Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:33:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Park City, UT 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Park City, UT  (Read 8908 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #35 on: March 16, 2010, 06:54:15 PM

It's cheap to get into Utah as most of it seems to be a post-nuclear adventure.

Hey now. That's just the west desert that no one goes to because it's full of nuclear waste and chemical weapons. The rest is nice.

I tried very hard to get a job there, but the main universities weren't hiring and not being LDS hurt my chances at the ones that were. 

Aw, you should have told me. I would have given you tips on how to fake it.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #36 on: March 16, 2010, 08:10:25 PM

It's cheap to get into Utah as most of it seems to be a post-nuclear adventure.

Hey now. That's just the west desert that no one goes to because it's full of nuclear waste and chemical weapons. The rest is nice.

I was somewhat joking, plus I like post-nuclear adventures.  awesome, for real  Actually, I did assume it perks up once spring sets in but the area around SLC is rather off-putting about this time of year: ice and swamps is what I saw, from the air and highways, plus the knowledge that the lake is a has-been salty sea.  Several times I imagined the plucky band of Mormons struggling over the mountains to a wide valley, only to find that the huge lake is undrinkable; that's when the contemporary incarnation of Sam Kinnison made himself known to the group: "IT'S A FUCKING LAKE OF SALT! YOU SAID IT COULDN'T GET ANY WORSE! LIES! WE'RE STOPPING HERE! AAAAHHHH! AAAAAAHHHH!"

East toward Park City, things turned into a winter wonderland.  Besides that, there are the rock formations and such that I would like to check out somewhere in the state.  Compares with Nevada: my favorite part of Las Vegas was everything outside Las Vegas, mostly including Valley of Fire park.  I guess I can say the same about Phoenix.

Going home, I realized that Georgia causes headaches.  It was rainy when we got back and I felt sticky and oppressed, and my sinuses sealed themselves off, which I suppose is how everyone else feels when they travel to Atlanta.  I'm going to have to search for some local honey and see if it helps combat the pollen allergies this year.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Park City, UT  
Jump to: