else and managed tp kill it there with no freeze.

Braid, but I might give up with it. There's this extremely aggravating precision jumping bit at the end of world 4, it might not be as bad as it seemed yesterday but I got too close to throwing something at something it was probably better to take a break for a while.

Fable 3, got to the kingdom running part and finishing remaining side quests now before continuing the main plot. Deathspank, I should try to finish this too someday soon since I already got the sequel waiting. Also, probably 50 more games I should finish and couple hundred I haven't started yet, but that's how it usually is. 

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3556 on: November 18, 2010, 12:47:35 PM

My Blops is still somewhere in the mail system (free one day delivery my ass). That probably netted me some good karma as the MS points from last month's Xbox Live Arcade campaign finally arrived on my account. Had just enough points to buy the new Pacman CE DX (bestest menu music ever) and Space Invaders IG. So sweet.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #3557 on: November 18, 2010, 09:29:48 PM

Cannot stop laughing at Two Worlds II. Let's see some of the features:
1. Boobies. I have no idea why sorceress wears so little in this game, and for some reason their nipples just peaked through their fabrics.
2. Musician. Buy a music sheet, buy a harp, go play in the streets for gold coins. Hope your reflexes are fast enough to play guitar hero on keyboard lol.
3. View surroundings, turns left, camera motions blurs, turn right, motion blur again. I think my character needs new glasses or slow down before his neck breaks.
4. Go out into the wilderness with a bow. Got ambushed by a rhino, who was assisted with two ostriches and a baboon throwing rocks from range. I died after laughing for a good moment.
5. Gamble. Unlimited times. Break the economy by waging your whole wallet and roll 5 dices. Best added value out of 2 rolls wins! ...Why bother hunting for loot when you can earn money this way?
6. Let's lock up character progression by making him grind for gold to buy skill books. 12,800 gold pieces to be exact. Let's see. One killed mob got me around 100-200 gold in sold loot, fuck it, let's dice gamble at 1000 gold per wager.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3558 on: November 18, 2010, 10:26:37 PM

AC: Bros mostly; single player is cool. Multiplayer is fun when it decides I'm allowed to play.

WoW, finally hit ZG exalted since they're taking that out soon. Still no Raptor Mount (although I have the Tiger already, and raptors aplenty), but I made 2200g selling the Razzashi Hatchling that they aren't even taking out.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Still meaning to go finish Naruto: UNS2, and wanting to put some more time in with ZHP: Unlosing Ranger vs Longfuckingname. Maybe this weekend.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3559 on: November 19, 2010, 06:30:27 AM

Minecraft.  Have defined the floor system around my mine's central stair... still no lava.  Also dried in my tower.  What you say?  Well, I started building it on a frozen lake.  I extended the walls downward into the lake and "dealt with" the water.  I expect a few leaks as I dig deeper but those are easy to plug, and I'll be below the lake bottom soon enough.

Fable 3.  I might be imagining this, but it seems much funnier than the previous two.  To bad the interface is so aggravating.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3560 on: November 20, 2010, 04:36:17 PM

Played a couple hours of WoW yesterday. Levelled my Pally for a bit, then killed a couple of the new event bosses.

Finished Dark Void for 360 today. Not a great game, but an okay one. Worth the AU$13 I paid for it, at least (I spend the same on friday afternoon lunches).

Might see if the bosses are up again, and play a little AVP today as well on the Pred campaign.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3561 on: November 22, 2010, 07:30:21 AM

Minecraft.  Lately, digging.  Still no lava or natural caverns.

Fable 3... turns out there is local co-op, so someone at Lionhead did something good for once.  My wife and I are playing two heroes and taking turns doing weird shit while the other is on a date.  I'm pretty sure at this point that it's a worse game than #2 but the co-op makes up for a lot of that.

LotRO, after a week+ break.  Did Eregion quests with the wife.

Mass Effect 2.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #3562 on: November 22, 2010, 07:41:07 AM

Black Ops Multiplayer is a lot of fun.  Been playing Hardcore mode only, and it just feels real good.   Nice break from Starcraft 2 which was driving me insane.

Assassin's Creed 2 - My friend got this for me and insisted that it was amazing.  I'm enjoying it so far, though I'm skipping pretty much everything thats optional, just like I did in AC1.  Free running on rooftops is still the best part of this game.

Minecraft - Playing now and again.  Will play more once I come up with a good idea for another project, which may be making a vast tunnel system under my mountain.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #3563 on: November 22, 2010, 07:54:44 AM

Gah - I hate this season - too many games.

Halfway through New Vegas
Halfway through Fable 3 for the second time
A Sims 3 Late Night game part way through
A growing urge to start another Civ 5 game
A really strong urge to grab the latest Mass Effect 2 DLC

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3564 on: November 22, 2010, 10:11:48 AM

I randomly decided to try out UFC Undisputed 2009 on Friday. I think it had been rotting on my game shelf for a year. Anyway, it turned out to be awesome. I've already clocked in over 10 hours over the weekend. Something so satisfying about punching and choking virtual dudes. I really want to try the online, but I don't want to waste my 3 month Live card on something that's most likely a ghost town by now.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3565 on: November 22, 2010, 10:14:10 AM

Started and finished Divinity 2.  What a completely schizophrenic, yet awesome game.  Despite the "screw you, buy the expansion" ending, I had a lot of fun with the game.  More than the demo made believe I would.  Probably going to wait for the new repacked version with the expansion to go on sale on Steam so I can actually finish the story.  Liked it enough that I'm actually tempted to pay full price for it though.

Still working on Mana Khemia 2.  Finished Raze's story, working on the other one now.  This one definitely feels more rushed than the first game though.  It's really nice that they let you keep everything through the second playthrough, since now I'm breezing through the second story in record time.

Started playing Risen.  I feel like I'm reloading almost as much as I was in Max Payne, and unlike that one, this game takes time to load.  I'm liking the exploration aspect of it a lot though.  It might help some if I actually had some armor or decent equipment.  The game is really stingy about that, in chapter 1 at least, to the point where I'm still literally running around in rags and bare feet.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3566 on: November 22, 2010, 12:32:04 PM

Gothic has always been super stingy on loot. You get maybe three sets of armor/robes for the entire profession part of the game in the first three (with a new progression for NotR in Gothic 2).

I was having moderate fun with RE4, not sure I can continue. For some reason I developed some serious nausea playing it in 3d (I was fine the other night). That and it turned into an FPS with thumbsticks. As I said earlier, I may be the only person who liked the old movement/shooting setup. FPS with thumbsticks for the motherlovin' lose. That, and I almost ralphed because the thumbstick look is so whippy.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3567 on: November 22, 2010, 01:44:50 PM

I'm playing Neverwinter Nights 2 Gold. God it's long.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #3568 on: November 23, 2010, 01:31:38 AM

I just finished Uncharted 2, which is really awesome and is definitely a reccomendation if you own a PS3.

I also just finished Call of Duty: Black Ops which completely destroyed my residual faith in online or offline gaming journalism (or common sense). How this game could get any of its glowing reviews is completely beyond me.

I also have a stack of games I didn't get around playing, most prominently:

Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition (includes all DLC and expansions)
Fallout 3: New Vegas
Metal Gear Solid 4 (Yeah I never came around to play it even though I bought it on release day)
Just Cause 2

and I'm looking forward to LA: Noir especially.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3569 on: November 23, 2010, 01:40:11 AM

Finished New Vegas and the last Mass Effect 2 DLC.

Now some Borderlands (for the Headshot cravings I got from New Vegas) until Witcher 2 arrives.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: