Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:59:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1969470 times)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7805 on: May 10, 2011, 09:07:15 AM

EVE Ewar is a abomination only rivaled by release DaoC CC.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7806 on: May 10, 2011, 11:35:08 AM

Similarly the command ship system.

The entire buff/debuff thing needs a rework.

On supercarriers and carriers, give people the ability to dock in the SMA and ride along when the ship jumps, and then you can do whatever to the offensive capabilities. Remove drones from them altogether if you want.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #7807 on: May 10, 2011, 06:43:51 PM

ef:b

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #7808 on: May 10, 2011, 06:50:36 PM

wrong thread.

--Signature Unclear
Elaen Todir
Terracotta Army

Reply #7809 on: May 11, 2011, 12:47:41 AM

As a proud owner of spanking new JF called MY ARK, I have to ask; is CCP planning on nerfing jump engines or something?
Or have I been eating mushrooms too much?
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7810 on: May 11, 2011, 01:57:01 AM

They plan on nurfing Jump Bridges to allow 0.0 industry to...use Jump Freighters ever more.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7811 on: May 11, 2011, 02:26:44 AM

I wouldn't, at this point, be surprised if they end up nerfing JFs into the ground (stopping them from being used in hisec for example, along with rorquals?) to "wean 0.0 off of Jita", without really providing a boost to 0.0 production. Oh, they'll probably add more slots, but that still won't really help with being able to get the minerals in the first place, because I'm certain that CCP won't give us some sort  of way to combat the perma-cloaked afkers that inevitably will pop up.

Mining for minerals can be doable in hisec because it's easily combinable with watching a movie or something similar as the chance of getting ganked is pretty low overall, but there's absolutely no way I'll go there in 0.0. There are too many reds that aren't reliably reported in intel channels, you have awoxers, you have people coming in through WHs, and you have perma-cloaked afkers which just live off of hulk kills and the like. I'd rather move my main indy char back to hisec to do t2 manufacturing or whatever it is I'd end up doing to make money than mine in 0.0.

I really hope that what Stoffer said about the upcoming changes being a net positive is going to turn out to be correct, but after having seen shitty updates like the dominion sov system, supercarriers, anomaly nerfs and now JB nerfs (heh 2x as expensive to maintain the JB network, woefully short timeperiod to actually plan and set up the JB network according to the new rules, and by woefully short I mean impossible unless you've had SOV in all the systems you wanted to bridge up for at least 2 weeks already) just come off the line like shit of a shovel, I'm not hopeful.

I guess I've finally achieved the bitter vet status. Ohhhhh, I see.

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #7812 on: May 11, 2011, 07:18:12 AM

Stop theorycrafting guys can't you see the sky is falling aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7813 on: May 11, 2011, 07:37:41 AM

I'm just going to say that some of the responses from soundwave/stoffer is disconcerting me. I hope I'm reading too much into it and that he's just wording things badly, but for the first time I'm worried about the upcoming patch BEFORE it's released, instead of sighing at bugs after it's released.

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1509071&page=45#1325
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 07:41:00 AM by tgr »

tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7814 on: May 11, 2011, 01:07:33 PM

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #7815 on: May 11, 2011, 02:54:37 PM

awesome, for real sums that up well I think.

Starting reading expecting a terrible dog fort meme attempt, ending laughing.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 02:56:08 PM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #7816 on: May 11, 2011, 06:30:54 PM

I'm hurt that they didn't include the z0r chains in the chat spam.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7817 on: May 11, 2011, 10:52:22 PM

Super-capitals are a game balance disaster but CCP seems quite happy with it. To the extent of buffing them through named modules, discussing force projection without touching them and this JB nerf making it harder to gather the large sub-cap fleet required to be even marginally relevant when facing them.

But then CCP are clearly stupid, distracted by their other titles (which are probably development nightmares) and actually quite enjoy griefing their player-base.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #7818 on: May 13, 2011, 02:05:08 AM

Cute propaganda best propaganda awesome, for real
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7819 on: May 13, 2011, 11:14:28 AM

I remember when Mercenary Coalition destroyed one of the most powerful alliances in the game with 4 Motherships. Good times. Glad to see CCP has learned from all that.

Hic sunt dracones.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #7820 on: May 20, 2011, 12:22:38 PM

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #7821 on: May 20, 2011, 09:43:33 PM

Is that a photoshop or did ccp actually do a funny?
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7822 on: May 21, 2011, 01:58:56 AM

Apparently they actually did that.

It's now 7pm here in AUS and the world did not start to end.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #7823 on: May 21, 2011, 07:58:21 AM

Jesus is -6 GMT.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #7824 on: May 28, 2011, 06:43:30 AM

« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 03:50:51 PM by Gets »
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7825 on: May 28, 2011, 08:05:00 AM

Looks like the NC is entering failure cascade territory, though I suspect the RMTRussian's would out run their supply lines before hitting Goonswarm and the rest of the Clusterfuck.

However, losing the EC- gate and the easy access to empire's going to hurt, and make supplying Deklein a lot harder.

tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7826 on: May 28, 2011, 10:35:45 AM

Two engagements the last 12 hours, with vastly different outcome.

First engagement was with a formup around 1 evetime I think (+- a few hours). Boat was FCing an NC fleet with abaddons and guardians, and Laz were doing alphafleet and nigfleet. Laz kept us updated on the enemy numbers, and I think we outnumbered their subcaps by 50-100 or so, but then he said they had around 20-30 titans and I've forgotten how many supercarriers. We were jumping back and forth a bit between a few systems until we finally got the word to jump in to the system where the ev0ke/ncdot/etc fleet were. It turned out, however, that they'd parked all their titans at 0 on the gate, so we were all told to get back on the gate and jump out. This is what we saw:

We retreated a few jumps and hid in a POS, where we ended up seeing the following:

At the end we got some unexpected relief from Shadoo, who offered to bridge us all home.  Classy. I'd let him fuck my sister.

A few hours later a new fleet was up, this time under Vily. I'll blatantly copy/paste his BR for this, though.

Quote from: vily
Short BR from Goon FC.

Well, I'm not a morning person. So when i woke up this morning it was painful. Got us on a titan in VFK to go save some tech in venal. Went to midpoint while we sorted all our various, support and allies.

We had 250 Mainfleet with about 70 or so MH dudes, with NC/RZR having another 70-100 or so in tribute willing to assist.

so NC. abaddons get into P-V first, we say whatever, there is 150 of them, we see PL pass by 3g in armour hacs, and we see NC.'s glorious supercap force also waiting in h-pa. So we say fuck it, could be a good fight.

So... Decloak, pop cyno and... titan out of range. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. so my arazu dies and NC. is up to ten titans. The also had suprise bombers i didn't know about so it actually worked ok. So at that point we basically go... whelp and decide to fuck the techs.

However ev0ke did have sbu's onlining in x47 so while they killed our tech we killed some ev0ke sbu's.

Just as the last SBU dies, NC. and PL and ev0ke all start coming in. cyno's EVERYWHERE. none with titans though as they may have not noticed us slightly moving out of titan range of h-pa.

we immediatly bail to J-C full on. load is harsh but not horrid.

And we start working through abaddons, A-Z just going down the list. we trade in J-C like that for about 20 minutes, We made it to G? i think inthe alphabet, then the traige carriers come in, so i switch to ev0ke who dont have that luxury while we continue to kite the abaddons out of range as best we can.

Before long ev0ke is dead, mostly wiped out or out range and we have properly re-kited the abaddons, so we switch to PL, while our first few targets dont go down great we get in a decent little groove for maybe 10 kills before PL bails out.

At this point we dont have much in range, although the NC. abaddon blob is starting to get in range and out of their triage carriers range. we quickly primary the solo merciless archon who was close to us and literally volley him. was quite happy. We then start working through abaddons once more, WOOHOO!.

Goin great and the then PL comes right back in. so we switch to them.

and then "as usual" here comes the titans and supers. Having expected this for probably 20 minutes i have been systematically clearing hictors and dictors throughout the fight so we manage to make a VERY clean escape from the field. I'm sure we lost a few but it couln't have been many.

The magic fleetwarp takes us to 4-a (goon JB system) and we immediatly jump through. a couple lemmings jump with us and we summarily sluaghter them. I get a little cocky at this point and fail to notice local popping like a motherucker. so instead of making another clear exit we get roughly savaged in 4-a. we killed a few PL, but without anyone backing us our huginns are lost and we cant break a single eris so at that point the fight is over.

I get doomsday'd ofc by the titans that come in with them and we bail to the JB and out.

Very Fun fight.

Props to that eris guy :P

i would say we mostly traded evenly in J-C, not sure what the final result will be yet, 4-a was likely not so pretty, but there wasn't near as many of us left ;p

Funniest bit about the last fight was some PL guy tried to say that we didn't want to engage them because we thought they had 600 dudes. Maybe next time he'll try to lie convincingly, as nothing of the sort was said at any point. Apart from that it was one hell of a fight, and if they hadn't dropped supers on us then we might very well have come out on top.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #7827 on: May 28, 2011, 12:35:05 PM

I'm a little confused, so goons are fighting NC now?
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7828 on: May 28, 2011, 01:00:26 PM

Huh? Where'd that come from?

No, we're not fighting the NC. Test, gents and a few other alliances (that live in delve, fountain, etc) are resetting them in a week, but they're not going to hunt the NC.

Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #7829 on: May 29, 2011, 04:15:04 PM

The vily quote talks about "NC." not "NC" -  note the dot in the name. NC (Northern Coalition) is a super-alliance of alliances, while NCDot ("NC.") is an alliance that chose that name to confuse people and that fight alongside PL against the real NC. Also note that the alliance "Goonswarm" is in the PL block - the real Goonswarm is called "Goonswarm Federation".

This is all a Mittani plot to make people confused so that they are easier to recruitment scam.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7830 on: May 29, 2011, 09:18:28 PM

NCdot is what the rump of triumvirate that couldn't get into PL call themselves. They aren't all that strong relative to other PL/DRF factions but for some reason they have a particular bug up their ass regarding goons.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #7831 on: May 29, 2011, 11:04:01 PM

NCdot and their closest allies have a respectable supercap fleet, actually.  Underestimate them at your own peril.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7832 on: May 30, 2011, 04:27:54 AM

I can underestimate anyone I like with no resultant peril whatsoever.

Mine is the blissful existence of a corp member with no decision making influence beyond how to fit my shield tanked artillery geddon for ops.

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #7833 on: May 31, 2011, 02:05:51 PM

tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7834 on: May 31, 2011, 03:29:59 PM

Apparently PL/NCdot/RAIDEN. has the following on an MM JB POS:

30 Aeon
58 Nyx
2 Wyvern

16 Avatar
15 Erberus
1 Leviathon
2 Rags

And PL are muttering on kugu that they have over 300 supercaps. I'm wondering what they'll do when they cause the nerf of their beloved supercaps.

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #7835 on: May 31, 2011, 04:53:52 PM

Apparently PL/NCdot/RAIDEN. has the following on an MM JB POS:

30 Aeon
58 Nyx
2 Wyvern

16 Avatar
15 Erberus
1 Leviathon
2 Rags

And PL are muttering on kugu that they have over 300 supercaps. I'm wondering what they'll do when they cause the nerf of their beloved supercaps.

Seeing that many Nyx's makes me think they should give Dreads a bit more punch vs super caps.   Of course I've no idea what I'm talking about probably.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7836 on: May 31, 2011, 04:57:57 PM

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7837 on: May 31, 2011, 09:43:31 PM

Ban all supercaps. Fixes all of Eve's problems.

In other news, Goonswarm has apparently reset most of the NC, staying blue only with Razor, MM and the Pure Blind residents.  What the Clusterduck plans to do when the 250-ship Supercap fleet arrives on it's door step next month when they can't stop it with all of the NC with them, is an exercise left up to the reader.

tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7838 on: June 01, 2011, 12:34:17 AM

I'm going to go with "run like headless chicken back to empire". I'm having a problem thinking up how to actually counter that fleet of supercarriers/titans, about all I can think of would be to suicidedrop siege dreads on them, neut them to fuck and shoot them, and do that over a period of many engagements, whittling them down.

However, one thing I'm finding hilarious (and disconcerting) is how Phreeze is now almost literally bringing us flowers and chocolate on kugu. Something's afoot, and I don't like it.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7839 on: June 01, 2011, 01:08:01 AM

NC Morale boosting speech

The Mittani: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.

(The Vuk does not respond.)

The Mittani: 'Ello, Miss?

Vuk: What do you mean "miss"?

The Mittani: I'm sorry, I have a cold. I wish to make a complaint!

Vuk: We're closin' for downtime.

The Mittani: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this NC  what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very fourm.

Vuk: Oh yes, the, uh, the Northern Coalition...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?

The Mittani: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

Vuk: No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting.

The Mittani: Look, matey, I know a dead alliance when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

Vuk: No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'! Remarkable alliance , the Northern Coalition, idn'it, ay? Beautiful CAOD posting!

The Mittani: The posting don't enter into it. It's stone dead.

Vuk: Nononono, no, no! 'E's resting!

The Mittani: All right then, if he's restin', I'll wake him up! (shouting at the cage) 'Ello, Mister NC Pilots! I've got a lovely fresh 10/10 complex for you if you show...

(Vuk makes a TS speach)

Vuk: There, he posted!

The Mittani: No, he didn't, that was you posting on CAOD!

Vuk: I never!!

The Mittani: Yes, you did!

Vuk: I never, never did anything...

The Mittani: (yelling and hitting the cage repeatedly) 'ELLO PILOTS!!!!! TESTing! TESTing! TESTing! TESTing! This is your nine o'clock alarm call op!

(Takes the alliance out of the cage and thumps its head on Kugastumn. Throws it up in the air and watches it plummet to the floor.)

The Mittani: Now that's what I call a dead alliance .

Vuk: No, no.....No, 'e's stunned!

The Mittani: STUNNED?!?

Vuk: Yeah! You stunned him, just as he was wakin' up! Northern Coalition's stun easily, major.

The Mittani: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That alliance is definitely deceased, and when I X'ed up it not 'alf an hour ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to it bein' tired and shagged out following a NPC incursion.

Vuk: Well, he's...he's, ah...probably pining for the Scrapheap challange fourm...

The Mittani: PININ' for the SC FORUMS?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why did he fall flat on his back the moment I got 'im home?

Vuk: The Northern Coalition prefers keepin' on it's back! Remarkable alliance , id'nit, squire? Lovely posting!

The Mittani: Look, I took the liberty of examining that alliance when I got it home, and I discovered the only reason that it had been sitting on its regions in the first place was that it had been MINING there.

(pause)

Vuk: Well, o'course it was mining there! If I hadn't mailed that alliance down, it would have nuzzled up to those bars, bent 'em apart with its beak, and VOOM! Off playing Rift!

The Mittani: "VOOM"?!? Mate, this alliance wouldn't "voom" if you put four million ISK through it! 'E's bleedin' demised!

Vuk: No no! 'E's posting!

The Mittani: 'E's not posting! 'E's passed on! This alliance is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't mined 'im to the asteroid belt 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-ALLIANCE!!

(pause)

Vuk: Well, I'd better replace it, then. (he takes a quick peek behind the counter) Sorry squire, I've had a look 'round the back of the shop, and uh, we're right out of competent allies.

The Mittani: I see. I see, I get the picture.

Vuk: I got a TEST alliance.

(pause)

The Mittani: Pray, does it post?

Vuk: Nnnnot really.

The Mittani: WELL IT'S HARDLY A BLOODY REPLACEMENT, IS IT?!!???!!?

Vuk: N-no, I guess not. (gets ashamed, looks at his feet)

The Mittani: Well.

(pause)

Vuk: (quietly) D'you.... d'you want to come back to my place?

The Mittani: (looks around) Yeah, all right, sure.

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: