Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 03:09:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1971806 times)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7945 on: July 11, 2011, 04:21:16 PM

The other thing is, it isn't like your enemies just STOP making their own super caps the entire time your trying to catch up.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7946 on: July 11, 2011, 05:04:59 PM

It's amusing when you consider a super carrier is at least 65+ plex (I don't know exactly what they cost but whatever).   Gold ammo is already in the game really.

It's just in-game resources moving around. Can't really stop that. Given the New NC + DRF is sitting on a massive mineral generator (the drone lands) and a massive passive Isk generator (Tech moons) and has a lot more chance of interfering with the goons construction efforts than vice versa there is zero chance of the goons narrowing the gap.

And I think most goons would correctly decide that any game which requires you to pony up several thousand USD$ on a destructable space asset for use in an often boring game just isn't close to being worth it. Better to just opt out and find a better game.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7947 on: July 12, 2011, 09:37:23 AM

Presumably the PL/NC./DRF coalition will break up when they run out of good fights outside of their coalition. Can't see either PL or NC. sitting on Tech moons spinning ships looking at a station wall saying "we won we won" for long.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7948 on: July 12, 2011, 05:12:44 PM

Those groups aren't really driven by Sov war as much as K/D ratios. So I expect them to keep fountain / Delve as a "live game" reserve and either set up a hunting camp (PL) or roam it in ridiculously expensive ships. Long term the lack of any sov threats might make them lazy and vulnerable but I suspect the null-sec population will have collapsed (outside of renters) by that time.

- Simond
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #7949 on: July 15, 2011, 03:27:30 PM

Aaaaand NCdot/ev0ke/PL etc just sieged dkuk, vfk and ya0, the day before I was set to go on a 3 week roadtrip to northern Norway. Last I heard they cynoed in 200+ supers.

Awesome timing. Ohhhhh, I see.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7950 on: July 15, 2011, 03:45:30 PM

200+ Supers? Pshaw. All you need is a bunch of cruise missile armed rifters.  why so serious?

(For the non ancient, you used to be able to fit a single cruise missile into frigate missile launchers. It was fairly common for pirates to warp a bunch of frigs on top of battleships and salvo a load of cruise missiles on them to blow them up  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?)

Hic sunt dracones.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #7951 on: July 15, 2011, 06:05:29 PM

To follow up, some SBUs were dropped and a bunch of stations, ihubs and CSAAs were reinforced.  Goons are repairing station services right now, and later will be going to save a jump bridge system.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7952 on: July 15, 2011, 06:09:01 PM

State of the Goonion in an hour. Right when my Bloodbowl game is starting :(.

Is the Goonswarm Pearl Habour, or Midway? Guess we'll find out this Sunday. I expect 2000+ ships in system, lag will be horrific and I'll miss the whole thing.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #7953 on: July 15, 2011, 06:52:04 PM

Is the Goonswarm Pearl Habour, or Midway?

200 supers? I think the reference would be Hiroshima.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7954 on: July 16, 2011, 03:19:31 AM

I'm not actually sure about the "200 supers" part, it was something I caught somewhere, there are indications that this might be overstating the fact. vOv

Elaen Todir
Terracotta Army

Reply #7955 on: July 16, 2011, 03:39:28 AM

I'm in sunny Croatia and this happens..
Well I can always play eve online via laptop from the beach..

Seriously, I'm downloading the client now..
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7956 on: July 16, 2011, 03:55:11 AM

Yeah, I'm leaving in literally less than a few hours (I just need to pack), and this happens. I'm pretty annoyed with the timing.

Oh well, at least I've been ~repping hull~ on a few structures while I wait for the last load of laundry to finish.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7957 on: July 16, 2011, 04:51:15 AM

SOTG. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 06:43:20 AM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7958 on: July 16, 2011, 05:50:12 AM

I hate soundcloud :/

The essence was we need to have lots of people on-line for the next couple of days or we lose our core systems and the war.

- Simond
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7959 on: July 16, 2011, 06:18:50 AM

I'll be honest in saying that I'm kinda sad I cant be there. Being hugely outnumbered and with the odds stacked against you is kinda fun.

Hic sunt dracones.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7960 on: July 16, 2011, 07:01:09 AM

I'll be honest in saying that I'm kinda sad I cant be there. Being hugely outnumbered and with the odds stacked against you is kinda fun.

You could do what I did - signup for 4 hours, sell some of your junk and buy a time card for a month's playtime. I'm not giving CCP cash directly.

Trigona
Terracotta Army

Reply #7961 on: July 16, 2011, 07:01:33 AM

It is good fun.  We've got Mittani and the FC A team leading by example and keeping us organised and happy in VFK.  No afk leadership for goonswarm, it's an impressive show of confidence by leadership.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7962 on: July 16, 2011, 09:00:00 AM

Win or lose it's about as interesting as Eve gets. Heroic defense or humbling retreat is sort of what a game about global warfare between empires depends on.

... shame it's not a better game.

And if goons do lose seeing what they become next will be fascinating.

- Simond
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7963 on: July 16, 2011, 02:29:06 PM

SA thread is saying it was a rather heroic defense when the hostiles jumped into system and then a wing of 800mm Autocannons of Maelstrom's arrived on the gate.

Kills: 185
Losses: 37
Damage done (ISK): 24.55B - 24552.88M
Damage received (ISK): 2.05B - 2048.68M
Efficiency: 92.3%

Edit- Yes, Goonswarm  and the Clusterfuck won the fight - the hostiles don't use Maelstrom's.

Posts on Kuganstman indicate that while PL and their allies were getting slaughtered, RaidenDOT took out a play from their old BoB-era playbook, shot down the bubbles caging their staging POS, and jumped out of system while their allies were getting massacred. It's just like old times!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 02:51:13 PM by Comstar »

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #7964 on: July 16, 2011, 02:33:20 PM

SA thread is saying it was a rather heroic defense when the hostiles jumped into system and then a wing of 800mm Autocannons of Maelstrom's arrived on the gate.

Kills: 185
Losses: 37
Damage done (ISK): 24.55B - 24552.88M
Damage received (ISK): 2.05B - 2048.68M
Efficiency: 92.3%

Except you don't say which side is which.  Did Goons lose 185 ships and kill 27?  swamp poop

(I'm assuming not.)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 02:36:37 PM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7965 on: July 16, 2011, 07:11:33 PM

I would expect that's the goons on the winning side of the equation. Attacking the capital while there was a cynojammer spurred goon participation and forced them to fight us without super-caps.

- Simond
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #7966 on: July 18, 2011, 02:59:24 PM

They were told it would all be over by Christmas.  They were told right...

Despite my last update finishing its pitifully short life shot in a ditch in the Cornfield, I am unabashed and so here is another in a series of largely unofficial updates which will continue until Comrade Secretary Mittens wearies of me and feeds bits of me to his dog.

The big news this week is that the tinpot, foreign-smelling president of Ev0kistan put aside his revolting, alien food for long enough to decide that he wanted to subject the fair lands of Deklein - ancestral home of Goons from before the time of our grandparents - to the grasping, clawlike embrace of his repulsive, subhuman minions.  Sacrilege!  Fortunately, free goons across the region and our loyal, largely-claw-free allies decided that they had no desire to be forced to goose-step everywhere, nor to live in stations constantly smelling of pickled cabbage and slaughtered gypsies*, and no sooner had pos.jpg been posted than clusterfuck members spontaneously formed themselves into revolutionary fleet cadres and made their way to the front in VFK to repel the invaders, while Maelstrom production is forty percent above the levels demanded in the current five-year plan.

*KMW members I say nice things about you near the end it's cool.

Well, What Was All That About?

One of PL's C-team of FCs, who had recently been told off by Shamis for his last campaign tailing off in disinterest, appears to have rolled up high on goonhate and drunk on the bitter wormwood of his own history and told everyone that Deklein was ripe for the taking.  "We have only to kick in the door," he insisted to everyone who would listen, "and the whole rotten structure will come crashing down!"  He was particularly desperate because he knew that our last supercapital would be safely finished building in DKUK this weekend.

We actually worried that our entire stable of spies and sources across the new Northern Coalition bloc - Red Orchestra - had been compromised en masse when what seemed a few hours beforehand only to be a play for some tech or perhaps a CSAA turned out to be a full-scale, all-out invasion.  Had every single GIA and Bat Country source been burned?  No.  In fact, the confidence that they could take Deklein on the bounce, fuelled by the advice that they were being fed, led Ev0ke, Raiden, NCDot and others to launch the attack without warning.  This, they were sure, would be a walk in the park.

Perhaps, they thought, we would do the decent thing and time everything for euro prime. Just to give them a chance.  Clearly, they also cherished the idea that we wouldn't immediately rapecage every one of their staging towers until they came out of reinforced and dominate every timezone for the next 72 hours straight, gutting any fleet that showed up to contest the sheer, undoubtable fact of our complete and utter control of the system, while finding we could spare a paltry few hundred people at any given time to run around finishing off hostile towers and defending our own across three regions.

It's Raiden you have to feel sorry for: for half a decade - longer than some of them have been able to write - they've suffered at our hands.  We've thrown them out of more regions than could be counted on the fingers of the annual picnic of the Society of Polydactyls.  They've lost Delve to us not once but twice.  They've launched endless assaults, invasions, Big Pushes and Humiliating Follies against us, and each time their members have been told that those stupid goonies have it coming at last: this time it's really going to happen.  And always, right after they achieve semi-erections with a consistency not unlike that of partially-risen dough, they end up in a scrambling retreat and with their leadership throwing slower members behind them in a desperate flight for safety.

Anyway, every single hostile POS in Deklein is dead.  The sites where they stood are still rapecaged and more than a dozen supercapitals remain trapped within them, unable to log in without rescue.  There are few things in eve as depressing to Joe ElitePeeveepeer as knowing that if they log in without a rescue op they will die, and it hurts morale and participation.  As does sitting in an abaddon getting blown up just so PL can lurk in the middle distance whoring mails in T3s.

What Next?

The timer is running out for alliances which depend entirely upon their supercapitals for their survival.  We know for an absolute fact that at least two major players in the new Northern Coalition are looking at this winter, pondering how they came to piss off the best subcap fleet in Eve, and are - forgive my crudity, gentle goons, but I am only reporting what I see - shitting bricks.

The wiser ones will make nice and find other things to do in Eve in the hope that we overlook their little pecadilloes.  But some of the huddled mass of the new NC are probably looking at the rapidly decreasing countdown to the next patch, which CCP Soundwave again stated last week will be aimed at restoring balance to supercapitals and importance to subcapital fleets, and deciding that they may have as few as ten weeks to get rid of us from nullsec.

Ten weeks might seem a teeny bit longer if you are a member of Ev0ke having to alarm-clock four times a week.  But this is not over, and we will surely have more assaults to fight back before we get to go on the offensive.

Despite its European roots, brutal and senseless revenge is more American than redneck incest, and so the medium-term outlook for the people who vounteer to be the subjects of our new foreverwar is pretty grim.

The South

AAA managed to inveigle an agent into a Drone Federation supercap-building corp.  This individual then proceeded to abort the builds of around 200 billion ISK worth of supercapitals, including a couple of titans.  AAA's leadership, confident after last autumn that they can temporarily retreat to NPC space at any point and thus weather anything the DRF can throw at them, appears hell-bent on provoking White Noise, xDeathx and the rest into aanother huge campaign into their space.  Expect the south to heat up, soon.

Delve

Test and Gents handed over their Delve space and have decided to concentrate on Fountain and the north-west.  Convicted, the last clusterfuck entity in Delve, look rather exposed and you will probably notice some sov being taken down there, too.  Delvegoons are probably pretty delighted right now.

Scouts

Scouts, those Stahkanovite toilers of the revolutionary fleet, are the eyes and ears of our revolutionary commanders and we never have quite enough.  Perhaps fleet warfare bores you, but you do enjoy the idea of invidiously penetrating enemy staging systems, providing data on hostile fleet make-up and warning as they prepare to bridge into our fleets (where they will then die, of course: the life of an elite peeveepee-er in a tech-obsessed morass of blues is a hard one) then contact Ivanova Denisovich, who will draft you into the ranks of our scouts and introduce you to the startlingly novel position of having Mister Vee be polite and grateful to you.

Shout-Outs

This weekend, Test sent huge fleets to help us and made those who were there feel good about them being friends, right up until someone unbanned DurrHurrDurr in a blatant act of anti-coalition sabotage.  The two stars, however, were Fatal Ascension and TNT, who basically brought their entire PvPing membership and lived in our space for the weekend.  And to make up for me being beastly to the Germans I should say that KMW apparently had basically every logged-in member in fleet for the whole time, almost none of whom were spying.

Winter is Coming

Also, our leader has a wolf.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 03:09:58 PM by Endie »

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Trigona
Terracotta Army

Reply #7967 on: July 18, 2011, 08:18:58 PM

I'm hosting an afternoon tea at work where people will have to listen to me reading Endies last update, followed by a Q & A session - this could be quite short, as people can't eat till I'm finished. 

I feel it's important to celebrate Eve highlights, in fact I would love Goonswarm to have the equivalent of a Roman triumph through Jita, bringing our Alpha fleet to parade around 4/4 and maybe shoot at something.  Gladiatorial games would be brilliant, if someone could be arsed to organize them -  20 rifters Vs a BS type thing.  The fly past would be lead by our FCs and we would throw trinkets to the assembled throng.

I'd post this idea on the goonswarm forums but I'm pretty sure it would confirm me as the worlds worst poster.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7968 on: July 19, 2011, 06:38:25 AM

My Little Eve: Spaceships are Magic. An animated video of the recent battle in VFK.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7969 on: July 19, 2011, 07:02:57 AM

Scouts

who will draft you into the ranks of our scouts and introduce you to the startlingly novel position of having Mister Vee be polite and grateful to you.

This actually made me laugh, cause at one point I was one of the best cov ops scouts in Eve, and the though of coming back even to a goon ally, doing my scouting again and having Vee having to grit his teeth and be nice to me made my evil side give a toothy grin.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7970 on: July 19, 2011, 09:38:21 AM

My Little Eve: Spaceships are Magic. An animated video of the recent battle in VFK.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Bravo!
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7971 on: July 19, 2011, 12:36:55 PM

The Mittani just did a SotG because we had 780 people in VFK because 350 600 hostiles had logged on. BAD COUNTRY and several individual's got a direct thank you from him.

Turns out our enemies are evacuating the north to attack Stain Empire and AAA in the deep south. Operation Uranus is a go. The siege of VFKhanagrad looks to be over. The Ev0ke 6th army is still trapped in system and has been abandoned to it's fate.

Today was Mitten's birthday.

SHOUT OUTS - We didn't really do a shoutout at the impromptu Q&A/sotg thing, so here's a chance for us to thank people who are ~awesome~. All our allies have helped us tremendously, but TNT and FA's participation numbers per alliance of their size are literally off the charts. Wow. Thanks to TEST for keeping things entertaining, to GENTs for aiding us in running the scouting system and keeping mumble running, to BDEAL for abruptly dragging themselves up here from Fountain on literally no notice, and to Black Mark and the Pure Blind crew for helping twist the knife. On the command side, Rydis, Laz, Vee, Vily, Tradik and DBRB for dispensing the utter rape of our foes as well as keeping me sane during a ~time of crisis~. Extra love for GSOL for keeping all the madness running - Xttz for his sov-genius, Kismeteer for Not Sleeping At All, and every unsung Hammerbee who deserves a hug and a good night's rest.

In other news:

(2:36:00 PM) Kazanir: Pripyat is claiming we didn't win
(2:36:01 PM) Kazanir: Which means
(2:36:03 PM) Kazanir: We won

***  This was a broadcast from themittani to all, replies are not monitored ***
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 01:29:25 PM by Comstar »

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #7972 on: July 19, 2011, 12:47:31 PM

Did Bat Country distinguish itself like always?
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7973 on: July 19, 2011, 12:54:15 PM

Did Bat Country distinguish itself like always?

Mittens directly praised BAD COUNTRY along with several individuals who reside in the corporation Bat Country and a big shout out to Endie and others whose name I didn't catch. I think we were the only corp in Goonswarm he directly praised (though i was feeling so smug I wasn't listening for several minutes afterwards). Hopefully the recording will be up soon.

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #7974 on: July 19, 2011, 12:57:08 PM

Wait why are they going to go piss off AAA when they already pissed off you guys?   Are they teaming up with the Reds?   I guess I'm still confused on the alliance makeup right now.

Edit: The corp is named BAD country?  I thought it was Bat Country.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7975 on: July 19, 2011, 01:03:26 PM

So does Mittens apparently  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

SOTG now on Evenews24

The TL;DL

According to the SoTG address we can high light the following points: Ev0ke is mass evacuating assets out of their staging areas. NCDOT got fed up with the war, we expand on this with unconfirmed but strong intel about their impending move to Querious, we wouldn’t be surprised if Ev0ke would move there too since they seem to get along quite well.

Here's the cliff's notes:

-Original thought was they were preparing a mega fleet to try and take down the jammer. Undocking all of their freighter assets from X-7 and moving them to C8 and watching them cyno out put a damper on that thought though.
-Evoke evacuating. Theory is they are going south to prepare for a foreverwar with awagon.
-Raiden. can't do shit to Deklein without some help
-GIA got some love for their efforts. Bat Country folks got personal kudos
-Scouts got some love for their efforts. People got named for their hard work and kudos.
-There was some discussion on who will get the MH systems in Fade
-We want EC- back
-It's Mittani's birthday and he likes sushi instead of birthday cake
-Allies are encouraged to talk to Tamir Lenk and Endie if they want to join up to spy
-Minto Took and Solo, among others are working tirelessly to create new web services to make our lives easier (so we can troll harder)
-Goons keep tradition of winning defensive wars
-The Mittani has no plans to turn us into the next NC and feels there is value in having hostiles close by and not bluing everyone around you
-Thumbs up to the FC's responsible for the weekend's festivities and coordinating cages of the rape variety
-Allies that own systems will own the moons within the systems (hopefully says our fearless leader) - so you won't have a situation like the NC had where X Alliance might have sov in the system but Y alliance owns the moons with valuable goo in the system.
-It's The Mittani's hope that the clusterfuck has no real presence in Delve and starts to move north because politics are heavily favored by the region in which they are controlled. Something like that.
-We are still preparing for the newbee drive. Originally it was delayed to the Winter due to FUCK EVE THIS GAME BLOWS but now that things are smoothing out it's going to be put back on soonish rather than later
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 01:20:51 PM by Comstar »

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #7976 on: July 19, 2011, 02:37:53 PM

fluttershy FC'ing is so wrong.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #7977 on: July 19, 2011, 03:05:14 PM

Damn I wish the EvE Metagame was attached to a game I like.

"Me am play gods"
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #7978 on: July 19, 2011, 04:23:40 PM

So are we friends with -A- again now?
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #7979 on: July 19, 2011, 04:26:04 PM

Damn I wish the EvE Metagame was attached to a game I like.

I know this feeling and I have more than one account subbed.
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: