Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 08:33:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1971965 times)
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6860 on: February 03, 2010, 12:34:33 PM

I'd like to apologize to the thread, apparently the image I posted before of the insurance-fraud dreadnaughts was not Karttoon's doing.  It was apparently a capital producer liquidating his overstock.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #6861 on: February 03, 2010, 01:59:44 PM

Feb 5th 2009

Feb 3rd 2010

awesome, for real

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Moosehands
Terracotta Army

Reply #6862 on: February 03, 2010, 05:33:19 PM

The Final Word:

I'll try to keep this short since I've never been one for long boring stories.

I was originally planning to do this about a month ago. I prepped everything one evening with a post at hand, and moved my characters into our major cache locations. I noticed that NOL had a large logistics ship cache worth of 10's of billions in T2 ships, so I spent about two hours moving them to lowsec. By the time I was finished it was getting late, so I decided to get some sleep and mash buttons the following night. The next day I received intel that SirMolle was going to move IT alliance to work with AAA/Sys-K invade our space, and decided to let things continue since the idea of them alarm clocking until 5AM for weeks at a time made me gitty inside. The work moving the ship cache and other important assets could be easily explained that I didn’t want them locked in NOL if it was lost. This is the draft of the post I had prepared:

quote:

So I’ve been looking a lot over the past month at GoonSwarm, and the Goons and pubbies that reside in the alliance. The majority of Goons for the most part are either disinterested in eve online at this point (with good reason), while the rest are either sponsored in, or simply joined SA and managed to meet the minimum requirements to get into Goonfleet (There are definitely some exceptions to this, but the percentage is very low). The pubbie corps on the other hand are mainly filled with jews who only are in GoonSwarm for easy ISK, protection, and PVP that we mostly pay for. I’ve been looking at our post dominion strategy, and strategically speaking things are easily winnable. The problem is, we’ll have to pack GoonSwarm with exponentially more pubbies, and negotiate standings with people I would rather never have to deal with to in order to achieve this. I have spent the majority of my time in eve killing these faggots, and continuing to do this and defend these actions is absolutely unacceptable, and I’m not going to do it anymore . Kicking all of our pubbie corps, and obvious join 4 guilds with 4 year old eve accounts and 8 month old SA accounts would also be a death sentence, as so few real Goons actually play this game anymore in comparison to the number required to hold space. In that, I’m doing what I feel is the best thing I can do right now before leaving this game. Euthanasia.

I’ve already kicked every single corp out of GoonSwarm. I’ve also removed all of our standings with everybody. Feel free to spend the next few days blowing everyone up, or whatever. Additionally I’ve set Goonfleet into self destruct mode. I’ve left limited ISK in the corp wallet to pay for the sovereignty we currently have. You’re free to rat up the ISK to extend this timer (I’ve raised the taxes to 100%), but doing this for a long period of time is kind of pointless as all of our logistical routes will offline as soon as they run out of fuel.

Tl;dr: Fuck pubbies, fuck eve, and :fuckgoons:.

Amusingly enough when I returned from a 1.5 vacation to discover that most of what I was going to do was already done... by accident. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard and long in my entire life.

At this point finishing the job was obvious, but I wanted a day or two to get a few things prepared, such as unlocking all of the Titan and Mothership BPO's and letting the logistics crew ninja some of the stuff out for me first. To buy some time I made a half assed post and semi-troll on Goonfleet.com essentially blaming CCP and regurgitated some previous terrible orders the directorate made. The response from Goons was more amusing than I anticipated. I removed all roles from in game titles rendering them useless, and then purged all of the directors of titles. Conveniently the jabber bot in illuminate wasn't online at the time, so it didn't scream in the channel about the role changes (Solo is awesome BTW, and you really should use your talent on something that will make you rich). I systematically removed all of the member corps from Goonswarm except for Tolon (supercap corp) and GHSC (The alliance wallet corp), to which I had control over with alts. I voted GHSC as executor, and booted Goonfleet from the alliance. Shortly after I submitted Goonfleet's application to Band of Brothers, which should take affect between 1-2AM EST tonight where it will remain indefinitely.

I am leaving enough isk in the wallets of both executor corps to ensure the alliance bills can be paid for at least a few years, and I am riding into the sunset (quitting eve) leaving all the isk and assets locked in game. I'll probably check back in a year or so and donate it all to some random goon of my choice, assuming the game still exists.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #6863 on: February 03, 2010, 05:48:58 PM

That post was....rather boring and disapointing to be honest.  Especially considering it was from the head of Jihadswarm.  (right?)  Heartbreak

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6864 on: February 03, 2010, 06:06:59 PM

The considered opinion on goonfleet.com is no one believes a fucking word of it.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #6865 on: February 03, 2010, 06:13:18 PM

Hopefully CCP detects any activity that's against the EULA and bans the account if it happens (as a bonus, a good amount of ISK is taken out of circulation).  I guess we won't ever know.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6866 on: February 03, 2010, 07:17:53 PM

To expand on what Sir T said, during his time Karttoon integrated Darkstar1 rather than kicking them out wholesale when they decided to call it quits as a corp.  He also brought two new non-English speaking pubbie corps into the alliance with Free Space Pilots AKA Banderlogs and Pulsar (from RA and TCF respectively).
Viper ShizzIe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6867 on: February 03, 2010, 11:51:18 PM

He also brought two new non-English speaking pubbie corps into the alliance with Free Space Pilots AKA Banderlogs and Pulsar (from RA and TCF respectively).

I'm pretty sure that was more of a jabberati decision than something that karttoon really wanted.
Darius JOHNSON
Terracotta Army

Reply #6868 on: February 04, 2010, 12:15:57 AM

He also brought two new non-English speaking pubbie corps into the alliance with Free Space Pilots AKA Banderlogs and Pulsar (from RA and TCF respectively).

I'm pretty sure that was more of a jabberati decision than something that karttoon really wanted.

Nothing in Goonfleet happens without the CEO wanting it to happen. The fact is the only CEO who brought in more pubbies was Sesfan.
Viper ShizzIe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6869 on: February 04, 2010, 12:29:53 AM

Nothing in Goonfleet happens without the CEO wanting it to happen. The fact is the only CEO who brought in more pubbies was Sesfan.

I dunno, me being banned from jabber 4 times sure didn't have karttoon's stamp of approval~

Anyway, while he would have actually had to press "accept" it's unlikely that he wasn't pressured into it by people whose agenda it best fit.
Darius JOHNSON
Terracotta Army

Reply #6870 on: February 04, 2010, 08:48:53 AM

I dunno, me being banned from jabber 4 times sure didn't have karttoon's stamp of approval~

Anyway, while he would have actually had to press "accept" it's unlikely that he wasn't pressured into it by people whose agenda it best fit.

He was aware of you being banned. Him choosing to be a passive aggressive faggot about it doesn't change that.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6871 on: February 04, 2010, 09:07:00 AM

To expand on what Sir T said, during his time Karttoon integrated Darkstar1 rather than kicking them out wholesale when they decided to call it quits as a corp.  He also brought two new non-English speaking pubbie corps into the alliance with Free Space Pilots AKA Banderlogs and Pulsar (from RA and TCF respectively).

According to the head of OEG, a Russian corp who've been in GF for ages, Karttoon also asked him if there were other Russian-language corps suitable for recruitment.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #6872 on: February 04, 2010, 09:31:35 AM

Self moderating.  I intended to give a different perspective on happenings in my area, not contribute to thread degrading.  Potential discussion can happen elsewhere.  Nothing to see here, move along.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 11:36:48 AM by Pezzle »
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #6873 on: February 04, 2010, 09:46:34 AM

I'm not going to excise the above, but let's keep this on track. Bitching about jabber bans or any other injustice that may have been inflicted on you isn't welcome; take it to another thread or PMs.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6874 on: February 04, 2010, 11:39:43 AM

Pezzle, Jordan summarized what most -A- folks think nicely over on Kugu's:

I'm pretty sure we still respect you for being independent. Only the retards on our side actually think you're allied with goons or whatever. All this "accept our offer" and "you're stupid for not doing what we tell you" is basically just people role playing, and even with the ones that are serious about it, you can just write them off as unintentional roleplayers. What it boils down to is the fact that we cannot tolerate someone forcing us to fight 2 front wars. If we planned on sticking in Catch till the servers shut down, then we'd be glad to fight you on a sov level, day in and day out. But you started your invasion just as we moved to take 49, which was our first offensive in months. And I'm pretty sure we'd rather be in a certain other place right now, kicking certain other asses, than in Catch.

So the whole thing is basically, we don't want to kill you, but neither can we effectively fight 2 front wars, so somehow we have to ensure that we can go away for a reasonable amount of time, and not have you taking HED or anything like that. If that means taking 1 of your stations, fine, but it's looking like it will take alot more than that. Hopefully we can stop somewhere before we run you out of the region entirely.

So what this boils down to: we wanted a non-invasion pact (sov), you seem to want to expand the space you hold and gain experience in sov warfare. That, unfortunately, is mutually exclusive, and this is why we are where we are.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #6875 on: February 04, 2010, 11:43:50 AM

Karttoon couldn't even wait 2 days to disband us on February 5th?  He really does suck at everything.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #6876 on: February 04, 2010, 01:24:39 PM

Karttoon's self-aggrandising third-rate Remedial-clone post aside, he wasn't planning shit. He saw Niart basically get away with a slap on the wrist and figured he'd be able to slide back in and weather the storm...and then rage-quit when basically the first page of replies to his "welp" post was variations on the theme of "Get out".

Either that, or this is all Endie's fault from when he called out Karttoon a month or so back.  awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6877 on: February 04, 2010, 08:21:29 PM

He was aware of you being banned. Him choosing to be a passive aggressive faggot about it doesn't change that.

At least this man right here is not a passive aggressive faggot.  Although he chose to prove it by shitcanning the corp that most of us from f13 are in.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #6878 on: February 05, 2010, 11:40:40 AM

The LoveU stuff has been split to here.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 11:42:46 AM by bhodi »
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6879 on: February 05, 2010, 03:05:32 PM

I have to say, I felt bad about the whole retaliation thing in Providence before. After listening to this teamspeak snippet I *really* feel bad. Yes, we are all expecting a hotdrop at some point, but if that level of coordination is any indication another capital fleet engagement might not be such a good idea after all..

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #6880 on: February 05, 2010, 03:11:15 PM

I have to say, I felt bad about the whole retaliation thing in Providence before. After listening to this teamspeak snippet I *really* feel bad. Yes, we are all expecting a hotdrop at some point, but if that level of coordination is any indication another capital fleet engagement might not be such a good idea after all..

That is some horrible fleet co-ordination, holy shit. Also the guy with the triple echo on his mike needs to turn his damn speakers off.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #6881 on: February 07, 2010, 06:35:06 PM

So is the Amarr RP alliance going to be taken over? I'm going to be sad if they die :(

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #6882 on: February 07, 2010, 06:50:15 PM

So it turns out that RP does not give much of a battlefield advantage?

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6883 on: February 08, 2010, 08:44:39 AM

Setar, is the whole three-cornered AAA/Coven/Stainwagon drama over freighters real or imaginary?

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6884 on: February 08, 2010, 10:08:53 AM

Real. They lost a freighter to a POS standing problem a while ago and apparently weren't happy with how reimbursement was handled. The freighter gank and following diplomatic negotiations seem rather passive-aggressive from both sides to me. Might as well get some more variety going on in 0.0 space again, although I'd got to say I'd hate to shoot SYS-K.

tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #6885 on: February 08, 2010, 10:49:55 AM

I'd love to see sys-k get shot in the face, personally.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #6886 on: February 08, 2010, 11:34:29 AM

because...

Don't be a hater, be a motivated hater.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #6887 on: February 08, 2010, 12:08:47 PM

Well, there's no real good reason, they just rubbed me the wrong way the whole time during the 49- invasion/distraction/whatever the story was at any given point in time depending on how well that went for them. I got the impression they were just the little kid peeking out from behind a big bully, shaking their fist and going "yeaaah!".

I know it's not much of a reason, but I'd still giggle if it happened.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6888 on: February 08, 2010, 12:21:08 PM

If you guys are going to mention something big like this but not actually explain it, links would be helpful.

New diplomatic drama started 2 days ago.
C0ven guys killed unlucky Fenrir that happaned to be part of AAA alt corporation without any standings towards C0ven or any other part of Stain Wagon.

AAA was pissed and told c0ven "give our 13b back or we will reset you" in very unpleasent way.
C0ven replied "you must be kidding me? learn to set standings" In the same way.

Other stain wagon members (Legiunea ROmana, Stain Empire, Sytematic-Chaos) agreed to backup c0ven and will reset AAA too if it will happen.

Stain Empire did some mediation and atm c0ven agreed that he can give back looted assets if AAA will reimbursed few fraighters c0ven lost few months ago during post dominion logistic op. They were killed by AAA pos guns. (someone has to read "standings for dummies").

AAA probably hoped that rest of stain wagon would act like douchebags and leave c0ven alone. Wonder if they have enough balls to do it now.

fakeedit: i heared that AAA Collective already reseted c0ven.

http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread.php?5712-AAA-about-to-reset-C0ven-end-of-southern-coallition
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #6889 on: February 08, 2010, 12:52:06 PM

fakeedit: i heared that AAA Collective already reseted c0ven.
Yes, that would be the first move to make. Get the stew going.
The only reason those guys got together was because goons went apeshit on ROL - got a pleasant surprise and went Delve.
But since there are no goons anymore - the enemy we can unite against - petty stuff like this is bound to strain relations.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #6890 on: February 08, 2010, 01:06:07 PM

Well, there's no real good reason, they just rubbed me the wrong way the whole time during the 49- invasion/distraction/whatever the story was at any given point in time depending on how well that went for them. I got the impression they were just the little kid peeking out from behind a big bully, shaking their fist and going "yeaaah!".

I know it's not much of a reason, but I'd still giggle if it happened.

I agree on this one. Liam Fremen is a blathering retard whose hate for goons is only rivaled by Blaster Worm.  In general, I like to see people who take the game Extra Seriously get taken down a notch or twelve.

Witty banter not included.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6891 on: February 08, 2010, 01:34:44 PM

Liam is motiviating his alliance the best way he knows how.   According to the senior Goons who he chatted to at fanfest he was chill and all, but his general members are (we have all discovered when in system with them) skewed towards the less brilliant end of the spectrum, and he has to play up to that to get them going.   External hate figures, painted as irrationally horrible, are the fuel of participation.

Twitter - Endieposts

slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #6892 on: February 14, 2010, 05:34:30 AM

So this thread died.  Is there nothing going on that's worth reporting?

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #6893 on: February 14, 2010, 11:11:48 AM

So this thread died.  Is there nothing going on that's worth reporting?

I think most alliances are enjoying a slower pace than all-out war. I'm now in NC and as far as I can tell we're in less frantic than normal mode although it still looks bewildering to a newbie.

Word on the SA forums is that Goonwaffe will make for Cloud Ring. I imagine that will provide more entertainment for the reading public.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6894 on: February 14, 2010, 11:16:40 AM

http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread.php?5689-Murr-s-0-0-Updates&p=68060&viewfull=1#post68060

Quote from: murr
Sorry for no updates guys, but the North is RFing POSes and the south is ratting and there's really nothing going on...

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: