Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:06:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: I need a mug 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I need a mug  (Read 5374 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

on: March 17, 2007, 09:08:47 AM

The short version is that I want to find out who makes the mug pictured.  Not someone who just buys it and prints a logo on it.

http://www.amazon.com/Purdue-Boilermakers-Stainless-Steel-Coffee/dp/B0002BTZYY/ref=sr_1_16/102-3198563-3077732?ie=UTF8&m=A1514RGNPVO6N0&s=sporting-goods&qid=1174146939&sr=1-16

Fly, monkeys, fly!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 09:54:17 AM

Closest I could find.  Comlom Industry & Trade Co., Ltd.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 11:54:32 AM

I own two mugs. One is a bone china thing my friend got me in London. The other is the Wumpscut Bloodcup. An item so 1999, that you can't even find pictures on the internet. Well, someone probably can. But I can't. :(

Oh, you meant mugs that will make your car smell like old coffee. My bad.
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 10:38:20 PM

I want to know what a bloodcup is.  It just sounds like something I'd want.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 07:31:33 AM

The wife and I, being slaves that we are, have a mini collection of those starbucks mugs w/ the city/country on the side.

As for that mug yer looking for, my bud had one that looked exactly like it, I'll ask him.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 08:56:33 AM

The other is the Wumpscut Bloodcup. An item so 1999, that you can't even find pictures on the internet. Well, someone probably can. But I can't. :(

This is the best I could find, but it doesn't look very impressive.

Witty banter not included.
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 12:28:53 PM

There's the bloodcup! That actually looks like a knockoff, mine is tapered and classy. It slants inward.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 10:54:11 AM

I regret to say that I relented and bought a substitute.  It's actually a tad better than the one I had other than the fact that it is red on the outside, however I am still grieving my loss.  That mug set my personal standards for portable coffee, and seeing it run over by a car was terribly painful.  Moreso because I no longer had any coffee.

I bought a vise specifically to see if I could somehow make it round again.  That's one tough-ass mug.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 11:45:30 AM

There's the bloodcup! That actually looks like a knockoff, mine is tapered and classy. It slants inward.

Ja.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 01:06:45 PM

I have gone through many coffee cups in my years, and they all have one major flaw: lids that either do not seal perfectly or become filled with gunk (I like my coffee with cream and sugar - perfect bacteria breeding ground). I hafta flush the little nooks and sealing ring of my cup with a blast of hot water and a toothbrush every coupla days or chunks of nasty shit will just float out into my beverage. I would prefer to just carry around my favorite at-home mug, but doesn't work in the car.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 02:20:49 PM

That is exactly my fear with this fancy new twist-open lid, although I drink it straight.  The original lid just had two holes.  Actually, aside from some (more) road rash, it's prefectly serviceable and I might redeploy it on the new mug.

For home use, I enjoy some tall and narrow Starbucks ceramics.  For those "not so fresh" days, I have a hefty Christmas mug, the kind you would get as a gift with hot chocolate and assorted shit in.  I am not normally associated with Christ, but a solid and large mug is hard to find.  Most of them are of the joke variety.

Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 03:54:40 PM

The bloodcup is pretty rad.  The food in that first picture makes me nauseous though.

My mug of choice is stainless steel and just a little taller than the the one you originally posted Yegolev.  It was schwag from the American Nurses Association.  I've seen the same mug given to employees at several hospitals but with different logos.  I doubt that's much help though. 

I also have a set of Disney mugs, but that's another story.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 07:30:41 AM

I have a set of Disney mugs from each resort I have stayed at, plus a few generic ones.  The theory is that I can take them with me and get free soda, but somehow I always forget to take them and end up buying two more.  They are a tad too large for travel, and a tad too plastic for home use.  I just like the ceramic.  My wife uses them, though.

I examined the lid and it disassembles easily.  It's growing on me.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 07:54:29 AM

I keep wandering into this thread because I keep misreading that someone needs a hug.   rolleyes   My brain is slow.  I'm trying to be kind and you sad lot are all talking about your stupid kitchen decor.  God.  Old women.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 08:28:30 AM

Talking about kitchenware does not preclude wanting or possibly even needing a hug.
WayAbvPar

Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 08:41:13 AM

My brain is as dysfunctional as Signe's, but in my own unique way. Every time I read the thread title, my brain kicks off "We Want A Rock" by They Might Be Giants. So then I am tempted to find a mug to wind a string around. Or maybe a prosthetic forehead. I am terribly confused in the mornings.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 09:37:10 AM

I keep wandering into this thread because I keep misreading that someone needs a hug.

Looks like you need a hug.  I'll pencil you in for June 28 at 10:30.  All cancellations must be submitted 48 hours in advance.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: I need a mug  
Jump to: