Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 02:13:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: C# 2008 IDE nooblet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: C# 2008 IDE nooblet  (Read 1777 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

on: February 19, 2008, 11:54:10 AM

Searching for an answer to this isn't getting me anywhere, but I want to know if there is a way to have the IDE align the tabs and do code formatting of existing code that I have already pasted in but somehow is misaligned?  I don't want to go through all those lines retyping or repasting crap.

While I'm asking, I guess what I really want is some sort of IDE Protip Sheet for C# beginners, like the vi pocket references you see on cubicle walls.  For example, I'd like to know if there is some way to keystroke an autocomplete of a method call when I don't have any args to pass in; this would save me precious time in the long run since this is fairly common.  I already know where the master documentation is.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 11:57:39 AM

Try Ctrl-k, Ctrl-F after selecting the code.

Edit: For more stuff, try here: http://visualstudiotips.wordpress.com/ (It's VS.NET but should apply to 2008, I think).
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 11:59:13 AM by Viin »

- Viin
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 12:30:55 PM

Yes, CTRL-k, CTRL-f is exactly what I was looking for.  CTRL-] is also causing me to weep with the joy of recaptured time.  Now I just need to figure out where this keystroke shit lives in the documentation.  Thanks much.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: C# 2008 IDE nooblet  
Jump to: