Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 01:11:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1971788 times)
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #7420 on: August 23, 2010, 04:32:19 PM

Although BDCI have had a number of approaches over the last few days (including one non-goon who suggested that they join us!) Seleene is apparently keen to try building something frm the ground up again. Which also sounds like us  Rimshot

Seriously, I think that this is the wrong time in Eve to try that appraoch, but it's a cool enough idea, at least.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7421 on: August 23, 2010, 04:35:53 PM

Not a rumour, we have left (as has PUN). Post-ET -A- is unfortunately not the same as before, it's been missing that special russian determination for quite a while. And Manfred had the hardest time trying to achieve anything while being stonewalled on one side by many veterans, and trying to micro-manage all aspects on the other.

I feel bad for the remaining good folks as -A- has been a terrific home to BDCI when the corp was as good as dead, and it's been lots of fun for quite a while. Time to move on, though.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7422 on: August 23, 2010, 04:37:08 PM

Seriously, I think that this is the wrong time in Eve to try that appraoch, but it's a cool enough idea, at least.

Yep, agree, but nothing wrong with giving it a try again. Can't get much worse than Requiem, now can it :) ?

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #7423 on: August 23, 2010, 04:40:44 PM

Yep, agree, but nothing wrong with giving it a try again. Can't get much worse than Requiem, now can it :) ?

Funnily enough, Requiem was something I was thinking of, especially with R A free at the moment, too.

Seriously, if you want to build a supercap-heavy force from the ground up, come to Goons on a consulting role.  We have nine supercap producers, the ability and money to churn them out non-stop for ages, and little experience in using them.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7424 on: August 23, 2010, 05:24:20 PM

Random Prediction: they join PL who are the new MC.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #7425 on: August 23, 2010, 05:27:40 PM

This seems pretty likely, at least if the cultural differences weren't a factor.

Twitter - Endieposts

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7426 on: August 23, 2010, 06:18:08 PM

I wonder if it will follow the normal PvP arc of the strongest players gravitating towards the dominant power (PL if you have a capital ship I'd guess) so they can use their expensive toys and pwn. One of the protections against that was investment in space and needing huge numbers of pilots to defend that space. A non-spaceholding alliance that can field a critical mass of capital ships / high SP pilots sort of breaks that paradigm though.

Or maybe they just looked over at Atlas and realised they were next :)

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7427 on: August 23, 2010, 06:35:25 PM

There are a number of corp cultures or playing styles not compatible with each other. R A and Co are effective, but the raging and cursing in TS motivates half of the playerbase and irritates the heck out of the other half. For example, I don't see Outbreak or BDCI form an alliance with Doom or R A. I'm certainly not saying one is better than the other, just that you shouldn't stick these personalities in the same room (or forum, for that matter) as they just have entirely too different expectations.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7428 on: August 23, 2010, 07:33:48 PM

Like NC + goon sharing teamspeak channels  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

A couple of posters on Kugu suggestion IT is going to be staging something from empire space... Not sure what the strategic goal would be. Attack the NC in geminate, Attack the Russians to maybe distract some pressure off Atlas (doesn't look like that's going to save them though) or just join in kicking Atlas to the curb.

RKK X13 AND DICE where sent to uanzin
nexe and nvm where sent to hemin
logistics have been setup from delve to curse and gw

ill leave the rest for the ppl who knows best and think thay know where thier going to go off on one

so far non of you have a good spy

The info could be a feint of course... but I guess IT probably feels the need to show some muscle / convince people to log in fighting something somewhere.

Certainly interesting times ahead :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 07:35:58 PM by Kageru »

- Simond
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7429 on: August 23, 2010, 08:24:28 PM

Pretty standard fare from IT. Make loud noises about staging movements, see who panics or seems weak and invade those people. Its basically a bad imitation of the WWE version of psyching out the opponent.

Sadly, nobody will panic at IT turning up at this stage.

Ahh well, whatever happens it will probably result in Shrike losing another few Titans.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Although BDCI have had a number of approaches over the last few days (including one non-goon who suggested that they join us!) Seleene is apparently keen to try building something frm the ground up again. Which also sounds like us  Rimshot

Seriously, I think that this is the wrong time in Eve to try that approach, but it's a cool enough idea, at least.

Is Seleene still active despite bieng a dev? Interesting. Agree its the wrong time though.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 08:51:26 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7430 on: August 23, 2010, 08:50:14 PM

Sel is in charge, yes, but no longer at CCP. He left months ago.

Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #7431 on: August 24, 2010, 10:25:46 AM

If I had a monocle and BDCI joined PL it'd be popped out on the floor in surprise
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #7432 on: August 25, 2010, 01:52:21 AM

holy fuck is that guy legit awesome, for real

So much for that.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 02:04:37 AM by tgr »

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #7433 on: August 25, 2010, 01:58:06 AM

Now that he has two posts, I'd say he meets our recruiting standards.  We'll put him to work ratting 23/7 in Venal.

What tgr said.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 02:28:51 AM by Phildo »
rand
Terracotta Army

Reply #7434 on: August 25, 2010, 08:39:07 AM

hell no fuck Seleene
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7435 on: August 29, 2010, 06:05:57 PM

Atlas Alliance pretty much melts down in the face of PL / White Noise / Red Alliance / XiX and their borderline game-breaking super cap fleet. In order to save personal, corp and super-capitals in construction they agree to the following terms of surrender:

STANDINGS:
- xix/RA/WN will call back PL
- Atlas will get blue standing to all above to one day after last Titan is built.
- This standing involves docking rights in all former Atlas station
- The standing will remain for the days it take to build all supercaps + one day.
- Atlas will reset their former ally AAA a week after deal is set.

TRIBUTES:
- Atlas will give xix/RA/WN a tribute of 2 Erebus and 3 Nyx
- The first and the last Erebus that finish will be handover when ready.
- The Nyx's will be handover when ready.

COLLATERAL:
- xix/RA/WN will give Chribba 200B as collateral until deal is complete.
- If deal is broken this isk goes to Atlas Holdings.
- When deal is furfilled Atlas will also kill their alliance name and xix/RA/WN get their collateral back.

AAA responds with sympathy by camping their evacuation path.

It is certainly "Interesting times" but I hope CCP are a bit worried. The number of 0.0 alliance that are hollow shells, the critical mass of super caps and the improbability of a new alliance being able to get involved in the 0.0 game as anything other than a renter puts their grand strategic game on shaky ground. And controlling mudflation is pretty difficult without aggravating their existing playerbase.

The agreement doesn't really say what will happen to the space, which will be interesting to watch. As will whether PL takes space or remains mercenary (and who can afford / would pay other than the russian bloc?). If the latter they'll need another contract as much to keep their pilots occupied as for the resources.

- Simond
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #7436 on: August 29, 2010, 06:42:53 PM

Chribba should choose now as the perfect time to take their money and run ;-).
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7437 on: August 29, 2010, 07:18:52 PM

600 GTC's... it really is an awful lot of money both in-game and RL.

Some other random guy wrote words on the subject.

- Simond
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7438 on: August 29, 2010, 08:41:52 PM

hell no fuck Seleene

While it's certainly crossed everyone's mind all parties agreed that the corporate cultures are a bit, uh, too different...

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7439 on: August 31, 2010, 02:55:18 PM

Chribba should choose now as the perfect time to take their money and run ;-).

Chribba probably has way more then that already.

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Chribba

Heart The Veldnaught

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7440 on: August 31, 2010, 05:45:58 PM

... you really have to admire the excessive nature of that.

- Simond
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #7441 on: August 31, 2010, 08:33:56 PM

Top Contributors For This Page

* Chribba [29]
    * Daquaris [4]
    * Julius Rigel [2]
    * T'Amber [2]
    * Ekil Ix [2]
    * Das Hoff [2]
    * CaptainSeafort [2]
    * Forceflow [2]
    * ISD Erilus Nex [1]
    * ISD Crystal Carbonide [1]
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7442 on: September 02, 2010, 11:27:45 AM

I think he mentioned the other day he has fifty something accounts.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7443 on: September 02, 2010, 02:25:03 PM

In News:

Atlas is collapsing. Bobby Atlas returns from His suspiciously well timed holiday, rages that he would NEVER had made a deal like that (despite him leaving before it would have been necessary), claims he cares about the common member and so HE IS GOING TO DISBAND THE ALLIANCE!!... and then logs off when he realizes his roles have been yanked. Atlas > BOB (and to a lesser extent Goons)

The full chatlog is HERE

But here is is spoilered for posterity..,

IT have gathered up their pets (who it must be remembered pay 15 billion a month for the privilege of being used as cannon fodder) and thrown then at Evoke and cry havoc, possibly counting on the NC et all to take advantage and pile on top of Evoke, which IT can then take credit for destroying. Considering ITs numbers advantage, the huge experience of ITs FCs and the general advantage of their... oh who am I kidding. Evoke are slapping them around the face while the universe laughs.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 04:26:27 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7444 on: September 02, 2010, 03:11:50 PM

You failed at spoiler tags!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7445 on: September 02, 2010, 03:31:00 PM

Ok I missed out on one "/" Sue me

Hic sunt dracones.
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7446 on: September 02, 2010, 03:51:27 PM

It's often a problem. If you have a strong decisive leader the secondary roles tend to fill with weak characters. It certainly seems like good fodder for the people who write their PhD theses on gaming guild management. It is such an extreme case of a large organisation revolving completely around one person.
TheDreamr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7447 on: September 03, 2010, 02:10:51 PM

Just been told atlas has been reset after the first of their super-carriers under-construction was "borrowed" as soon as it came out of the oven.

ps. Anything interesting happen when hydra reloaded was disbanded?  Can't find anything myself other than a guy who likes the sound of his own voice far too much.

edit button addict.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7448 on: September 03, 2010, 07:03:28 PM

From kugu

Shadoo said:
And, as I suspected, at the end even the ATLAS leadership was too eager for their own wallets and everyone stole what wasn't bolted down and disapeared like Bobby :D

ATLAS defaulted on the agreement since first few supercaps mysteriously have disapeared :P. This is some wonderful, wonderful aftershow!

Aurora148 said:
after complaints from both sides Chribba has decided that the terms of the deal were too vague to work with and so has refunded the deposit isk.

deal is off bros, and the Russians haven't received any supercaps yet.

At least the deal let some grunts get their shit out.

Hic sunt dracones.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7449 on: September 07, 2010, 10:02:50 PM

Eve politics never disappoints. "Butter Dog" associated with Damu'Khonde in providence trolled PL on the forums so PL trolled them in the game. Leading to some sadly imbalanced fights like this one with 153:9 losses. Though I'd not be surprised if the whole forum war is either to keep their pilots amused or as an opening gambit towards an offensive against -A- since this removes a potential source of allies / interference.

- Simond
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #7450 on: September 08, 2010, 01:16:52 AM

Aww, poor bitter dog. awesome, for real

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Trigona
Terracotta Army

Reply #7451 on: September 08, 2010, 04:03:31 AM

Or as he is sometimes known...Bitter Dick.  BD is hated on the forums which surprises me as his posts don't seem that bad, but it's a good example of why many alliances don't allow members to post.  It can lead to alliance destruction if you shit the wrong people.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #7452 on: September 08, 2010, 06:22:54 AM

BD has been playing his terrible posting game for years.  What he is doing now is more or less what he has always done.  Maybe he thinks he is controlling their game?  Why anyone would let him keep posting is beyond me. 
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #7453 on: September 08, 2010, 02:05:59 PM

Butter Dog is  not the worst poster in Eve, but he is in the bottom five.  He posted about how PL couldn't beat anyone who wasn't already dying so PL decided that was as good a casus belli as any.

Twitter - Endieposts

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #7454 on: September 08, 2010, 03:25:11 PM

My memory might be faulty but I seem to remember BD running his mouth about ISS(N) before they got melted.  Perhaps I am mistaken, I know he was loathed though.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: