Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 02:26:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: F13 2013/2014 Fantasy Football League 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: F13 2013/2014 Fantasy Football League  (Read 152067 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: August 29, 2013, 09:05:27 PM

btw, the Kilt Wavers are supposed to win it all.

Haemish uses hax.  I saw it last year in the pick'em league.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #141 on: August 29, 2013, 09:21:34 PM

Has Haem ever won?

-Rasix
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: August 29, 2013, 10:00:41 PM

Has Haem ever won?
Second place in 2010 looks like. No other top three finishes.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: August 30, 2013, 06:27:21 AM

Has Haem ever won?

I didn't say they were great hax.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: August 30, 2013, 07:19:00 AM

Has Haem ever won?

I didn't say they were great hax.
Sometimes, not even aimbot level hax can save some players! Really though, I know he was pissed about having Romo, but that really is not a bad pick and his team probably did end up the most balanced. I do find it interesting that someone in the JV league had the same defenses autopicked though (with Den and Pit).

My bench is already breaking their legs.

I'm pretty sure your team is the most injury prone just at first glance.  Floyd, Rice, Moore, Gore, Forte, and now Brown. I think some guys are still undrafted on the IR list you missed why so serious?
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #145 on: August 30, 2013, 07:32:27 AM

I'm pretty sure your team is the most injury prone just at first glance.  Floyd, Rice, Moore, Gore, Forte, and now Brown. I think some guys are still undrafted on the IR list you missed why so serious?

Brown broke his leg last night.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: August 30, 2013, 07:32:57 AM

Re: keeper league (or maybe F13 champions league if it turns into it) - I created a league and will be playing with settings this season if anyone wants to mess around/test it and see how it goes. This will not be serious for this first season and keepers would not start until after next year while settings are adjusted. This league has more stats to think about with major highlights of
- 3 WR/2 RB/1 TE with no flex spot (I put in a suggestion for Yahoo to create a RB/TE flex option as I'd find interesting)
- added points for more defensive categories including yards given up, 3 and outs, and 4th down stops
- bonuses for large plays or benchmarks reached
- return yards for more 3rd string value

Keeper portion would be for 2 players kept and a player can be kept up to 3 season from time of draft
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: August 30, 2013, 07:33:46 AM

Brown broke his leg last night.

I know, that's why I said "and now Brown"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #148 on: August 30, 2013, 08:12:35 AM

btw, the Kilt Wavers are supposed to win it all.

FUCK> FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKITY FUCK. Forgot the goddamn draft until it was 30 minutes over, figured it was too late to get in the draft so kept washing dishes. Got in to see the last 5 picks, none of which were mine. Scan my roster.

Fuck... me... in... the... goatass.

TONY FUCKING ROMO. JOE GODDAMN FLACCO. TWO GOATFUCKING DEFENSES. TWO TE's, ONE OF WHICH I'VE NEVER HEARD OF. 4RB's INCLUDING SHANE VEREEN. REALLY? SHANE VEREEN?

Fuck you, Yahoo. Seriously, fuck you. Why do you hate me? Your draft grades are made by people who do not know what a football looks like.

OTOH, my roster might not actually be that bad.

QB Romo/Flacco
WR A.J. Green
WR Pierre Garcon
WR Michael Floyd
RB C.J. Spiller
RB Reggie Bush
TE Tony Gonzales
RB Mark Ingram
K Phil Dawson
DEF Denver (and Pittsburgh but they are already waivered)

I've already jumped all the fuck over the waiver wire. Let it be known that both Romo and Flacco are up for trade, but only for a good QB. Shit, I'll trade them both for 1 Elite QB. Fuck both of those dumpster fires, fantasy points or not. I do not want to be in the situation where I'm rooting for either one of those assbags.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: August 30, 2013, 08:27:09 AM

Basically, it seems like half the main league autodrafts. You guys are terrible.

beer geek.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: August 30, 2013, 08:39:04 AM

Basically, it seems like half the main league autodrafts. You guys are terrible.

Should set up a worst 2 records get sent to JV and best 2 records in JV get sent up.

Obviously starting now  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Rasix

Reply #151 on: August 30, 2013, 08:46:04 AM

I autodrafted the league I host.  Yah.  awesome, for real  I just forget this stuff now.  I nearly autodrafted yesterday but was able to do the first 10 picks after checking f13 and thinking that I'd already missed it.  Then it was dinner time and yahoo drafted me a second defense with the SAME FUCKING BYE WEEK.

Didn't help that my father-in-law had to be hospitalized and thus kind of screwed up the entire rhythm of the day.

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #152 on: August 30, 2013, 08:46:44 AM

I missed my first pick trying to connect on my phone, then drafted the first half on the go. Got home in time for the last 6 rounds or so. I was surprised at how well the mobile client worked.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: August 30, 2013, 08:47:05 AM

4RB's INCLUDING SHANE VEREEN. REALLY? SHANE VEREEN?

Shane Vereen is going to be the Patriot's third down back so should catch a lot of passes and get some runs in as well.  Plus Ridley had that monster concussion at the end of last year so if he gets another...

In other words, I don't think Vereen is a bad guy to have on your roster at all.

Over and out.
Rasix

Reply #154 on: August 30, 2013, 08:48:17 AM

Plus if (when) Amendola gets hurt, Brady's passing options are going to get really slim.

-Rasix
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: August 30, 2013, 08:57:59 AM

I have no excuse since I seem to autodraft every year, but we lost power out at our place just before draft time and I didn't even think of a mobile client. This was definitely the first year that I am totally blind to what is going on. Looking at players it's so unusual to see people who I have no idea who they are on my team.

I used to follow this stuff religiously, now I'm just the speed bump week in the season.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 09:02:19 AM by murdoc »

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: August 30, 2013, 09:02:42 AM

QB Romo/Flacco
WR A.J. Green
WR Pierre Garcon
WR Michael Floyd
RB C.J. Spiller
RB Reggie Bush
TE Tony Gonzales
RB Mark Ingram
K Phil Dawson

It picked you to win with that?  Either the other teams are terrible or Yahoo uses a very broken metric.  Other than Spiller, I don't think there's a single guy on your team that I'd draft. 

You can quote me on this later when you have a monster season and win the league.

-  Mark Twain
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: August 30, 2013, 09:04:09 AM

I missed my first pick trying to connect on my phone, then drafted the first half on the go. Got home in time for the last 6 rounds or so. I was surprised at how well the mobile client worked.

Good to know, seeing as I have a draft tomorrow while at a beer tasting event.

What could possibly go wrong?

beer geek.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #158 on: August 30, 2013, 09:06:48 AM

I think Spiller and A.J. Green are solid. I expect Reggie Bush to get massive points early then tail off late when he gets hurt. Gonzalez will give me solid but unspectacular numbers at TE and Ingram may actually start earning his keep this year on an improved Saints team (you know, one with a coach). Denver's D has already been discussed.

The rest? Yeah, Yahoo's smoking some serious shit.

WayAbvPar

Reply #159 on: August 30, 2013, 09:15:21 AM

AJ Green is going to be a fucking monster, and Cincy will win that division. That being said, Yahoo's rankings are beyond laughable. So much so that the B- they gave me for my draft has me concerned...should have been a D or F.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: August 30, 2013, 09:22:49 AM

AJ Green is going to be a fucking monster, and Cincy will win that division.

If Cinci wins the division, it's because of their defense.  I'll take that bet on AJ Green.  I don't think he'll be in the top 5 for WRs.  Haem has it right in saying that he'll be solid. 

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #161 on: August 30, 2013, 09:42:32 AM

Are we talking fantasy points, receptions, yards, TDs? Which metric?

My prediction is 100 catches, 1500 yards, 13 TDs. Not sure where that lands in the hierarchy of WRs, but that is a monster season.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: August 30, 2013, 09:45:53 AM

Are we talking fantasy points, receptions, yards, TDs? Which metric?

My prediction is 100 catches, 1500 yards, 13 TDs. Not sure where that lands in the hierarchy of WRs, but that is a monster season.

That's about what Brandon Marshall did last year.  It was a solid performance, but when I think "Monster" I tend to think more epic.  

A performance like you describe would put Green in the top 5 for sure, but I don't think he's up for it.  I'd say more like 1200 yds and 10 TD's as an optimistic estimate.  I might consider that good for a player taken late in the second round, but so much can happen with WR's in a season.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 09:49:19 AM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #163 on: August 30, 2013, 09:50:05 AM

He had 97 1350 11 last year. Now he and his QB have an extra year of experience (together). I don't think improvement is out of the question. Especially when you consider the defenses in their division are generally going to be worse than last year (imo).

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #164 on: August 30, 2013, 09:52:21 AM

I was at a CPA conference. Unfortunately it couldn't be avoided.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: August 30, 2013, 09:55:14 AM

I was surprised no one wanted Sudfield (TE NE).
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: August 30, 2013, 09:58:10 AM

He had 97 1350 11 last year. Now he and his QB have an extra year of experience (together). I don't think improvement is out of the question. Especially when you consider the defenses in their division are generally going to be worse than last year (imo).

Cinci has the 12th ranked offense by power ratings and will play quite a few games outdoors in cold weather.  Other factors that will hurt Green are the fact that 1) the running game is improving and 2) he has Sanu (ranked in the 70's) on the opposite side.  Green is going to face much tougher coverage this year as teams will try to force the Bengals to pass away from him.  

Don't get me wrong.  Green is an amazing receiver.  If he had a top tier QB, a better offensive scheme, and a better 2nd receiver, I'd expect him to have a breakout season. As it is, he'll have to kick ass to be a top 5 WR.

-  Mark Twain
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: August 30, 2013, 10:14:25 AM

I was surprised no one wanted Sudfield (TE NE).

It's not that no one wanted him, it's that you picked him up earlier than others wanted him for I think. Only by a couple of picks too iirc.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: August 30, 2013, 10:39:36 AM

QB Romo/Flacco
WR A.J. Green
WR Pierre Garcon
WR Michael Floyd
RB C.J. Spiller
RB Reggie Bush
TE Tony Gonzales
RB Mark Ingram
K Phil Dawson

It picked you to win with that?  Either the other teams are terrible or Yahoo uses a very broken metric.  Other than Spiller, I don't think there's a single guy on your team that I'd draft.  

You can quote me on this later when you have a monster season and win the league.

AJ Green is a top 5 receiver in most rankings, and the Denver defense is a good pickup too. I wouldn't be too heart broken with Pierre Garcon or Tony Gonzalez either.

The AFC North is the Bengals' to lose. I think the Ravens will have to work to contend for a wild-card spot. NE, Houston, and Denver seem clear favourites to win the other divisions, and I'd say that the Colts and Dolphins both have the potential to be as good, if not better than the Ravens this year.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 10:49:03 AM by K9 »

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Rasix

Reply #169 on: August 30, 2013, 11:05:53 AM

I like my team, but there's a lot hinging on players returning to form.   Boom or bust.

-Rasix
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: August 30, 2013, 11:17:02 AM

There are people that think that AJ Green is not going to be a beast.  Fucker dominated for me in 2 of my leagues last year.  I didn't get home in time from work so got autodrafted the first 2 rounds, picked the next 4 rounds or so and said screw it and met up with some friends (missed a few more rounds) but the mobile client really wasn't bad at all for those last rounds.  My RB squad is a sad sad sight and I look forward to fighting for basement rights.  I like how Murdocs draft report card laughs at how easy his week 9 opponent is going to be... me   swamp poop
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #171 on: August 30, 2013, 01:00:50 PM

So Yahoo really does not like the way I draft, apparently.  I have receivid two Ds and a C- (8 team league, no Ds awarded).  For the F13 league, I was confused by these two parts of my Draft review:

They have one of the most prolific sets of WRs in the league, as they scooped up Jones, Nelson, DeSean Jackson, and T.Y. Hilton for their rotation.

followed later by

Shiznitz only had one above-average position grouping, WR, which is projected to beat the league mean at that slot by 5.3%.

Then I get dinged twice because my kicker - KICKER - sucks.

Mr. Irrelevant: Shiznitz may know something no one else does, grabbing Justin Medlock, who is on a squad in less than 10% of all Yahoo! leagues (0%).

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Justin Medlock with the 165th pick gave Shiznitz the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.

I have never played WoW.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #172 on: August 30, 2013, 01:20:49 PM

Your kicker is bad and you should feel bad.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #173 on: August 31, 2013, 01:45:48 PM

Hey dudes, I need some extra people for a different league I got suckered into.  Would love if some of you guys signed up!  PM me for details.

e: League is free and we're going to try and draft tomorrow at 7:30pm.  Three slots still open.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 04:57:53 PM by Phildo »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #174 on: September 03, 2013, 07:44:17 PM

Entered a ten-man league, drafting now.  Time to read up on NFL neckbeard rules, or just avoid injured players? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: F13 2013/2014 Fantasy Football League  
Jump to: