Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:03:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2251750 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2450 on: February 08, 2010, 10:08:16 PM

Started playing the Klonoa remake. Interesting game, does a lot with a small number of mechanics and the 3d/2d nature of the game is really cool. The environments do a better job of feeling 3d than most 3d games with full freedom of movement. There's a whole lot of seeing another part of the level in the distance then eventually making your way over there.

Kind of hurts my brain to imagine designing the levels.

I somehow managed to be less impressed with this one.  Maybe I need to try it again or something.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #2451 on: February 08, 2010, 10:14:06 PM

Might be worth playing again. I've been skipping the cutscenes, they move far too slowly and really hurt the pace of the game.

It's hard for me to think of another game that controls strictly 2D but uses so many 3D elements. It probably deserves to be called 2.5d.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2452 on: February 11, 2010, 09:35:57 AM

After about 2 hours of what they loosely call gameplay and I call "tedious wandering through lo-res textured ship waiting for the next cinematic to appear," I think I'm finally into the gameplay of Xenosaga. And I'm promptly beaten the shit out of by the first real combat I face. Hmmmm. And my save game is quite a few long cinematics away. Luckily I can skip them.

WayAbvPar

Reply #2453 on: February 11, 2010, 10:47:26 AM

Finally ordered Fallout 3 GOTY edition from Amazon, so I get the feeling I will be  playing the 'get it to work with 64-bit Win7' mini game this weekend. If that goes well I will jump into the game proper. It was the first game I planned to buy for my new PC in August, but Fry's was out, and it was $10 cheaper than Steam, so I bought the strat guide assuming I would pick it up soon. Several months later and I finally got around to it  Ohhhhh, I see.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2454 on: February 11, 2010, 11:01:41 AM

Playing the shit outta some Words With Friends on the iPhone.

Been playing this a lot with my family.  My brother and mom are about to go a combined zero for their last eight.  Just put down a 162 pt word on my mom.   awesome, for real

Other than that.. ME2 and WoW.  ME2 mostly. 

-Rasix
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2455 on: February 11, 2010, 01:03:45 PM

Flirting with the idea of either going back and actually playing through Dead Space (only ever got about 2 hours in), or a renegade Femsherpard ME2 playthrough.

Dead Space has got to be the most stressful game I have ever played, especially on Hard mode.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2456 on: February 11, 2010, 01:18:40 PM

Dawn of Discovery, PC
Harvest Moon: Animal Parade, Wii

Mass Effect 2 is sitting in the kitchen, still wrapped in plastic.  One day!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #2457 on: February 11, 2010, 02:38:39 PM

Dawn of Discovery, PC
Harvest Moon: Animal Parade, Wii

Mass Effect 2 is sitting in the kitchen, still wrapped in plastic.  One day!

Blasphemy.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2458 on: February 11, 2010, 03:07:28 PM

I have absolute faith that it'll continue to remain wrapped in plastic given that there's a Dawn of Discovery expansion due out at the end of the month.

I finally finished up Digital Devil Saga 2 a week ago.  The story vaguely reminded me of Indigo Prophecy/Farenheit with how completely far off the rails it goes.  It made me a sad panda with as incoherent as it gets. 

Working on Mass Effect 2 now.  I don't think anything more I can add there that a 22 page thread doesn't already cover.
Still working on the Witcher.  I'm disappointed by the lack of hookers in chapter 4.  For shame.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #2459 on: February 11, 2010, 03:18:31 PM

Put Mass Effect 2 in the drive and started getting "this is a dvd" errors.

Reinstalled League of Legends instead, enjoyed a few games today.  I suck badly with anyone not-teemo.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2460 on: February 11, 2010, 05:44:55 PM

I have absolute faith that it'll continue to remain wrapped in plastic given that there's a Dawn of Discovery expansion due out at the end of the month.

I KNOW awesome, for real

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2461 on: February 12, 2010, 03:09:32 PM

I KNOW awesome, for real
Oh yes, oh yes, OH YES.
Rasix

Reply #2462 on: February 12, 2010, 03:28:36 PM

Go to your bunk. Yeesh.

-Rasix
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2463 on: February 12, 2010, 05:25:20 PM

A couple of rounds of the BF:BC2 demo a few nights a week, and forcing myself to play a bit more Prototype a couple of times a week.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2464 on: February 12, 2010, 05:53:47 PM

Wife wanted Mass Effect 2 open and I spent waaaaay too much time playing it.  Hooray for importing a lv50 character!

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #2465 on: February 15, 2010, 07:56:05 PM

Finally finished ACII.  pfeathers.

Now, do I go get MEII?  Or finish Dragon Age?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2466 on: February 15, 2010, 08:13:53 PM

...Both?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #2467 on: February 15, 2010, 09:38:45 PM

Wife wanted Mass Effect 2 open and I spent waaaaay too much time playing it.  Hooray for importing a lv50 character!

I pretty much played it for 6 hours straight when I first started. I went to bed at 7am smelling of chicken soup.
Vision
Terracotta Army

Reply #2468 on: February 15, 2010, 10:23:12 PM

While awaiting the Starcraft 2 beta, I decided I should play the first one before I dive into it. Although its age makes it hard to get into.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2469 on: February 16, 2010, 07:33:29 PM

While awaiting the Starcraft 2 beta, I decided I should play the first one before I dive into it. Although its age makes it hard to get into.

swamp poop

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2470 on: February 17, 2010, 09:50:28 AM

Inaugurating the new tv with a game of FFH2 @ 1080p. Getting my ass handed to me as Sheaim - Orthus spawned on my island and assaulted my two starter cities. Restarted, bolstered them both so they can resist him...and had an event to lose a pig resource or piss off a giant. I really like bacon, so now I have Orthus (str 7) and a giant (str 7) assaulting my two starter cities (warriors are str 3), bottling up my warriors so monster lairs are pumping out tons of units that are mobbing the landscape.

But...just researched and built my mage guild, so with lovely lovely death magic, it's time to start pumping out skeletons to wear down those two big mobs and hopefully get moving now that it's turn 150.

(also, in that abortive first game pre-reload...Orthus took over city #2 and the red dragon spawned there  ACK! )
rrazcueta
Terracotta Army

Reply #2471 on: February 18, 2010, 06:24:29 AM

swamp poop

Starcraft OG isn't particularly bad. Outside of the graphics, it hasn't aged too poorly. Sure there are RTSes with more than 12 unit selections and such, but mechanically not many RTSes nowadays have one-upped SC. Most of them have just stepped to the side and tried something else.

Also, SC does prerendered right.
Vision
Terracotta Army

Reply #2472 on: February 18, 2010, 10:01:03 PM

Starcraft OG isn't particularly bad. Outside of the graphics, it hasn't aged too poorly. Sure there are RTSes with more than 12 unit selections and such, but mechanically not many RTSes nowadays have one-upped SC. Most of them have just stepped to the side and tried something else.

Also, SC does prerendered right.

I'm definitely not saying it is bad, just that it is frustrating as hell at times. I never remembered Warcraft II being so relentless. It has aged pretty well, even if I spend as much time ctrl-grouping my 2,000 zerglings as I do actually killing things.
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #2473 on: February 18, 2010, 10:34:03 PM

About time to update this, though my habits haven't changed too much.

Still playing WoW. We're about to knock Arthas off his throne, so sticking with it. I still like my draenei.

Been horsing around with PC Borderlands. Couple of friends play off and on, but I think I"m about done with this one until the next DLC.

Mass Effect 2 has been the big time sink lately. Finished two runthroughs with my saved soldier Shepard; one paragon, one renegade. Have a nasty mistake in my save from back when, sooooo...

Starting up Mass Effect again to fix said error in judgement. Might have to make a fourth runthrough for a femShep of some sort. Undecided on this right now.

Kinda looking forward to FFXIII.

That about covers it for now.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #2474 on: February 19, 2010, 08:02:45 AM

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Multiplayer Beta is taking some good playtime, keeping me off of LotRO at lunch. Really getting into it now.

I like Xenosaga. Really I do. But goddamnit, they seriously need a story editor and a game designer to explain to them what the fuck GAMEPLAY really means. It does not mean that I watch a 2-minute cutscene which tells me to go check on something, then sends me to wander about the ship with the only in-game map being on the wall in one place on the ship (and it's useless anyway), and the entire point of me wandering around the ship is to push ONE FUCKING BUTTON which shows a cutscene of me pushing the button, then walk all the way back to the elevator to trigger another long cutscene. Couldn't my checking that button have just been a cutscene? FUCK. I don't think I've played a game that actively tries to keep me from playing the game since Metal Gear Solid 2. And yet I like it. How damaged am I?

WayAbvPar

Reply #2475 on: February 19, 2010, 08:26:44 AM

Finally getting into Fallout 3. Very fun, but some minor annoying conflicts with W7. Still playing FIFA 10 as often as I can as well.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
BitWarrior
Terracotta Army

Reply #2476 on: February 19, 2010, 09:07:10 AM

Assassins Creed II finished to Platinum - probably the best trophy layout of any game to date. Absolutely amazing experience, loved every second of the game.

Moving on to Darksiders...had to get my mind into the "basic arcade game" mindset.

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2477 on: February 19, 2010, 09:49:50 AM

I really want to be playing ME2.

I really only want to be playing League of Legends, which is pretty much what I do play every night.

Still dabble in Rumble Fighter once every week or so, I let my brother have my copy of SF4 so its needed.

I've almost beat Deadspace which I got from the steam xmas sale, on the last or 2nd to last chapter.  Quite fun but maybe a bit too long and predictable once you've played it for awhile.

I've also almost beat 3 ps rpgs and I want to finish them, so that I feel less bad about buying ME2.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2478 on: February 19, 2010, 10:14:48 AM

18 Wheels of Steel: American long haul, just picked it up on Steam fr 4.99 and loving it. I am kind of bummed down by the terrible clipping in a game where driving through scenery is 90% of the fun, but it captures enough the spirit of one of my favourite games ever, Intellivision's Truckin' that I fell in love with in 1984.

Really looking forward to Rig 'n Roll.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2479 on: February 19, 2010, 03:19:11 PM

How damaged am I?

Getting worse all the time with this Xenosaga shit. why so serious?

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2480 on: February 19, 2010, 03:20:03 PM

During the week, pretty much only LOTRO, if you can count sporadic tradeskill work and banking, etc as "playing". Maybe a couple rounds of BF:BC2.

Weekend now, so planning to push a couple of hours into Prototype, maybe finish it so I can put it aside and play Saboteur. Possibly a LOTRO session with the wife.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
MournelitheCalix
Terracotta Army

Reply #2481 on: February 19, 2010, 03:34:00 PM

I am playing Dragon Age Origins again.  Trying to get another warrior character with some slightly different choices so that I can import to the expansion next month and have two perspectives to compare the writing to.

Then I plan on playing Assassin's Creed for the first time,  purchased it on steam during that huge holiday season sale and haven't had either the time or the desire to play it yet.

Born too late to explore the new world.
Born too early to explore the universe.
Born just in time to see liberty die.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #2482 on: February 20, 2010, 12:18:02 AM

How damaged am I?

Getting worse all the time with this Xenosaga shit. why so serious?

Just think how much MORE I'll like good JRPG's like FFXII or Persona 3 after having been exposed to 70 hours of Xenosaga.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2483 on: February 20, 2010, 11:14:44 PM

I can't argue that.

Mass Effect 2, 360.  This is the first game I have played that has made me want to replay the original so I can import a character that took different paths.

Dawn of Discovery, PC.  I really want to do a continuous game but I haven't made it to the place in the campaign where I fight, so I'm going to persist.

I played up to the first boss of Mad World recently, and I can see the appeal.  Too much waggling for me at the moment, though.  Makes my brain-baby kick.

Reading The Two Towers.  Currently at the part where Treebeard decides to do something about Saruman.

I have a lot of shit on hold.  Working too much, but it can't last.

Rasix

Reply #2484 on: February 21, 2010, 08:58:04 PM

Finally finished up ME2.  May replay the last section to get a certain achievement/outcome.  Ohhhhh, I see. I have some issues with how they implemented the end of this game.

-Rasix
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: