Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:43:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  (Read 1370447 times)
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #2065 on: September 27, 2014, 09:28:13 AM

that game is more neckbeard than any game before it

pfft, obviously you've never played World in Flames

A game so neckbeardy it comes with fully hard cover colour manuals but no AI.  awesome, for real

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
schild
Administrator

Reply #2066 on: September 27, 2014, 09:32:56 AM

Oh, I know about World in Flames.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2067 on: September 27, 2014, 10:52:34 AM

that game is more neckbeard than any game before it

pfft, obviously you've never played World in Flames

A game so neckbeardy it comes with fully hard cover colour manuals but no AI.  awesome, for real

Your neckbeard is lacking, we played the physical hex & counter version of that game 20 years ago.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #2068 on: September 27, 2014, 12:31:47 PM

Who says I didn't?  But do you take a year to play half a game over Cyberboard with players in 4 different time zones?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2069 on: September 27, 2014, 01:00:44 PM

I'm just neckbeardy, not insane.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #2070 on: September 27, 2014, 01:14:14 PM

Actually I'd say its the most sane way to play it. Especially if you've tried to play CWiF multiplayer.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #2071 on: September 27, 2014, 04:25:51 PM

Harpoon was so cool when I was a kid. I didn't really know how to play, but watching my little fleet weather Soviet missile strikes was hella cool, with all the little animations and stuff. Also, you could use nukes in that game.
Glad I'm not the only one that had it and was...not terribly sure what was going on. :)
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #2072 on: September 30, 2014, 06:35:58 PM

Just finished a four hour session of Shadow of Mordor. I'm sold. I'm also just a little shocked that there's something I can say I've never played anything like that before. Not the Arkham Creed/Assassin's Asylum combat That's good, but not new. The Nemesis system: can someone show me some prior art, because someone HAD to have done this before, right? .
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2073 on: September 30, 2014, 06:37:35 PM

Champions Online? awesome, for real
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #2074 on: September 30, 2014, 06:54:16 PM

Heh,  not really the same thing. I was thinking something like a mafia styled game could have this, although this would be really nice to see in an Assassin's Creed.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #2075 on: October 01, 2014, 07:30:18 AM

Just finished a four hour session of Shadow of Mordor. I'm sold. I'm also just a little shocked that there's something I can say I've never played anything like that before. Not the Arkham Creed/Assassin's Asylum combat That's good, but not new. The Nemesis system: can someone show me some prior art, because someone HAD to have done this before, right? .

The Nemesis system is awesome and worth playing the game for. They did an amazing job with it, love getting taunted by a newly ranked up lieutenant that got a lucky crossbow shot into me while I was fighting one of the bigger Trolls.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2076 on: October 01, 2014, 08:23:42 AM

I'm hearing that it does what the videos claim, which is amazing.  Also, Monolith?  What the shit?  Perhaps Obsidian can make a good RPG, now that this precedent is set.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2077 on: October 01, 2014, 10:30:08 AM

Has anyone looked at Endless Legend yet?  I got an email and the trailer looks purdy.  It's HERE

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #2078 on: October 01, 2014, 10:39:11 AM

Has anyone looked at Endless Legend yet?  I got an email and the trailer looks purdy.  It's HERE

I just got it for free with my IGN Prime subscription (and I'm not paying for it anymore, like I wrote in another thread, because of some strange database fuckup on IGN part). Perks!!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS  awesome, for real

And yeah, it looks quite good: the only thing I read is that the AI is very passive and not really put you under pressure, but that might change in a patch.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2079 on: October 01, 2014, 11:45:01 AM

I'm hearing that it does what the videos claim, which is amazing.  Also, Monolith?  What the shit?  Perhaps Obsidian can make a good RPG, now that this precedent is set.
You think that's shocking check out this game from Cyanide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ciuwygibet8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Vw1cYTOeQ
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2080 on: October 01, 2014, 12:00:00 PM

You know they are just going to fuck it up with some sticky terrain bit that you will accidentally click on 500 times causing you to die.  why so serious?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2081 on: October 01, 2014, 12:16:04 PM

What the fuck?  That can't be real.  Thief: The Dark Goblin?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #2082 on: October 01, 2014, 07:20:46 PM

I'm down for that for sure.  Looks fun.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2083 on: October 01, 2014, 07:24:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ciuwygibet8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Vw1cYTOeQ

I have that sitting on my harddrive right now. Review copy. Haven't booted it up. Donation drive more important.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #2084 on: October 02, 2014, 02:13:37 PM

So, new 4X game dropped on to Early Access today from Stardock, Sorcerer King, anyone heard anything about this?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/241990/

Really hesitant with this one, on the one hand, Stardock isn't a name I associate with quality (the graphics even look like Fallen Enchantress a bit).  On the other hand, they still employ Kael, don't they?  Is he anywhere near this, or what's he even doing these days?
schild
Administrator

Reply #2085 on: October 02, 2014, 02:33:32 PM

It's Stardock.

Fuck'em and fuck Brad. Even if he's entertainment for those that love schadenfreude.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #2086 on: October 11, 2014, 04:54:24 PM

Disney has decided to get off their duff and re-release a bunch of titles they helped develop and/or publish.

21+ games, to include Pure, Epic Mickey, and Tron 2.0.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2087 on: October 11, 2014, 05:36:31 PM

So, new 4X game dropped on to Early Access today from Stardock, Sorcerer King, anyone heard anything about this?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/241990/

Really hesitant with this one, on the one hand, Stardock isn't a name I associate with quality (the graphics even look like Fallen Enchantress a bit).  On the other hand, they still employ Kael, don't they?  Is he anywhere near this, or what's he even doing these days?

All you need to know is contained in the 'most helpful' negative review.

[Major Caveat: In Brad/Frogboy/Draginol's words I am a 'Grognard'. Not some French word for troll but it means one of the 'old guard' of gamer who cares about game mechanics more than presentation. Maybe he's right. Maybe I am quibbling over the mechanics and not enjoying the art. Maybe strategy gamers are a vocal minority. So, to blunt the 'insulting harshness' of the review I'll start with, as perhaps I should have done before: the plus-points.]

When the best defense Brad has is, "Why do you care about mechanics" you can put the game on the "fuck off" list.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #2088 on: October 12, 2014, 06:11:37 AM

Driveclub, not my sort of game. But the realism of this gif is quite impressive:

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2089 on: October 16, 2014, 09:54:12 AM

Dreadnought. Looks like MechWarrior Online with flying battleships, but there's nothing wrong with that if they can execute it properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsJ71jVp3JU

Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #2090 on: October 16, 2014, 10:16:01 AM

Dreadnought. Looks like MechWarrior Online with flying battleships, but there's nothing wrong with that if they can execute it properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsJ71jVp3JU

Seems way too fast paced to compare to MW.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2091 on: October 16, 2014, 10:23:28 PM

Literally did not have the patience to read through the tutorial of Sunless Sea. I'm an awful gamer.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #2092 on: October 17, 2014, 02:30:52 PM

So this is a game that is coming

Hatred

As much as I want to get all up in arms over this, to be honest it's what most of my sandbox games devolve into.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #2093 on: October 17, 2014, 02:46:02 PM

It's developed by Neo Nazis.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #2094 on: October 17, 2014, 03:06:43 PM

It's Postal sans the whimsy. Who gives a shit.

In indie darling Hotline Miami you brutalize pixel dudes like 10 times worse than anything in that video.

"B-b-b-but they're like mobsters and shit!"

Yeah, except for uh, the police station full of officers you kill too.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #2095 on: October 17, 2014, 05:23:05 PM

Pre-Zoe Quinn, this is just a Hotline Miami ripoff for carebears.

You heard me right - carebears.

Edit: Before anyone flips their shit about that comment, I'm divorcing it from the modern societal bullshit that killing sprees are bad. Obviously they're fucking bad, it's not something that actually needs to be said. Viewing it as a game (and it's most certainly allowed to exist), Hotline Miami was this same sort of killing spree shit, except in that game if you didn't kill the enemy they sure as shit would kill you. In this game I'm pretty sure you're just literally on a killing spree. So, bad Dead Rising mixed with bad Hotline Miami mixed with Fat Brandon Lee, playing Fat Crow.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 05:27:29 PM by schild »
schild
Administrator

Reply #2096 on: October 17, 2014, 05:29:51 PM

It's developed by Neo Nazis.

Who cares? Neo Nazis are allowed to make terrible games too. Looks better than Candy Crush Saga.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2097 on: October 18, 2014, 01:10:04 AM

The best or worst thing about that game is all the people who literally cheer at exploding heads in any number of other games, but here they suddenly find it objectionable.

edit: for context, I work at a public library. After the decision to start lending out games, there's been talks about banning GTAV (not gonna happen), and some do not want to add M rated games to their respective libraries' collection. If I were to go telling them how GTA is ok and Hatred not ok, I'd look like a complete crazy person.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 01:45:55 AM by jakonovski »
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2098 on: October 18, 2014, 08:09:59 AM

Doesn't look any worse than GTA; they're just embracing the way a lot of people play it.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2099 on: October 18, 2014, 08:13:00 AM

Well, I don't mind violent games (or films, or tv shows, etc) but I like my games to have a point.  Or a plot.  Or maybe just awesome loot.   Something.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 155 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Useless gaming news & chatter  
Jump to: